Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions (3235 Views)

10 States In Nigeria With Bigger Economy Than Some African Countries-Osibanjo / South East Leaders Urge Other Regions To Protect Igbo Indigenes / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by Rodwave: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2021
Igboid:

Nnaa, I tire .
It's normal.
They must hear the truth whether they like it or not
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by YoungRay007: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Without the sea port and airport in Lagos, Lagos state would have been a low grade kogi state
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by aribisala0(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
but there is a seaport and airport in Lagos

Without tools Man would just be another Primate
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by oyatz(m): 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Broveens42:

Nigerians are so predictable. I knew you would make this comment.
It's all propaganda still
and yet, everyone relies on oil to pay salaries.
Who is deceiving who? grin

Excuse me sir, the topic is not about oil or payment of salaries and if everyone rely on oil to pay salaries ,why is the S/East performing poorly in this Statistics on IGR?
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by rdokoye: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
IGR is low in the SE because most Igbo people are self-employed and pay next to no tax.
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by rdokoye: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
oyatz:

Excuse me sir, the topic is not about oil or payment of salaries and if everyone rely on oil to pay salaries ,why is the S/East performing poorly in this Statistics on IGR?

IGR is low in the SE because most Igbo people are self-employed and pay next to no tax.

Unlike in less developed states where everyone works in the public sector. That's why the SW, for example, struggled during the lockdowns in 2020, because almost everyone works in the public sector. Whereas in Anambra, Obiano removed all tax payments for the entire year. Because Anambra has a private sector led economy.

IGR is just revenue derived from tax. It doesn't reflect the wellbeing of the people.
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by Lionofthedesert: 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
melvinjames:

Who is stopping you?
You can't be in Lagos or Kano screaming Biafra, go back to Biafra if you want a Biafra republic.

I tire o........go dem no gree go.........
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by rdokoye: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
History555:
If hausas says he wants to leave nigeria no body will beg him to stay or start telling him the disadvantages.

If yorubas say they want to leave nigeria no body will beg him to stay or start telling him the disadvantages

If middle belt says the want to leave nigeria no body will beg him to stay or start telling him the disadvantages

But once lgbo man says he wants to leave nigeria everyone starts begging him, telling him the disadvantages, online media cows start opening threads wailing and lamenting, print media starts wailing, politicians in other regions start wailing.

Now you know which region is very important.

That's why 120 persons are killed in sokoto on oct 13 and no body talked about it but let one lgbo man die and you will see 39 threads, 120,000 comments on it

In the context of Nigeria, IGR means nothing, as a nation that's criminally undertaxed where most Igbo people work for themselves (as self-employed), it makes sense that the SE would have a low IGR. In the North, the overwhelming majority of its working populace, work in the public sector, that's where, I'm sure the bulk of its IGR is coming from, the same is true in the SW.
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by Brimstone77: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
melvinjames:

You're talking about the 60s but I'm talking about now. There's no region where the SE doesn't top the immigrant population. Go and develop Biafra.
ogbeni stop talking rubbish...

Declare Biafra today and deport any igbo person you see in your God forsaken Nigeria..
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by oyatz(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
rdokoye:

Unlike in less developed states where everyone works in the public sector. That's why the SW, for example, struggled during the lockdowns in 2020, because almost everyone works in the public sector. Whereas in Anambra, Obiano removed all tax payments for the entire year. Because Anambra has a private sector led economy.

IGR is just revenue derived from tax. It doesn't reflect the wellbeing of the people.

You wrote out of ignorance sir.

1) IGR also include taxes collected from self-employed residents of each State.
Taxes are leveled on markets which are collected by the traders associations and added up to be remitted to their States' Gov't.

2) Who told you that almost everyone in the S/west are Gov't workers?
All the people working with Osun State Gov't for instance aren't upto 20,000 compared to a population of over 5 million residents.

Do you know the number of quarries in Osun State alone? Do you know how many tonnes of timbers & planks, Kolanuts and palm oil that leave Osun State every week, to be sold in the North?

Do you know the volume of trade along the international borders in Ogun and Oyo States?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by B2Bmen: 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
melvinjames:

Who is stopping you?
You can't be in Lagos or Kano screaming Biafra, go back to Biafra if you want a Biafra republic.
is it in Lagos and ogun they are waving the Biafra flag? Is it not in onitsha and aba? Which Biafra land are u talking about again? Is it their fult that you cannot make it in Lagos and ogun but they are making it anywhere they go. I believe you are a tenant of pa chukwudi even in your own village osogbo pa chukwudi is still your landlord. U will never get a free house they must remain in osogbo on till they get their Biafra, if e dey pain u drink snipper
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by tsdarkside(m): 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
haha20:
Good, now support them to have their own country since they're contributing nothing to your Boko Haram Nigeria.

you are mumu people....and the ol afrca is startin to identify you igbos now....you cant hide behind nigeria no more....

yeye people....
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by tsdarkside(m): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2021
melvinjames:

Who is stopping you?

very ridiculous people,a part of them want presidency,the other part want biafra....

very useless people....
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by Ikinternational: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
They don't contribute anything sef
LET THEM GO

Abeg make it trend
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by fyneguy: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hmmm Osun generates more than Anambra and Imo. Wow
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by rdokoye: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
oyatz:

You wrote out of ignorance sir.

1) IGR also include taxes collected from self-employed residents of each State.
Taxes are leveled on markets which are collected by the traders associations and added up to be remitted to their States' Gov't.

2) Who told you that almost everyone in the S/west are Gov't workers?
All the people working with Osun State Gov't for instance aren't upto 20,000 compared to a population of over 5 million residents.

Do you know the number of quarries in Osun State alone? Do you know how many tonnes of timbers & planks, Kolanuts and palm oil that leave Osun State every week, to be sold in the North?

Do you know the volume of trade along the international borders in Ogun and Oyo States?

I know it does, that's why I pointed out that Nigeria is undertaxed, and as I said before, Igbo business owners rarely pay tax. This is not conjecture, unlike the things you've written.

Virtually every state in the SW is heavily in debt. Unlike in the SE, where even the poorest state owes very little, and that's because of the private sector, which is more developed in the SE than any of the other regions.
Re: Data Shows SE Contribute's Very little To Nigeria's Economy Than Other Regions by oyatz(m): 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
rdokoye:

I know it does, that's why I pointed out that Nigeria is undertaxed, and as I said before, Igbo business owners rarely pay tax. This is not conjecture, unlike the things you've written.

Virtually every state in the SW is heavily in debt. Unlike in the SE, where even the poorest state owes very little, and that's because of the private sector, which is more developed in the SE than any of the other regions.

You keep shifting the goal posts sir.

The topic is about IGR, so how does debt come into it?

Every State in the S/west is indebted to who? According to who?
And the S/East States are not in debt? Because of private sector?

Which private sector that doesn't pay tax but somehow make their States Gov't not to be in debt?

#These your theories aren't adding up sir, cook another theory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Mom Is A Tribalist / I Will Rape Your Mother And Pass Her To My Friends - El Rufai Son / FG Commends EKSG On Environmental, Social Impact Assessment Of Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.