Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray (1436 Views)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Ask Their Women For Money When They Are Broke?� / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / I Find It Difficult To Sleep Alone In A Room Or In A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by KNOWMORE56: 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mayyvin:
I'm not exactly sure how this started.

I used to always begin my day with prayers and studying the Bible. But of late, I've been finding it difficult to continue this practise.

I also have no desire to go to church anymore. I find I don't learn anything from the Bible whenever I attend. Either I'm too busy working (I'm a worker), or the sermons mostly borders on how to attain wordly success—things I can easily pull up from one of Anthony Robbin's motivational books.

I'm involved in a lot of things in church. I occupy several leadership positions (which I didn't ask for) and every Sunday feels like an office meeting.

I get home feeling drained and tired after several meetings. I don't learn anything from church and I no longer feel the passion I used to have.

I dunno what's happening. My spiritual life is wearing thin.

Go on personal retreat. By personal retreat I mean you alone with God, get revival messages you'll listen to, separate yourself from everything and everyone.

Any pastor that can feel sad because you want to get connected back to God does not love you....

*. Song of Solomon 1:6 "KJV:Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept ."
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Go on personal retreat. By personal retreat I mean you alone with God, get revival messages you'll listen to, separate yourself from everything and everyone.

Any pastor that can feel sad because you want to get connected back to God does not love you....

*. Song of Solomon 1:6 "KJV:Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept ."

Thanks a lot. I'll imbibe this.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Dropme: 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What has church attendance and praying to do with wetin Jesus Christ even tell you say make you do? undecided

• Jesus Christ never told His followers to attend churches or do anything in places called churches.
• Jesus Christ never that one was required to say X amount of prayers each single day.
• When asked by His disciples how to pray, Jesus Christ(God in the Kingdom of God) taught them to say what we call 'The Lord's prayer' a prayer that needs only be said once a day for those who wish to pray everyday.

But most importantly, Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and teachings. He described His friends as those who do what He says. undecided

So Op, the major problem with your so-called spiritual life is that you are following the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) , that which is a sin against God, instead of submitting to and obeying the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
damn! I though u were an atheist
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Dropme:
damn! I though u were an atheist
I used to be one. undecided
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Dropme: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I used to be one. undecided
what now happened my brother in d lord? share a testimony kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / You Need To See These Photos If You Think Your Kids Frustrate You More / Am I Jealous Or It's Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.