Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge (49169 Views)

If Wizkid Were The One Who Did The ₦1 Million Challenge (An Opinion) / Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer / Adedeji Adeleke Dances To Davido's 1 Milli Song Inside His Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by foreshore(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
LesbianBoy:
Rich Nigerians prefer donating to their fellow rich Nigerians than the poor

How many of the people did you see donate to davido has done giveaway on their page or you heard they gave someone money offline? Dem no plenty but they were so quick to donate to davido because he is rich and famous. Nigerians grin grin

Nigerians are bored and would look for anything to get entertained

When something is trending online whether its protest issue or politics, i always tell people around me that they should not get carried away with how passionate Nigerians are sounding especially online o. Just give them some days and they would jump on another matter and that is what happened. I mean, days ago we were talking about the report that was submitted to governor sanwo olu by the panel on social media, radio stations, tv staions etc and boom.....next everyone is talking about davido challenge. That's why i laugh when people bring their personal matter online thinking Nigerians care. They don't! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 million no be big money again o

Back in the days 1 million and above was big money and not many young people had it and even if they had it, they won't give it out easily because it would "shake" their account. See what happened yesterday, 1 million just dey fly around e come be like 1k angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerians are eye service or what i call "Make e no be like say" kinda people

If you know Nigerians well especially celebrities, you will know we have this kinda mentality and really don't care. So davido and others getting carried away should not be deceived. Many of the people that donated did so not because they too love davido, but because they have seen celebrity A donate, Celebrity B donate, Celebrity C donate and so on and they too would donate "make e no be like say" i no donate too. Same thing they do when it comes to protest or when any "overnight" social media celebrity trending and who is receiving help from people online.

Many of the people that donated did so to promote their business

Some of them noticed that davido was tagging those that donated to him on his IG story, which would be viewed by thousands of people on the ON A NORMAL DAY not to talk of on a day where davido is trending so they quickly donated too. If you look at davido's IG story you will notice that some of them used their business account. No businessman would use his business account for giveaway.....na personal money dem dey use on a normal day. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Obviously the guy is broke

1 Like

Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Midex88(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
Have not seen the nairaland chief scammer slawomir for some time. tongue cry kiss undecided
Efcc, Icpc and Swat don nab him. grin grin angry cool
Good development.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Realhommie(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Deborah98:
All I can say is be a man of value. Package and represent well. People didn't give him because they wanted to show off, they gave because davido is a giver just like Don jazzy. I'm sure of these two. Giving is an act. Na who get heart of giving dey give.
They gave because David is a noisemaker, Lol...
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by bilulu(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Deborah98:
All I can say is be a man of value. Package and represent well. People didn't give him because they wanted to show off, they gave because davido is a giver just like Don jazzy. I'm sure of these two. Giving is an act. Na who get heart of giving dey give.
OP is 100% right, imagine Buhari announce same thing, within minutes billions will be deposited not because he's loved but because of what they can get in return and show off
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Ofadaman(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
dopesidez:

But I doubt if wizkid would be able to get people send him money as much as this, davido is quite likeable too

Wizkid should get more.tjan this...
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by mvem(m): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
wizard01:

OP be forming ANALYSIS on another person's furtune, dont go and make your own money.
your view is that or most Nigerians ...it says a lot
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Bamzyriches451: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
You aren't far from the truth
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Iamolukorede(m): 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
mediainc:

It's same as giving to rich Pastors and clerics.

You don't jus open position and say it's thesame as given to pastors or cleric, state your points and reason then we can talk ..
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by seyz91(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
Be more of a giving person than a receiving one

Davido as we all know is very giving and helps alot, when you give, you seem to get back multiple folds

need i remind you of the saying "no be who get money dey give, na who dey give dey give"
LesbianBoy:

How many of the people did you see donate to davido has done giveaway on their page or you heard they gave someone money offline? Dem no plenty but they were so quick to donate to davido because he is rich and famous. Nigerians grin grin

When something is trending online whether its protest issue or politics, i always tell people around me that they should not get carried away with how passionate Nigerians are sounding especially online o. Just give them some days and they would jump on another matter and that is what happened. I mean, days ago we were talking about the report that was submitted to governor sanwo olu by the panel on social media, radio stations, tv staions etc and boom.....next everyone is talking about davido challenge. That's why i laugh when people bring their personal matter online thinking Nigerians care. They don't! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Back in the days 1 million and above was big money and not many young people had it and even if they had it, they won't give it out easily because it would "shake" their account. See what happened yesterday, 1 million just dey fly around e come be like 1k angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

If you know Nigerians well especially celebrities, you will know we have this kinda mentality and really don't care. So davido and others getting carried away should not be deceived. Many of the people that donated did so not because they too love davido, but because they have seen celebrity A donate, Celebrity B donate, Celebrity C donate and so on and they too would donate "make e no be like say" i no donate too. Same thing they do when it comes to protest or when any "overnight" social media celebrity trending and who is receiving help from people online.

Some of them noticed that davido was tagging those that donated to him on his IG story, which would be viewed by thousands of people on the ON A NORMAL DAY not to talk of on a day where davido is trending so they quickly donated too. If you look at davido's IG story you will notice that some of them used their business account. No businessman would use his business account for giveaway.....na personal money dem dey use on a normal day. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by seyz91(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
confirm!
phorget:
The truth be say people go invest for where dem go benefit.
If nobody gree to do anything for you then that means say dem never see anything wey dem go fit benefit from you.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by seyz91(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy
mytime24:
Oya nLders make una start to dey donate for me, my own na small change

Just 100-100k grin cheesy
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by FWESHVEIN(m): 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2021
Klchnjoku:
Nigerians are mentally poor so it comes as no surprise to me.

