Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) (45263 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole Bowed Down For Saraki (Throwback Photo) / Ganduje Giving Kwankwaso A Ride On A Bike In 1981 (Throwback Photo) / Emmanuel Macron On 6-Month Internship In Nigeria (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by redcliff: 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.

person tell you something you wey sabi him life pass am say na lie. tell me which person back in those days that was bright and went to school and is not somebody today? you think its the useless present day you find yourself?

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Herbephe1(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:
Education is key

you're right but they've changed the padlock
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by rollywise(m): 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
That was when education still made sense
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by just2endowed: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Oga, na Grace rescue you.... no be education cos no be you go school pass or no be you know book pass.

Bro if you were born during his time in the 60s and you went to School of up to a degree, my brother the government at that time will be paying you big.

Then, Nigeria pollution was just 45 million while UK population was 50 millions, the resources then can be said to be evenly distributed and Nigeria was capable of feeding his population 3 times a day.

Fast word to present day Nigeria , if you get PhD self in this naija, na suffer go hook you if you want to copy the 60s.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by toujurs: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Taitoto:
When education was still the key
So right, but now even with your 2:1 you might end up begging a drug peddler for food to eat
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by afamaustin(m): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Na God do it for u sir,we HV many professors around Nigeria that are not leaving fine
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by lkillbrokehoes: 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
That was then not now
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by JJBROS(m): 7:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Bros Soludo thank OBJ for your rescue from destruction not Education

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by fineboynl(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
The panel should have waited after this administration come to an end. That report is something to get start afresh again
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by franchasng: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Don't mind the talkative.

He is beginning to irritate me.

Was he the only one that graduated from UNN that year? He should go and check some of his mates are still struggling with life.

He should just shut up and thank his God for grace and mercy. Education was not the reason he is where he is today, it is his destiny and God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by PlanktonX: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

If Mr. Soludo knows how many Nigerians are catering 2 Masters degree with PhD about without a job that measure up to those qualifications.

When grace start working, let's learn to give all the glory to God.

He only, lifts up and cast down. God please remember me too, and let your grace pour on me too.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by franchasng: 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
redcliff:

person tell you something you wey sabi him life pass am say na lie. tell me which person back in those days that was bright and went to school and is not somebody today? you think its the useless present day you find yourself?
It is God's grace not education.

Even for him to read and understand and write exam and excel more than other of his mates is not by his power but by the grace and gift of God. He should spend more time thanking his God and destiny not all these Mumu talk.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by riczy(m): 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
This grace slogan is gradually watering down hard work! Work hard then God factor
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by adekolaelect(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
That was when education was key and many of you enjoyed low cost education but now if care is not taking even if you get employment ,salary paid till retirement may not up what you spent on education .

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Ruggman: 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
Congratulations Sir, more wins
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by seguno2: 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
dicksonadams:
So sad that this no longer the case, education alone can not rescue an average poor background Nigeria your from poor.

Sir your generation enjoyed a better Nigeria with better opportunities , with great benefit... Only to let this generate down by creating a terrible Nigsria for the current generation to struggle in.

His generation worked to enjoy what they enjoyed. This generation has to work its own way to enjoy, otherwise they will wail till infinitum. embarassed
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Amaizu(m): 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Warldbest:
Nah CBN money rescue you from poverty.
Anyways my able governor wink
In 1997, I had walked into this man’s mansion in independence layout Enugu. I was shocked !.We knew CC from our undergrad days . Charly nwa Mgbafor was consulting for IMF, World Bank etc before CBN
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by paduzman: 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
you don talk am finish

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mercychen:
These are people who went to school when education was still the key to success.
But it seems bombing is the key now
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
I no dey quick respect person but I respect this man 100%
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Paperbag(m): 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

In their days education favoured them so much ,its a fact

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by musicwriter(m): 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2021
Of course, the potent force in education, when properly harnessed, is still capable of rescuing millions of the World's poor. In the same vein, a robust MSME and conducive business environment is critical in the fight against roving poverty.

While I understand what he've said but note that it's no longer very true that you'll make it just because you're educated. Education is not static and is no longer what it was during his days. Everything evolve.

During his time, almost anybody who went to school had very high chance of getting a job because few were educated, so there was always an opening for those who went to school. But time has changed. More and more people now go to school and the number of the educated people are high competing for few jobs. This is added to the fact that the standard of education has dropped drastically, which means most people finishing school today may not be as qualifed as in your days.

On the second part, that's not exactly correct, unless the MSME is science and technology driven, it cannot bring huge economic change. And that's where you all African and indeed third world economists miss the point. Trading, commerce, all art enterprises don't create the type of flourishing economy you all project to alleviate the masses out of poverty. Yes, it can create commercial activity but that's not where wealth lies. It can only save a few.

True wealth lies in knowledge of how to exploit and harness the abundance of natural resources under the soil, in forest, in the air, e.t.c and converting them into useful products. It's after that that MSME's can then flourish to usher in the type of economic change you're talking about. The reason we don't have enough MSME's in third world countries to usher in the type of economic success that you all talk about is because WE DON'T KNOW SCIENCE. For details, see chapter 3 of the book on my signature.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by izubext007: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
And in our today's world, pastors are telling member to pray only and not telling them to work.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by JohnOkolo: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

Obviously someone who doesn't value education. Education is the only thing you can give to your Children, if you were educated properly you won't be sounding like a big this. You have heard from the horses mouth but you choose to be uneducated
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Amumaigwe: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

Fa abia, Ndi grace. No go work hard for God to bless your works. Be shouting grace up and down and expect manna from heaven last last.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Alphafeezay(m): 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
JohnOkolo:

Obviously someone who doesn't value education. Education is the only thing you can give to your Children, if you were educated properly you won't be sounding like a big this. You have heard from the horses mouth but you choose to be uneducated

I bet the highest educated person in your lineage can't come close to the least in my lineage, and I tell you again..... Grace is everything. No be Soludo know book pass, no be him go school pass., FACT.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by zubym2(m): 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:

I bet the highest educated person in your lineage can't come close to the least in my lineage, and I tell you again..... Grace is everything. No be Soludo know book pass, no be him go school pass., FACT.
oluwaseyi0:
Even though some people believe education may no longer be the key but with the level of illetracy accompanied senseless killings, religious stupidity and all capital vices in the North I will always rate education as a bedrock or basis for a would-be functional society
Yes I agree with you. Education teaches how to live and not only to earn.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by zubym2(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Yes I agree with you. Education teaches how to live and not only to earn.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Truvelisback(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2021
Generational Poverty, Chai! Lord have Messi ooo.
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by showafrica(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
dicksonadams:
So sad that this no longer the case, education alone can not rescue an average poor background Nigeria youth from poverty .

Sir your generation enjoyed a better Nigeria with better opportunities , with great benefit... Only to let this generate down by creating a terrible Nigsria for them to struggle in.

No matter the tribe una fada yanch

Only crypto can save this Nigeria generation that's why Fg is working hard against it and i dont know why.. May be they want everyone dead
Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Truvelisback(m): 9:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Alphafeezay:
Bro, na connection rescue am. If only he knows how many jobless and helpless graduates out there hopeless and helpless seeking for Jobs, he won't be saying these.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: Education Rescued Me From Generational Poverty (Throwback Photo) by Exczz: 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Attends Wedding Where People Didn't Wear Facemasks (Photos) / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Accident: Governor Yahaya Bello On Crutches At The Presidential Villa. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.