Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (18820 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / The Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Backslider(m): 8:43am On Apr 07, 2008
@OLAADEGBU

First of all the thing you are doing here is good and it should be with men that has been converted or those with a docile heart.

As for me I believe in the TRINITY infact without it I dont know if we would ever as Christian be saved.

Jesus = God the Father= holy Ghost

Mathematical correct

1=1=1 they are Equal

yet

Jesus x God the Father x Holy Ghost = the trinity

1x1x1 = 1 The are one family called the Godhead

They are Love Embodiment.

They are Holy righteous and Humble

They are not bothered by space and time because they made space and time.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Backslider(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2008
The trinity are 3 distinct persons
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
@ Backslider,

May the Lord richly bless you and keep you in His grace in Jesus' name.  Thanks for the mathematical calculation that explains the Holy Trinity as the embodiment of love.  This reminds me of the calculation that leads to the that embodiment.

Make sure you scroll to the bottom and you will be glad you did.

1 x 8 + 1 = 9
12 x 8 + 2 = 98
123 x 8 + 3 = 987
1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876
12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765
123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654
1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543
12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432
123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111

9 x 9 + 7 = 88
98 x 9 + 6 = 888
987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

Brilliant , isn't it?

And look at this symmetry:

1 x 1 = 1
11 x 11 = 121
111 x 111 = 12321
1111 x 1111 = 1234321
11111 x 11111 = 123454321
111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
111111111 x 111111111=123456789 87654321

Now , take a look at this,

101%

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:

What Equals 100% ? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than
100%?

We have all been in situations where someone wants you to GIVE OVER
100%.

How about ACHIEVING 101%?

What equals 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help answer these
questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S TU V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

If:

H-A-R-D-W-O- R- K

8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%

And:

K-N-O-W-L-E- D-G-E

11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%

But:

A-T-T-I-TU-D-E                                             

1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%

THEN , look how far the love of God will take you:

L-O-V-E-O-F- G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+ 6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore , one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close , and Attitude will
Get you there; it's the Love of God that will put you over the top! wink

2 Corinthians 13:14 (King James Version)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen."

This is another clear reference to the Trinity of three separate Persons in the Godhead;

1.  The grace of Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father (John 1:17;1 John 5:7)
2.  The love of God the Father (John 3:16; 1Cor.13:1-13; Romans chapter 5 verse eight)
3.  The communion (fellowship) of the Holy Spirit (Phil.2:1;Rom.8:14-16)

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Good day brother, hope you are cool? I never knew that you have responded hence my coming late with this response.

I have indeed read your posts and I do appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to reply me with those questions, but I still feel that my answers will be of little or no use to you if you do not allow the author of the bible to open your eyes to the mysteries therein Deut.29:29.

What mystery are you referring to and why no serve me the so-called verse and we look at it together. I have served you facts showing that trinity was neither preached by OT prophets nor exist in the original manuscript but came into some bible as a result of later insertion.

I had earlier on in my posts challenged you to empty yourself of all your dogma, presuppositions, worldviews, pride and ideologies and sincerely ask your creator to reveal His Truth and Personality to you, it is only after then that His Words will make sense to you because they are spiritually discerned.

Brother, dont try deceiving me with that. I have shown no pride nor arrogance but gave you verses even from your bible supporting my claim that there is nothing called trinity and as we progress, I will be serving verses shoqing that Jesus is clearly different from God.

Nicodemus was a religious Jewish ruler who tried to use human reasoning to understand what Jesus meant by being born again in John 3:3-12

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?[/

Millions of religious adherents today still don't get it. They believe that they can only be born again by water baptism. Water was used figuratively and it means that we can only be born again by faith in the Word of God. 1Peter.1:23; Ephesians 5:26; James 1:18. The Holy Spirit then adopts us into the kingdom of God Romans 8:14-16;Galatians 4:5;Ephesians 1:5. It is only after this that we can be led by the Spirit of God into all Truth Romans 8:14-17

Remember, the emphasis is on faith in the Word of God as in John 1:29

How does the above relates to trinity?

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Brother, can you serve me where Jesus himself said that he came to die for you and resurrect after the third day. The account you gave is that of one of those that claimed to have been the real author of the four books. Lest I forget, we will know if really Jesus is the lamb of God and the above verse even showed that God is above Jesus.

Now apart from facts I gave to you on trinity, read the verses below:

Mark 10 v 18: Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone."

If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any sane person put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?

God is Good
Jesus is not good.
Therefore, God is above Jesus

Trinity doctrine doesn't have basic in either NT nor in OT. They depend on human interpretation to form up this doctrine.

The Jews also reject the trinity, in addition to the very first groups of Christianity such as the Ebonites, the Corinthians, the Basilidians, the Capocratians, and the Hypisistarians never know about trinity doctrine at all. The Arians, Paulicians and Goths also accepted Jesus (peace be upon him) as a prophet of God and against the trinity.

A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge notes that many say that the Trinity "is a corruption borrowed from the heathen religions, and engrafted on the Christian faith."

The Encyclopedia Americana comments: "Fourth century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching.

Romans 10:9-13

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

The above verse was said by Paul who never witnessed Jesus ministry and contradicted himself on his weay to damascus. I will appreciate it if you can give me that from Jesus' mouth because none of the gospellers witnessed his minstry but wrote based on hearsay.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Yes believeth in him in what way? He did not say that you should believe him as God or who who would die for you. In order for you to get to God, you must believe in the prophets he sent and he happened to me one of them.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

So if you trust Jesus as your Lord and Saviour as you would trust a parachute and repent from all known sin and fully turn to Jesus you will be transformed from the natural man to a spiritual man and then experience the mercy of God.

