Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) (45265 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole Bowed Down For Saraki (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Emmanuel Macron On 6-Month Internship In Nigeria (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by omoteacher(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
sad

True talk Prof.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Benrosaria(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
EBMedia:
Anambra Governor-Elect, Charles Chukwuma Soludo emphasized the value of education as he shared a throwback photo of himself during his university days on his Facebook page, IgbereTV reports.

He said that education released him from what would have become a generational trap in the dynasty of poverty, and turned his life around.

He captioned the photo;

https://www.facebook.com/103104878681389/posts/191905696467973/

Soludo you just have to be stupid. Really you thought Education raised you from generational poverty??, if everyone was educated trust me you won’t be off generational poverty. Money is made from the ignorance of another man. So if another man don’t read you are sure to make money from his ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Raymond0008(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
Very right. If you want to escape poverty, then get educated.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
you got it
Taitoto:
When education was still the key
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Jig5aw(f): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Taitoto:
Education is still the Key. Education is not just passing exam.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
confirm!
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by beautyfunke(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
I pity that state
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by amdoyin82(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.
Aje! You are making points

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Switpal(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
H
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
confirm!
Heyyyy:
That was then, the narrative don change
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by snoopz: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
"this two" Is that the exact statement from soludo? Or na the reporter use this*
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by salt1: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
My story too. Father was a butcher, Mama selling fish. Education changed the story of their child who has now travelled to three continents.
One reason why I feel sad about the collapse of public schools. A child like me wouldn't have gotten to where I am

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seyz91(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
undecided
Topmaike007:
it is still the key but with connection bro
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by SmartPolician: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

There was nobody that went to the varsity in his time that is struggling. The problem is that the privileged nonentities didn't pass what they enjoyed to the younger generation (us)

7 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Gravity56: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seguno2: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Taitoto:

It is still the key, otherwise he won’t have a chance to be governor.
You should be concerned that Soludo makes education key for every Anambra child in free primary and secondary schools. Not so
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by mrkings84(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
Tho education looks like it has list its value, but truth be told, education is still key, it opens ones mind to the various opportunities. The only bad thing is when people have to wait until they are employed B4 making ends meet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by pickatyoubackup: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
A note to take home for the school na scam crew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
dicksonadams:
So sad that this no longer the case, education alone can not rescue an average poor background Nigeria your from poor.

Sir your generation enjoyed a better Nigeria with better opportunities , with great benefit... Only to let this generate down by creating a terrible Nigsria for the current generation to struggle in.
your second paragraph sums it all. Soludo and all their generation closed the door of success through education for younger generation,

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Thank you bro. The last time he was bragging he became a professor in his 30s and bla bla bla. I said same that there are many excellent Nigerians even far better than him. Its grace like you said.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Lamasta(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
I believe you Prof.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by wamide042(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Taitoto:
It’s still the key bro but you need to oil the key.

If you don’t get it, forget about it.��
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Raalsalghul: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

I don't understand what you mean "na by grace".

He's went to the university at a time in Nigeria when you were 90% sure to get a job after schooling, unlike now.

He was favored by that time period.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by stawarts(m): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
But you can't become CBN governor with having the require education background.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Eriokanmi: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
This man bin dey brag anyhow. Na only you go school? Na apga wey give you ticket I go blame. Dem for allow you run under ZLP. I hope you'd not mess up that office which had taken the likes of Obi and Obiano years to build
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by SmartPolician: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Warldbest:
Nah CBN money rescue you from poverty.
Anyways my able governor wink

You cannot blame him. Professor Soludo was an outstanding professor of Economics who made a first class. The truth is, if you are good at what you do, it won't take long before grace locates you.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by snoopz: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
Education then was hotcake, you could study whatever you wanted to study and be happy and there was employment waiting for graduates then. not now where University and jamb go change your destiny naso person wey dey aspire and perspire to study law or medicine go end up with foil cake available tomorrow, you can start rushing me with orders...
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Telekinetic: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
I swear down!
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by wunmi590(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021

Honestly, getting educated is really good, no matter how wealthy you are, you still need education....

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by obonujoker(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Trash...

I only worked 1 year with education even with my MSc certificate... Its street ever since...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident: Governor Yahaya Bello On Crutches At The Presidential Villa. Photos / Princess Oyenike Oyedele Roberts Contesting For President Of Nigeria (Photos) / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.