Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World (34232 Views)

New Bikini Photos Of Agbani Darego / Agbani Darego Celebrates Her 35th Birthday Today: Throwback Vs Recent Photos / Photo Of Ishaya Danjuma, Agbani Darego's Husband's Face Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Seun360(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2021
sageb:

Yes ooo,Rivers State is trying
Agbani Darego is A kalabari Ijaw lady
Burna Boy is A Engenni Ijaw Boy
Proudly Ijaw
#We Rise

Even General De-Rat about to get his global accolade.

Cc; GreatBoss
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Richvibes1997: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2021
AdaNri1:
Making Nigerian girls proud. Because of Agbani I’m starting a hashtag against the slander of Nigerian girls.
We’re hard working, loyal and faithful women. We build with whomever we love. We have even suffered betrayal where men whom we built together with left us and married someone else, we did not say all Nigerian men were betrayers.

Yes, there’s a few elements that are bad, but you also find it in Nigerian men.

So stop painting all women with same brush and think girls from other countries are better. #NigerianGirlsAreGood.

Will you keep quiet......gold diggers

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2021
zaraola:

A life time experience, lucky her. But I think She is prettier now kiss

She won with far less makeup and the hair was hers. grin

You are complimenting a wig, loads of makeup and professionally lighted photography.

Her husband knows her real face. grin

4 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by SmartPolician: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2021
MI (Mister Incredible) bin chyke this babe tire, not knowing that the babe has her eyes on billionaires.

Forget what your girlfriend tells you, every woman wants financial security. Women only date broke guys when the rich are apparently not forthcoming. Who no like better thing?

Anyways, Agbani Darego made us and the entire black race proud.

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Curious345: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2021
sageb:

Yes ooo,Rivers State is trying
Agbani Darego is A kalabari Ijaw lady
Burna Boy is A Engenni Ijaw Boy
Proudly Ijaw
#We Rise

Keep you lips on that coloradoh... Your comment is flawed.

Burns boy is from OGONI, KEN SARO WIWA side
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by BigYash: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2021
TimeTraveller:
She was a 'slay queen' before social media became a thing.
Back when people actually had sense.
We watched her that year and felt very proud.
The whole world applauded Nigerian excellence.
She answered her questions eloquently and with so much poise.

But today, one big head who doesn't know that England is in Europe won N90million in a reality tv show.

Go figure.

Lakoko Laxuxu. No be small big head o, grin

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2021
NEUSICMEDIA:
Nigerian model, Agbani Darego has taken to social media to mark the 20th anniversary of the day she was crowned Miss World.

Agbani emerged winner of Miss World on November 16, 2001, making her the first Nigerian and also the first indigenuous African to win the renowned beauty pageant.

She won the pageant at age 18 after beating 93 contestants from all over the world at the 51st edition of the Miss World pageant, held at the Super Bowl of Sun City Entertainment Centre in Sun City, South Africa.
She was crowned by Indian actress, Priyanka Chopra, who was Miss World the previous year.

Taking to her Instagram page today, November 16, the mum of two shared a video of the moment she was crowned and wrote, “20 years today! Forever thankful for the experience @missworld �”

Source: https://neusicmedia.com/entertainment/forever-thankful-agbani-darego-says-as-she-marks-20th-anniversary-of-winning-miss-world/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWVXjI7jDFb/?utm_medium=copy_link
Priyanka Chopra fine Sha
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by sisisioge: 11:14am On Nov 17, 2021
She is one of my favourite celebs.....so beautiful and true to her beauty.

2 Likes

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by treatise: 11:16am On Nov 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
What a great achievement yet she doesn't make noise about it. Imagine if it was Tonto Dike that won the award?

Instagram would have been indicating " too hot to handle" grin
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by CSTRR: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Boomboost:

You meant more mature.

Wait, the woman crowning her is an actress...
Priyanka Chopra.

One of the most beautiful women in the world.
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2021
baralatie:

Her own small lol!!
If tiwa savage

Internet will be banned

U grin grin grin u no go kill me

And true to u the internet will be banned , she never even be close na so so nude we they see
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Intersexxsherry(f): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2021
angelfallz:
It was a great achievement.

