Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? (17851 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Kaiser20: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?
Questions for nairaland Adults, no kids comment3
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by emerged01(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?
It seems you are questioning God that why did He create Eve?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Godfullsam(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
SmartyPants:

A girlfriend can give you that. The question is why marry her...and the answer in most cases is to fulfil religious requirements

What religious requirements

I have never seen any religion that mandates any man/woman to get married.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Abbeytoy(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
XXXXTENTACION:
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people would be single... cheesy

Marriage do not guarantee you children, you can actually have sex and children without being married.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by everythinggirly(f): 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
To raise your own family.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Olaolex: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sweetplum:
For legal companionship and reproduction. Those that ll scatter here are coming
They are already here
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Ilomuanya: 12:08pm On Jan 09, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqj2-E5OMIY
Reasons why people get married.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Bearfruit(f): 12:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
the main reason for marriage according to the book of books aka the word of God is to avoid fornication.(to keep your vessel holy as the body is not for fornication)
If you are a eunuch there is no reason for getting married.
As for bearing children,it is not every marriage that is fruitful so that is not a valid reason.
Then companionship is what you have already between friends, family members etc.
Marry for the right reasons!!!!so help you God.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by miqos02(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You can start a family without marriage
you can't have a family outside marriage.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Tinnie001(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
Marriage is just an unlimited sex bundle nothing special
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
How? I wish I knew how, I wouldn't have even dared

so re u trying to say, u wished u didn't marry ur husband
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Laughingkk: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Wrong! You can have both without being married

ILLEGALLY OR ON CREDIT

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by SmartyPants(m): 12:24pm On Jan 09, 2023
Godfullsam:

What religious requirements

I have never seen any religion that mandates any man/woman to get married.

You've not seen any religion that requires you to get married in order to have children?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by dododawa1: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Na WOMEN dey enjoy marriage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2023
Figure
Heathrow44:

so re u trying to say, u wished u didn't marry ur husband
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
2ndchildhood:
He's single and still has it all

shut up, Cristiano Ronaldo jnr is not Georgina Rodriguez biological child with Ronaldo, do u think Georgina really loved Cristiano jnr like her own biological children, d only rsn d families is still together, just take out CR7 and money out of d equation, d families is bound for dark days
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by seanwilliam(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.

Good points. However , come back to share your experience 2 years after your marriage .

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2023
Divoc19:
Figure

yes or no I will really appreciate a yes or no
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by terrezo2002(m): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
XXXXTENTACION:
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people would be single... cheesy
You are right. A lot of people would be single.
Only the few who have the true knowledge marry for good reasons.
Marriage itself is a blessing.
Apart from sex and procreation,
Marriage is for companionship
Marriage makes you achieve more because two are better than one.
Marriage makes you see better. Sometimes what you can see, your partner will see.
Marriage gives you favour. Many times success comes to you because of your partner.
Marriage teaches you management in terms of resources, people etc.
Marriage teaches you love, forgiveness, patience and sacrifice.
Marriage helps us to be able to tolerate other people.
Marriage gives you peace.
When you have a partner who is has spiritually sound as you, both of you will fly. One will chase a 1000 and two will chase 10,0000
Marriage brings respect and honour.
Marriage gives you an edge.
The list goes on and on but lett me stop here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Divoc19(f): 12:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
That's a yes of course
I wouldn't have done it if I knew better.
I just realized I could still have it all without getting married
To hell with society or church if you have money
@ Heathrow44
Heathrow44:

yes or no I will really appreciate a yes or no

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by gly(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That becomes illegal approach tongue
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by geotosin: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
The only legitimate reason to get married in its original principle is "you're tired of working alone and needed help, this help includes giving birth to children expected to inherit your legacy".

Take note: if you haven't worked enough and be tired with impactful legacy, you have absolutely no reason to get married.

***Work
***Legacy
***Helpful lady
***Marriage

Follow the order above. Ignoring the above order is the reason for our broken � world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:

Apart from having kids I see no reason to marry as for me I don’t want to have a polygamous family that why I want to marry just need one woman to be the mother of my unborn kids.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Buksaylor: 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Nazgul:
Marriage is a wonderful thing. The reason why people see it as nonsense is because sexual immorality is as easy as drinking water.

