Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do (6572 Views)

Just Got Myself A Brand New Phone...What Do You Think? / First Time Of Buying Xiaomi From A Xiaomi Rep Here And Got It Delivered To My do / First 5 Things You Should Do After Buying A Brand New Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
I got a new phone on sunday 17th October,2021.On getting the phone i read the palmphelt and noticed that my sim isnt supported by the phone.I finally got my sim upgraded to 4g by mtn after 6days of going there regularly due to the queue.Out of excitement i got home and started downloading apps like snapchat,facebook,whatsapp and instagram only for me to notice that the phone had faults: the graphic display was very poor,blurry pictures, when doing whatsapp video call more than half of the screen was foggy.To the extent that my infinix hot 5 that i have used for 4years is better than the xiaomi redmi note 10s(a phone that should be 6times better due to cost and equally in terms of specifications).So i called and returned the phone on sunday only for them to tell me to go back with the phone and return it on tuesday if it continues.I did that but before that i called and they noticed that the phone was actually faulty.Now my phone stayed in their store till tuesday the following week.They kept posting me telling me to come back today come back tomorrow.Now after it finally got to their service center i was told to wait another two weeks.This is a phone i havent even used instead of royalline technologies ltd to exchange the phone with a new one the story keeps changing.please everyone is it fair that am been given a faulty phone that is been repaired for a phone i havent even used which they know is faulty.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Dailymice: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nawa o
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by FactBoyz: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
That phone is more than 100k o! This can be painful o

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Kokocollinsk: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Nah wahooooo, this is a very sad experience, please what is the name of the store where you bought it from and location
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kokocollinsk:
Nah wahooooo, this is a very sad experience, please what is the name of the store where you bought it from and location
royalline technologies ltd in enugu
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Crossroad1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
Buy from a credible outlet next time..
All these I just enter game outlet, I no dey patronize them..
Nigerians will always blame people for not patronizing start ups, meanwhile most of these start ups lack integrity

13 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Crossroad1:
Nigerians will always blame people for not patronizing start ups, meanwhile most of these start ups lack integrity
my dear its not a roadside store,its in shoprite and shoprite wouldnt give them a space if they are not credible and thats even more surprising to me.There should be this level of confidence getting a phone from there but am disappointed that a faulty phone was sold to me.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 4:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
FactBoyz:
That phone is more than 100k o! This can be painful o
extremely painful
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Onyeka90210(m): 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ahn ahn, I thought transsion marketers have stopped using this style to bash xiaomi , it’s outdated please, account that was created today

36 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
Onyeka90210:
Ahn ahn, I thought transsion marketers have stopped using this style to bash xiaomi , it’s outdated please, account that was created today
this is not bashing i have full evidence it has nothing to do with whether an account was created today or not and there are people who would have experienced such.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
Onyeka90210:
Besides this is a forum where people are been heard and given advice on how to go about situations like this.It also calls the people in question to order.It may not be a phone,it could be other products, appliances or anything.People have had similar experiences.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by jikins(m): 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
Besides this is a forum where people are been heard and given advice on how to go about situations like this.It also calls the people in question to order.It may not be a phone,it could be other products, appliances or anything.People have had similar experiences.

It's obvious you bought a faulty phone from onset. Possibly the place you bought it from repackaged it for you. Shop dey shop rite nor mean say dem go sell original stuff.

11 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Onyeka90210(m): 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
this is not bashing i have full evidence it has nothing to do with whether an account was created today or not and there are people who would have experienced such.
Okay, upload the receipt from the store let me do my research on them, block sensitive information, will be wAiting.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by motionarena: 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Na to run away from redmi be that.

My take is redmi was an excellent brand before officially entering the Nigerian market.

I remember when i ordered the redmi 5 plus from alibaba still serves well till date.

But now they have entered Nigerian market and forced to mass produce they have resulted to sub standard products.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by motionarena: 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
I got a new phone on saturday 17th October,2021.On getting the phone i read the palmphelt and noticed that my sim isnt supported by the phone.I finally got my sim upgraded to 4g by mtn after 6days of going there regularly due to the queue.Out of excitement i got home and started downloading apps like snapchat,facebook,whatsapp and instagram only for me to notice that the phone had faults: the graphic display was very poor,blurry pictures, when doing whatsapp video call more than half of the screen was foggy.To the extent that my infinix hot 5 that i have used for 4years is better than the xiaomi redmi note 10s(a phone that should be 6times better due to cost and equally in terms of specifications).So i called and returned the phone on sunday only for them to tell me to go back with the phone and return it on tuesday if it continues.I did that but before that i called and they noticed that the phone was actually faulty.Now my phone stayed in their store till tuesday the following week.They kept posting me telling me to come back today come back tomorrow.Now after it finally got to their service center i was told to wait another two weeks.This is a phone i havent even used instead of royalline technologies ltd to exchange the phone with a new one the story keeps changing.please everyone is it fair that am been given a faulty phone that is been repaired for a phone i havent even used which they know is faulty.
That's d Nigerian market for you they will rather die than give you a new replacement.

