Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,194 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do (6631 Views)

Just Got Myself A Brand New Phone...What Do You Think? / First Time Of Buying Xiaomi From A Xiaomi Rep Here And Got It Delivered To My do / First 5 Things You Should Do After Buying A Brand New Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
motionarena:
Na to run away from redmi be that.

My take is redmi was an excellent brand before officially entering the Nigerian market.

I remember when i ordered the redmi 5 plus from alibaba still serves well till date.

But now they have entered Nigerian market and forced to mass produce they have resulted to sub standard products.
hmmm
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by sureinfo: 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
This thing can be really frustrating, that's why I insist on buying original products that will stand the taste of time, an example is the Oraimo Freepod 3 earbuds, the whole design and output just makes it a masterpiece.

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by CreepyBlackpool: 11:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
still waiting for you to post that receipt sha....

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Semaj77(m): 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
skywalker240:

Audio receipt. grin

dont even bother about imei, that guys a transsion mole.

You can't be so sure , anyways if he/she can provide it I know someone who can help him/her immediately
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 18, 2021
I don't know if Op is saying the truth..
But if you're looking to buy a Redmi phone.. don't buy Cause of the hype you see on nairaland.... Most won't tell you the truth, just like every other phone, it's not perfect. For your sanity or peace of mind, better buy a Samsung phone , or iPhone. I don talk my own sha

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by femi4: 5:20am On Nov 18, 2021
Swisschi:
I got a new phone on saturday 17th October,2021.On getting the phone i read the palmphelt and noticed that my sim isnt supported by the phone.I finally got my sim upgraded to 4g by mtn after 6days of going there regularly due to the queue.Out of excitement i got home and started downloading apps like snapchat,facebook,whatsapp and instagram only for me to notice that the phone had faults: the graphic display was very poor,blurry pictures, when doing whatsapp video call more than half of the screen was foggy.To the extent that my infinix hot 5 that i have used for 4years is better than the xiaomi redmi note 10s(a phone that should be 6times better due to cost and equally in terms of specifications).So i called and returned the phone on sunday only for them to tell me to go back with the phone and return it on tuesday if it continues.I did that but before that i called and they noticed that the phone was actually faulty.Now my phone stayed in their store till tuesday the following week.They kept posting me telling me to come back today come back tomorrow.Now after it finally got to their service center i was told to wait another two weeks.This is a phone i havent even used instead of royalline technologies ltd to exchange the phone with a new one the story keeps changing.please everyone is it fair that am been given a faulty phone that is been repaired for a phone i havent even used which they know is faulty.
Go there with a soldier...they LL return your money or give you a new phone
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 5:24am On Nov 18, 2021
Semaj77:

You can't be so sure , anyways if he/she can provide it I know someone who can help him/her immediately
dont be deceived, there is no receipt, the thread has entered page 2 and yet the so called complainant has not posted the receipt yet, but he replies mentions.

I know a tecno or infinix marketer when i see one. cool

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 5:29am On Nov 18, 2021
Paulpaulpaul:

Are you being serious right now? I was happy with the review of Redmi 8 and when I didn't get it, I bought 9c but the experience is something else.
Every body knows the 9c is just like the 2006 honda accord notorious for its "honda supprise" using that to judge an entire brand is dead silly.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by sunshineV(f): 8:35am On Nov 18, 2021
skywalker240:

dont be deceived, there is no receipt, the thread has entered page 2 and yet the so called complainant has not posted the receipt yet, but he replies mentions.

I know a tecno or infinix marketer when i see one. cool
we still dey wait for receipt boss grin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by YourFavorite21(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2021
Samsung is the only brand I trust, sorry about the ugly experience sha.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by 9japarts: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2021
Swisschi:
this kind of thing is weakening

It is. Bought it because of the ram and camera. To shoot videos.

The phone would not even record a 15 minutes video before overheating. It is designed and coupled by the devil himself. Sadly it is my first xiaomi device, and they welcomed me with this nonsense.

Normally, in saner climes, you should be able to return products you are not pleased with, with full refund with no questions asked. But anything naija is always not sane, they will frustrate you, till you wish you never initiated the return.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by KirkoBlack: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2021
I don’t know about all these recent xiaomi phones but when Redmi note 4x came out; I bought it and the experience made go for note 7, and that also served me well before selling it off to buy an iPhone. The overall experience experience is very good. You probably bought a refurbished phone.

I just sold my laptop I bought from shop rite that I’ve been using for a year. The person I sold it for is also a nairalander and he told me that they were some tapes n screws loose inside the laptop that it’s all this Nigerian tape o… I didnt believe at first because I was telling him I bought this machine brand new at shoprite at a ridiculous price that it’s impossible. He just told me that I shouldn’t worry that he already fixed the problem that even though I bought it from shoprite it doesn’t mean it not a repackaged item. Though he didn’t show proof but i believe him nevertheless

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Average9jaman: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2021
Please I need recommendations for a good new phone, for a budget of 100k. My sister in law wants me to accompany her to buy 1 today. Please which good phone can we buy at that price range. Thanks
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by KirkoBlack: 10:16am On Nov 18, 2021
Average9jaman:
Please I need recommendations for a good new phone, for a budget of 100k. My sister in law wants me to accompany her to buy 1 today. Please which good phone can we buy at that price range. Thanks

