Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51342 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by dlox01(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2008
chidichris:

we can't remain partial judges here just because we want to protect nigeria and nigerians.
when a group of 23 players won the olympic cup in 1996, we all shared the pleasure of saying; ýes nigerians are very good footballers". "
samuel peters has written our name with Gold on the boxing map so why are we shying away from responsibilities when it comes to what we do best - corruption.
the only thing that has taken over the totality of nigeria with its headquaters in the same seat of power - ASO ROCK.
assuming you are just coming back from any journey, a step into the MMA will reveal an atmosphere of corruption.
from MMA to any of ur choosen destination in lagos or nigeria as a whole, u must participate in one corrupt practice either delibrately or otherwise.
our roads are filled with policemen who are surposed to be our protectors but who suddenly turn into threats.
the roads and security represents the corruption levels.
i am afraid if the statement that is been attached to oprah was not made by a nigerian.
we are so corrupt that we are even afraid to say or accept the truth.

mehn u dis pikin, we take credit for good things,true.but when we won the gold medal we dint say all nigerians can play football,when sam won a belt we dint say all nigerians are good boxers neigther did oprah.Every country n everybody has his/her way of uplifting his/her status n downplaying others n when u are in this position ull have to build ur image even if theres nothing to build just to meet up ur oposition,its just psyhology!!theres nothing Oprah can say that the average nigerian is not aware or even knows better in naija.On a real note theres too much hype on oprah that she is her own bomb or else i should say WHO DA HELL IS OPRAH??nigeria is a nation that has over a million oprahs in many aspects of life,we need not bother about replying the hyped illitrate,its just that america holds her so high thatz y shez a bother.Oprah over the years has been delusioned by her own image and has been passing irregular side comments,she had a problem with jerry springer when jerry was earning higher that she was,she lashed out saying his show lacks value(a lawyer n one time mayor?),she had a movie out back then,she so hyped the thing so bad she openly condemed other movies in that category,she went ahead to blast a writer for miss informing her about his novel which she openly hyped on her show n the guy sold like crase, this lies she found out afer larryking interveiwd that same guy n detected that his story in the novel wasnt at all true but my DULL oprah couldnt read between the lines.Larryking has had more important pple n has had more xperience than she has n date it back he wouldnt spit such a reckless statement.Oprah definetly heard about Dangotes wealth n shez treathened AGAIN!!!on her show i heard her say nigerians call americans maga's(she was trying to turn americans against nigerians n u know those ones will follow her like the magas she said they are)but the fact is that in yahoo world they call anyone that falls maga'z not just americans.in a nut shell,Oprah needs to do her homework well, shez a retard as far as this case is concerned,she needs to retire and get pregnant,period!!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by babsongudus: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2008
OPERA WINFREY MUST BE VERY MAD! TELL HER I SAID SO angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2008
You know,i've loved Oprah's show for years now.but the first day i heard her critisize Nigerians and said that all are corrupt.sh.iiiit i hated that ugly woman with passion.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by IGWEUSA(m): 9:22am On Dec 27, 2008
I know her problem. U know, many of my african american friends alwaz tell me that their fore fathers are from naija. And truly , they really want to be like nigerians. AS 4 oprah winfrey, i think that the naija government denied her application to adopt a child from Nigeria. Thats why she is vibrating mannerlessly.

********************Beware of AA haters, they re real.***********************
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by geolabious(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2008
IGWE_USA:

I know her problem. U know, many of my african american friends alwaz tell me that their fore fathers are from naija. And truly , they really want to be like nigerians. AS 4 oprah winfrey, i think that the naija government denied her application to adopt a child from Nigeria. Thats why she is vibrating mannerlessly.

********************Beware of AA haters, they re real.***********************
[size=13pt]THis is serious[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by geolabious(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2008
babsongudus:

OPERA WINFREY MUST BE VERY MAD! TELL HER I SAID SO angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
[size=13pt]Chaiiii
Can u confront her[/size]
cool
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Vicboya(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2009
Oprah don dey mad.Hw can u judge all by 2 or 3.Anyway she's confused,dnt 4get she's an oportunist of slavery.If 2 say dem no sell her parent she 4 dey africa dey suffer
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ceasyc(f): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2009
@fodiyo/posters/every1

OPRAH DID NOT DIS OR TALK BAD OF ALL NIGERIANS, SHE TALKED
ABOUT YAHOO BOYS/PEOPLE OR FRAUDSTERS AND 419 AND SHOWED
VIDEOS OF EFCC CATCHING SOME OF DEM @ D INTERNET CAFE

I WATCHED THAT EPISODE OF HER SHOW FROM START 2 FINISH
she and d guy she had on d show to talk about it sounded funny wen dey said 'MUGU'
dey said dat these nigerians call dem mugu. Dey spoke/aired d truth.

