Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (47229 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2021
Godada:

Not in all cases.

It can be all.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2021
NarcissistKing:

The guy should carry his cross and deal with it. grin

I de pity de guy man.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2021
NarcissistKing:

The guy should carry his cross and deal with it. grin

I de pity de guy man. N dis kind man no fit divorce bcus him no get money. Na to run we de call am
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by crossfire47(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2021
donbachi:
"I could not sleep the whole night"... My brother,nothing kills a man like pre- dawn(counting ceiling) while others are sleeping.dont allow her to kill you with her pressures.,.she done carry the business money dey wear turkey tops.

Guys should avoid (I will manage with you) kind of women.every woman na material being.dem like good things and naso GOD create dem.

Well Said.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by AgentGoat: 10:47am On Nov 19, 2021
phorget:
Make una no marry liability una no go hear...
Why should I be the one to set up a lady? What has her parents been doing? And such parents will still expect me to pay bride price o.

Na so bro. Person collect loan do business for you and sacrifice his professional exams. She still dey complain. Before you know it she might start comparing him with his friends husband. Guys make una no dey marry woman wey no get work. what has she being doing with her life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Ibrochaka(m): 10:48am On Nov 19, 2021
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story. I wish i can hear what your wife have to say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.
the IBIBIO girl
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by authority2006(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2021
phorget:
Why should I be the one to set up a lady? What has her parents been doing? And such parents will still expect me to pay bride price o.

What you do for your wife, you're doing it for your family and that includes you.

"Basically, we mostly feed from the business."
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by authority2006(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Please I need your advice.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.

This is where something went wrong. How could you be feeding from the two months old business you set up for your wife?
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Oyiboman69: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2021
SavageBoy:

Can we also call the nonsense you just typed advice too

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

That business is not making profit.

Even N10,000 weekly profit will have a positive change on your finances.

Does your wife keep records ? What was her profit on the business for the past 2 months ?
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by NarcissistKing(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2021
vickydevoka:

I de pity de guy man. N dis kind man no fit divorce bcus him no get money. Na to run we de call am

Lol

It's even a year old marriage. He should just endure and double up his hustle.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by senoreetah(f): 11:03am On Nov 19, 2021
[quote author=distinguish post=107755650]We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last

Hmmmm why rejecting the food you gave her money to prepare?]
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 19, 2021
Davash222:

A man will kneel and beg a woman to marry him
Same man will still pay bride price
Same man will still train and set up the woman

Just for procreation

We need to revisit and readjust some ethics in this institution called marriage.

We have been warning men to stop kneeling down to ask for women hands in marriage.

Only the stupid ones still do that.

Inviting expenses on oneself, and still being beggarly about it is GROSS STUPIDITY.

No woman will reject a marriage proposal unless the man doesn't fit her spec. Why kneel down ??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by eguarojeona: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2021
The advice i would have given you would have been dont marry a liability. But its too late now.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Valuc: 11:10am On Nov 19, 2021
Op stop to dey put money for the business.. use ur money dey take care of other things .. any proceed for the business make she puttam back for the business ...
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vince96w2(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

Your mental health matters. You have to ignore some of these things women say. You made a boss move by opening the business for her.And you are a good husband.you are not incompetent. Many men ur age have not married and are still living in their parents house. Besides Your wife is an adult and should also be able to contribute..which one is ur not taking care of her? You are to take care of each other..can Okonjo Iweala , ibukun Awosikan, make such statements? Are they not women?..As the head u guys need a very good ,firm and matured discussion. You are a team and not into competition with anyone else...
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by tollyboy5(m): 11:14am On Nov 19, 2021
donbachi:
"I could not sleep the whole night"... My brother,nothing kills a man like pre- dawn(counting ceiling) while others are sleeping.dont allow her to kill you with her pressures.,.she done carry the business money dey wear turkey tops.

