Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (18812 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / The Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by barondavil(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2009
, So this additional information from my last post shows how John1:1 should be understood.Jesus,the Word,is a 'god'inn the sense that that he has a high position but is not the same as Almighty God.If you are not sure what the bible writer John was really saying about the relationship between Jesus and God you could turn to another bible writer for more explanation since the bible does not contradite itself.Consider what was written by Matthew,for example.Regarding the end,he quotes Jesus as saying: 'Concerning that day and hour nobody knows,neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son,but only the Father'(Matt24:36)How do this words confirm that Jesus is not Almighty God?Jesus says that the Father knows more than the Son does.If Jesus were part of Almighty God,however,he would know the same fact as his Father.So,then,the Son and Father cannot be equal.Yet some will say; 'Jesus had two natures.Here he speaks as a man'.But even he that were so,what about the holy spirit?That place said its not aware
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13am On Jun 12, 2009
Let us see what John 1:1 says:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

This verse is so powerful that it dispels all your erroneous views. We can see that the Word was in the beginning and He was with the Father and that He was and is God. It was when the Word that was in the beginning stepped out of eternity and stepped into time and took residency in the womb of Mary that He became a Son (verse 14). So you can see that He has always been in the beginning with God the Father before He emptied Himself of His glory and took up humanity. He limited Himself in that He did not take up His full glory as God but became a limited human being for the purpose of our salvation (Philipians 2:5-11). So we can say that the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God.

The divine Godhead was at work here. The Father sent Him. "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son" (John 3:16). He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and "that holy thing" was called the Son of God (Luke 1:35).
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36am On Jun 12, 2009
For those who are mathematically inclined

Checkout the mysteries of Pi and e (the Natural log and) Euler's identity

e i pi + 1 = 0 (Euler's number or Euler's identity)

These are five constants that symbolizes the four major branches of classical mathematics, which was discovered by the devout Christian Euler.

[list]
[li]1.  Arithmetic is represented by 1 and 0;[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]2.  Algebra is represented by i[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]3.  Geometry is represented by Pi[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]4.  Analysis is represented by e[/li]
[/list]

It connects the five most important constants in mathematics (e, P[i]i[/i], i, 0 and 1) along with three of the most important mathematical operations (addition, multiplication and exponentiation).

e has been discovered in the Bible in a rather unusual way.  The Greek alphabet has a number corresponding to each letter of its alphabet.  If you take the first verse from John 1:1 in the New Testament, in its original Greek; 

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and then calculate using this formula:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the product of the words;

You will end up with:

= 2.7183 x 1065

e correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

Pi is also found in the Bible in a rather unusual way.  The Hebrew alphabet also has a number corresponding to each letter in its alphabet.

If you take the first sentence of Genesis 1:1 in its original Hebrew:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" =  "Beresheet bara Elohim, et ha-Shamayim et ha-Eretz." 

and calculate:

The number of letters x the product of the letters divided by the number of words x the products of the words

= 3.1416 x 1017

= Pi correct to 4 decimal places.

e i Pi + 1 = 0

i
was proposed in the 1600's as an imaginary number and is defined as the square root of -1.  It was proposed to help solve equations like x2+1=0
Today[i] i[/i], though originally proposed as an imaginary number to solve algebraic problems, is very useful in science and engineering for solving "real world" problems.

That Pi would be found to combine with the number e, and with the number i, to produce such elegant equation is like discovering that three broken pieces of pottery, each made in different countries, could be fitted together to make a perfect sphere.  The finding strongly argues for a overarching "Intelligent Design" to mathematics from God.

To further discover that P[i]i[/i] can be found in Genesis 1:1, and e can be found in John 1:1 is like finding that the potter of this "perfect sphere" of mathematics signed His name and is none other than our Lord Jesus Christ !!!  I am just left wondering if Jesus hid i, the square root of -1, in the Bible somewhere.  Maybe in John 3:16 wink

Euler is considered among the greatest Mathematicians of all time.  He was a fervent Christian who defended the Christian faith against many notorious Atheists of his day, such as Voltaire.  Among his many accomplishments in higher mathematics, Euler also discovered the "most famous formula" in all of mathematics: 

e iP[i]i [/i] + 1 = 0  This formula is called Euler's Number or Euler's Identity.

