Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Am I Really Called? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Really Called? (1679 Views)

I Want Everyone To Know That I Really Hate The Anti-christ / Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. / Not Paying Your Tithe As A Christian? I Really Pity You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Really Called? by Anas09: 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=107714274]
First question I will ask you is this. Was any of those statements attributed by John to the person of Jesus Christ? undecided

Revelation 1:5-6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. [bUnto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; [/b]to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We shouldn't just argue because we know how well to argue, or to win arguments, let argue objectively with the intent of pass on knowledge.
The passage there says 'Jesus himself made US kings and Priests to God.

[quote author=Kobojunkie post=107714274]
Second question, If [b]everyone
is a priest, of what value is this priesthood, or in this Op's case his claim that he is called to be come a priest when and if the same call goes out to everyone? undecided
What or who is a Priest? Do you know?
What is the duty or responsibility of a Priest?
If the Master has made us Priest while is the eternal High Priest, what is our duty to God?
Are you a Christian?
Re: Am I Really Called? by Anas09: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:

So let me start by asking you this. Am I to take it that you believe Paul's letter to the Ephesians is an amendment of sorts to the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God, ratified and declared finished on the cross by Jesus Christ Himself? undecided
No sir. Paul's letters are in no way an amendment to the New Covenant.
The letters of Paul to the Church are the continuation of the teachings of the New Covenant realities to the Church of the First Born.

Kobojunkie:

Where Jesus Christ declared that in His Kingdom, He alone is Teacher, Rabbi/Master, Authority, Shepherd etc., - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 &
In understanding the teachings of the Lord or even the entire Bible, we allow the verses to be interpreted within context.
What is the context within which that instructions came? The Lord is warning His followers never to compete amongst themselves as to who is greater and who shd rule over the other.
John 20:21 [b]Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

Question: How did the father send Him? As what? To do what?
And how is He sending us? As what? To do what?

We are His representatives on earth and carries out his deeds through us by manifesting His gifts through us.

Kobojunkie:

Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 & John 10 vs 1 - 16[/b] - over each one who belongs to Him, am I to take it then that you believe Paul, a mere human, overruled God's Law, against God's own commandment at that, in this? undecided
No, Paul did not over rule the Master's teaching. You just have a problem understanding the context used to present the body of teachings
Re: Am I Really Called? by Anas09: 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Administrative Government of Christ? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes. There's the administrative government of Christ. You laugh because you dont Know. Ask and you shall receive.
There is the LIFESTYLE OF CHRIST AND THE PRINCIPLES OF CHRIST. The Principles of Christ is his government and how to govern and administrate his kingdom while still on earth
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Anas09:
If the Master has made us Priest while is the eternal High Priest, what is our duty to God?
Are you a Christian?
So John claimed that Jesus Christ made everyone who follows Him a Priest, where Jesus Christ never in fact used the title to describe any of us. So we need to understand what John's use of the word implies. And you have asked very good questions since we trying here to understand John's claims as far as priests are concerned and maybe compare that with today's world's understanding of who priests are. undecided

So can you help us with John's understanding of who a Priest is and what a Priest does in this case so we can find a correlation between what he, John, claims in Revelation, and what Jesus Christ in fact said and go from there on this. undecided
Are you a Christian?
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Anas09:

1. No sir. Paul's letters are in no way an amendment to the New Covenant.
The letters of Paul to the Church are the continuation of the teachings of the New Covenant realities to the Church of the First Born.

2. In understanding the teachings of the Lord or even the entire Bible, we allow the verses to be interpreted within context.
What is the context within which that instructions came? The Lord is warning His followers never to compete amongst themselves as to who is greater and who shd rule over the other.
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Question: How did the father send Him? As what? To do what?
And how is He sending us? As what? To do what?

We are His representatives on earth and carries out his deeds through us by manifesting His gifts through us.

3. No, Paul did not over rule the Master's teaching. You just have a problem understanding the context used to present the body of teachings
1. Continuation of a contract that Jesus Christ declared on the cross, "It is finished"? I am afraid, what you are saying is still the same... and that is that Paul's letters is an amendment to the Gospel as given to us by Jesus Christ, and ratified on the cross. undecided

2. We have already beaten the representative horse to death. Jesus Christ sent out only those who belong to Him (this we already know of) and not simply those who claimed to believe in Him. undecided

3. I don't have a single problem with Paul, my problem is with the fact that many of you place his opinion above God's Law. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Anas09:

Yes. There's the administrative government of Christ. You laugh because you dont Know. Ask and you shall receive.
There is the LIFESTYLE OF CHRIST AND THE PRINCIPLES OF CHRIST. The Principles of Christ is his government and how to govern and administrate his kingdom while still on earth
I laugh because I know and understand what Paul said separate from what Jesus Christ, our commander and chief decreed!

Jesus Christ is a contract between God and the individual- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - the only administrative Government in that 1-to-1 relationship is Jesus Christ, the embodiment of God's Law and Truth, the very terms and conditions of the Gospel in the Kingdom of God. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Way Forward After Manmustwacc's Dismissal? I Am Weak! / Best Raksha Bandhan Cards|rakhi Wallpaper|rakhi Songs / The Mystery Of Mechizedek Solved!...who Is He?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.