Brother, maybe you would serve me where he said that you should take him as your personal lord and saviour because none of your folks answered my question.

How could he be God when he is not all knowing?
How could he be God when he cried to the one that could save him (he couldnt save himself)?
Must God punish himself before he could be accepted by his creation?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Olaadegbu

Apart from the sayings/facts I served you, I will give you some verses from your book differentiating God from Jesus.

John 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

1 Corinthians 11:3: Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is YHWH [Jehovah or Yahweh]

Ephesians 1:3-Praise be to the God and[b] Father of our Lord Jesus Christ[/b], who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

1 Peter 1:3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Revelation 1:6 -Jesus has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

John 20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned[b] to the Father[/b]. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. (John 5:24)"

Did he send himself?

"So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. (John 8:28)"

READ this please:

John 14 v 28: "You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. (Matthew 10:39-41)"

"And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. "He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me." (Luke 10:15-16)"

Apart from the above verses showing that God is above Jesus, below are another verses showing that Jesus is not God as a result of his praying to him:\

Jesus worshiping his God:

Let us look at Luke 5:16 "And he (Jesus) withdrew himself into the wilderness and prayed to his God."

Matthew 26:39 "And going a little way forward, he (Jesus) fell upon his face, praying and saying 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.' "

Here in this verse we see two things:

(1) Jesus bowed down on his face and prayed in submission to his GOD in obedience.
(2) Jesus was begging his GOD to let the cup pass away from him.
Jesus did not have the power to will it for himself and make the cup pass away from Jesus. GOD had to do it for Jesus !.

Matthew 26:42 "Again, for the second time, he (Jesus) went off and prayed, saying: 'My Father, if it is not possible for this to pass away except I drink it, let your will take place.'"

Jesus begged his GOD to will what Jesus wanted to happen. Jesus couldn't will it by himself.

Matthew 26:44 "So leaving them, he (Jesus) went off and prayed for the third time, saying once more the same word."

Here we see that Jesus for the third time begged his GOD to will what Jesus wished for in Matthew 26:39 above.

Hebrew 5:7 "During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."

Here we see Jesus prayed to God be saved and God HEARD ( in any religious speech the HEARD means that the person has been answer with the prayer) him.

Happy reading and when you are through, get in touch, Islam is the only religion that guarantees salvation and no other religion will be accepted from you except Islam,

Peace.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
@olaadegbu
Why do you defend the 'Trinity' when the word 'Trinity' is not in the bible
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

@olaadegbu
Why do you defend the 'Trinity' when the word 'Trinity' is not in the bible

Show me where the word "Grandfather" is in the Bible and I will show you where trinity is in the scriptures.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Show me where the word "Grandfather" is in the Bible and I will show you where trinity is in the scriptures.
Dodging the issue.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by MCUsman(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2008
imhotep:

Dodging the issue.

It is said that Athanasius, the bishop who formulated this doctrine, confessed that the more he wrote on the matter, the less capable he was
of clearly expressing his thoughts regarding it

Looking at it from another angle, the Trinity designates God as being three separate entities -

the Father,

the Son and

the Holy Spirit.

If God is the Father and also the Son, He would then be the Father of Himself because He is His own Son. This is not exactly logical.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23, 2008
babs787:

@Olaadegbu
What mystery are you referring to and why no serve me the so-called verse and we look at it together. I have served you facts showing that trinity was neither preached by OT prophets nor exist in the original manuscript but came into some bible as a result of later insertion.

The word of God remains a mystery to the natural carnal unbelieving man but it becomes revelation to the spiritual man.  The difference between the believer and the unbeliever is that the unbeliever demands to see before he believes while the believer chooses to believe the Word of God first before he sees God's revealed truth.  When Jesus rose from the dead He only chose to reveal Himself to those who had already believed in Him before He died.  

Brother, don't try deceiving me with that. I have shown no pride nor arrogance but gave you verses even from your bible supporting my claim that there is nothing called trinity and as we progress, I will be serving verses shoqing that Jesus is clearly different from God.

What is true to you depends on what glassess you wear.  Your worldview will distort your understanding of the Bible, that was the reason I advised you to put your biases aside if you want the author of the Bible who is the Holy Spirit, to give you discernment if you sincerely want to know and do His Will.

How does the above relates to trinity?

In Jesus' own words He said that a natural man cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.  As Nicodemus a religious Jewish ruler could not fathom the spiritual birth except he got regenerated.  It is only after you become born the second time by believing the incorruptible word of God, mixing it with faith in your heart that the Holy Spirit will adopt you into the kingdom of God and then you will be able to discern the spiritual contents of the Word of God.

[quote][/quote]
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2008
The Trinity is a Christian doctrine, stating that God is one Being Who exists, simultaneously
and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

Since the 4th century, in both Eastern Christianity and Western Christianity, this doctrine has been stated as " three
persons in one God," all three of whom, as distinct and co-eternal persons, are of one indivisible Divine essence, a simple
being.

The doctrine also teaches that the Son himself has two distinct natures, one fully divine and the other fully human, united in a hypostatic union.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2008
babs787:

@Olaadegbu
Brother, can you serve me where Jesus himself said that he came to die for you and resurrect after the third day. The account you gave is that of one of those that claimed to have been the real author of the four books. Lest I forget, we will know if really Jesus is the lamb of God and the above verse even showed that God is above Jesus.

There is no point serving you with biblical references when you don't believe in the validity of the scriptures.  Do you sincerely believe the verses you quoted as truths?  If you really believe them as the truth then I will give you a few verses that proves that Jesus Christ is God.

