Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (18821 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / The Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by TrueSeeker(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2010
Trinity has always being a bone of contention in christendom since its adoption. The truth is that it was never a bible teaching, and Bible can never accommodate it, it will always be a controversial subject. But the Bible talk in a clear terms that even lay man could understand it. Bible says: God is not god of confusion. Trinity will always generate confusion.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by mamagee3(f): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
The Holy Trinity is a mixture of one person in three. . .
It's like tricycle with the same wheels that do the same thing
and function together, One can't function wihout the other
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
I used to doubt if theres anything like trinity,but when i did further research,i realized dat theres one God operating in 3persons&3dimensions diff but coordinated by Godhead
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
I used to doubt if theres anything like trinity,but when i did further research,i realized dat theres one God operating in 3persons&3dimensions diff but coordinated by Godhead
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2010
queenesthr:

The Atom - three indivisible but distinct components - nucleus, proton, electrons.

That is a good illustration. Did you know that Protons and Neutrons each comprise of three quarks? which is another way of seeing the wonders of three in one.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by TrueSeeker(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2010
I don't see anything holy in trinity than paganism. Jesus says in clear term: My father is greater than me.
One God is never operating in three dimension. During the Baptism of Jesus, God said: this is my beloved Son on whom my favour rest. Will almighty God be the same son? And John said he behold holy spirit descend like dove upon Jesus, could Jesus be the holy spirit? Haba! Bible is clear on the person of God, trinity is not a Bible teaching. if it is Bible would have shown it in clear term. And what is more, one don't need to believe in trinity to get salvation.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by blackcypha(m): 2:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
toba:

which research?or is it not what other creationist ides have written dat u adopted as conclusion for u beleifs?
mama-gee:

The Holy Trinity is a mixture of one person in three. . .
It's like tricycle with the same wheels that do the same thing
and function together, One can't function wihout the other
LOL ,,,i tot u xtians say that science cannot explain spiritual tins, they can only beknown by faith in ur holy books?
why use a product of science to impose ur belief in untestable hypothesis? grin
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
Those who are sensible realise that their intelligence is a product of the One who has infinite intelligence. Here is how one former atheist who eventually saw the light of the glorious gospel, attempted to explain the holy Trinity using simple natural phenomenoms. His name is C.S. Lewis.

“You know that in space you can move in three ways – to left or right, backwards or forwards, up or down. Every direction is either one of these three or a compromise between them. They are called the three Dimensions. Now notice this. If you are using only one dimension, you could draw only a straight line. If you are using two, you could draw a figure: say, a square. And a square is made up of four straight lines. Now a step further. If you have three dimensions, you can then build what we call a solid body: say, a cube – a thing like a dice or a lump of sugar. And a cube is made up of six squares.

Do you see the point? A world of one dimension would be a straight line. In a two dimensional world, you still get straight lines, but many lines make one figure. In a three dimensional world, you still get figures but many figures make one solid body. In other words, as you advance to more real and more complicated levels, you do not leave behind you the things you found on the simpler levels: you still have them, but combined in new ways - in ways you could not imagine if you knew only the simpler levels.

Now the Christian account of God involves just the same principle. The human level is a simple level and rather empty level. On the human level one person is one being, and any two persons are two separate beings – just as, in two dimensions (say on a flat sheet of paper) one square is one figure, and any two squares are two separate figures. On the Divine level you still find personalities; but up there you find them combined in new ways which we, who do not live on that level, cannot imagine. In God’s dimension, so to speak, you find a being who is three Persons while remaining one Being, just as a cube is six squares while remaining one cube. Of course we cannot fully conceive a Being like that: just as, if we were so made that we perceived only two dimensions in space we could never properly imagine a cube. But we can get a sort of faint notion of it. And when we do, we are then, for the first time in our lives, getting some positive idea, however faint, of something super-personal – something more than a person. It is something we could never have guessed, and yet, once we have been told, one almost feels one ought to have been able to guess it because it fits in so well with all the things we know already.

You may ask, ‘If we cannot imagine a three-personal Being, what is the good of talking about Him. The thing that matters is being actually drawn into that three-personal life, and that may begin any time – tonight, if you like.”
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2010
The Indwelling Trinity
March 19, 2010

"To know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:19)

One of the great doctrines of Christianity is the doctrine of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God, who lives in the heart of each believer who trusts in Christ for salvation. "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God?" (1 Corinthians 6:19).

