Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (18819 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / The Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by sofia99: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hello,
My name is Tina ,i saw your profile today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address( tina20016@yahoo.co.uk ) l believe we can move from here I am waiting.Please i want you to send me your e-mail to my own e-mail box so that i will send you my picture and you will know who i am Tina.(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
Thanks
Tina,
tina20016@yahoo.co.uk
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Luqhas(m): 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2010
All ur writeup are mere fallacy. You all write without proof. Firstly the word trinity came after the death of jesus as you claimed. Where did Jesus say people should worship him. He only called them to belieue in one God. He never told them he came to die for their sins. I believe in Jesus.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On May 04, 2010
Luqhas:

All your writeup are mere fallacy. You all write without proof. Firstly the word trinity came after the death of jesus as you claimed. Where did Jesus say people should worship him. He only called them to belieue in one God. He never told them he came to die for their sins. I believe in Jesus.

What is your own terms of reference, the qur'an?  If the word trinity is not in the Bible can you tell me that the word grandfather is in it, that is, the KJV? 

If you really believe in Jesus do you believe what He said about Himself?  That:

"I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me" John 14:6
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2010
The Trinity in the Old Testament
July 12, 2010

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."(Isaiah 48:16)

For more . . . .
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
The Trinity In Creation

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light" (Genesis 1:1–3).

These incomparable words open God’s written revelation to man, telling us how our Time/Space/Matter universe came to exist.  No other religious writings, ancient or modern, do this.  All others begin with the assumption of an eternal, self-existing universe.  The truth is, however, that the eternal, self-existing, transcendent, omnipotent Triune God simply called the universe into being by His word.  "By the word of the LORD were the heavens made. . . . For He spake, and it was done" (Psalm 33:6,9).

The Hebrew for "God" is the uni-plural Elohim, a plural noun (as noted by the “im” ending), yet normally represented by a singular pronoun "He." This is the first foreshadowing of the marvelous doctrine of the Trinity—only one Creator God, yet functioning as three divine Persons.  It is significant that His created universe is actually a tri-universe, with each of its distinct components (“beginning” = time; “heaven” = space; “earth” = matter) comprising and pervading the whole universe.  Just as the Father is the source and background of all being, so space is the background of all that happens in the physical universe.  Just as the Son manifests and speaks for the Father, so matter manifests and functions in space.  Just as the Spirit interprets and energizes the Son and the Father in human experience, so space and matter are interpreted and experienced in phenomena operating in time.

The Father planned the work of creation, the Son did the work (“all things were made by Him”—John 1:3), and the Spirit energized it ("the Spirit of God moved").  The Triune God created and now sustains our tri-universe! HMM
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
Duroe:

Fortunately the revelation that God gave about himself in the Holy Bible is that He is One. However the 'oneness' could mean one as a unit or one as in 'class'. We have one Homosapien with same anatomical characteristics despite being different in skin colour, height, size etc.
'Elohim' is a plural name but He said said he is ONE. Jesus Christ confirmed that 'God' is one, however revealed in the Holy Bible as the Triune God- The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.
The acronym 'God' therefore could not be a name like John, Joshua, Sarah etc (which are names of homosapien), but rather the 'class' reference to the Supreme Being who is one in essence and so united in Love (unlike homosapien) that there is no desire in the Father , Son or Holy Ghost to claim individuality.
God is ONE but revealed 'Himself' as The Father, The Word (who incarnated as the Son) and The Holy Ghost,(three persons) specifically in relation to the redemption of Mankind.

This explains the concept of the trinity vividly.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2012
Trinity - The mystery of the Godhead (Part 3).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LuRXCfnH7A
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
joe4christ:

THE SPIRIT OF D LORD IS LEADING ME 2 COMMENT ON THIS, AND I WILL! THE SCRIPTURE SAID WE WERE CREATED IN D IMAGE AND LIKENESS OF GOD RIGHT? AND DSAM BIBLE SAID WE ARE gods RIGHT? THAT MEANS WE POSSESS SOME ATTRIBUTE AND CHARRACTERISTICS OF GOD AS SMALL GODS RIGHT? THEN LET'S LUK AT WHAT WE ARE MADE UP OF! EVERY MAN IS MADE UP OF [BODY] {SOUL} AND (SPIRIT) WHICH QUALIFY YOU AS A 3in1, D 3 CAN NEVER SURVIVE WITHOUT EACH OTHER. SO IS THE GODHEAD!

I think we lost this brother to the world. cry
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by joe4christ(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

I think we lost this brother to the world. cry

Yea, you are right. You lost a brother from the circuit of religious dogmastism. Old things have psssed away, behold im new and happier... leaving above fear instilled by religious doctrines and falsehood.

Im done bro!
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
joe4christ:

Yea, you are right. You lost a brother from the circuit of religious dogmastism. Old things have psssed away, behold im new and happier... leaving above fear instilled by religious doctrines and falsehood.

Im done bro!

Can you clarify this for me: Did you really know the Lord or you were just being religious? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / David Ibiyeomie Reacts To Killings: The Blood Of Killed Christians Will Cry Out! / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.