The testimony of Jesus Christ Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:  John 8:56-59; compare with Exodus 3:5-6
Revelation 1:8,11,17-18; 2:8; 22:12,13; Isaiah 44:6

His authority over demons : Luke 4:33-36,41; Mark 5:1-20
Before the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ no one ever cast out any demon

His authority over nature: Mark 4:37-41;

His authority over death John 11:39-45; Luke 7:12-15

His authority over diseases Mark 7:33; 8:23; Matthews 9:2

His authority to forgive sins Mark 2:7,10-11

He was worshipped and He accepted it John 9:35-38; Hebrews 1:6;

He is the Creator John 1:1-3,14; Heb 1:8-10; Colosians 1:12-16; Gen 1:26

When you have read all these verses and you still have the appetite for more you will be served.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2008
@Olaadegbu

The word of God remains a mystery to the natural carnal unbelieving man but it becomes revelation to the spiritual man.  The difference between the believer and the unbeliever is that the unbeliever demands to see before he believes while the believer chooses to believe the Word of God first before he sees God's revealed truth.  When Jesus rose from the dead He only chose to reveal Himself to those who had already believed in Him before He died.  

How does the above relates to trinity brother?

Truth stands from falsehood. I have been serving you the truth with facts and verses from your bible and all you could tell me was that believer believes without seeing God!!
I asked you question in my response to your last post and even gave you verses where Jesus made us known that God sent him and I asked you there if Jesus actually sent him and how could he pray to himself and begged himself to save himself!!!

Your brother Backslider still hit the nail on the head that:

So if they are different, how come they are still equal?

What is true to you depends on what glassess you wear.  Your worldview will distort your understanding of the Bible, that was the reason I advised you to put your biases aside if you want the author of the Bible who is the Holy Spirit, to give you discernment if you sincerely want to know and do His Will.

Brother, this is not a matter of being biased but seeing the truth because he who sees the truth and accept does so for his own soul. A soul will not be held liable for another soul. Dont even try to mention the holy spirit as being the author of the bible as that would take us to another fresh thread and unveil what you seemed not to have been told all these while as a christian. Read through my last two posts again and you would see that I gave you facts showing that TRINITY  never existed in the bible nor preached thousands of years before Jesus by any of the OT prophets and my last post also contain verses differentiating Jesus from God and I expected you to give explanation to those verses: why Jesus begged himself not to die (more than two times), why he cried to himself on the cross, why he said that he was not good, why he said that someone sent him and that he couldnt do anything on his own, he judged as he received etc and when you honestly explain those glaring verses, then I will accept that Jesus is God.

In Jesus' own words He said that a natural man cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.  As Nicodemus a religious Jewish ruler could not fathom the spiritual birth except he got regenerated.  It is only after you become born the second time by believing the incorruptible word of God, mixing it with faith in your heart that the Holy Spirit will adopt you into the kingdom of God and then you will be able to discern the spiritual contents of the Word of God.

Brother, you keep telling me to believe yet you couldnt explain those verses and how trinity came about to me!! You have been preaching this doctrine times without number yet you couldnt explain it sad

1  If redemption through the blood of Christ, that one member of the Trinity, is all that is necessary for salvation, how are we to explain the many, many occasions in the Gospel that Jesus details the necessity of submitting directly to the One God - without ever mentioning the role of his (Jesus') redeeming blood?

2  Where, specifically, in the Gospel does Jesus mention the Trinity?

3  How could Jesus possibly have omitted to mention something of such extraordinary importance?

4 How could the authors of the four Gospels have made the same extraordinary omission?

(For no direct reference to the Trinity appears in any chapter or verse of any of the four Gospels.

There is no point serving you with biblical references when you don't believe in the validity of the scriptures.  Do you sincerely believe the verses you quoted as truths?  If you really believe them as the truth then I will give you a few verses that proves that Jesus Christ is God.

Brother, have I said here that I do not believe/disbelieve anything here. I have served you verses and I will sincerely appreciate if you explain those verses to me. Serve the verses and let us read together.

The testimony of Jesus Christ Himself as the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:  John 8:56-59; compare with Exodus 3:5-6
Revelation 1:8,11,17-18; 2:8; 22:12,13; Isaiah 44:6

"Four times the author identifies himself as John (1:1,4,9; 22:cool, In the third century, however, an African bishop named Dionysius compared the language, style and thought of the Apocalypse (Revelation) with that of the other writings of John and decided that the book could not been written by the apostle of John.    (From the NIV Bible Commentary, page 1922)"

Revelation 1:11 in the KJV has a reference to Alpha and Omega as applied to Jesus Christ. This title is absent in the RSV and the ancient texts (cf. Companion Bible note to the text). It appears only in the Receptus and hence the KJV.

Hence the original text which reads more or less as the RSV:

Revelation 1:11 11 saying, "Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Per'gamum and to Thyati'ra and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to La-odice'a." (RSV)

This text becomes in the KJV:

Revelation 1:11 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (KJV)

This insertion in the text is done specifically to support Trinitarianism and negate the intent of the rest of Revelation in this matter.

Revelation 1:8 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (KJV)

Revelation 1:17 and 2:8 do not contain the words Alpha and Omega. They use protos and eschatos which imply another concept in distinction to the Alpha and Omega.

His authority over demons : Luke 4:33-36,41; Mark 5:1-20
Before the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ no one ever cast out any demon.

How does that makes him God?