If they allowed the reigning miss world to also contest I'm sure Priyanka Chopra would have beat Agbani.
did you see the other White contestants Agbani compete with? Even
Priyanka Chopra did not win Miss India but was the first runner up..
This competition is not all about beauty alone. Watch the way Agbani answered her questions so well. She is a black beauty with brain

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Philip4564(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2021
Richy4:

Yea you are correct... I guess one of the questions they asked her was" if U find yourself in a desert or isolated place, and u were asked to take three things with you what would that be... Without thinking twice, she just gave a very good answer that made me smile like crazy that day... Her abilities to think on her toes is just what made me like her...
pls can you still remember what answer she gave that very day? Just curious to know
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by chrisooblog: 11:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Remember that night like the female version of Nigeria winning the world cup. If it had happened today nairaland servers would have crashed for one week.

NEUSICMEDIA:
Nigerian model, Agbani Darego has taken to social media to mark the 20th anniversary of the day she was crowned Miss World.

Agbani emerged winner of Miss World on November 16, 2001, making her the first Nigerian and also the first indigenuous African to win the renowned beauty pageant.

She won the pageant at age 18 after beating 93 contestants from all over the world at the 51st edition of the Miss World pageant, held at the Super Bowl of Sun City Entertainment Centre in Sun City, South Africa.
She was crowned by Indian actress, Priyanka Chopra, who was Miss World the previous year.

Taking to her Instagram page today, November 16, the mum of two shared a video of the moment she was crowned and wrote, “20 years today! Forever thankful for the experience @missworld �”

Source: https://neusicmedia.com/entertainment/forever-thankful-agbani-darego-says-as-she-marks-20th-anniversary-of-winning-miss-world/

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWVXjI7jDFb/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by osazsky(m): 11:21am On Nov 17, 2021
How this woman take win this competition..i saw more beautiful women especially the one from philipines or so.i could see the despair in her face cuz she knew she deserved it more..if its a quiz competition let it be quiz.if its a peagent let it be a peagent.if it bbnaija where they select the rude ladies with the biggest ass let it be left that way.we must define these things..the paparazi of giving it to the first black woman even before the competition started would have influeced the objectivitity of the jugdes...this cheating also plays in sports especially football.they do it with so much esperience that people dont notice..to those that deserved it we are sorry...but we africans needed it more..sorry to say with what played that day she didnt deserve it but she is beautiful anyway..i am not condemning or beign biased.i like a fair ground..i know kids who didnt even watch it will come for my head but nobody should menton me as this is the plain truth and the truth always sound bitter to the ears.congrats dear enjoy your anniversary
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by sageb: 11:22am On Nov 17, 2021
baralatie:

To read medicine and surgery I think!

Well who would believe that her path would lead her to where she is know

She was in Computer Science department.
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by PecE2Make: 11:23am On Nov 17, 2021
Can any BBN housemates make Nigeria proud at world level?
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by prciouschika(f): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2021
Boomboost:

You meant more mature.

Wait, the woman crowning her is an actress...
yeaa Bollywood actress
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by nihinlade(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2021
But she is too slim.
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Nov 17, 2021
Philip4564:
pls can you still remember what answer she gave that very day? Just curious to know
grin... It's on YouTube..
She said that she will need water, that since she is a Christian, she will need her bible and finally a blanket to cover herself cheesy
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2021
When the bwess was still standing..... I even heard that only virgins were allowed to participate in the contest
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by baralatie(m): 11:26am On Nov 17, 2021
sageb:

She was in Computer Science department.

Well!

It explains a lot
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Zubi10(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2021
It's already obvious that chubby ladies can't win miss world
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by uniquelyspecial(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2021
zaraola:

A life time experience, lucky her. But I think She is prettier now kiss
Evolution... Check even Priyanka Chopra is prettier now.

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by TheWolfen(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2021
Congrats Queen
Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2021
These days it pageantry is all about bleaching cream ambassadors and lightskinned mutts.......reason why we hardly win anything internationally.

1 Like

Re: Agbani Darego Marks 20th Anniversary Of Winning Miss World by angelfallz(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2021
Lol. Priyanka Chopra was the reigning miss world who handed over to Agbeni. She was the one that crowned her.
That was why I said, "if they allowed the reigning miss world to also contest"

Intersexxsherry:
did you see the other White contestants Agbani compete with? Even
Priyanka Chopra did not win Miss India but was the first runner up..
This competition is not all about beauty alone. Watch the way Agbani answered her questions so well. She is a black beauty with brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Posted A New Stunning Photo With Her Post Baby Bod In Her Home / Regina Daniels Slays In Mini Denim Skirt / Kiss Daniel's Fans Happy As "Sofa" Drops Today( Twitter Response)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.