Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? (17860 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 3:42am On Jan 09, 2023
kiss
Yeah, cooking up spicy stuff
PoliteActivist:

Ok, you have 3 videos. Three! cheesy
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:08am On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?
As a prophet I want to get married so I can shout and order my wife around and threaten to place a curse on her if she misbehaves. But she must have big nyash Sha because I love big nyash it makes me see go gaga and kabash more.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2023
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by flexxyworld(m): 11:30am On Jan 09, 2023
logical reasons
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Omniman(m): 11:31am On Jan 09, 2023
grin
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Lance00009: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2023
There shouldn't be a reason to get married
Is there any reason to love
If you take a wife for a reason the reason remain in your history till eternity
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Cutehector(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2023
To forge through life together as man and wife..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Get kids, nothing else
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by faithfull18(f): 11:35am On Jan 09, 2023
Today is Monday.

For affordable data bundles, check our profile wink

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Isabi4lov: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2023
* Companionship
* Reproduction
* Pleasure
* Building and achieving goals together
* Having a family bond with your children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by iPrincess: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2023
Sex
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by ERlS(f): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2023
Una don start with una must trend topic. If you don't want to get married then don't and vice versa stop seeking others opinions.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by protocol(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2023
Old age, alot happens here that you will need family, children, wife and more

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by almarthins(m): 11:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Lovebliss2:
Love, Companionship, reproduction, raising your own family.

Love no be part of many marriage na just benefit. You give me something I don't have, I give u what I have.

The day you stop giving marriage don end.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by TheboyGhost(m): 11:38am On Jan 09, 2023
Nothing at all...

It's because say society go say this and that but who cares anyway....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PHIPEX(m): 11:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Synergy, many people underestimate the power of synergy. 2 good heads will always be better than 1.

A good couple will outperform a single parent in all ramifications under same condition. Marriage acts like a team in all aspect of human engagement and a good team outperforms a single player.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Obakoolex(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2023
So that you can die peacefully knowing you left a legacy in the world
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Worksunlimited: 11:41am On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?

Poverty alleviation and free knacks

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by SmartyPants(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2023
InfernoNig:
Companionship and reproduction.

A girlfriend can give you that. The question is why marry her...and the answer in most cases is to fulfil religious requirements

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by charleskl(m): 11:41am On Jan 09, 2023
It's a command from God
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Medianna(f): 11:42am On Jan 09, 2023
2ndchildhood:
He's single and still has it all
Why are you concluding he has it all?
This is someone's life from afar
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by xynerise: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2023
Eat good food and be free of sexual sins(For those who don't womanize)
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by meobizy(f): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2023
Pass JAMB first and I will tell you.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by knowhowk: 11:46am On Jan 09, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.
Good Reasons .

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by JoshTim: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2023
Me i dey look for wife....no be all these hungry girls i never chop send me 2k. Working and have a good vision or nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MilitantAtheist: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2023
1: Enough Money
2: you find a beautiful Virgin (Nigeria/foreigner)
3: the female is not virgin but agree to be sex slave as a 4th wife or 3rd
4: She must not be a Nigerian girl but if she's Nigerian she must accept condition of number 3 as a 3rd wife/sex slave I helped out from whoring in the streets.
5: marriage is important to give more validation to how one gets his children.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by ednut1(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2023
Children, companionship, wealth building
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by bluefilm: 11:50am On Jan 09, 2023
As a guy, there is absolutely no reason at all to get married.

This is because marriage will rob you off all your freedom.

Your life will all be automatically reduced to taking care of your wife and your children until you are no longer able to do that.

If that is what you want for yourself, then go for it.

But as a lady...

You get married so that you can level up your status in the society.

People tend to treat married and unmarried ladies differently most especially when it comes to giving them respect, with the married ladies being given more respect than their unmarried counterparts.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Godfullsam(m): 11:53am On Jan 09, 2023
Sweetplum:
For legal companionship and reproduction. Those that ll scatter here are coming

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin

U mean the Vawulence crew?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by abobote: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2023
Children children children and children
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by 64kent: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2023
well i believe the complaints arise from misconception

most people base marriage on feelings/emotions ......they forget "love is not enough'

to get married you should be self aware of your good and bad side and also be financially ,emotionally, mentally committed to the other person

the 2 of you should be able to agree on your finances ,how u wana raise kids ,how many kids and how u deal with extended family ,and your love language

and you should aleays take note of what stage of life your partner is in si u know how best to support them

this days people marry out of pressure to become mr/mrs or beat loneliness.......its is better to stay lonely than end up with a partner who cant communicate or be sensitive to your needs

being rich is not enough love is not enough .....you might just find yourself in a rich prison

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Godfullsam(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2023
faceLAGOS:
Maybe because of unfettered access to pucci.

Cooking

And procreation.

Maybe.

I wander what makes you think that marriage will usher you into unlimited access to sex.

I guess you are still single.

You will understand better when you tie the knot.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Mothers Ugly Wish / When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.