Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question (16017 Views)

Men Who Have Married Women/dated From Edo State, How Is Your Relationship Going? / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? / She Never Apologises: I Am Thinking Of Ending This Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 17, 2021
You remember the first time you fell in love and nothing else mattered? It was all about spending the rest of your life with this person. There were butterflies in your stomach and your eyes lighted up anytime your favourite person was around. The world seem to halt when they were around. And how you wanted this person, to spend more time with them and be alone with them without a third person distracting.

And then it happens, you both realise you share the same feelings and then you got into a relationship. You began dating and things seem to be going well. The first year, second year and the third year. You begin to notice that apart from love making, there is nothing solid about this relationship. In fact, you both do not care now if your partners go out to meet others. There is no commitment, no goal, no direction. And you just go with the flow with nothing to show for it. Then you begin to ponder some questions; “but where is this relationship headed?” “Am I sure I am not wasting my time?”

The above scenario is a typical example of most young folks in love. To them a relationship is all about sharing feelings and nothing else. They say “we love each other, and nothing else matters”. Well this stays true, until they feel they are being used and begin to have a wrong notion about relationships all because the right things were not done first.

But here is something that can be done, as early as possible. Something that can always remedy the situation and remove the tag that “relationships or love is a scam”. If you are in a relationship with someone, and you are unsure about the ship you are in, and you certainly do not know your position in that relationship, then it is important that you halt Take a break and ask questions. Life is short, but oftentimes decisions make it pretty long, so it is necessary to take breaks and do some introspection.

The “where” is this relationship headed is a very pertinent question to be asked because;

It brings a sense of awareness to commitment;- Some people hop into the train of relationship without wanting to commit, without wanting to be responsible. This question is a reminder to commitment, it makes people conscious about their actions knowing there are consequences.
It helps in setting important goals which serves as guidelines. After awareness to responsibility, people are spurred to set goals to guide them, so that they can accomplish something great, something worthwhile and have something to show for it as couples or individuals in love who care about each other.

It reduces time wastage;- when this question is asked early. You can decide to back out early and not waste your time with someone who is not committed to you.
I have often heard people say they have been in a relationship with someone for as long as eight years, and eventually their partner backs out, leaving them frustrated and some people end up very bitter because they have spent their years loving up on someone who really did not care about them all because they did not or could not ask questions when and where necessary.

Listen, do not let anyone guilt trip you by giving a retort of “don’t you trust me?” When you decide to take the by the horn by asking where a relationship is headed. Do they want marriage? Or do they want to just have kids and move? What is their plan? It needs to be laid out.

Do not let the fear of loosing someone stop you from doing things and getting the right answers that are important for your life. If you loose someone because of your questions, then the person was not for you to begin with, be assured of this fact. Someone who has the same goals with you as regards a relationship will come your way.

And now, there is a question for us. Supposing we ask our partners this question and they give us clear answers without cutting corners about their take on the relationship and where it is headed.

Let’s say it is not what you want, like you intend to get married and want children but your partner does not want children. Will you be able to back out? Or will you be too afraid to loose the person when compared to living your dream?

A relationship is not something to loose yourself in, especially if it is not in line with what you want. Especially if it does not have a direction. Why settle in the name of a relationship when it is not in your favour? Why want to go the way of uncertainty when you can have a concrete plan that can work for you? If you are in such a situation where your ship is rudderless, you can stop the captain now and ask that you be let out. It is not too late. And if you are in a relationship that is all feelings, remember there will come a time when the feelings will be the least thing both of you will consider. Oftentimes it is the dreams and goals shared together that strings two people in love or who care about each other.

So today do the needful and ask the important question “is this relationship headed anywhere?”

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2021/10/14/why-you-need-to-ask-the-where-is-this-relationship-going-to-question/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Mikester: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2021
hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by dynicks(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
The face I keep when a girl asks me such a question!!..

For my mind....wetin dey do this one?

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by ideatoprince18(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
That question na him ladies dey ask when Dem no say time no dey their side

30 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Impregnable101: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
My readymade answer to that question has always been "as the spirit lead, because man propose God dispose" wink

That was b4 i met a sensible woman(my wife)

42 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Olam09(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
I did once, we even talked about marriage asking her if I'm gonna make a great dad she said yes, i asked her if we gonna make a great couple she said why not.. we even discussed to the extent of asking ourselves what child would we prefer first i told her boy she said she'd prefer having a girl as first child grin you know that's common among ladies they'd prefer female child first.. then i told her if they argument should be settled maybe we could have twin babies then.. she said she love twins i told her i love twins too.. men you gotta be with a lovely, lively partner.. i swear everything will be smooth. It's been 3 years we've been in relationship now, and everything is going smoothly.. we do go on date regularly, i do visit her mom sometimes.. we're happy together and i love her..

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Skooltynz: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
E no concern us wey single

Wooowww YABATECH has just extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice, but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to make sure you gain admission,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Dmes(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
kiss embarassed embarassed
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by jarvis4: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Make we de see first
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by SmartGadgetz: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Must we ask?
Ordinary relationship?
Can't we just be friends and have fun grin.
Nna eh.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by bennytrips27(m): 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
Beautiful piece.
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by TempUser: 3:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
To the moon... grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by abobote: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
No mind them
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by TriCee: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Come on! The write up too long for just one question na. cool

A question that the response might still turn out to be a big lie. But it's still good to ask o, better than unfounded assumptions.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Sirlins(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mehhhnnn that question means one person or both lovers are getting tired of the rubbish. Our fathers did it good, when you get a woman you like, you ask her if she likes you that's all the upper week becomes the wedding day. But many men don turn some women into Lord of the rings and many have said baby I love you for 16 years now hmmmmm ........anyway your matter no be my matter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Omniman(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Marry your church member,
Dem no dey ask this kind question grin

But you say na wale you Wan follow.

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Authoreety: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
It's kinda important

Back in the days, I so hated and detested that question to the extent that once d gals asks, the relationship just heads straight to the rock in my mind without saying it out, that same day
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Lemmy123(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

These things happen to teenagers most of the time because of the adrenaline rush and youthful exuberance and raging hormones..

A full grown adult should define the relationship from the get go

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by babemo: 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2021
Okay
Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
A man who loves you will always show you where it's going, without you having to ask.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Dollish(f): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
That's true...a million dollar question that bring you to tracks. Don't be scared to ask the question.

5 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Who read that encyclopedia pls summarize

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Box18: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
A very important question,to checkmate each other commitments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Fabemo: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
A man who loves you will always show you where it's going, without you having to ask.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by SmartGadgetz: 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
Authoreety:
It's kinda important

Not important my brother.
Friendship or relationship no suppose to be rushed.
Take time to know and trust each other. Wetin go be go be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Blacksavage: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hmm! ThankGOD am even backing out cuz i discover she has multiple guys and she didn't want to be of help..useless hoes

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need To Ask The "Where Is This Relationship Going To?" Question by Havesomesense(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
My answer - Heading in the right direction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who says Hausa girls are not beautiful come and see the most beautiful h girls / Guys, What Is The Most Absurd Way Sex Happened For You? / Am I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.