His authority over nature: Mark 4:37-41;

His authority over death John 11:39-45; Luke 7:12-15

His authority over diseases Mark 7:33; 8:23; Matthews 9:2

His authority to forgive sins Mark 2:7,10-11

He was worshipped and He accepted it John 9:35-38; Hebrews 1:6;

He is the Creator John 1:1-3,14; Heb 1:8-10; Colosians 1:12-16; Gen 1:26

When you are through with the above, please resd these verses showingthat hs miracles were not unique\:

Feeding hundreds with few loafs of bread:

"A man came from Baal Shalishah, bringing the man of God twenty loaves of barley bread baked from the first ripe grain, along with some heads of new grain. "Give it to the people to eat," Elisha said. "How can I set this before a hundred men?" his servant asked.  But Elisha answered, "Give it to the people to eat. For this is what the LORD says: 'They will eat and have some left over.' "  Then he set it before them, and they ate and had some left over, according to the word of the LORD.  (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 4:42-44)"

Bringing the dead back to life:

"Then he cried out to the LORD , "O LORD my God, have you brought tragedy also upon this widow I am staying with, by causing her son to die?"  Then he stretched himself out on the boy three times and cried to the LORD , "O LORD my God, let this boy's life return to him!"  The LORD heard Elijah's cry, and the boy's life returned to him, and he lived.   Elijah picked up the child and carried him down from the room into the house.   He gave him to his mother and said, "Look, your son is alive!"  (From the NIV Bible, 1 Kings 17:20-23)"

"But the child's mother said, "As surely as the LORD lives and as you live, I will not leave you." So he got up and followed her.   Gehazi went on ahead and laid the staff on the boy's face, but there was no sound or response. So Gehazi went back to meet Elisha and told him, "The boy has not awakened."  When Elisha reached the house, there was the boy lying dead on his couch.   He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to the LORD.  Then he got on the bed and lay upon the boy, mouth to mouth, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out upon him, the boy's body grew warm.  Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out upon him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.  Elisha summoned Gehazi and said, "Call the Shunammite." And he did. When she came, he said, "Take your son."  (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 4:30-36)"

Elisha also did what Jesus never did:

"Elisha died and was buried.
  Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring.  Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.    Hazael king of Aram oppressed Israel throughout the reign of Jehoahaz.  (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 13:20-22)"

Healing leprosy:

"Elisha sent a messenger to say to him, "Go, wash yourself seven times in the Jordan, and your flesh will be restored and you will be cleansed."  But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy.  Are not Abana and Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than any of the waters of Israel? Couldn't I wash in them and be cleansed?" So he turned and went off in a rage.  Naaman's servants went to him and said, "My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, 'Wash and be cleansed'!"   So he went down and dipped himself in the Jordan seven times, as the man of God had told him, and his flesh was restored and became clean like that of a young boy.   (From the NIV Bible, 2 Kings 5:10-14

When you have read all these verses and you still have the appetite for more you will be served.

Read my first two posts, this very last one and maybe do justice to those verses and questions asked therein and revert. Salvation can be found only in The Great Religion

Cheers.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Apr 24, 2008
babs787:

@Olaadegbu

1  If redemption through the blood of Christ, that one member of the Trinity, is all that is necessary for salvation, how are we to explain the many, many occasions in the Gospel that Jesus details the necessity of submitting directly to the One God - without ever mentioning the role of his (Jesus') redeeming blood?

Truth found specifically in the revelation of God in history written in the bible tells us that in the beginning of time God(Elohim, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit created heaven(space) and earth(matter)  in six literal days and rested on the seventh.  Elohim said let us(the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) make man (spirit, soul and body) in our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit)  image and after our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) likeness.  Genesis 1:1-27

Man was to have dominion over the earth and be God's representative on earth answerable to God but man sold his birthright to  satan by choosing to be independent of God by disobeying His commandment.  Gen. 2:16-17; 3:6-7;

Therefore, sin came into the world and along with it came curses, suffering, diseases and death, the earth has been groaning ever since. Rom.8:19-22.  Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no leg to stand on wink   Gen.3:9-19

God prophesied that He would come in the Person of His Son as the seed of the woman to bruise the head of the serpent and this came to pass when the Holy Spirit overshadowed the virgin Mary and the Holy thing that was conceived became the only begotten of the Father, called the Son of God.  Gen.3:15; Luke 1:35 John 1:1-3,14; Hebrews 1:6-8,14 

God is a God of justice and is a righteous God.  His Word says "the soul that sinneth shall die" He has also said that "the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it you upon the alter to make an atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul."  Leviticus 17:11

Since we all came from Adam and Eve, we have all inherited sin and hence suffering, disease and death, just as a child who inherited the HIV virus from its parents.   When the last Adam, Jesus Christ, The only begotten Son of God whom John the baptist testified that He was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world came to fulfil Isaiah 53:1-12;Psalm 22:1,14-18 He was the sacrifice that was killed for the atonement of our souls.  He died and rose the third day as He had said before His death when He said "destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up" He also told those who were looking for a sign that He would give them the sign of Jonah who spent three days and three nights in the belly of a fish.

By the death of Christ on the cross He satisfied God's justice of sin that should be punished by death and so if we believe on the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed and that has now been taken to heaven on the right hand side of the Father our sins would be forgiven and we would have passed from death to life.

2  Where, specifically, in the Gospel does Jesus mention the Trinity?

3  How could Jesus possibly have omitted to mention something of such extraordinary importance?

4 How could the authors of the four Gospels have made the same extraordinary omission?

(For no direct reference to the Trinity appears in any chapter or verse of any of the four Gospels.

If you can tell me where specifically in the whole bible the word "Grandfather" is then I would oblige you.

