Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? (25584 Views)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by sexy74(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?
Please tell him as you are telling us now.
To me grade depends on the situation you were during school period .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by iamtardey: 11:21am On Nov 12, 2021
just shut up already.
FreeStuffsNG:

SMH. You will understand later on in life when all those liking your comments today have abandoned you.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by chopmymoney(f): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2021
Bros....its your life ...take your destiny into your hands by moving ahead. It has happened already them you to face it by been proactive with the what you do after the result.

It's what you are able to achieve at the end day that matters. Get certifications and empower yourself with what you like doing.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Quahl: 11:33am On Nov 12, 2021
Tell am say... OG i don Bleep up! Make e do am if easy too. Abegiii

i'm sipping my alcohol like this... join me bruh!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by AkhereOkaka(m): 11:33am On Nov 12, 2021
Rickmann:

How is 2.2 a failure?
Or
Since when did education become the true test of knowledge?
A lot of factors could ve been responsible for that, not because you are dull..

The earlier parents begin to emancipation themselves from this mental slavery in Nigeria, the better for us all.

2.2 is not a bad grade, left the university with 2.2 Economics and Statistics a decade ago. But note this it will deny you of some opportunity especially if you're young and want a career path in most blue chips firms as a graduate trainee.

We rise by lifting others.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by creepsyme(f): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?
Empty threats!
He cannot kill himself or kill you.
Life will still go on.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Kunlelee: 11:36am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Screenshot and send to him on WhatsApp that you're done
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2021
Depends on the course you studied, I don't think getting a 2.2 is bad. If you majored in the sciences: chemistry, physics, medicine, pharmacy, architecture, engineering, computer science etc. Then it's fine. I think your dad will understand. However, If you didn't, it's not the end of the world. Learn skills, apply for a master's, do certification courses. The world is your oyster. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by akdjr(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2021
I read tiredly to make sure I make 2.2 and you are here asking ho u will tell your Dad. Grow up and acquire more skills after school. Your 2.1 2.2 3rd class pass can not make you productive in organization but your acquired skills.
dopedan:
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Inspiration007: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2021
Shezzman:
Have u gone for an interview before.
What you just wrote is subjective.
In most cases, oral exams are given to all to ensure fair ground and most of the 2.2 students always do better than the 2.1 students. I graduated as a 4pointer but there are some of my colleagues who graduated with 2.2 that are so freaking better.

You're right boss
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by vivalavida(m): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2021
Same way you just told us.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by shogsman(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2021
Only a dumbass ignoramus will say 2-2 is a bad results mean that's even more than average

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by femi4: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Ask your Dad for his grade , if he didn't make 2.1...he has no moral justification to badmouth your 2.2

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Ruggedpen: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2021
It depends on your school, come to Futo and leave with 2.2 you will be bold to take it to him because he must have heard of people that have abandoned their own and jakpa

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by AfonjaConehead: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rickmann:

How is 2.2 a failure?
Or
Since when did education become the true test of knowledge?
A lot of factors could ve been responsible for that, not because you are dull..

The earlier parents begin to emancipation themselves from this mental slavery in Nigeria, the better for us all.

... emancipation themselves kwa!!!! grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Shytreasure(m): 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
mofedamijo:
Lol... I had a 3.4/5 which is 2.2. I got over 9 admissions for master degree in both U.S, U.K, Germany.

If you have a 2.1 and during your masters degree application, you can't write a very strong statement of purpose, then you went to school to waste your parents money. Nobody cares about your 2.1 except Nigerian employers.

Some of the best professors today had a 2.2. Without sounding proud, the guys who had 2.1 in my set back then cannot stand side by side with me on a debate on world issues, tech, big data, future tech, politics, government, etc.

During the interviews for my masters degree applications back then, when I start talking, the interviewers either drop their pen to pay close attention because someone (me) is spitting venoms. Blink and I have left you behind.

By the way, you can go to Havard with a 2.2 if you have something in your head to change the world.

Till today, my father never asked me what I graduated with. He only congratulated me for graduating. He knows the boy is bright and degree class is not a determinant of success. Some millionaires and business tycoons had 2.2,some only went to technical colleges.

The funny thing is, most schools overseas focus on your strengths through your academic transcript. For example, if you did well in economic courses, and you are applying to economics related courses, you are good to go. Also they calculate in percentage. A 3.4/5 is 68% and a 3.6/5 is 72%. This shows you that the supposed 2.1 only topped a strong 2.2 with just 4%.

Strive hard to have a 2.1, if not, have a strong 2.2. Your GPA is converted to percentages. There is nothing wrong with having a 2.2,absolutely nothing. Except you have a very weak 2.2. Still a weak 2.2 aint gon determine your life.

Focus on your dreams nigga.

Please, i need your help on how to apply for masters degree abroad.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
In my class of 75, only 16 of us graduated 2.1,
2:2 is not a bad result. Lots of smart guys in my class made 2.2 and are very intelligent in many ways. Personal growth is the key, just ask yourself if you have what it takes to achieve your dream and make your parents proud and if the answer is no, then double up your effort now that you're out in the real world, do your best & your old man would be proud of you. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Bigjosh10(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
mofedamijo:
Lol... I had a 3.4/5 which is 2.2. I got over 9 admissions for master degree in both U.S, U.K, Germany.