OP watch as some people will start labelling you a poor person, an hater who is jealous of rich people.

No they didn't give him because he's a giver, they gave him because they can get something in return from him now or later.

Most of those people are only there for clout and to impress him, they don't really love him, they aren't his real friends.

Like the Yoruba's will say "Owo epo laye n bani la."

If Davido has no value to give in return those people won't even look at his side.

You've just said it all!
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by suffering: 8:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Poor people are ingrates. I will say it without doubt. If I donate to Davido he can pay back threefold. My hopeless security guard is yet to pay the five thousand naira I loaned him almost six months ago. This is wickedness of the highest form as any person with a considerate heart would inconvenience him/herself in order to avoid someone looking down on them. He is one of many.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Gainman: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Before these celebrities can give u giveaway on tweeter or Instagram. They will be asking u stupid question or making u to almost finish your data.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by jimcaddy(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
You're right. Some just did so that it won't be like they didn't or so they won't look like they are broke. Meanwhile if you ask them privately for money that you genuinely need it, they won't give because no one will see that they give. We love show off in Nigeria. It's a shame Sha. But David deserved it...
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Codes151(m): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
I sent davido 500k for his birthday.

If you need cash do it on naira land. Stop typing shit
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by timesup234: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
staga:

That snapshot is the thinking of fools. The reason why the West is more advanced than Africa is that Africans think money is everything.

The West knows that education drives innovation, which drives products that have mass appeal and then drive in the money.

Africa will forever remain slaves to the West and it is a mindset thing. Even where I live, the whites are obviously in control of the economy.
You know nothing about the west. The west don't give a fvck about education. Destruction, pillage and exploitation is their trademark. The US. economy is backed by military aggression. Without cowboy barbarian destruction across the globe the US. economy will collapse. American imperialism won't survive a second if it doesn't kill a day. All those education drives innovation are rubbish talk used to brainwashed people to keep them in check in a slavery and compliance mode
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
MadamVanessa:
With the way and manner the Idiotic dullard, incoherent bastard, uselessss vagabond terrrorist, old senile fool is destroying our economy, how will One million be something? God punish the fool.

Easy madame! It is well! The world now looks at everybody in this country as a fool by voting in a terrorist not knowing that most of us ain't part of it.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by timesup234: 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2021
Forget giving, it doesn't solve anything. NGO's are western spies and reactionaries. Money and property should be abolished. Nobody should have the right to own property or money
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by mkpurummiri: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
But why didn't Alex donate upon all the millions upon millions wey im don collect from Maduka...?

Be like say this Alex and obiakpor na 5 & 6?

Chai.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Henrychino(m): 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2021
Them no see those in hospital or been on TV asking for #1million or #2m for kidney transplant
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by iamrealdeji(m): 12:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Deborah98:
if hes a giver,he should donate everything to charity like American celebs. Because if poor people begged these people that donated for years,they wont get a dime

1 Like

Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by iamrealdeji(m): 12:56am On Nov 19, 2021
suffering:
Poor people are ingrates. I will say it without doubt. If I donate to Davido he can pay back threefold. My hopeless security guard is yet to pay the five thousand naira I loaned him almost six months ago. This is wickedness of the highest form as any person with a considerate heart would inconvenience him/herself in order to avoid someone looking down on them. He is one of many.
Typical African mentality. Africans are extremely proud and always think they are better than others. People like you are behind backwardness in Africa where. So the orphans and homeless are ingrates because they are poor and wont reciprocate your favor? Your heart is too dark

1 Like

Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by NessFortunate: 1:56am On Nov 19, 2021
olar2g:
No be lie, I did similar video my guys just dey like video������
them even like your video. Am happy for you. Mine circle go look the other way. Unfollow the post, hide the post facebook post i mean. #hypocrisy
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Johel(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2021
LesbianBoy:

You are right jor....all Na eyeservice...some of dem do am to show that they aint broke,some did it so they will have something to say when Davido's name pops up..1m Na small money,but if u gimme Omo e go change many things sha o grin grin grin

The rich gets richer cos everyone Wana get attached to the rich....what's a poor man's hope??
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Teleprompter(f): 5:44am On Nov 19, 2021
You may say Davido is rich and famous but we have heard of many times that he has been generous.

If the rich like giving to each other, I don't think it is bad. Some so called poor people are very wicked and selfish at heart and add no value to those around them while some so called rich people have a lot to offer morally and intellectually if not even financially.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by BABANGBALI: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2021
Deborah98:
unlike seun, mynd44, lalasticlala and co wey be super glue. I’ve been on nairaland since 1961, Seun never give person shi shi except banning
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Handsnigga: 6:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Ofadaman:
Everyone is selfish and will only throw money anywhere they can get value. Money has no sympathy it will not go to him that begs or cries or prays the most, it will only go to the person who can provide value.

Whether you're good or bad doesn't matter as long as you provide value people will throw money at you, and it absolutely has nothing to do with Davido being a giver or helper.

Know this and know truth.
Thank you. You just nailed it.
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by RALPHOW(m): 9:06am On Nov 19, 2021
I think you are wrong.
Yoruba Ni Ariseni Arika!!
Am not a fan of New Singers, but what I appreciate is that Davido requested from people whom he had been a BLESSING UNTO THEIR LIVES, and the response is overwhelming.
It's simply means that Davido is not a selfish man
The question you and I needs to ask ourselves is how many people have you and I blessed?
Re: What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge by Theicecode(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
May God punish Davido if he does not marry Chioma
Mynd44, justwise, lalasticlala, seun Rule 2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yomi Casual And His Fiancee, Faith Dope In New Picture / Iceberg Slim Sparks Dating Rumours With Another Lady / Regina Daniels Gushes Over Her Son, Prince Munir Ned Nwoko (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.