At the same time, God is one God, so all three persons of the Godhead must, through the Spirit, likewise indwell the believer. Note Paul’s prayer for the believers in the Ephesian church (Ephesians 3:14-19).

"That he would grant you . . . to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man" (Ephesians 3:16). This request acknowledges the indwelling Spirit. Christ also prayed for this: "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter . . . the Spirit of truth . . . for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" (John 14:16-17).

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith" (Ephesians 3:17), that we might "know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge" (v. 19). Here is the indwelling Son. This is also revealed in Galatians 2:20 ("Christ liveth in me") and Colossians 1:27 ("Christ in you, the hope of glory").

"That ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). This can only refer to the indwelling Father, as well as the entire tri-unity of the Godhead. Can this indwelling be ours? Note also that the entire prayer was addressed in the first place to "the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:14). This, likewise, is a reflection of Christ’s promise: "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:23). "Filled with all the fulness of God!" What a wonderful privilege--and responsibility--is ours. HMM
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by joe4christ(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2010
THE SPIRIT OF D LORD IS LEADING ME 2 COMMENT ON THIS, AND I WILL! THE SCRIPTURE SAID WE WERE CREATED IN D IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD RIGHT? AND DSAM BIBLE SAID WE ARE gods RIGHT? THAT MEANS WE POSSESS SOME ATTRIBUTE AND CHARRACTERISTICS OF GOD AS SMALL GODS RIGHT? THEN LET'S LUK AT WHAT WE ARE MADE UP OF! EVERY MAN IS MADE UP OF [BODY] {SOUL} AND (SPIRIT) WHICH QUALIFY YOU AS A 3in1, D 3 CAN NEVER SURVIVE WITHOUT EACH OTHER. SO IS THE GODHEAD!

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by joe4christ(m): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
THE SPIRIT OF D LORD IS LEADING ME 2 COMMENT ON THIS, AND I WILL! THE SCRIPTURE SAID WE WERE CREATED IN D IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD RIGHT? AND DSAM BIBLE SAID WE ARE gods RIGHT? THAT MEANS WE POSSESS SOME ATTRIBUTE AND CHARRACTERISTICS OF GOD AS SMALL GODS RIGHT? THEN LET'S LUK AT WHAT WE ARE MADE UP OF! EVERY MAN IS MADE UP OF [BODY] {SOUL} AND (SPIRIT) WHICH QUALIFY YOU AS A 3in1,  D 3 CAN NEVER SURVIVE WITHOUT EACH OTHER. SO IS THE GODHEAD!

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
joe4christ:

THE SPIRIT OF D LORD IS LEADING ME 2 COMMENT ON THIS, AND I WILL! THE SCRIPTURE SAID WE WERE CREATED IN D IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD RIGHT? AND DSAM BIBLE SAID WE ARE gods RIGHT? THAT MEANS WE POSSESS SOME ATTRIBUTE AND CHARRACTERISTICS OF GOD AS SMALL GODS RIGHT? THEN LET'S LUK AT WHAT WE ARE MADE UP OF! EVERY MAN IS MADE UP OF [BODY] {SOUL} AND (SPIRIT) WHICH QUALIFY YOU AS A 3in1, D 3 CAN NEVER SURVIVE WITHOUT EACH OTHER. SO IS THE GODHEAD!

That is a good observation brother! We are tripartite beings; spirits having souls and living in a body. May the Lord give you His Power for your hour in Jesus' name.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
I WILL DEFINE THE TRINITY THIS WAY AS BENNY HINN DID.just like GOD d father telling.GOD d son to switch on d light and GOD d holy spirit serving like a current make the bulb to glow.three people workin together 4 dsame action.confused.just tink about it again with eternal eyes:-)
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2010
I WILL DEFINE THE TRINITY THIS WAY AS BENNY HINN DID.just like GOD d father telling.GOD d son to switch on d light and GOD d holy spirit serving like a current make the bulb to glow.three people workin together 4 dsame action.confused.just tink about it again with eternal eyes:-)
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00am On Mar 30, 2010
AYODEJI4LOVE:

[color=#006600][/color]

That analogy brings the truth of the message home. Some else said something like the current, wire and switch works in unity like the Trinity.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by SuperT(m): 2:21am On Mar 31, 2010
Quote: AYODEJI4LOVE

I Love the above Devination.

In addition to that:God have present Himself to man in Three ways In OT as God the father: NT as God the Son; In this present time as God the Holy Spirit.