If you have a 2.1 and during your masters degree application, you can't write a very strong statement of purpose, then you went to school to waste your parents money. Nobody cares about your 2.1 except Nigerian employers.

Some of the best professors today had a 2.2. Without sounding proud, the guys who had 2.1 in my set back then cannot stand side by side with me on a debate on world issues, tech, big data, future tech, politics, government, etc.

During the interviews for my masters degree applications back then, when I start talking, the interviewers either drop their pen to pay close attention because someone (me) is spitting venoms. Blink and I have left you behind.

By the way, you can go to Havard with a 2.2 if you have something in your head to change the world.

Till today, my father never asked me what I graduated with. He only congratulated me for graduating. He knows the boy is bright and degree class is not a determinant of success. Some millionaires and business tycoons had 2.2,some only went to technical colleges.

The funny thing is, most schools overseas focus on your strengths through your academic transcript. For example, if you did well in economic courses, and you are applying to economics related courses, you are good to go. Also they calculate in percentage. A 3.4/5 is 68% and a 3.6/5 is 72%. This shows you that the supposed 2.1 only topped a strong 2.2 with just 4%.

Strive hard to have a 2.1, if not, have a strong 2.2. Your GPA is converted to percentages. There is nothing wrong with having a 2.2,absolutely nothing. Except you have a very weak 2.2. Still a weak 2.2 aint gon determine your life.

Focus on your dreams nigga.

Bro please how did you go about your MSC with 9 admissions. Wow big congrats, I also came out with a strong 2.2. could you please put me through how you sent about yours. A contact or email would be fine by me
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by oluplus(m): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

Is 2.2 a bad report?
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by kunle75(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:

Its not a bad result please dust your self and be a better person by proving everyone wrong with what you do with your life henceforth.

My case is an example I studied business administration in naija and finished with same grade but my life isn't stopped there.I started my second degree in cloud computing and almost done with high grade and 9 certifications, my post graduate studies is staring at me already all paid for by myself slow but steady.
If i can do it,you can do it too,that's not an excuse and you can't undo what is done already.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by BENEAMATA: 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
How do you intend to break the news to your dad that you , ahem, graduated ? !

Must be so easy for your pops to place you at the peak of your chosen profession once you graduate with a first class i think , like all the.best graduating student in say , banking and finance are guaranteed to become CBN governor one day . My friend , congratulations and go start making legit money and make your family proud .

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by faithfull18(f): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2021
TheWolfen:
What is wrong with SECOND CLASS LOWER?
You lose opportunities that requires 1:1 or 2:1
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by snoopz: 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
I got 2 2 and my mama don dey tell me to come out wit good result since 200l but me don Sabi say I no fit do pass my sef because na law course i wan study before unilorin dash me edu...
When my mama saw the convocation list and she saw the list of first class in my dept,(zero by the way) and the list of 2.1 no even reach 10, and the list of 3rd class and pass be like ocean, nobody tell her before she hug me and greeted me congratulations for my 2.2

The lesson there is that you just have to tell your parents na 2.2 you finished with, they can't do anything, Las Las Dem go wish and wish and wish, they just have to support you...

Moreover wetin you finish with in school no even matter in Nigeria now abi no be the same Nigeria we dey?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Mypeople2(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
dopedan:
Tell him, he will not kill you .Even first class graduates are still on the street, so nor fear .
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Ijoba85: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
You have 2.2 you are not grateful and happy, who says what you graduated with determine your altitude in life? You try wella abeg , tell palle say u try ur best that you guys should be grateful to God for life
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by money121(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
kenniefawole:

Truth be told , all of us can’t graduate with good grades . 2.2 isn’t a bad grade . True , your dad might be disappointed but dude it is your life ! You will be responsible for yourself eventually. Man up ! The most important thing is getting yourself valuable for this economy . School is over what next ? What do you want to do with your life ? Let make use of one of my big boss @money121 i’m always inspired by him , my boss didn’t make good grade while in school , after school he decided to venture into the construction industry today even the best graduating student of their set can’t stand beside him . He owns his roofing company today worth millions of Naira . Big up the challenge and make yourself better even your dad that rebuke you for having bad grades would be the number 1 person to shout “that’s my son!!!l” eventually !
Grades doesn’t define your greatness
Peace ! .
3rd Class Na your Mate grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Oladapo3971(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
Exactly

APC is the logo of failure.[/quote]
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by thespokenword: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dad ,I tried but it was a DRAW.
And I think a Master will come good.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Cocaine20982: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
Tell your dad the truth, ,, so you can be at Peace with your Conscience.
If he complain and try to Chastise you for not bringing in a better result than 2.2,,,,, then just tell him "I'M SORRY SIR."
This is better than lies.

MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NarcissistKing(m): 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
kenniefawole:

Lol , this is a complete lie ! A friend of mine was making over 1 million monthly from freelancing while he was still in school . What determines whether your life would be hard or not are the skills & connections you have made .

Read between the lines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WAEC Is Confused – MURIC, Reveals What Timetable Can Cause In Nigeria / Beautiful Nairalander Graduates As Best Student In OAUTHC School Of Nursing / Nairaland Interschool Debate:: FUNAAB VS IBADAN POLY. WINNER: IBADAN POLY.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.