Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,288 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) (45267 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole Bowed Down For Saraki (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Emmanuel Macron On 6-Month Internship In Nigeria (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by engrglover(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
And how did he become a CBN governor?
Open your mouth and spill rubbish
Tueh!!!!
Warldbest:
Nah CBN money rescue you from poverty.
Anyways my able governor wink

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Pyhonist: 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.

Education actually saved him then, but these days, you need more than the conventional education that saved Soludo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by VULCAN(m): 6:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
What's pitiful is that most of the responses here show that the typical Nigerian limits education to mean a certificate you are given after many years of academic schooling.

What a shame!
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by spencekat(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Education coupled with God's grace
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Raph82(m): 6:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
No be only those who go school dey succeed in life or get to the top. Buhari go school? How many certificate the stack illiterate get? Abacha go school before he rule Nigeria? See, whoever has been destined to be great in life will surely be great no matter what. Education is just a catalyst to catapult u to ur destination in time.

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Bmaster(m): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
NwaNimo1:
That was then.......this is now!

[img]https://c./RTkKKlJOWaMAAAAd/chop-ibu.gif[/img]

...A Nigerian education almost guarantee's poverty!
You and this meme every now and then.

If i am Mr.Ibu,you'll start paying me some doffs for it

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
The ugly unemployment statistics of Nigeria has been highlighted by the number of applications from higher degree and first degree holders who sought employment as drivers in Dangote group. The staggering figure stands at 13,000.

Of the 13,000 applications received by the Dangote Group for the Graduate Executive Truck Driver, there were six Ph.D, 704 Masters and over 8,460 Bachelor degree holders.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/6-ph-d-704-masters-holders-among-applicants-for-drivers-job-in-dangote/

Mbok the story has changed.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Basicend: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.

No mind am. . we get enough first calls here now we no even get job self. .

Na grace and mercy o bro.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Metrofox(m): 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
lots of ignorant people here cannot differentiate between getting a degree and education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by SimplePlan34: 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ogbeni u are the fifth generation. Deuteronomy 5:9
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Metrofox:
lots of ignorant people here cannot differentiate between getting a degree and education

Whether degree or education, if it is today, it is a different story. We have jobless PhD holders that are soundly educated with degrees and gnashing for help.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nackzy: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sir you were just lucky to be born during that time, then companies will go hunting for graduates to employ, today with your PhD they will tell you we will get back to you
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by aribisala0(m): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Which one is poverty?
Do poor people have gates?
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by tydi(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
Our incoming governor we welcome you wholeheartedly. Make us proud and chase all iPob urchins and mmukpuru mmili dealers away so we save our youths from this menace China brought in to us in disguise of coming to install 5G in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by AsomughaChuks05: 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
It's like Soludo is what is moving market for nairaland these days cheesy
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by crackhouse(m): 6:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oga forget stories go and do your work as governor, even Jonathan talk the same thing
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by EmmyCC: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Education, grace and brains rescued him. He graduated with a first class and as the best graduating student in UNN that year don't you think that must have helped him climb the ladder?
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by rickyrex(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
bro if you know how people value education then you will know that in as much as Grace is added hard work and determination is also needed. Community gathered money then to sponsor an individual whom they see potential in him. Unlike today where intelligent people are been abandoned for mediocracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by EmmyCC: 6:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Soludo is an example of school no be scam.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Focusmind: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Na so Jonathan start. Please Prof., make you perform abeg. Leave all these stories.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by goodheart01: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

No bro. That was when education was significant IN Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by discusant: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
EBMedia:
Anambra Governor-Elect, Charles Chukwuma Soludo emphasized the value of education as he shared a throwback photo of himself during his university days on his Facebook page, IgbereTV reports.

He said that education released him from what would have become a generational trap in the dynasty of poverty, and turned his life around.

He captioned the photo;

https://www.facebook.com/103104878681389/posts/191905696467973/

But mediocrity has become a proud trade mark of a region in Nigeria; in that region, education and trade are not encouraged.
Taking control of sharing revenues from resources and businesses in the south at the central government is the main preoccupation of the group.
Members of the group only aspire to continue to have grips over Nigeria and its political process through the skewed and lopsided political structure created by military dictators from the group between 1967-1996.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by discusant: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Even though some people believe education may no longer be the key but with the level of illetracy accompanied senseless killings, religious stupidity and all capital vices in the North I will always rate education as a bedrock or basis for a would-be functional society

But they have successfully exported the north’s senseless killings to the south.

People who place no value in education can’t place value in human life.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
As at then it was, you only had to go through the four walls of a school, grade didn't matter much
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Bigheart042(m): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:
Education is key

The padlock has been changed
Education is no longer the key to success..
What really matters know is "who do u know"...
Infect!... read to hell,no body care again.
Be wise!
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
I agree with you...

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Bigheart042(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Raymond0008:
Very right. If you want to escape poverty, then get educated.

This people sound as if there are no first class graduate that still drive Keke...
Oga or aboki...if u don't know anybody in Nigeria..that know who
Forget about it
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Bigheart042(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
Raymond0008:
Very right. If you want to escape poverty, then get educated.

This people sound as if there are no first class graduate that still drive Keke...
Oga or aboki...if u don't know anybody in Nigeria..that know who
Forget about it[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Bassey007(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2021
EBMedia:
Anambra Governor-Elect, Charles Chukwuma Soludo emphasized the value of education as he shared a throwback photo of himself during his university days on his Facebook page, IgbereTV reports.

He said that education released him from what would have become a generational trap in the dynasty of poverty, and turned his life around.

He captioned the photo;

https://www.facebook.com/103104878681389/posts/191905696467973/
Educational certificate in Nigeria has been reduced to tissue paper..... Nigeria must Rise again
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by slimjohn2k5: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
To an extent he is right but these days education not get levels
Microsoft, Amazon etc no longer employ graduate but go learn the job and come n work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufa Opens Mudassir & Brothers Department Store In Kaduna (photos / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Jamil Abubakar Denies Endorsing Deborah's Murder, Threatens Legal Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.