God created Man in His Image; Out Man bring Woman than Children. Therefore God the Father God the Son God the Holy Spirit is equal to one God.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by karo93: 8:03am On Mar 31, 2010
@Super T
john.14.28- …I am going to the father; for he is greater than I.

they are not equal!
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2010
karo93:

@Super T

they are not equal!

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28 as you quoted above), this to you means that Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (See John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by nuella2(f): 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28 as you quoted above), this to you means that Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (See John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.

I totally agree with you.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by karo93: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2010
Acts.4.27
   and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT  WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.

Acts.3.26
  And so God chose HIS SERVANT and sent him  first to you to bless you by Making everyone of you turn from his wicked ways.

THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One WHO MADE.

these verses show that he was ALREADY A SERVANT before he was sent.

about john.10.30,
What Jesus meant by the above verse is that he and the father are one because they both followed the same ways and followed the same path.
Using Jn 14:20
…you will know that I am in my father and that you are in me just as I am in you.

Here you understand that Jesus is in the father ONLY because he does the father’s will and his disciples are in him because they do his will and he is in them because they all follow the same path which makes them one with God too because they all follow the same path. a=b and b=c and a=c

p.s i am not arguing this ON THIS THREAD
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by SuperT(m): 10:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
Quote from: karo93 on Yesterday at 08:03:07 AM

The above statement does not means thant Jesus is lesser God.No , But God comes in human being call Jesus.Live is Glory in Heaven.Came in humility way to save
Man. I pray that give you understading concerning His Word in Jesus. That why Jesus told His Disciple that He need to go for the manifestation of the Holy Ghost.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by joe4christ(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2010
@karo93 IN THE BOOK OF COLOSSIANS 2:8-10 QUOTE: { 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the word, and not after christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead (BODILY). 10 And ye are complete in him which is the head of all principality and power:} NOW TELL ME WHAT THIS SCRIPTURE IS TALKING ABOUT COS IT SEEMS YOU HAVE ANSWERS TO ALL LIFE QUESTION!
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by SuperT(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
Quote from: joe4christ Yesterday at 11:34:00 AM

@karo93 IN THE BOOK OF COLOSSIANS 2:8-10 QUOTE: { 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the word, and not after christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead (BODILY). 10 And ye are complete in him which is the head of all principality and power:} NOW TELL ME WHAT THIS SCRIPTURE IS TALKING ABOUT COS IT SEEMS YOU HAVE ANSWERS TO ALL LIFE QUESTION!

In Him dwellth all the fullness of the Godhead (Bodily).
Is still telling us that in Jesus dwelleth all fullness of Godhead. Is still the same God present Himself in three diffrent ways to man. God the Father God, the Son and The
God Holy Ghost.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38am On Apr 12, 2010
An Early Confession
April 12, 2010

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."(1 Timothy 3:16)

For more . . . .
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by SuperT(m): 10:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
John 10:30

"I and my Father are one."

So also the Holy Sprit.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2010
The Wonderful Truth of the Trinity

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 John 5:7) 

For more . . . .
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by xword: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2010
God, an independent Individual with an independent Will and possesing an independent Wisdom. Can these be trinity?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by SuperT(m): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
@xword,

Yes, because you are still talking oneness of a person.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51am On Apr 20, 2010
xword:

God, an independent Individual with an independent Will and possesing an independent Wisdom. Can these be trinity?

The doctrine of Trinity maintains that there is only one God (monotheism) with three persons within the one Godhead.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Duroe: 1:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
Fortunately the revelation that God gave about himself in the Holy Bible is that He is One. However the 'oneness' could mean one as a unit or one as in 'class'. We have one Homosapien with same anatomical characteristics despite being different in skin colour, height, size etc.
'Elohim' is a plural name but He said said he is ONE. Jesus Christ confirmed that 'God' is one, however revealed in the Holy Bible as the Triune God- The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.
The acronym 'God' therefore could not be a name like John, Joshua, Sarah etc (which are names of homosapien), but rather the 'class' reference to the Supreme Being who is one in essence and so united in Love (unlike homosapien) that there is no desire in the Father , Son or Holy Ghost to claim individuality.
God is ONE but revealed 'Himself' as The Father, The Word (who incarnated as the Son) and The Holy Ghost,(three persons) specifically in relation to the redemption of Mankind.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by chakula: 1:33pm On Apr 20, 2010
i would like to know who is god,son and the holy spirit please.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2010
chakula:

i would like to know who is god,son and the holy spirit please.

Out of all the illustrations and explanations given till now which of them don't you understand?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? / Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.