[quote][/quote]
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by samba123(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2008
@OLAADEGBU
Truth found specifically in the revelation of God in history written in the bible tells us that in the beginning of time God(Elohim, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) created heaven(space) and earth(matter) in six literal days and rested on the seventh. Elohim said let us(the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) make man (spirit, soul and body) in our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) image and after our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) likeness. Genesis 1:1-27

how could you say that Elohim is the father, son and holy spirit. even the Israel who's original word came from them they denie the existed of the son. and now you defined by your own word you should be specify for your definition. if you read the old testament. undecided
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2008
samba123:

@OLAADEGBU
how could you say that Elohim is the father, son and holy spirit. even the Israel who's original word came from them they denie the existed of the son. and now you defined by your own word you should be specify for your definition. if you read the old testament. undecided

It would be of an advantage to you if you can read and study that Word in Hebrew, see the quote below:

The word “GOD” in Genesis 1:1 means Elohim and in Hebrew language this is the plural of El (The Strong One). “Elohini’ (The Strong Ones) appear more than 2,700 times in the Old Testament and this plurality is seen in: “Let Us make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness”; “The LORD said ,  let US go down, and there confound their language” (Genesis 1:26; 3:22; 11:6,7; John 14:23; Psalm2:3).http://www.dclm.org/
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2008
@Oaadegbu

Hope you are cool? I notice that you keep avoiding my post and questions asked therein, particularly the verses differentiasting God from Jesus but never mind, I will still attend to your last post and I know that you have known the truth but trying to save your face cheesy.

Truth found specifically in the revelation of God in history written in the bible tells us that in the beginning of time God(Elohim, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) created heaven(space) and earth(matter) in six literal days and rested on the seventh.

Did you read my question at all? Your response above did not in any way answer my question.

Where did you see Father, Son and Holy Spirit creating heaven and earth together? Please I will be very grateful if you would show me the verse from your bible. God, Jesus nor the holy spirit did not say that God and holy spirit or what have you created heaven and earth together. Go to your book of Genesis, you would understand that Holy Spirit never created but served as God's active force. When God creates something, he did not need to go there but say 'be' and it would be.

We will still come to the issue of God resting on the seventh day shocked shocked

Elohim said let us(the Father, Son and Holy Spirit) make man (spirit, soul and body) in our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) image and after our(Father, Son and Holy Spirit) likeness. Genesis 1:1-27

What is the image of God and what is the likeness.
Genesis 1:26-27:
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Is there any human being like God? Adam, the first creation of Mankind and the one in Genesis 1:26-27 certainly isn't.

The likeness of God is not the physical appearance, but rather having the knowledge of Good and evil. This is clearly stated in the Bible:

"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. (Genesis 3:5)"

"Then the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet. (Exodus 7:1)"

"On that day the LORD will shield those who live in Jerusalem, so that the feeblest among them will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of the LORD going before them. (Zechariah 12:cool"

Jesus couldnt have been God because he was tempted and God cannot be tempted:

James 1
13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

Man was to have dominion over the earth and be God's representative on earth answerable to God but man sold his birthright to the satan by choosing to be independent of God by disobeying His commandment. Gen. 2:16-17; 3:6-7;

Meaning? Still has nothing to do with trinity.

Therefore, sin came into the world and along with it came curses, suffering, diseases and death, the earth has been groaning ever since. Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no leg to stand on Gen.3:9-19

I know that from your bible and it even the bible that puts the blame on Eve alone and cursed them for their sin but in my book, Adam learnt of his mistake and asked for forgiveness and God pardoned him unlike bible where they are still experinecing the curse placed on them despite the fact that Jesus came to die for the sin (so they day). The verse above has no relationship with trinity.

God prophesied that He would come in the Person of His Son as the seed of the woman to bruise the head of the serpent and this came to pass when the Holy Spirit overshadowed the virgin Mary and the Holy thing that was conceived became the only begotten of the Father, called the Son of God. Gen.3:15; Luke 1:35 John 1:1-3,14; Hebrews 1:6-8,14

Can you please show me the verse where God said that he would come in the form of a man and how can God be a man when Hebrew bible said that God cannot be man:

"God IS not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?" Numbers 23:19

"And also the Glory of Israel will not lie or have regret, for he IS not a man, that he should have regret." 1 Samuel 15:29

"I will not execute my burning anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim; for I am God and not a man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come in wrath." Hosea 11:9

I even read read in the bible that he that is born of a woman cannot be clean":

Job 25:4-6
4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
5 Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.
6 How much less man, that is a worm? and the son of man, which is a worm?

But funny enough, Jesus was born from a woman and he was called the 'son of man'

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:24
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born."

Mark 14:21
The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.

God is a God of justice and is a righteous God. His Word says "the soul that sinneth shall die" He has also said that "the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it you upon the alter to make an atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul." Leviticus 17:11

Brother, you gave me OT verse where trinity was never preached to support NT that came after it. The above verse did not in any way refer to Jesus as you may be thinking and if you care, we may shed more light on it and see who the verse referred to.

Since we all came from Adam and Eve, we have all inherited sin and hence suffering, disease and death, just as a child who inherited the HIV virus from its parents.

Where did Jesus say that and if you care to know, nobody inherited any sin and Jesus even made it plain that he didnt come for sacrifice but to preach to the lost soul and in one verse he told a man to keep the commandment if he must have eternal life and if there is anything called blood atonement, he would have told him different thing and if christians have inherited any sin, was Jesus a christian and why did he not come directly after Adam but thousands of years after prophets came and gone?

When the last Adam, Jesus Christ, The only begotten Son of God whom John the baptist testified that He was the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world came to fulfil Isaiah 53:1-12;Psalm 22:1,14-18

He didnt take anybody's sin away because he was not CRUCIFIED.

He was the sacrifice that was killed for the atonement of our souls.

Where did you see that brother, he didnt die for anybody sin. The soul that sinneth would die and no soul would be accountable for another's.

He died and rose the third day as He had said before His death when He said "destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up"

Where did you read that from? When was he crucified? Where was he crucified, outside Jerusalem or in Jerusalem? Did he fulfil the three days and three nights prophecy? Dint you read verses showing that he was never killed and that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much and when he prayed to God, God sent an angel to him to strenghten him, what do you think he strengthened him for? I t cou;dnt have been death (dont worry Jesus, it would be a slow, the death would be faster etc, God forbid)

He also told those who were looking for a sign that He would give them the sign of Jonah who spent three days and three nights in the belly of a fish.