Euler's number has been called "the most famous of all formulas."

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=c7d9831470f883b65e3d
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by barondavil(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2009
I really appreciate your method of reasoning and your indebt knowledge in scriptures.I have questions to ask you concerning the word being in beginning.Since your study of the scriptures,have you ever read that God has a beginning?If christ is the same as Almighty God why is it the Father whom he shares the nature know more than him(Matt24:36)which reads in part concerning that day or hour nobody knows not even the angels nor the Son but only the Father.Please i will you answer my questions serialy
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by barondavil(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2009
According to Matt 15:9 said we should not teach the commands of me as doctrine.Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus is the first born of all creation and Proverbs 8:22 affirms the fact that Jesus was created.So if Jesus was created,how can he be equal to his creator?Jesus never considered himself equal to his Father no wonder at John14:28 he told his disciples that the Father is greater than he is.If Jesus had said this things,who are we to say otherwise?In my next quote we will consider the account of 1CORINTHIANS15:21-28
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2009
barondavil:

I really appreciate your method of reasoning and your indebt knowledge in scriptures.I have questions to ask you concerning the word being in beginning.Since your study of the scriptures,have you ever read that God has a beginning?If christ is the same as Almighty God why is it the Father whom he shares the nature know more than him(Matt24:36)which reads in part concerning that day or hour nobody knows not even the angels nor the Son but only the Father.Please i will you answer my questions serialy

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting". -- Micah 5:2

Here is a passage that helped the magi to trace Jesus to Bethlehem when they came to inquire from king Herod, and the last phrase in the verse above shows that Jesus Christ was preexistent.  He was incarnated in Bethlehem but was preexistent from before time began.  In His incarnated form He did not assume all of His glory in heaven as He was limited, which was His choice to empty Himself of the glory He shared with the Father and to humble Himself as a Son so as to make us to become sons and daughters of God.  On occasions He, especially during His earthly ministry assumed the glory of God just as was at the mount of transfiguration where He appeared in glory but soon changed back to His human form.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2009
barondavil:

According to Matt 15:9 said we should not teach the commands of me as doctrine.

Let us see another instance where the Godhead expressed themselves here on earth in Matthew 3:16,17 "And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

Can you identify who the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is in this eyewitness account?  Do you still hold on to the idea that the doctrine of the Godhead is the doctrine of men?  Unless you have Islamic and or occultic backgrounds you should clearly see the unity of the Godhead as explained in this thread so far.

barondavil:

Colossians 1:15 tells us that Jesus is the first born of all creation and Proverbs 8:22 affirms the fact that Jesus was created.So if Jesus was created,how can he be equal to his creator?Jesus never considered himself equal to his Father no wonder at John14:28 he told his disciples that the Father is greater than he is.If Jesus had said this things,who are we to say otherwise?In my next quote we will consider the account of 1CORINTHIANS15:21-28

As explained earlier, Jesus Christ was begotten not created.  The term first born there was used as in the firstborn of Mary as in His human incarnation and not in His deity.  It means the firstborn in the family.  It also means the firstborn in God's family.  He is the only begotten Son of the Father, all others who believe and receive Him as their personal Saviour and Lord then gets adopted into the family of God, Jesus being the first born, that is, His conception in humanity was by the Holy Spirit as opposed to our being created by God through Adam, the first man.  The Sonship of Christ refers to His humanity and not to His deity as He was preexistant from everlasting as we have seen in Micah 5:2.

