Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

Should I Collect Money From The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Collect Money From The Church? (696 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / 19 Manipulative Tactics Nigerian Pastors Use To Collect Money By Aroms Aigbehi / Reinhard Bonnke: "We Don’t Collect Offering At Our Crusades" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Omoluabiii(m): 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2021
hello Guys, theres something that has been bothering me... Is it good to collect money when you play instrument for church.
And if you say its bad, what are your reasons.
I really need an advice because, i am in the shoes of getting paid in a church but am confused.
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by RealLordZeus(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you can afford it, dont take it but if you are in need, there's no sin.... abc

1 Like

Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Mariangeles(f): 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
A labourer deserve his wages.
If you want to get paid or do it for free, it is up to you. Either way, there's no wrong.

Is it that you're considering to ask to get paid or they're offering to pay you?

1 Like

Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Bola146(f): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you are my sibling, I'll tell you to do it for free. I have friends doing it for free, most of people I know are doing it for free. Just be asking what you want from God. 2 guys blowing trumpets in my church now are in overseas, they went through a connection when one of our visitors was impressed about our instrumentalists actions. The two were picked because they were the only ones doing it for free since years. God that sees you will surely reward you.
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bola146:
I have friends doing it for free, most of people I know are doing it for free
shut your crap...free ko free nI. ...Remember the bible said a mans talent will bring him before kings...collect your money then pay your offering that's all
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Bola146(f): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
IgweBUIKE1:
shut your crap...free ko free nI. ...Remember the bible said a mans talent will bring him before kings...collect your money then pay your offering that's all

Judas, say that to your boss the devil. Mumu
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by jenny005: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
u are playing to the Glory of GOD so allow HIM to bless u instead of man

2 Likes

Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Bola146:

Judas, say that to your boss the devil. Mumu
okies but you re just been religion here...all these do it for God that is always one sided...wetin the church don do for the members...make them do am for God too. .make we celebrate them
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Bola146(f): 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2021
IgweBUIKE1:
okies but you re just been religion here...all these do it for God that is always one sided...wetin the church don do for the members...make them do am for God too. .make we celebrate them

It God decides on that. I can't judge.
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by duro4chang(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Please do it for free.
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Omoluabiii(m): 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2021
Mariangeles:
A labourer deserve his wages.
If you want to get paid or do it for free, it is up to you. Either way, there's no wrong.

Is it that you're considering to ask to get paid or they're offering to pay you?

i am considering to ask to get paid,,,
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Omoluabiii:
hello Guys, theres something that has been bothering me... Is it good to collect money when you play instrument for church.
I really need an advice because, i am in the shoes of getting paid in a church but am confused.
It is good because even Jesus said'a labourer deserves his wages'. So playing instrument is your job and you deserve the money
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
Omoluabiii:
If the money is gotten from the pockets of those in the congregation then by extension, you are a thief ... Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 9 and John 10 vs 1 - 16. lipsrsealed

God said all those who fleece, kill and destroy His sheep are not of Him. Jesus Christ restated this judgement of God's. undecided

If a job is what you want, go get it somewhere where you will not be adding sins curse to your head.. undecided
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:07am On Nov 27, 2021
Omoluabiii:

If collection of tithes is part of the practices in your Church then you can learn something from this:

And I perceived that the portions of the Levites had not been given them: for the Levites and the singers, that did the work, were fled every one to his field. Nehemiah 13:10

According to the above scripture singers and instrumentalists in the temple are part of those living on the tithe, so if you're not paid then you're robbing yourself because you're entitled to it! smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Uyi168: 1:16am On Nov 27, 2021
jenny005:
u are playing to the Glory of GOD so allow HIM to bless u instead of man
It's only when it gets to members' turn, that we start hearing you are doing it for God.. whereas pastors and daddy GO be cashing out on a stead..

@op, abeg, dey collect your money.
Re: Should I Collect Money From The Church? by Mariangeles(f): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Omoluabiii:

i am considering to ask to get paid,,,

Then, go ahead. There’s nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church Members, Adamant As Their Pastor Begged Them To Bring Money To The Altar / How The Fall Of Adam Affected The Day And Night / Video OF Little Girl Going Under Spiritual Influence Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.