Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (51425 Views)

Poll: This is a serious matter. Whose side are you on?

Nigeria: 80% (294 votes)
Oprah Winfrey: 19% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Apc Gov Are Corrupt: Says Who????? / Every Nigerian Billionaire Is Corrupt, Says Former Minister Akinyemi / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ell77(f): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2007
@denex - thank you for consolidating my conclusions - 'glory hunter who cares more about non-blacks and I'm sure hates the fact she is black'.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by divanaija1: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2007
I can't b'liv that a woman thot to be intelligent and smart wud condemnably generalize in totality the whole inhabitant of a nation. Being a famous talk show host didn't she kno that generalizing without confirmation based on individual examination is literally a mental retardation of intelligence of the highest level!

If indeed she said, ("All Nigerians are corrupt regardless of level," mischievously attributed to Ms. Oprah Winfrey,), wel then it's really sad.

I am Nigerian and i lov being a Nigerian. We do hav faults but hey no one is flawless. Yes some r corrupt, (As u hav in all countries), but not all r.

If u want to hit Oprah up, here is a link. U have to have a myspace id though which sadly is being denied Nigerian these days.

http://www.myspace.com/oprahbooksfanclub

N please fellow brothers and sisters lets try and make Nigeria a better place.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by nawa1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2007
something de worry dat woman 4 head angry
infact i no go watch her shows again angry angry angry angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2007
diva_naija:

I can't b'liv that a woman thot to be intelligent and smart would condemnably generalize in totality the whole inhabitant of a nation. Being a famous talk show host didn't she kno that generalizing without confirmation based on individual examination is literally a mental retardation of intelligence of the highest level!

If indeed she said, ("All Nigerians are corrupt regardless of level," mischievously attributed to Ms. Oprah Winfrey,), wel then it's really sad.

I am Nigerian and i lov being a Nigerian. We do hav faults but hey no one is flawless. Yes some r corrupt, (As u hav in all countries), but not all r.

If u want to hit Oprah up, here is a link. You have to have a myspace id though which sadly is being denied Nigerian these days.

http://www.myspace.com/oprahbooksfanclub

N please fellow brothers and sisters lets try and make Nigeria a better place.

Do you think she checks that?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by divanaija1: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2007
9ja4eva:

Do you think she checks that?

Yes.(Directly or indirectly)
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by talktimi(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2007
If oprah really made that statement, then i really doubt her level of intelligence for thinking that a country of 140 million can have 140 million corrupt people because of what one person did . Shame on her ive lost all the respect i had for her .
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 2:09am On Aug 22, 2007
LOL

Yu right

diva_naija:

Yes.(Directly or indirectly)

Okay
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2007
Now i know many Nigerians are fatally stupid.
Even after many many posts showing that she said no such thing, we have so many faux 'patriots' coming to judge this woman.
Weird
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by BABEELOVE(f): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
What do you expect? Nothing new to talk about so some peeps are resurrecting some dead threads to cause fight. Abeg make una bring correct topics na---make we fight small! cheesy See as everywhere just dry! Nothing happening in Niaja? Nothing happening in Nairaland. No hot gossip? Please all these dry topics all over political section, make una stop am oh! Who cares about "akalagate" and "OBJ"? It is going to be a very boring day! Chai!!!!! Let me select some manageable Nigerian movies for 'back up " plan jo!!!! angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Odumegwu(m): 4:34am On Aug 25, 2007
Too bad Oprah! American government CANNOT sever ties with Nigeria especially with the Chinese lurking in the corner! And as a matter of fact, Nigerians are not as corrupt as Americans. QUOTE me!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by doublehark(m): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2007
I am so delighted that we have Nigerians that are still very much patriotic and Reasonable.As far as i am concerned, Ophra's utterances are uncalled for, tribalistic and misguided.Like i said b4, she has never spent a week in Nigeria so how on heart or in Heaven can she know Jacks.**t bout us the people? Tell her to talk to her fellow Americans first, B4 she starts blabbing.We here are ready to put self-glorifying celebs down on their asses quicker than they can pronounce "celeb".[size=8pt][/size][b][/b] angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by doublehark(m): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2007
@ texazzpete, Even if she did not say it, the way YOU addressed people here is shallow.How can yu say many "Stupid Nigerians" Start with your friends.[size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 2:30am On Aug 28, 2007
lmao

Am an exemption
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by tonia2000(f): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
If truly oprah said so, then she didn't think right
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ogajim(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2007
I couldn't care less about what Oprah Winfrey thinks of Nigeria and Nigerians, black or not, this is an American. The same America that gave us ITT and MKO Abiola. Oprah wants to talk about corruption? Let her start by telling us what happened to the millions of Naira (Naira was higher than the dollar then) that Nigeria spent on Telephones that never worked and when accountable government came into place to probe those money, Abiola and his American cohorts always had IBB and his tanks to take over the government. Oprah need to get a life apart from her dogs and Stedman (is he gay?) Americans who are greedy enough to get caught by these 419 folks have no one to blame but themselves for falling for these elementary hooks of money in a case. ITT by Fela needs to be sent to Oprah's myspace so she can educate her self that her own country taught us this 419, screw them all.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2007
I wonder why Oprah Winfrey has not condemned the stealing of $12 billion USA taxpayers' money?

Or is that not Corruption too? Is it Correlation?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aRfRyhT0yHzU&refer=us

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/iraq_aid_missing.html

www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,,2008189,00.html

www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/10/iraq_billions200710

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2006/060806Lindorff.shtml

I'm still asking anyone to tell me this has not surpassed the height of corruption anywhere in the world.