Good. Did he fulfil the sign of Jonah and in what way was he like Jonah? If you really ponder on the sign of Jonah as given by Jesus, you would know that Jesus never DIED while going throug the ordeal.

By the death of Christ on the cross He satisfied God's justice of sin that should be punished by death and so if we believe on the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed and that has now been taken to heaven on the right hand side of the Father our sins would be forgiven and we would have passed from death to life.

No blood was shed because he was not killed nor crucified for your sins. How could he be God when he would sit at the right hand of God?

If you can tell me where specifically in the whole bible the word "Grandfather" is then I would oblige you.

Brother, why did Jesus not metion trinity that is having great importance attached to it and forming the bedrock of christianity and while did the four authors omit it?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2008
babs787:

@Oaadegbu

Hope you are cool? I notice that you keep avoiding my post and questions asked therein, particularly the verses differentiasting God from Jesus but never mind, I will still attend to your last post and I know that you have known the truth but trying to save your face cheesy.

I was tempted to reply to your endless questions but it dawned on me that it will make no sense trying to describe what the colour red looks like to a man born blind.  2 Cor.4:3,4;

Matthew 13:15-17

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

My prayer for you is that the Lord would give you a believing heart and a hearing ear to hear and believe the glorious gospel till the Daystar in your heart appears.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 02, 2008
My prayer for you is that the Lord would give you a believing heart and a hearing ear to hear and believe the glorious gospel till the Daystar in your heart appears.
Amen.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 8:26pm On May 02, 2008
@Olaadegbu:
I was tempted to reply to your endless questions but it dawned on me that it will make no sense trying to describe what the colour red looks like to a man born blind. 2 Cor.4:3,4;
But could easily mention that it is in the family of what is known as primary colors. But different from Orange, yellow, etc. But your failure to even try speaks volume. Maybe because there is no real answer. But if this is how you see God and Jesus, then there is a big problem in your understanding. Except you just don't know it. Afterall, Babs787 is right.

@Olowo Tee: You are still pushing the unpushable concept? Jawo kuro ni apon tio yo. Damila kanoo. lol.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2008
@Olaadegbu

I was tempted to reply to your endless questions but it dawned on me that it will make no sense trying to describe what the colour red looks like to a man born blind. 2 Cor.4:3,4;

Brother, stop decieving yourself. You know the truth but trying to deny the facts I have been serving you. You started thos thread on trinity and I have given you posts and verses from your bible to start with and ponder on but rather than go through your bible and read those verses again, you claimed that it would make no sense to me if you had answered me shocked. The verses I have been serving you are from your book and not my book so you should be in the best position to do justice to that. Besides, I gave you straight forward verses where Jesus said he would be going to his father and that his father is greater than him and also some verses where Jesus claimed that God sent him and if indeed God sent him, how could they be same because the verses showed that the one being sent is lesser to the one that sent him and he also claimed that he came to do his will meaning that he is under obligation to do what the one that sent him asked him to do, so he is in every way lesser to God. Read your bible again for more understanding. I was in your shoe before I realised the truth and it is never too late for you as well.

Matthew 13:15-17 (King James Version)

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Brother, enough of these. You can only tell that to one that is not used to the bible and not me. Read from the beginning of the verse and see who Jesus was referring to.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (King James Version)

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Our gospel shocked shocked. What Gospel is that, matthew, Mark, Luke, John or that of Jesus christ?

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

He mentioned Gospel of Jesus here but where is that Gospel but I could only laid my hands on that of mathew, Mark,Luke and John.

You are even giving me the saying of a person that contradicted himself and happened to go against Jesus' teaching.

Brother, the earlier you accept Islam, the better for you. You yourself know that all I have been giving you are from your book and not mine and if you care to know, I was a christian like you and that is the more reason I am preaching to you now so that you would be saved because I have tasted your religion, being born into it etc and found nothing therein because never knew what christianity is all about but was started by pagans years after his demise.

Stay blessed.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 03, 2008
olabowale:

@Olaadegbu: But could easily mention that it is in the family of what is known as primary colors. But different from Orange, yellow, etc. But your failure to even try speaks volume. Maybe because there is no real answer. But if this is how you see God and Jesus, then there is a big problem in your understanding. Except you just don't know it. Afterall, Babs787 is right.
@Olowo Tee: You are still pushing the unpushable concept? Jawo kuro ni apon tio yo. Damila kanoo. lol.

Olabowale, you never cease to amaze me the way you tactically avoid answering certain questions on this forum. Oftentimes, you don't go straight to the point. I guess it's because you don't have the right answers!! If I were you, I'd take time to read through all these posts by Olaadegbu, etc than to keep making aimless points tongue. And if only you could give JESUS a chance in your life. . . . i bet you, things would turn around for your good. cheesy. Pls, do remember that there is life after death, Make Jesus your hope and you'll never regret it. Let Christ be your Lord and Saviour today.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Frizy(m): 8:52pm On May 03, 2008
Why do some people keep deceiving themselves?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2008
@Olowo tee: You provide a cleaver rebuttal. Except that it is conningly wrong. I responded to the failure of Olaadedegbu, directly. But I remember that you carry the water more than all of them, in a way that is subtle. Regardless of how you package a product, the quality of the product is not the packaging.