With the explanation above it is clear that Jesus Christ is the first born of every creature or of all creation and the first born of many brethren (Jn.1:14,18; 3:16,18; 1John 4:9; Ps.2:7; Acts 13:33; Heb.1:5; 5:5) These brethren were begotten by men not by God, we only get into God's family by adoption (Rom.8:14-16; Gal.4:5-6; Eph.1:5).  The church is the called out people of the One who is the firstborn (Heb.12:23).  Adam, Eve and angels were created and not begotten of the Father of lights. (Luke 3:38; Gen.6:1-4; Job 1:6; 38:4-7).
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by barondavil(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2009
Why are you avoiding answering my question?I asked if Jesus as you claim is part of Almighty God why is it he does not know what the Father knows (Matt24:36)We should not in any way try to teach what is unscriptural.Pro 8:22 Jesus said that Jehovah produced him as the beginning of his ways the earliest of his achievements of long ago.Revelation 3:14 says And to the angel of the congregation in Laodicea write:These are the things that the Amen says the faithful and true witness the beginning of the creation by God and what exactly can you make out of in the bible book of 1Corinthians 8:5,6 and 1Peter1:3 clearly Trinity is not scriptural but the philosophy of men.Please this is an open thread we want to tell them the truth on this subject and take the warnings of Matthew 18:6 to heart
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47am On Jun 13, 2009
barondavil:

Why are you avoiding answering my question?I asked if Jesus as you claim is part of Almighty God why is it he does not know what the Father knows (Matt24:36)We should not in any way try to teach what is unscriptural.Pro 8:22 Jesus said that Jehovah produced him as the beginning of his ways the earliest of his achievements of long ago.Revelation 3:14 says And to the angel of the congregation in Laodicea write:These are the things that the Amen says the faithful and true witness the beginning of the creation by God and what exactly can you make out of in the bible book of 1Corinthians 8:5,6 and 1Peter1:3 clearly Trinity is not scriptural but the philosophy of men.Please this is an open thread we want to tell them the truth on this subject and take the warnings of Matthew 18:6 to heart

If after giving all these scriptural references and explanation you still don't get it then I should assume that it is either that you have been blinded by the god of this world or you have deliberately chosen to turn a blind eye to the answers given to your questions. If you read my submission without any bias especially without Islamic or cultic glasses you would have grasped the answers to your questions. If you are a muslim say so and let me give you analogies from your Islamic books.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by olabowale(m): 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
Ogbeni Olaadegbu, bawo?
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by barondavil(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2009
Is that how you reason?Is that how you try to intimidate others by trying to call them names Islamics and cultics?Islamics have more hope than you who claim to be a christian because they believe in existence of only one supreme Being- JEHOVAH.1 CORINTHIANS 8:5,6 reads "FOR EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE CALLED 'gods',WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH,JUST AS THERE ARE MANY 'gods'AND MANY 'lords'.THERE IS ACTUALLY TO US ONE GOD THE FATHER OUT OF Whom all this things are and we for Him and there is ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST through whom all things are and we through him"l really foot want to argue again but i am leaving you the warnings of Matthew18:6 'But whoever stumbles one of this little ones who put faith in me,its better 4 that person to hang around his neck a milestone & thrown into the sea'l am not really suprised Bible prophecies must be fulfilled 1Tim4:1 and 2Tim4:4.But the question still remains WHY MUST THEPROPHECY BEFULFILLED ON YOU?This is my last Quote on this thread.LETHIM THATHas ears listen
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Jun 14, 2009
barondavil:

Is that how you reason?Is that how you try to intimidate others by trying to call them names Islamics and cultics?Islamics have more hope than you who claim to be a christian because they believe in existence of only one supreme Being- JEHOVAH.1 CORINTHIANS 8:5,6 reads "FOR EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE CALLED 'gods',WHETHER IN HEAVEN OR ON EARTH,JUST AS THERE ARE MANY 'gods'AND MANY 'lords'.THERE IS ACTUALLY TO US ONE GOD THE FATHER OUT OF Whom all this things are and we for Him and there is ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST through whom all things are and we through him"l really foot want to argue again but i am leaving you the warnings of Matthew18:6 'But whoever stumbles one of this little ones who put faith in me,its better 4 that person to hang around his neck a milestone & thrown into the sea'l am not really suprised Bible prophecies must be fulfilled 1Tim4:1 and 2Tim4:4.But the question still remains WHY MUST THEPROPHECY BEFULFILLED ON YOU?This is my last Quote on this thread.LETHIM THATHas ears listen

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37am On Jun 14, 2009
olabowale:

Ogbeni Olaadegbu, bawo?