It is this same half-brained Oprah that opened her one-size-fits-all mouth to tell people to stop eating burger in the USA because of rumours of Mad Cow disease in England.

Sales of beef products plummeted, Texas Cattle Farmers lost millions of dollars which of course they sued her for, and Agricultural Unionists all over the USA condemned her over-sized mouth.

Yet she has started making these types of idiotic blanket statements again.

Let her say it openly that George Bush and Dick Cheney are corrupt and tell American Citizens, Transparency International and the entire world to demand of the US Regime what happened to $12 billion Cash that was physically transferred from the Federal Reserves in the USA to Iraq by Air and finally disappeared in the custody of PAUL BREMER.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by somze(f): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2007
denex
u no dey tire, haba
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2007
This thread still dey boom
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by BABEELOVE(f): 1:52pm On Sep 21, 2007
somze:

denex
u no dey tire, haba

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! shocked
Abeg leave am oh! No drive am I beg! shocked Can't you see the place is slowly waking  up? shocked

Please concentrate on Maddam Etteh instead of Oprah!  Nigeria has enough problems.  Thank you!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by toshmann(m): 2:04pm On Sep 21, 2007
a friend of mine won the US Visa lottery and was given an appointment by the embassy and was mandated to pay over $750.00 for the interview, yet when he got to the embassy they told him that Nigeria has exhausted its chances in the lottery, that the number of slots allocated to nigeria has been used up. . . . . yet they gave him an appointment and collected over $750.00 non refundable from a young struggling nigerian, a significant proportion of which was borrowed.
now if that is not 419, can oprah and her blinded cerebral supporters tell me what it is? angry

let me explain further, a very poor guy was made to borrow more money to give to a very rich country in exchange for dissappointment, increased debt, elongated poverty, anguish and self pity. while the rich country gets $750.00 richer. nobody mentions this kind of thing in the news. but i tell you, this is the real duping b/c someone can commit suicide for this.

angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by chiegemba(f): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2007
@ smile11s
"Dats y u can't b a "God" he doesnt use fowl langs like that!
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by chidichris(m): 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2007
if she actually said that, i am on her side.
i want us to direct our points to facts.
we can do this by mentioning names that are exemption to the rule.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2007
toshmann:

a friend of mine won the US Visa lottery and was given an appointment by the embassy and was mandated to pay over $750.00 for the interview, yet when he got to the embassy they told him that Nigeria has exhausted its chances in the lottery, that the number of slots allocated to nigeria has been used up. . . . . yet they gave him an appointment and collected over $750.00 non refundable from a young struggling nigerian, a significant proportion of which was borrowed.
now if that is not 419, can oprah and her blinded cerebral supporters tell me what it is? angry

let me explain further, a very poor guy was made to borrow more money to give to a very rich country in exchange for dissappointment, increased debt, elongated poverty, anguish and self pity. while the rich country gets $750.00 richer. nobody mentions this kind of thing in the news. but i tell you, this is the real duping b/c someone can commit suicide for this.

angry

uuum, Toshman, Maybe if your friend had read the Form where he got the information to pay 750, he could have seen where it was written that the fee was non-refundable. That is like the norm here and people are ok or used to it. I am not sure you can blame the people on that but did your friend bother to appeal?? That is how things work here. You are rejected, you appeal and sometimes you get it. I learnt that lesson a good way too. Learnt that there is always a way around some of these walls, you just need to spend time reading to find it and they encourage you to do it by providing you with information
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by iykrion(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
@topic,
Na she get her mouth, if she like she fit use am chop shit. Nonsense angry
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
@Kobojunkie

so because that is how the scam has been pulled for ages that means it is not wrong.

Those yahoo boys, they also have a format where they tell their victims the basic amount to deposit. Does it make anything right?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 8:00am On Oct 28, 2007
Question to Oprah :

What will she say about all Americans?
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by ricflare(m): 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2007
Sha We r stilll the giant of Africa and nothinc can stop us
If Nigerians should stop taking US like a demigod I beilieve we can rule them
shocked and all those supporting her are BIG FOOOOOOOOOOOOLS
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by denex: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2007
na Oprah get her mouth. If she like, make she use am chop shit.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by 9ja4eva: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dt one no mean say she go dey curse a whole nation,

She kolo
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Kobojunkie: 3:48am On Oct 30, 2007
9ja4eva:

She kolo

Why don't you be the one Nigerian to show her that she may be wrong about her perception of all nigerians @9jaeva. instead of assuming she is mad, maybe you should just go prove to her that she is wrong.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by Pain(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2007
She has enough problems in her hands now. There is a serious case of abuse and molestation in her School in South Africa. That should keep her busy and less time for her make up. Heard in grapevine that she's a "work of art" better not seen in the morning. Shes a Halloween Icon.

Hush Hush dont tell anyone I told U lipsrsealed.
Re: 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey by texazzpete(m): 8:56am On Oct 30, 2007
9ja4eva:

She kolo

Before you spout foolishness, how do you know she actually did say that? What are you basing your arguments on?

Nigerians can be a silly, malevolent lot indeed

Pain:

She has enough problems in her hands now. There is a serious case of abuse and molestation in her School in South Africa. That should keep her busy and less time for her make up. Heard in grapevine that she's a "work of art" better not seen in the morning. Shes a Halloween Icon.

See above. But instead, add spiteful in your case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu's Daughter, Fatima Graduates From NTIC (Photos) / Senator Ademola Adeleke Dancing In A Church In USA (Pics, Video) / Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.