So to your question... reasons why I feel or want to get married are.

1. Companionship. There are times when you would want to talk to someone, just sit, talk and pour out what's bothering you to a listening ear. With the right spouse, you'll always enjoy geninue companionship, enjoy gossips together. Baby Mamas or olosho cannot give you this cos what you have with them is purely transactional.

2. It lowers your risks of contacting STDs. An older cousin of mind told me that for the past 12 years he's been married he has never been treated for any STD. If you're married to a faithful partner, and you're faithful to your partner as well, you would never suffer from STDs.

With Baby Mamas or oloshos your heart would always race wherever you develop any strange feeling or symptom after having sex with them. I've read countless topics here on Nairaland where the guy in question would tell us how the condom bursted and he wasn't aware and how he started seeing some rashes on his manhood. Such a person would never have peace of mind until after a medical test. A marriage to a good spouse eliminates all that.

3. You can plan together . I'll use my parents as an example. When my dad was building his house in the village, my mom contributed a great deal to it. Even the first car he bought which was a Jetta volkswagen, as I grew older I learnt that it was actually my mom who bought the car for him, because he had so much on his hands and didn't want to miss the car, and the funny thing was that my mom never mentioned it not even once, it was my dad who told me.

With the right spouse, you can achieve a lot together, you can build, set up businesses, invest together and support each other. Olosho or baby Mamas cannot give you this cos whatever business you setup for them is theirs and theirs alone. And wouldn't support you with a penny when things go south for you.

4. Raising your kids together . Raising kids alone is very tasking. I have a 4 year old nephew (he'll be 5 this year) who I try to use to see what parenting looks like. There was a time his mom (my cousin) came with him to spend the weekend in my place (Friday to Sunday), that was when I understood that it takes more than depositing your semen into a hole to raise kids.

From waking him up, to bathing the child, to actually spending ample time together with him talking and bonding...this isn't something a baby mama can do. It takes being married to the right person for you to achieve this.

5. Eating good food . This night I just came back from buying beans (elewa) and bread. Most times I feel very lazy to go into the kitchen, there are times I can stay up to 6 months without visiting my kitchen.

As a married man, your wife would spoil you with good food, not the junks you've been struggling with during your bachelor days. The first time I ate Nkwobi in my life, was in my uncle's house, and it was prepared by his wife. Imagine having a wife who can prepare all that, believe me, by 6pm you're home cos you'd be perceiving her food right from your office.

2,3,5 are sometimes wrong...
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Kaiser20: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Marriage do not guarantee you children, you can actually have sex and children without being married.
Have children without marriage just to satisfy your Ego, do ever think what those children will go through, emotional or negative trauma when they grow up.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by YourHighTension: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Then what are the reasons why one should get married?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Abbeytoy(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kaiser20:

Have children without marriage just to satisfy your Ego, do ever think what those children will go through, emotional or negative trauma when they grow up.

Marriage does not guarantee happiness or anything, it doesn't prevent trauma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Rapture4real(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
It boosts immunity.

On a serious note, Satan has used wrong partner in marriage to torment the other partner with a glorious destiny. Marriage has reduced some people to a shadow of themselves due to satanic manipulation.

Marriage is ordained by God for a purpose which Satan doesn't want. Good marriage is a threat to the kingdom of Satan. Hence he tries to pervert it and makes it void.

Choose life partner in Christ and.pray to sustain your home against the onslaught of Satan.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:20pm On Jan 09, 2023
emerged01:

It seems you are questioning God that why did He create Eve?
Jah himself regretted creating Eve
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Kaiser20: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Abbeytoy:

Marriage does not guarantee happiness or anything, it doesn't prevent trauma
I mean the children's welfare, do you have enough to pay for Baby Mama/papa
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by spiceadole: 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:

I will speak for myself...
For reproduction without baby mama and daddy drama

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law. / My Mothers Ugly Wish / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.