Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? (17864 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by zedegit: 6:23am On Jan 10, 2023
[quote author=PoliteActivist]

Why did you think David married Chioma after the death of Ifeanyi? He realized that whatever he was doing with her was illegal.

Marriage is what gives you the legal right to someone's child.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Bonibo: 10:15am On Jan 10, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?
Get married and start facing what others are facing because no man will escape this cross
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by pomide(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.

It’s like you never marry… especially for that number 5 lol
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Bearfruit(f): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2023
Rubbiish:

Companionship between friends & family is still different from that u will share with your kids & spouse. The companionship gap between friends & family becomes wider as u age. They will also be dealing with their immediate family & have less time for u when u need them most.
you can still have companionship we meet people everyday and like I said not every marriage produce children. the Bible says you can keep a female friend but if you feel unseemingy about her/ yourbody, then marry rather than burn with passion.we cannot be wiser than the holy spirit.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Rubbiish(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2023
Bearfruit:
you can still have companionship we meet people everyday and like I said not every marriage produce children. the Bible says you can keep a female friend but if you feel unseemingy about her/ yourbody, then marry rather than burn with passion.we cannot be wiser than the holy spirit.
The bold is where u are getting it wrong!
Marriage is not all about children, but a man & woman. Children will come & go, but u two will remain. I will use my family as an example, if not for my dad my mom wouldn't be alive today. She was seriously ill at some point & my dad was the one doing all the runnings. None of us could go home & stay because of our engagement, we could only visit. My dad is a pensioner & had all his time dedicated to my mom. My mom had a lot of friends, but where were they?
My point is, these people u are seeing as friends will not be there when u need them most, only the bond shared between spouses or with kids can propel one to make such sacrifice. All these friends & colleagues will not stay with u in the hospital when u are sick tomorrow, they will come after some days, spend maximum of 1 hour & go. Take time to visit any hospital, those admitted, enquire about the people sitting beside the sick bed of patients, taking care of them, they will all likely fall into spouses, kids & parents. You will hardly see a friend or colleague there!
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Constitutionally and Politically, As A Man, You need to get Married inorder for you to run any Political Office.

So, This is One Important Aspect To Level Up As A Man. So, You are Wrong to Say Marriage will Rob You off All Your Freedom.

When You Grow Up from Being A Boy into A Man, You'll Understand How To Position Your Woman and Lead Her Nearly The Way You Want. It takes Time, because Women aren't Wired like Us; However - it is worth it.

So, Women aren't Bondage To Reduce You Except You aren't Spiritually and Psychologically Matured Enough To Manifest and Manoeuver Them For Your Glory.

Wives of Bill Gates, Dangote, Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku are All Women Who Are Reproduced and Are Reproducing The Energies of Their Husbands even if The Case of Divorce springs up.

Marriage is An Institution. You cannot clearly Understand or Relate About Any Institution if you do not or are not passing through it.

You need to get married to run political office?

Lies.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MadarasBlade(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
SugarGirl44:
Some woke people are against marriage and having kids, my advice is for them to check how miserable old people who refused to get married and have kids are.
There’s no need for long talks.

Doesn't it sound selfish that the only reason you want a family is because of old age? If old people could care for themselves, you won't need kids.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by SugarGirl44(f): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Doesn't it sound selfish that the only reason you want a family is because of old age? If old people could care for themselves, you won't need kids.

I don’t mean old age as in 90/100 year old motionless people.
I mean active 50 and 60 year olds, that’s the age you start having a recap of your life and kids are the major source of joy and achievement in life(I’m taking about responsible parents tho)
Without which you feel sad, lonely, pained and full of regrets.

So it’s not selfish, you and your kids would be there for one another.

I may not have put my words together well, no vex, sleep dey catch me.
But hope you understand me sha.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 6:44am On Jan 12, 2023
LagosInter:

You need to get married to run political office?

Lies.

Observe things for yourself.

Which of your political leader is unmarried without a first lady?

Don't lie to yourself.

You live in the world, yet you don't know how things work yet. Except ofcourse, you are still a teenager.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Divoc19:
kiss
Yeah, cooking up spicy stuff

Spells mi, I was banned again for posting exactly the same thing again (see it below)
I'm still banned in that section

I don't understand why I was being banned for this!!!

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Observe things for yourself.

Which of your political leader is unmarried without a first lady?

Don't lie to yourself.

You live in the world, yet you don't know how things work yet. Except ofcourse, you are still a teenager.
LagosInter

He is right. You are wrong.
There is no requirement that one be married b4 running for any political office in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2023
Why? We were cool
PoliteActivist:

Hello Awelewa Spells, A my beautiful online wife. They banned me for posting you. I am still banned in that section. I'll post once unbanned
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
PoliteActivist:

He is right. You are wrong.
There is no requirement that one be married b4 running for any political office in Nigeria

Show me a proof.

That's All.

Being Judgmental Should Come with Atleast A Proof - Sensibly.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:03am On Jan 13, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Show me a proof.

That's All.