La'afia kala o Mallam Olabowale,

I knew you will fall for that bait hook, line and stinker tongue  Let me entertain you with an analogy from the Muslim world that describes the Holy Trinity.

When you celebrate Abraham's sacrifice of his son, which you erroneously thought was Ishmael you have what is called the principle of 'kubani' forgive me if I did not spell it right you also call it id'el ata or something like that, where the sacrifice is done in three parts:

[list]
[li]For oneself[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]For friends and family[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]For the poor[/li]
[/list]
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19am On Jun 14, 2009
The Godhead is a great mystery which is clearly beyond the finite mind of the unsaved natural man (I Corinthians 2:14). The believer accepts the gospel truth of the Trinity by faith, recognising that God remains the eternal repository of all mysteries (Deuteronomy 29:29); that with respect to His being or essence, God is one; with respect to His personality, God is three; and the essence must neither be divided nor the persons confused. In spite of the great mystery surrounding it, the doctrine of the Godhead has always proved to be eminently rich in spiritual and practical values. And for all those willing, the Lord Jesus Christ promises the advent of a blissful reign by the Godhead (John 14:23; Revelation 3:20).
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2009
"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." -- Psalm 45:6-7

Believers who have received the report of the Lord can help me out here,

[list]
[li]Who is speaking here? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To whom? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Who is referred to here as God with a capital "G"?[/li]
[/list]

The discerning believers who have accepted the gospel truth of the Trinity by faith should endeavour to make an attempt to answer the questions above.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
You have this from the Qur'an: in Surah 66:12; 21:91

". . . . We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a Sign for all peoples"

Do you notice the "We" and "Our" in the verse above is in the plural?  I know that muslim apologists such as olabowale, have been trying to explain this away by the use of their altaqiyya that it talks of "king talk" which they find difficult to support even in the Yoruba adage says "Enikan ki i nje awade"
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Jun 16, 2009
barondavil:

, So this additional information from my last post shows how John1:1 should be understood.Jesus,the Word,is a 'god'[/b]inn the sense that that he has a high position but is not the same as Almighty God.

This understanding of yours makes me to conclude that you belong to one of the herectical sects such as the [b]JW's,
who go on to spread their damnable heresies to devastating effect.

Consider the biblical verses below:

"For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten theeAnd again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son? And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship Him." -- Hebrews 1:5-6

And

"And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God" -- John 20:28

With the verses above, can you sincerely say that Jesus is not God and if you say yes then:

Why would God the Father tell His angels to worship Jesus?  I believe you are aware that it is only God that we are commanded to worship.

Why did Thomas call Jesus "My Lord and my God" and Jesus did not rebuke Him for calling just a man or angel (as you have been taught) God?

Answer these questions if not here but in your heart and come to the conviction of the truth that will make you free from all the erroneous fallacies that has been projected from the pit of hell.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49am On Jun 17, 2009
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.-- Matthew 28:19,20

This is Jesus here recognising other members of the Godhead as well as Himself, commissioning His disciples to preach the gospel and to baptise by the authority of all three Persons.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.  Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." -- Psalm 45:6-7

Believers who have received the report of the Lord can help me out here,

[list]
[li]Who is speaking here? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To whom? [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Who is referred to here as God with a capital "G"?[/li]
[/list]

The discerning believers who have accepted the gospel truth of the Trinity by faith should endeavour to make an attempt to answer the questions above.

Let us read from a theologian who is also a scientist (Henry Morris, Ph.D.).

"All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad." (Psalm 45:cool

Psalm 45 is one of the Messianic psalms, quoted as such in Hebrews 1:8-9.  The section so quoted (vv. 6-7), which immediately precedes our text, begins with one Person of the Godhead addressing the Messiah also as "God," whose throne is eternal.  Then, He says, "Oh God, . . . thy God hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows."  The "oil of gladness" was the holy oil used for the anointing of priests and kings and was compounded of a mixture of spices which included myrrh and cassia (Exodus 30:22-25).  Since the Messiah had been anointed to be "above his fellows" (first as High Priest, then as King of kings), "all his garments" would bear the sweet aroma of the holy ointment.