Finally, since has a Lord, whom he prayed to, and according to the bible refused to accept that prayer, I will pray to that Lord directly. And I will have my hope in Him, alone. I will not doubt Him in the time of my trials. I will not cry silently or aloud about any forsaken or even pray that I do not die. My condition of living will end with death. I pray that I am rewarded for my steadfastness. lol. Olowo tee, you are very funny. The haha type.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 05, 2008
It's interesting reading through your post Olabowale, I never knew you speak in parables too! But the truth remains that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all one, (Trinity). This we believe and practise whether you like am or you no like am, But I pray God to enlighten your paths.

Eni a ba bawi, Olorun Oba jeko gbo ooo. Amin.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 12:43pm On May 05, 2008
Olowo Tee: The eni abawi adage applies to you, directly. I already put my complete trust in One God: The Creator and Lord of all creations: heavens and all, the Angels, Jinns and mankind, paradise and hellfire, Adam and his wife; Eve, and their Children, etc.

Aburo, you know where am going with this, sisi? While you begin to acknowledge the lordship of God from Abraham, and his progenies, I have to give you what its known as throw back. God's Lordship did not begin from Abraham, the ancient iraqi man. He was neither a Jew nor Christian (ethnically or in religion). But a true believr in One God, the Mighty God Lord Himself, capable of doing all things. But will not do things that do not befit His Majesty; like eating, sleeping, wary, dieing, begging, being born or fathering by ancensor or decensor respectively.

I worship the God Lord that every prophet worship. I worship the One that Mu/ha/mmad, Jesus, Moses, Ibrahim, etc worshipped. He never dies nor can He be overtaken by any thing. Everything is a subject to Him. The devil can not tempt Him. He is beyond all things. He gives order to all things. So he knows when a Fig tree should bear fruit!

Olowo tee, I enjoy this dialogue. You fall into the pattern that allows me to express myself.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 05, 2008
I quite understand part of your Religious doctrine & stances, but the most important area where you guys got it all wrong is on the Sonship of Jesus Christ. You fail to recognise Him as the Son of God!!(And without which, you cannot have access to GOD nor be redeemed from sins!He is the Author and the Finisher of our Faith.) Moreso, you do give the Bible a literal interpretation, hence your shallow understanding of it. One thing you must comprehend is that God is a Spirit, and He expects us to worship Him in Truth and In Spirit. Jesus Christ is that Truth, through whom we get closer to God, He is our Mediator and our Redemption! While the Spirit refers to the Holy SPirit.  Actually, When you look at it literally, it's not possible for someone to be the Father and Son at the same time, but in the Spiritual realm and power, God chose to have it so, and who are we to question His Authority? His understanding is beyond mere human comprehension. Oftentimes in the Scriptures, God refered to Jesus as His only Begotten Son, Even at the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus was exalted above all (Moses, Elijah etc).

It is well, I'll suggest you read the Bible prayerfully and ask God to open your eyes to see beyond YOU. and to understand His ways.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 3:32pm On May 05, 2008
Olowo tee: I think you and me can really have a matured conversation, together. You remind me of the S U people in the days: Think that they know it all, but in actuality they miss the mark, from the coreperspective.

I quite understand part of your Great Religious doctrine & stances, but the most important area where you guys got it all wrong is on the Sonship of Jesus Christ. You fail to recognise Him as the Son of God!!(And without which, you cannot have access to GOD nor be redeemed from sins!He is the Author and the Finisher of our Faith.)
All of your assumption of sonship is based on a virgin girl having a child without a husband. While this method of creation simple difficult for you to swallow, compare it to the creation of Adam. A creation of a creature that there was no prior example before it. But that creature, Adam was created fully grown. Capable of eating, and all that grown ups do.

He did not need any mother, yet his heart longed for a companion. God had designed his heart to want a mate. So God created from a piece of his body a mate, having the same nature, but a different genter. Exactly what makes his heart happy. And it is from these two countless people are made. I do not want to bore you with the fact that the two could be considered as brother and sister, and they could be considered as father and daughter as well, using today's understanding of relationship.

But what is very interesting is their children marrying from among their siblings. Bringing about children who are cousins. While the cousins marry from among their own pool of cousins. Today if father copulate with daughter, it is an abomination. And yet in some cousins still marry one another. But it is not impossible that if people were the ones remaining on earth, and they happened to be male and female and could still produce children, but a blood related, should they allow mankind to perish?

Considering them to be in their mid twenties for example? After the immediate shock, they should settle down to reality of the new condition; they are now the Adam and eve to populate the earth. God who is capable to bring about these many ways of creation of man, you are saying that in the creation of Jesus, He has to sleep with Mary, otherwise, you should know that what you have said about fathering Jesus is a complete fallacy. If God did not have sex with Mary, but just commanded the bringing about of the birth of Jesus in a fatherless process, then Jesus can not be son of God.

I will not even go to the point of telling you that God's prophets starting from Adam and all the way to John the baptist and his father Zachariah, none ever spoke about any real son of God to come. I have many people who call me father and some people that i call my children. The reality is that i am not their father nor any of them my child. Even Barack Obama calls Rev. Wright his spiritual father. But we know who is father was; a long gone Kenyan!

Moreso, you do give the Bible a literal interpretation, hence your shallow understanding of it. One thing you must comprehend is that God is a Spirit, and He expects us to worship Him in Truth and In Spirit.
Thank God Almighty who has allowed you to mention that he should be worshipped not i spirit alone. But Jesus, while on this earth never at one time claimed that he was the exclusive son of God; begotten or otherwise. I submit to you that it was those who wrote the Bible who are making unfounded claims about jesus and God.

It does not make sense, considering there were many prophets from Adam and before Jesus who did wonderful work, yet never claimed sonship. Moses instructed that a people touched a dead man with some part of a slaughtered cow. The man woke up after it, to tell them who killed him. With ordinary stick inMoses hand, a kingdom and her king reduced to a mere shadow of her former self. Moses spoke to God without any intermediary and often. I can go on and on. Ibrahim is called by God His personal friend. And through Noah mankind was destroyed and mankind was recostituted at the same time.

