Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? (16303 Views)

How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? / How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by SimpleGuy001: 6:46am On Dec 13, 2021
pstmikol1:

Good evening sir, please am a final year student of accounting, I am currently stuck on my project, please Sir help me with your project material to serve as a guide for me and possibly I may use your project topic but with some adjustment and everything will be change. Please I don't have anyone to do it for me, I know no one, please because of God help me since our school is different, it will serve as a guide for me or any other help you can render please. I pray for God's mercy in your service year. Thank you

Send your email
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Uniqueaccountant(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2021
Good morning. I need help with someone to endorse for registration form. I am on the Island of Lagos; they said my referee must be present physically
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

Send your email
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by cigie(m): 6:48am On Jan 14, 2022
OkCornel:
That reminds me, if you know any chartered accountant currently practicing audit in the big four, BDO, Mazars, Grant Thornton seeking opportunities in the UK. The UK offices of these firms are recruiting for experienced hires from Assistant Manager to Senior Manager roles.

Pathway to UK citizenship in 6 years.

And yes, ICAN certification is accepted especially now there’s a pathway to convert to ICAEW

What about someone ready to relocate to the UK using education route then converting from ICAN to ICAEW, can the person get jobs in the UK?
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Covenant97(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
How sir? Any workable strategy to apply when writing ICAN exam would be appreciated.
A lot of my peeps keep telling me the rate difficulty attributed to ICAN exam is overrated. But then I need a workable plan like how to study each subject, how many past questions I should attempt for each subjects etc
Naijabad:
I wouldn't have been where I am today without ICAN.

After qualification, make sure you add some skills relevant to accounting such as excel skill, Sound knowledge of IFRS, Good knowledge of Nigerian tax laws and how to defend tax position, Knowledge of international finance, know how to recover excess bank charges from dubious banks (because 90% of Nigerian Banks are dubious), etc.

If you are good at the above, you will consult for other companies aside your primary place of employment.

What I have earned from side hustle is far more than what I currently earn per month, all thanks to FCA after my name.

As per difficulty, ICAN of today is one of the easiest exams any slowpoke can pass.
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Covenant97(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
So what profession would u advice one to go? And what advice would you give to an undergraduate accounting student who is in his finals but haven’t yet started ICAN exams but has lost desire for the profession...
blank:

It's only lucrative for those working in a Big 4 firm and that's just to give you a boost to get a higher paying job eventually.

If you have plans to relocate, you can use it (ACCA) to get exemptions when converting to whatever country's CA.

Like any other profession, it's not that lucrative and so stressful to acquire.

I'm a chartered accountant but will not advise my kids to go into it not like they would listen. I didn't listen to my dad. It's a bloodsucking profession.
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Covenant97(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
Good day sir..if I got your assertion right, are you saying for one to be eligible to work in the UK with ICAN qualification, one must first register with ICAEW. And if yes can one who didn’t register with ICAEW before possessing ICAN qualification work in the UK as well?
FemiZets:

Of course, you can get a job in UK but you must first register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) signed a Pathway MOU Agreement with The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) on May 10, 2018. Under this Agreement, ICAN members may apply to become members of ICAEW with or without writing further examinations. My advice is for whoever to first register with ICAEW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter / Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? / 10 Things You Can Do To Advance Your Career To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.