At the birth of Christ, His garments were "swaddling clothes," and the gifts of the eastern wise men included a supply of myrrh and frankincense (Luke 2:7; Matthew 2:11).  At His death, they gave Him to drink "wine mingled with myrrh |and| . . . parted his garments" (Mark 15:23-24).  Then once again His body was wrapped in linen clothes and anointed with myrrh and aloes (John 19:39-40) for His burial.

The psalmist sees Christ (i.e., "Messiah," both Greek and Hebrew titles meaning "the Anointed One"wink emerging triumphantly from the "ivory palaces."  These mansions with their ivory walls and pearly gates are of shimmering white beauty in the distant heavenly city which will someday descend to earth (Revelation 21:2, 10-21).

The Lord descended once from these ivory palaces to take on human flesh in Mary's womb, thence to a burial in Joseph's tomb.  But someday He will again come forth, anointed as eternal King, and then "shall the people praise thee for ever and ever" (Psalm 45:17). HMM
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by emmyjp: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2009
behold i show you a mystery
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2009
"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23)

The verse above shows that Jesus was God in human form.

A simple analogy of how Jesus was God in human form is as follows;

If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block of cheese), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews, Muslims, pagans and atheists rejected Him, they rejected the Father also.  He who is of God hears God's Words.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2009
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool. -- Psalm 110:1

With this verse you can see that David was ahead of some OT prophets because the mystery of the Godhead was revealed to Him. It does not only show the Deity of Christ but His place in the Godhead. See the link below and read how a former Muslim did an expository study on the verse above.

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/psalm110_1.htm
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by Jesarmy(f): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God.John1:1

And the Word was made flesh,and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.John 1:14
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:51am On Jul 08, 2009
Jesarmy:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,and the Word was God.John1:1

And the Word was made flesh,and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.John 1:14

God bless you my sister. These verses reveal Christ as the Word who was pre-existent with the Father and the Holy Spirit who all make up the Divine Trinity (Godhead).
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by wackhack(m): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2009
I feel like contributing something here but i'm afraid to digress this forum into another face to wilt i withdraw from. But i just have a question for everyone. My question is this, WHY HAS IT BEEN SO HARD FOR THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL TO BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL? IS IT BECAUSE OF THE GOD WE PRESENTED TO THEM IN TRINITY WHICH DOESN'T HAVE BIBLICAL FOUNDATION OR WHAT? OR IS IT BECAUSE OF DEUTERONOMY(6v4) THAT SAYS '"HEAR, O ISRAEL: THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD'' IF THESE WERE NOT THE REASON WHY THEN? PLEASE I NEED AN ANSWER TO THESE QUESTION.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2009
Read this link and find out how God has gradually revealed His nature to mankind right from the Old Testament to the New. Those who refuse to see it will have to give an account to Moses and the prophets ane the Apostles who received the divine revelation of God's nature

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t002.html
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by wackhack(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
Thanks for that but nonetheless that link DOESN'T answer my question rather it CREATED more room for more question. I will only ask the rest of the question when the Formal is answer properly. Looking forward to your answer
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
You will realise that cults like the JWs ("Jehovah's Witnesses"wink argue that Jesus was "made" of the seed of David (that Jesus was a god "created" by Jehovah to die for our sins), barondavil even went as far as pointing to Proverbs 8:22 for justification.  But they are ignorant of the fact that the Bible was there speaking of "wisdom" (vs.12).

They also may refer to John 14:28 in which Jesus said, "I go to the Father: for my Father is greater than I," but they fail to show why Jesus said the Father was greater: "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, . . . that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man" Heb.2:9.  In Rom.1:3, the word used to refer to the incarnation "made" is ginomai, which means "assembled."  A body was prepared for God to manifest Himself in the flesh: "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1Tim.3:16).
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
wackhack:

I feel like contributing something here but i'm afraid to digress this forum into another face to wilt i withdraw from. But i just have a question for everyone. My question is this, WHY HAS IT BEEN SO HARD FOR THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL TO BELIEVE IN THE GOSPEL? IS IT BECAUSE OF THE GOD WE PRESENTED TO THEM IN TRINITY WHICH DOESN'T HAVE BIBLICAL FOUNDATION OR WHAT? OR IS IT BECAUSE OF DEUTERONOMY(6v4) THAT SAYS '"HEAR, O ISRAEL: THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD'' IF THESE WERE NOT THE REASON WHY THEN? PLEASE I NEED AN ANSWER TO THESE QUESTION.