Through Adam, woman was formed so that the process of procreation is brought about to reality. And through Adam, the true nature of the devil was revealed. And it was Adam that God commanded the Angels to prostrate to, in obedience to Him, so that the Jinn nature could begin to unravel. None of these noble prophet told us that there will be a songod coming because God needed to provide a gruesome closing process for full blanket forgiveness. Yet He had created hellfire!

Jesus Christ is the Truth, through whom we get closer to God, He is our Mediator and our Redemption!
Bingo! We in Is/lam does not need a Mediator and any Redemption through anybody. Instead we have our direct relationship with God Almighty, who is capable at all times to forgive and reward.While you need Jesus I do not need anyone. I gusee my position as a slave is even stronger in good experience with my Master than you woho claims to be a child. You are like the child who is ever ignored, while I am the slave who is always cared for.

Finally, the truth about jesus started when he began his ministry. Thats when the truth about Moses ended. If any person who heard about Jesus during his ministry (all of them except the few that accepted and followed Jesus) refused to follow him, instead stuck with Moses without Jesus, then he had rejected Moses along with Jesus. In reality he did not follow either of them.

But Jesus truth as you understood it, ended up with the beginning of the prophethood/ministry/messengership of Mu/ha/mmad. For those who rejected him, in reality rejected Jesus as well. Jesus was just the truth, as a prophet for those short centuaries; less than six in all.

White the Spirit refers to the Holy SPirit.
Whats the spirit name? Let me help you out here. If I am in Lagos now, and I came to your neighborhood, I must ask for Olowo tee. Not just woman. So whats the spirit name? Obviously, it is not holy ghost. That will be disingenous. It is not Jesus or Emmanuel, becuase you have indicated that that is son and spirit is not seen. And they saw son. It is father because thats the Supreme (lol at you). You call the Supreme Yahweh like the Jews. You call the Supreme Jehovah and say alleluiyah like (who call Him that, the Jews also?

Am setting you up for a big fall in your gimmick). What the spirit name? Am sure if I yell holy spirit, he will not answer me. If I were in the time of jesus and i yell Jesus (Esau), he will turn to my direction to see who called him. But God should have been able to know who called him, not just trying to know who called him. Another proof that jesus can never be any part of One God, but instead His messenger. Whats holy ghost proper name? You don't know it.

Glory belong to you, Oh Supreme God. There is none like You. You created Angel Gabreil, who You called by many names. (Ya Mu/slim I went to suratul Kahf on her about how many were in the cave. The answer was in the Q/ur'a/n but not clear for those who are not paying attention as they read it).

Actually, When you look at it literally, it's not possible for someone to be the Father and Son at the same time,
We in /Islam/ do not see anything impossible for Him to do. But God said in the Qu/r'an that it does not befit the majesty of god to have a son. HHe said everythin comes to Him as a slave, servant, creation. Then in Chapter 112 of the Q/ur'a/n, He says that he is not begotten, nor begets any. He is unlike anything. Everything depends on Him and he does not depend on anything.

We see that you have acclamated God with animalistc/human values. Buty there are somethings that i have that god will never have: Children, parents wife. There are still that I do which do not fit the Quality of God; eating, weary, not knowing th future. Finally there are somethings which will happen to me that will never happen to God: death, getting old, crying, begging, etc. (I beg you know!).

but in the Spiritual realm and power, God chose to have it so, and who are we to question His Authority? His understanding is beyond mere human comprehension. Oftentimes in the Scriptures, God refered to Jesus as His only Begotten Son, Even at the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus was exalted above all (Moses, Elijah etc).
Your talking about spiritual realm and power is in the same vain like the way the hindus talk about it. You have three gods, they have many more. both of you know that there is a single Supreme God. But you choose to have associates for Him. To call a mere prophet to his people, who were very good in medicine and magic (Kabala) at his time God is pure blasphemy. To call Angel Gabreil also God (as in holy spirit; remember i asked for his proper name? And I have also said you will never be able to provide me with one), is another example of subtle disbelief in the purest form.

Finally, show me in your man made "word of God," where God Almighty says to any prophet that He will come on earth or that he is 1 of 3 or that He divides Himself up at will. Please show me. You as i have said take the cake, trying hard to give me the impression of meekness. And at the sametime talking about begotten son! Where is begottn son and how is he begotten? To beget, mans sire. You sire by coupulation. That did not happen. Commandment of God, yes. So everyone is. I am a word of God. I would never ave happened if God did not give His word and command!

Mount of transformation, you said? He was exalted above you said? To be exalted, somebody must exalt that one who is exalted, in the exaltation. Lol. Who exalted Jesus there? Give us the story and your own twist. Oh, you can use the twist of your pastor, or the biblical scholars or combination of both, etc. It will not change the truth. Truth stands out from and against errors. Yet truth will definitely overcome and victorious.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 3:33pm On May 05, 2008
You see why i left Olaadegbu alone, without paying him any mind?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Backslider(m): 9:56am On May 06, 2008
@olaadegbu

Like lord sent a false spirit to deceive the king in the OT.

The false spirit is now being worshipped. The people will believe only lies from hell.

This is the days false worship of the great snake.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 1:49pm On May 06, 2008
@Backslider: ?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by babs787(m): 8:22pm On May 06, 2008
@Backslider

Which do we believe from you because it seems you are supporting trinity but said in your post that they are three distict person:

Hope you are not contradicting yourself or confused?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? / Bishop Oyedepo: 'I Won't Stop Cursing Killers & Sponsors, Upload It On YouTube' / 3 Reasons We Need Jesus In Our Marriages And Our Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 251
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.