Oprah has nutin 2 apologise 4 or use some1 2 make up 4 anytin!

U GUYS R SO CHILDISH N DONT STATE WOT U DONT KNOW!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ceasyc(f): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2009
continued
oprah DID NOT say so
it was d people dat came on the show that talked about their experiences
and investigations

I DONT STATE WOT I DONT KNOW UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!

at the end of the show,oprah said this
"I know we're going to get a letter from somebody saying that Nigeria has a
lot of wonderful people. You don't have to send the letter," Oprah says. "We
already know that. We're just talking about this particular scam that's going on.
We're not talking about the entire country and everybody in the country."

SO WHERE D HELL DID SHE SAY WOT U QUOTED/THE POINTLESS ALLEGATIONS?
GO TO HER SITE (OPRAH.COM) AND U CAN READ D 17 PAGES OF THAT SHOW!!!

in d space search oprah.com, type in cunning cons , click go/search and read!!!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ell77(f): 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
ceasyc:

continued
oprah DID NOT say so
and investigations

already know that. We're just talking about this particular scam that's going on.

@ceasyc - Thanks for the clarification, I am glad there are people like you able to defend people's names. I was shocked and angry when I heard this and even googled it to find the video. When i could not find full length. I didn't know what to think or suspect. Good job! Hope others see your post! undecided
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MadMax1(f): 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2009
I'm sure some self-hating Nigerians must have thrilled to this one. You know the type; clunkerheads who believe we deserve every indignity we get, for no other reason than we're Nigerians. Seen her show for years. ALL Nigerians are corrupt? Too ridiculous for her to say.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2009
Mad_Max:

I'm sure some self-hating Nigerians must have thrilled to this one. You know the type; clunkerheads who believe we deserve every indignity we get, for no other reason than we're Nigerians. Seen her show for years. ALL Nigerians are corrupt? Too ridiculous for her to say.

I know it's asking a lot to read all the pages of this topic, but isn't it rather stupid that you didn't even bother to read the posts above yours that states what the non-illiterate ones amongst us already knew: Oprah NEVER said those words!!!

This whole steaming pile of crap started as a user submitted article on an online news site, yet Nigerians carried it as if it was the gospel truth. When we look for reasons why this country is in such a mess, we should note that willingness of many Nigerians to dwell on idle rumours and their subsequent unwillingness to use their brains are also contributory factors.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by kokooro1: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ceasyc, thanks for your info. I was just about dropping my own venom on Oprah (Opara, may be).

Can you imagine that even Seun admitted the supposed comment is the Truth. I beg oga Seun, you corrupt?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ceasyc(f): 2:04am On Oct 10, 2009
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MadMax1(f): 9:35pm On Oct 12, 2009
texazzpete:

I know it's asking a lot to read all the pages of this topic, but isn't it rather stupid that you didn't even bother to read the posts above yours that states what the non-illiterate ones amongst us already knew: Oprah NEVER said those words!!!

I was happy to read the posts above mine. I don't see how mine indicated I did not. Unless I actually did do something stupid and I'm eminently deserving, don't be so unbelievably crass and ill-mannered as to insult me just for the hell of it. Now that is asking a lot (sigh), but you can try.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 10:42pm On Oct 12, 2009
Mad_Max:

I was happy to read the posts above mine. I don't see how mine indicated I did not. Unless I actually did do something stupid and I'm eminently deserving, don't be so unbelievably crass and ill-mannered as to insult me just for the hell of it. Now that is asking a lot (sigh), but you can try.

I apologize for insulting you.
My ire stemmed from the fact that in the post just above yours, ceasyc provided concrete proof (if you needed any) that Oprah said no such thing.