@wackhack,

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.  For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.  Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?  For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.  For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness." -- 1 Corinthians 1:18-23

Imagine for a moment that you are standing on the sea shore gazing at a large ocean liner.  The sun is shining.  There is no wind and the sea is calm.  To your amazement, about thirty people suddenly dive off the end of the ship and cling to a lifeboat.  You shake your head in disbelief at their foolishness.  Then without warning, the great ocean liner strikes an iceberg and suddenly sinks, taking all on board with it.  Those who looked like fools in abandoning the ship were actually wise, and those who seemed wise by staying on board were, in truth, fools.

The world scoffs at those who abandon the ship of this world and cling to the lifeboat of the Saviour.  But Christians know that this great pleasure cruiser will eventually come into contact with the immovable iceberg of the Law of God, which will then sink into hell taking all those on board with it, be they Jews or Gentiles.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
The Trinity at work in redemption.

"In every major phase of the redemption, each Person of the Godhead is directly involved.  Their involvement in each successive phase may be set out as follows:

[list]
[li]Incarnation.  The Father incarnated the Son in the womb of Mary by the Holy Spirit. (Lk.1:35).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Baptism in the Jordan River.  The Spirit descended on the Son, and the Father spoke His approval from heaven (Matt.3:14-17).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Public ministry.  The Father anointed the Son with the Spirit (Acts 10:38).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The crucifixion.  Jesus offered Himself to the Father through the Spirit (Heb.9:14).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The resurrection.  The Father resurrected the Son by the Spirit (Acts 2:32; Rom.1:4).[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]Pentecost.  From the Father the Son received the Spirit, whom He then poured out on His disciples (Acts 2:33).[/li]
[/list]

Each Person of the Godhead -- and I mean this reverently -- was jealous to be included in the process of redeeming humanity."  -- Derek Prince, Atonement
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2009
This is to answer objections and oppositions from cults and false religions that plague this thread and board against both the deity of Christ Jesus and the doctrine of the Godhead otherwise known as the doctrine of Trinity.

Objection 1: Misconceptions of who Jesus as the Son of God is:

Some claim that because Jesus is the Son of God.  He must be a lesser God than God the Father.  Among the ancients, however, an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" is "one who has the same nature as."  Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7).  He is thus not a lesser God.

Objection 2:  The Father Is "Greater" Than Jesus:

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God.  Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30).  He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11).  Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.

Objection 3. Jesus Is the Firstborn:

Some cults argue that because Jesus is the "firstborn of creation" (Colosians 1:15), He is a created being and hence cannot be truly God. Biblically, however, Christ was not created but is the Creator (Colosians 1:16; John 1:3). The term firstborn, defined biblically, means Christ is "the first in rank" and "pre-eminent" over the creation He brought into being.
Re: How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2009
Objection 4.  Jesus Is Not All-Knowing:

Some cults argue that because Jesus said no one knows the day or hour of His return except the Father (Mark 13:32), Jesus must not be all-knowing and hence must not be truly God.  In response, Jesus in the Gospels sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity (Philipians 2:5-11).  Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour.  Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17).

Objection 5.  Jesus Prayed:

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father, He could not truly be God.  Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father.  Since Christ came as a man -- and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.  Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father.  But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

Objection 6.  The Trinity Is Illogical:

Some cults claim the Trinity is illogical ("three in one"wink.  In response, the Trinity does not entail three gods in one God, or three persons in one person.  Such claims would be nonsensical.  There is nothing contradictory, however, in affirming three persons in one God (or three whos in one what).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rev. Fr. Timothy Ngwuta Released On Bail / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.