Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. (34561 Views)

Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs / Latest Social Media Manager/ Personal Business Hybrid /work From Home ) Jobs / FG Raise Fed Workers Salary From 58k To 80k ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by tobtap: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

He is software developer.
I'm also a software developer and I have two jobs which are both remote. Both companies are in Lagos while I am in Abuja trying to secure another one with a company in the USA through their Nigerian partner who are training us. Though one of the two companies are kinda shaking but I am still their employee.
Bottom line is for you to learn any IT related skills as it's the new gold mine.
am in IT as well.... cloud computing and network related skills with basic python ... any remote jobs for the mentioned skills? kindly share
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by hardbody: 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

I am a bit confused right now. I have two remote jobs currently, they both pay me 200k and 150k salary respectively. These two companies have been existing for over 3 years so they have built up structure that one could trust a little over time...

I recently applied for another full-time job, it's a startup that is just moving from ideation phase to implementation. And they are offering me 650k salary a month even though I told them my salary expectation is 500k a month. I will be working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely.

I am enticed by this new salary and at the same time, my current jobs have built structure that I can trust.

Not to even mention that I occupy a very important position in these two companies: though not a big deal.

Please i am just confused... Just finanlized everything with the company’s management team.. I am meant to resume next two weeks.

I was in this same situation several years ago. It was a toss between the Bank and a Telco. My friend who I trusted much said I should look at two things. The Telco recruited me principally because I was coming from a bank and the other bank also recruited me because I was coming from another bank. The structures of the Telco had not been tested and indeed the Telco offered higher. I went to the bank and about a year later, that Telco went down. I was to leave the bank later for one of the big three Telcos in the country but then I was moving to a coy with strong and resilient structure and consistency coupled with proof of longevity at least over a period of time. New challenges are good alongside better pay but before you make that move, satisfy yourself that the new company will have the sustaining power to remain in business over a reasonable period of time. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by shegz24(m): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Follow the bag.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by GboyegaD(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
cococandy:
It’s always a red flag when a company offers more than you asked for and/or worth.

Don't you think he might just have the quality they've been looking for.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by CryptoClub2018: 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:

Very helpful, thanks so much...

Go for the start-up. Since you have the required skill that no one can take away from you, if the start-up starts going down, you can easily get another job. Life is a risk. What if the start-up grows beyond your initial expectations? Your one year salary with the 2 remote jobs is approximately 6 month salary with the start-up. You will have enough money to aquire more skills and learn news things from a start-up. You also have the opportunity of been a member of the top management in the feature so long the company grows

3 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by franklingud(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
DissTroy:

Please! Very predictable reply. You think you have a monopoly of the bible? Just copy and paste predictable replies by typical Christians who are nothing more than echo boxes for what their Daddies-in-the-Lord said.

He has a brain. Jesus and God and anything Christian-related are nothing more than his moral compass to steer him away if the businesses are crimes or morally wrong.

Even Jesus did not to to pray for everything. He didn't need to pray when he asked Peter to "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar" or when the temple became a market or calling out the Pharisees for being hypocritical or analyzing why it is hypocritical to stone the prostitûte when you yourself commit sins just as grave.

See why you shouldn't invest yourself in understanding the bible and theological history yourself instead listening to your manipulative 'my daddy-in-the-Lord said"?

Think! God gave you a brain -use it. If you have to call God for every little thing you are nothing more than a humanoid with limited programming.
grin grin grin
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Powersurge: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

I am a bit confused right now. I have two remote jobs currently, they both pay me 200k and 150k salary respectively. These two companies have been existing for over 3 years so they have built up structure that one could trust a little over time...

I recently applied for another full-time job, it's a startup that is just moving from ideation phase to implementation. And they are offering me 650k salary a month even though I told them my salary expectation is 500k a month. I will be working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely.

I am enticed by this new salary and at the same time, my current jobs have built structure that I can trust.

Not to even mention that I occupy a very important position in these two companies: though not a big deal.

Please i am just confused... Just finanlized everything with the company’s management team.. I am meant to resume next two weeks.

It's a dicey situation. Startups are dicey. They usually ask for more than one could afford to give. But better pay is very essential at times like this.

Since you have 2 days remote (referring to d startup), try to keep one of your existing remote job for now. It's gonna be challenging but keep it for two or three months to see how things are going with this startup.

I guess the job is IT? which specific area?

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by ahaika23: 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
What is the possibility of taking the new job without having to resign from the other two?

Is the new job a remote working job too? If yes, I’d say you take it and manage the first month. You may decide to use this time you accept the new job to take a paid leave from the other two. Maybe you can tell better during the first few weeks of doing the new job on what permanent decision to make.

Bottom line, don’t lose what you have based on promises.

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by alfred007(m): 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Yes you're confused but in the end it's still you decision.

My advice: do what makes u happy

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

What tech field are you into sir?
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Corroro: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
One job to pay 650k is really a good catch, for me, I'll jump in it it being optimistic it will last it's time.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Hightser: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
When Nigerians hear salary, they will start asking your skills, after that everyone will go and rest until the next question with huge salary pops up and they start asking again.