Being Judgmental Should Come with Atleast A Proof - Sensibly LagosInter

See below

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:04am On Jan 13, 2023
Here's the last page

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 3:26am On Jan 13, 2023
PoliteActivist:

See below

Where does Our point of discussion come in play here ?

There is no place written about "marriage" or "not marriage".

However, every politician intendinv to resume office clearly understands the implication of marriage to his political career; hence - they need not be told how right to appeal to people.

Live in Reality of What it is. Not what has been long written and The people are In The Jeopardy of ZERO-SPIRITUAL-Alignment To UPDATE.

When was the last time The Constitution was reviewed to be updated to match up with Present Day Lifestyle ?

Have you participated in the amendment of any constitution since you were an adult as a citizen of your Village, State and Country ?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 3:38am On Jan 13, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Where does Our point of discussion come in play here ?

There is no place written about "marriage" or "not marriage".

However, every politician intendinv to resume office clearly understands the implication of marriage to his political career; hence - they need not be told how right to appeal to people.

Live in Reality of What it is. Not what has been long written and The people are In The Jeopardy of ZERO-SPIRITUAL-Alignment To UPDATE.

When was the last time The Constitution was reviewed to be updated to match up with Present Day Lifestyle ?

Have you participated in the amendment of any constitution since you were an adult as a citizen of your Village, State and Country ?

With all due respect, you are talking like an idiot.
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE MARRIED TO RUN FOR ANY POLITICAL OFFICE IN NIGERIA!!!
Full stop!
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 13, 2023
PoliteActivist:

See below

So where is the marriage requirement?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 9:47am On Jan 13, 2023
Aww. It's high time I send a DM
PoliteActivist:

Spells mi, I was banned again for posting exactly the same thing again (see it below)
I'm still banned in that section

I don't understand why I was being banned for this!!!
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:47am On Jan 13, 2023
LagosInter:

There is NONE!
I'm on your side!
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2023
PoliteActivist:

With all due respect, you are talking like an idiot.
YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE MARRIED TO RUN FOR ANY POLITICAL OFFICE IN NIGERIA!!!
Full stop!

Clearly, You are Hypocritically A PoliteActivist.

When The Truth Surfaces and Steers in The Eyes of Hypocrites; Instead of Rightly Debate; They Result to ANGER and INSULTS.

I leave you to your Hypocrisy, HuMAN.

Yours is To Continue To WANDER AROUND And HuMILIATE Yourself - just as You Do On Here On Nairaland.

Selah.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by MessiahOfAfrica(m): 10:24am On Jan 13, 2023
LagosInter:

I'm Glad You Also Asked The Confusionist.

grin

I had thought He was Smarter Than Throwing Insults over a faceless forum.

I never knew his "moniker" was a Hypocritical Cajole of His True Attribute.

I'm A Son of A Powerful Political Woman Leader Who Has Risen To Win Various Political Elections in Her Lifetime.

I Grew Up in A POLITICAL HOME Understanding POLITICAL AFFAIRS; So I cannot Stoop Myself So Low Debating with HYPOCRITICAL UNPOLITE ACTIVISTS like PoliteActivist.

I Am THE MESSIAH OF AFRICA (TMOA) For A Reason; And I Know My Place.

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Stargurl20(f): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2023
Majorly to have children I think
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Bearfruit(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2023
Rubbiish:

The bold is where u are getting it wrong!
Marriage is not all about children, but a man & woman. Children will come & go, but u two will remain. I will use my family as an example, if not for my dad my mom wouldn't be alive today. She was seriously ill at some point & my dad was the one doing all the runnings. None of us could go home & stay because of our engagement, we could only visit. My dad is a pensioner & had all his time dedicated to my mom. My mom had a lot of friends, but where were they?
My point is, these people u are seeing as friends will not be there when u need them most, only the bond shared between spouses or with kids can propel one to make such sacrifice. All these friends & colleagues will not stay with u in the hospital when u are sick tomorrow, they will come after some days, spend maximum of 1 hour & go. Take time to visit any hospital, those admitted, enquire about the people sitting beside the sick bed of patients, taking care of them, they will all likely fall into spouses, kids & parents. You will hardly see a friend or colleague there!
I get your point, apostle Paul at a point said all men have deserted me Maybe if he had a wife she would have stood by him?though he said God stood by him.
When you are unmarried and have a rich relationship with God I bet you won't feel completely alone even though it important and encouraging to have someone who cares.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by faithfull18(f): 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2023
According to the title, the Bible says you should get married if you can't stay sexually pure, rather than committing sin by sleeping around.

I paraphrased though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 5:35am On Jan 15, 2023
LagosInter:

So where is the marriage requirement?[/quote

[quote author=MessiahOfAfrica post=119987895]

I'm Glad You Also Asked The Confusionist.

Colo, he meant there is NO marriage requirement to run for office in Nigeria, which was exactly his original point!
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by AlphaJazz: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.
Nicely put.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by AlphaJazz: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
XXXXTENTACION:
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people
would be single... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. / He Abandoned Me With Pregnancy.Please Where Can I Report Him For Child Support? / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.