Naturally my tone was set by your use of the word 'clunkerhead',
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by MadMax1(f): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2009
I withdraw my statement about you being ill-mannered. My post was acknowledging ceasyc's, and agreeing that she could never have said that. Before his clarification there must've been individuals who must have been thrilled at believing she said so. Believe it or not there are Nigerians who enjoy seeing and hearing Nigerian and Nigerians vilified and humiliated. Ceasy must've spoiled their fun.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by agathamari(f): 3:35pm On Oct 13, 2009
you can bitch all you want about what people say but if you read the comments on any of the newsites when they talk about nigeria bitching about something (lil wayne/dist 9/ oprah) it is only hurting the reputation of nigeria. now you are seen as scammers and cry babies. if you want the world to see you as somthing other then scammers and cry babies then you have to show the world you arnt those things. new york and las vegas were both "rebranded" recently but before the process of rebranding started, the problems were for the most part fixed or at least addressed.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by vescucci(m): 1:13am On Oct 14, 2009
Awww. Look how Max and Texazzpete kissed and made up. If only half of nairalanders can be this sensible. Isn't this thread like the oldest thing though?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ohisng(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2009
Let Oprah go eat SHIT!!
She talks like americans are saints themselves
No be dem start fraud?
The ExonMobil fraud, na nigerians?
We have bad people but for someone like Oprah to say ALL nigerians are corrupt shows her level of IGNORANCE and MOUTH DIARRHOEA!
HAS SHE MET ALL NIGERIANS?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by tunnytox(m): 11:26am On Oct 14, 2009
Oprah ko Oprah ni grin grin grin who the hell does she think she is
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by chijokes: 12:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
Honestly I don't think its a very good thing to read from a very reputable Lady like Oprah that "ALL NIGERIANS ARE CORRUPT" lets remember that the likes of Ngozi Okonjo-Iwala, Emeka Anyaoku, Chinue Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Bishop David Oyedepo, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, and the likes are still Nigerians. Please someone should correct her ALL NIGERIANS ARE NOT CORRUPT, we still have some fraction of our over 120,000,000 citizens that are not corrupt.

We have a bad case of corruption in Nigeria just like Mexico has with Drugs and Texas has with gun running but that does not make all Mexicans drug lords or dealers.

Thanks.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by WilyWily: 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2009
That is why disintegration of Nigeria is important so that each Nation/Tribe can successfully monitor and curtail Corrupt people in their midst
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by chijokes: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2009
No I disagree that the solution to corruption is to disintegrate, I think we should concentrate on Nation building when the economy stabilizes and the young masses have more legal opportunities to make a living corruption will be reduced drastically.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by edoyad(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2009
Awww, thank you Seun grin

Agathamari christy could you please explain aunty O's diatribe ? grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ifyan(m): 10:40pm On Jan 27, 2010
So nwanyi u are this stupid lik dis. y did u say nigerian are all corrupt did u knon dat US has d highest security agent in d world y because of corruption kiss AND rememba u are a blak woman plus u practic racism[tr][/tr]
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by emmanuel93(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2010
Talks of a woman who worships the devil!!! angry , SHE CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL NIGERIA CARES!, LOL! grin
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Mbeki: 6:44am On May 26, 2010
When it comes to corruption and conning, Nigerians can't match Americans, an American con man can defraud a whole bank, close down a company, Americans are double speak devil. They pretend as if they're good, but deep inside them, the commit all sort of atrocity.
Research properly into their way of life and you'll know the truth.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by shilling(f): 8:04am On May 26, 2010
Mbeki:

When it comes to corruption and conning, Nigerians can't match Americans, an American con man can defraud a whole bank, close down a company, Americans are double speak devil. They pretend as if they're good, but deep inside them, the commit all sort of atrocity.
Research properly into their way of life and you'll know the truth.
That's true about Americans, Canadians to an extent as well - can't be taken at face value. When I do something and they say "good job", I always double check lol.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by opokonwa(m): 8:39am On May 26, 2010
emmanuel93:

Talks of a woman who worships the devil!!! angry , SHE CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL NIGERIA CARES!, LOL! grin

Sincerely asking, "Does Oprah worship the Devil?"
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by damola1: 1:59pm On May 26, 2010
iN THIS whole wide word na only americans don dupe me, not once, not twice, dem thief pass anything,
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ceasyc(f): 2:29am On May 27, 2010
oprah DID NOT say so
and investigations

especially dis 1 below
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/slideshow1_ss_money_20070413/17

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Dumps APC, Resigns From Party / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable / Buhari’s Victory Sparks Crisis In Lagos, Oyo, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.