They are never ready to put in the work, IT is not your mate, you could spend six months learning and you won't see 1 naira.

All they want is a get rich quick scheme, someone is even asking how fast he could learn any IT skill.

I volunteered to teach some people UX design skills last time here, some people came live on my zoom and were asking me if I'm the teacher, like I looked too young to teach you what you don't know.

8 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Egein(m): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
amazingsalon:
My piece of advice for you is seek God and put Him first in all you do.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Abeg get out.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Carmal90(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hightser:
When Nigerians hear salary, they will start asking your skills, after that everyone will go and rest until the next question with huge salary pops up and they start asking again.

They are never ready to put in the work, IT is not your mate, you could spend six months learning and you won't see 1 naira.

All they want is a get rich quick scheme, someone is even asking how fast he could learn any IT skill.

I volunteered to teach some people UX design skills last time here, some people came live on my zoom and we're asking me if I'm the teacher, like I looked too young to teach you what you don't know.

Hello
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by tctrills: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

You want us to make career choices for you?
We can't even offer you good advice because we don't know you or any of the above organizations.
Discuss this with people that know you better, understanding your interest and talents. People you trust.
Not every matter should be displayed on public forums
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by deltateam: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

You are not a serious individual. Why will you finalize plans with a company when you still have doubts.

You should have sought advice before finalization. Now you are going to disappoint any of them now.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by cococandy(f): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
GboyegaD:

Don't you think he might just have the quality they've been looking for.
Then they’d give him what he asked for.
Best case scenario.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by einsteine(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Why did you apply in the first place if you know it would be a tough decision? I really don't get what the issue is. If you applied, it is probably because the remote jobs were not enough for you.

2 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Opexzy: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
[s][/s]

This one is a hungry liar

He is indirectly marketing his website where he offers training because gullible dummies will rush thinking that's how easy it is in real life grin

This guy is a hungry marketer I bet his shoes are so worn you can smell the atheletes foot fungi
s between his toes.
When last do you all think this bum saw 50k alert? grin

LOL... I am not here for you.. Sensible people have talked... Why bother myself with people like you...

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by stevedeey(m): 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
If the hybrid is in Lagos, I'd recommend you stick to remote... For me it's Remote, remote and remote. Ever since I tasted this, God's willing I can't trade it for any hybrid or full-time
on-site job . My friend's 1.5m per month's job is being done inside the four walls of his room. Omo it's not easy to think about backlogs/ deliverables inside traffic.

2 Likes

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by NoFucksToGive: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:

LOL... I am not here for you.. Sensible people have talked... Why bother myself with people like you...

Have a nice day.

You are a petty hungry thief and a scammer

Go and advertise your website that offers 20k lectures and stop with the fake stories here

Grow up

Hungry man

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by kenny714433(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nwaotu10:

That's exactly my resolution. The only limitation here is pc. I need one badly. You mind helping out?

Hello Nwaotu, I bought a pc specially get an IT skill. I've added some courses in my cart on Udemy. What remained was someone to guide me on what and where to start from. I intended going for Cyber security course. Can we talk more about this plz?
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Tobedated:

which is better learning cs in school or learn IT skills elsewhere
This is your best bet

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Jidegaf(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Op just pray about it.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Fidelarinze9(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

He is software developer.
I'm also a software developer and I have two jobs which are both remote. Both companies are in Lagos while I am in Abuja trying to secure another one with a company in the USA through their Nigerian partner who are training us. Though one of the two companies are kinda shaking but I am still their employee.
Bottom line is for you to learn any IT related skills as it's the new gold mine.

Please what IT skill can you recommend to someone to acquire, and any information on how and where?

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by SarutobiEky(m): 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

It doesn't really matter the gender of the individual. What matters most is the area he/she is very good at. Which comes as a result of "deep self searching" (if I can use the phrase). But most ladies that I know are UI/UX designers and Frontend developers. Probably because these two areas requires little or no Logic/Arithmetics.
Generally, if you are naturally creative and good with graphics, I will suggest UI/UX design.
But you really need to do some facts finding and maybe try each area.
So these are the popular areas as long as web applications development is concerned:
1. UI/UX designer
2. Frontend developer
3. Backend developer
4. DevOps

There are others, but these are the popular areas any serious company must have imo.
I'm a Frontend/Backend developer with some DevOps skills as well because I can host apps on the cloud. I have basic knowledge of UI UX design but I am not good with graphics so I didn't go further.

Finally, I also train and mentor SERIOUS newbies at an affordable fee.
Check my personal website on my signature below.

Hopefully all I have said made some sense.
affordable fee is how much boss sad

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

You are a petty hungry thief and a scammer

Go and advertise your website that offers 20k lectures and stop with the fake stories here

Grow up

Hungry man
Hope you know IT jobs are the new Gold mines now?
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Clash01: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

You really need to think this through. You need to consult from ifa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lecturers Will Never Tell You This In The University / Mainstreet Bank Graduate Interview / 50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.