Remember when i bought a tecno phone that developed fault the next day.

They refused a replacement and sent me to carl care

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Onyeka90210(m): 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
Yeah, but why bring up your infinix phone, I mean, you got a bad phone you got a bad phone, so technically your infinix would definitely be better than a bad phone, was just wondering why you would bring that up. It’s aight sha, guessing it’s a refurbished phone, you claim to be an OG NL member, but you didn’t patronize anyone selling on here, now you don go buy something else, How many months warranty was given?

7 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 7:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
jikins:

It's obvious you bought a faulty phone from onset. Possibly the place you bought it from repackaged it for you. Shop dey shop rite nor mean say dem go sell original stuff.
I am really surprised because i did not see it coming.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 7:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Onyeka90210:

Yeah, but why bring up your infinix phone, I mean, you got a bad phone you got a bad phone, so technically your infinix would definitely be better than a bad phone, was just wondering why you would bring that up. It’s aight sha, guessing it’s a refurbished phone, you claim to be an OG NL member, but you didn’t patronize anyone selling on here, now you don go buy something else, How many months warranty was given?
Its always a year warranty
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by 9japarts: 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
I got a new phone on saturday 17th October,2021.On getting the phone i read the palmphelt and noticed that my sim isnt supported by the phone.I finally got my sim upgraded to 4g by mtn after 6days of going there regularly due to the queue.Out of excitement i got home and started downloading apps like snapchat,facebook,whatsapp and did that but before that i called and they noticed that the phone was actually for a phone i havent even used which they know is faulty.

Got the same phone, and I am not impressed.

Very terrible device.

Hangs calls. Screen becomes blurry for no reason, and almost everything you complained here.

Bought it for 127k. Money I could have used to buy other brands with better quality. Got fooled by all this paid advert off how great xiaomi is. Obviously not so great.

Unlike you, I don't have the strength to be going around fixing what should not have been sold in the first place. Bad buy

7 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Semaj77(m): 8:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
Swisschi:
Its always a year warranty

Please post your receipt and IMEI , I may be able to help you. You can send a pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Samcoflex75(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Onyeka90210:

What's even your problem, you be infinix marketing manager, na wa o, so petty

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by linesng: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2021
9japarts:

Very terrible device.

Hangs calls. Screen becomes blurry for no reason, and almost everything you complained here.

Bought it for 127k. Money I could have used to buy other brands with better quality. Got fooled by all this paid advert off how great xiaomi is. Obviously not so great.

Unlike you, I don't have the strength to be pgoing around fixing what should not have been sold in the first place. Bad buy

I had similar issue with the phone would have gone for Nokia x series

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by davidhandsome: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
9japarts:

Very terrible device.

Unlike you, I don't have the strength to be going around fixing what should not have been sold in the first place. Bad buy
You are very correct.
Especially on the hanging of calls part.

Most times, when a call comes in, the phone freezes for 3_6 seconds which is quite irritating.
You won't get to see the caller ID and all but you would feel the phone vibrating.

For a 6gig ram phone, it is clearly a let down.

I also guess it might be an OS problem.

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Time registered, November 17,

continue

oldest trick of a transsion marketer.

now we should be expecting another bloke idiot to say something like, "my infinix doesnt do that" or i shouldve just get tecno phantom x undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by flokii: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2021
@OP Are you sure it's not a refurbished phone they sold to you?

If you go on ebay, you'd see the phones clearly marked as refurbished (either by manufacturer or seller).. so it's left for you to choose but Nigerians now stock the much cheaper refurbished phones to sell at the price of new ones.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Semaj77:

Please post your receipt and IMEI , I may be able to help you. You can send a pm
Audio receipt. grin

dont even bother about imei, that guys a transsion mole.

5 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2021
You see that Redmi, I've learnt my lesson. I won't go near them again. I bought Redmi 9c; used it for 2days and the phone went off. I took it to the service centre and got another one after a month. I used the new one for two weeks and the same thing happened. I took it back but this time around, they won't give a new one but repair it. I just left the place and bought Infinix 10play.

I received a call last week that it has been repaired but I haven't gone there. You just have to wait.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
Crossroad1:
It has nothing to do with where you bought the phone. I bought my 9c in a reputable outlet but the experience broke my heart
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by nani667: 10:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bugs as usual °°
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
skywalker240:

Audio receipt. grin

dont even bother about imei, that guys a transsion mole.

Are you being serious right now? I was happy with the review of Redmi 8 and when I didn't get it, I bought 9c but the experience is something else.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 10:31pm On Nov 17, 2021
9japarts:

Very terrible device.

this kind of thing is weakening
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
motionarena:

That's d Nigerian market for you they will rather die than give you a new replacement.

Remember when i bought a tecno phone that developed fault the next day.

They refused a replacement and sent me to carl care
which is totally wrong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 / Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem / << Vivo X20 Vs Asus Zenfone 5 >>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.