Samsung a22

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Average9jaman: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2021
KirkoBlack:

Samsung a22

OK thanks, pls how much is it
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Average9jaman: 10:28am On Nov 18, 2021
KirkoBlack:

Samsung a22

Thanks for the input, how much is it pls
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by angelfallz(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2021
Didn't they power on the phone for you when you bought it?
Swisschi:
I got a new phone on saturday 17th October,2021.On getting the phone i read the palmphelt and noticed that my sim isnt supported by the phone.I finally got my sim upgraded to 4g by mtn after 6days of going there regularly due to the queue.Out of excitement i got home and started downloading apps like snapchat,facebook,whatsapp and instagram only for me to notice that the phone had faults: the graphic display was very poor,blurry pictures, when doing whatsapp video call more than half of the screen was foggy.To the extent that my infinix hot 5 that i have used for 4years is better than the xiaomi redmi note 10s(a phone that should be 6times better due to cost and equally in terms of specifications).So i called and returned the phone on sunday only for them to tell me to go back with the phone and return it on tuesday if it continues.I did that but before that i called and they noticed that the phone was actually faulty.Now my phone stayed in their store till tuesday the following week.They kept posting me telling me to come back today come back tomorrow.Now after it finally got to their service center i was told to wait another two weeks.This is a phone i havent even used instead of royalline technologies ltd to exchange the phone with a new one the story keeps changing.please everyone is it fair that am been given a faulty phone that is been repaired for a phone i havent even used which they know is faulty.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
CreepyBlackpool:
still waiting for you to post that receipt sha....

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
sunshineV:
please address me properly am a she not he and the receipt you asked for has been uploaded.you should research properly before making negative remarks and promoting fraud
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Semaj77:

please do i already provided it
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by sunshineV(f): 1:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
Swisschi:
please address me properly am a she not he and the receipt you asked for has been uploaded.you should research properly before making negative remarks and promoting fraud
Okay. na only "boss" be he? ori e ti gbale ma. anyways, sell the phone and buy oraimo freepod
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by AREWAELENU: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Abi dem dey do Nigerians wickedness thinking we go manage their nonsense angry
motionarena:
Na to run away from redmi be that.

My take is redmi was an excellent brand before officially entering the Nigerian market.

I remember when i ordered the redmi 5 plus from alibaba still serves well till date.

But now they have entered Nigerian market and forced to mass produce they have resulted to sub standard products.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by KirkoBlack: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Average9jaman:

Thanks for the input, how much is it pls

Is should be between 100k to 110k

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Les: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
Crossroad1:
Buy from a credible outlet next time..
All these I just enter game outlet, I no dey patronize them..
Nigerians will always blame people for not patronizing start ups, meanwhile most of these start ups lack integrity
Royalline is quiet reputable, I planned buying phone from them soon, just changed my mind cos of this post.

Thank you for the review, Op.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by AgentNnamdi: 3:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sure, Redmi phone is overrated. I use one as advised by some Nairanders. But, I am wholly convinced that it is better than Tecno phones.

I think it's hard for Retailers to give an end-user a new phone after 2 days. Sorry for your loss. Besides, they are trying to give you a repaired product.

My Redmi phone came with a malfunction. I was bluntly told by Fine Brothers Rep that in case of malfunctioning after 1 day, he will send it to Lagos. I refused to take back the phone.

My Redmi Note 9s will develop a speaker malfunction after long use with either a Bluetooth headset or wired earphones. I must not use an earpiece with it for a long period.
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Paulpaulpaul(m): 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
skywalker240:

Every body knows the 9c is just like the 2006 honda accord notorious for its "honda supprise" using that to judge an entire brand is dead silly.

There is no civility in your response, learn to be sensible and objective.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Cheezzyy: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Xiaomi don dey under perform, their users keep complaining, omo
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by Swisschi: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
9japarts:

It is. Bought it because of the ram and camera. To shoot videos.

The phone would not even record a 15 minutes video before overheating. It is designed and coupled by the devil himself. Sadly it is my first xiaomi device, and they welcomed me with this nonsense.

Normally, in saner climes, you should be able to return products you are not pleased with, with full refund with no questions asked. But anything naija is always not sane, they will frustrate you, till you wish you never initiated the return.

same reason i did
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by 9japarts: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Swisschi:
same reason i did

While charging, it will disconnect, then start charging again, the phone acts like it is possessed by an evil spirit l. I just tire for the phone. This kind buhari regime.

I just laugh at people insinuating you bought a refurbished phone. It is Redmi 10s. Phone that was launched in March 2021.

If they want to grant any succour, I just want a refund. Not another device, they are all riddled with problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2021
sunshineV:
grin
Re: My Terrible Experience After Buying Xiaomi Redmi Note 10s Phone What Should I Do by skywalker240(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Paulpaulpaul:

There is no civility in your response, learn to be sensible and objective.
it wasnt my fault sir, that you were not sensible enough to decode the civil response objectively. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motorola Moto G Users, Lets Meet In Here / Ntel Wawu SIM Bonus Offer Still On, Get 23GB Of Data For Just N1000 / Blackberry Evolve X And Evolve First Look: Price, Specs & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.