Guys should avoid (I will manage with you) kind of women.every woman na material being.dem like good things and naso GOD create dem.
But na little fit work for am.
I've seen a lot of ladies I can't marry, still looking for one I can even manage so scarce
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ednut1(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2021
That gender most times dey ungrateful
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by tollyboy5(m): 11:25am On Nov 19, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The truth is a business that started 2months ago had not grown enough for you to start eating from it. It will run down in a week. Remember each time one goes to the market to restock, prices of goods are never the same. The amount you buy vegetable oil today is not the same amount you will buy it next week. Which means even with the little profit you thought you made, you will still not have enough to restock talk.more or buying extra things for the house. Someone who's starting a business for the first time will find it very hard to make it because the business is still in it's infant stage.
Your wife knows what's she's experiencing and you should understand with her. If you people eat off the 2montjs old business, then be rest assured it will close down soon and that's why your wife is seeing. Things are really hard.
She's jobless and ungrateful to me. Who is paying for the loan?
Who opened the business?
Who is the real owner of the business?
If the business crashes who will fix it?
Was she jobless b4 she married?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by KillamanJoe: 11:42am On Nov 19, 2021
She has made sacrifices for me too. she even assisted me when i wanted to buy my first car back then. If you find the right lady, you will enjoy life and those things that you are seeing as work and sacrifice will be nothing.
Excel70:
.. omooh all this work and sacrifice for a woman.. nothing for a man in marriage
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by AgricMaster: 11:48am On Nov 19, 2021
silvoclaira:
@Op I feel for you and the family. Things are really expensive out here and money nor reach.

https://www.nairaland.com/6853192/inflation-women-please-pity-husbands

Please just take it easy on your wife. The pressure on you is the same kind of pressure on her too.

Things are really hard this times in Nigeria, so we only have to be patient and try absorbing all the shocks okay.

I believe you are a good man, your wife is a good woman.

If She is into business which is a daily thing so, she should know how tough things are today and you both can work it out better. You both should have a honest discussion of what is on ground today.

Lastly try and be in your best mind and shape, eat food. Take care of yourself and be healthy.

hey
just saw this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular NAIRALAND FORUM. It is free and quick. Over N2,000,000 in prizes have been given out to active posters on the forum. Additional giveaways are planned as time goes. Thank you

are you for real or are you learning to become lia Moha...........
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Chookym(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Family pressures are always there. Be more tolerant. Women are emotional, so they pour it out on u based on their emotion as at the time. As a man dont take all yr wife tells u to heart if u want to live long. No
matter how angry u are , eat yr food,na yr money. The biz is still young, dont feed from it for now until 1 year or so when it might have stood strong.
Learn to reassure yr wife of yr love for her and u meant well. Be rest assure she also loves u , not minding d words u heard her say.
Most times when women talk like this in mariage, what they need is reassurance and to build their confidence. They actually kmw how far u are trying for them , but may not admit it in yr presence. God will help u

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Hyper80(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2021
You can never satisfy that gender. Just do your best and rest

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by MrCuteking(m): 11:50am On Nov 19, 2021
phorget:

Most women are gold diggers. They won't work. They find it difficult to ask their parents that brought them to this world yet if you see the confidence they have when asking their boyfriends directly or indirectly as if its a rule.

I reacted to this and quoted you because I am about to dump my girl friend who just told me to help her start a new business. She said she is bored at home. The same girl wouldn't have dated me if I had nothing. That was why I call most women gold diggers.

Dump their ass, they will say you used and dumped them. The truth is, men truly want to stay in relationships but toxicity wouldn't allow us.

I guess it should be a rule to get a girl who either works or has her own legit business. Cause this is exactly what they want from us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by haakeem2(m): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Pataricatering:
that your mouth will bend by the special grace of God . Silly woman hater! Na people like you go dey complain say feminist hate men yet see the rubbish coming out of your mouth ? E nor reach make them hate you when you vomit nonsense like this out of your mouth .
shut up mammm,i said they are useless ''sometimes'' or is the English that hard to understand?
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by haakeem2(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2021
flokii:

The problem there is that his job and productivity at work will be affected in one way or the other.. for him to bring it to the forum for advise means he is really disturbed over the issue.

A guy can stay for years as bachelor without issue but when a woman comes into the picture, he starts to lose sleep, inner peace and eventually gets tired and frustrated with life.
You nailed it bro....
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by mmadu5(m): 11:56am On Nov 19, 2021
rajiedreez:
There's always little or no preparation from couples before going into marriage lately. Women tend to still be used to the dating days ideas when going into marriage and men thinks that the woman should automatically adjust her reasoning since she's now married. It take two to tango. The way you toast her when she wanted to be your girlfriend, you'll need to do another toasting when you intend to take as your wife. Both of you should be realistic enough to be prepared about the next face of the relationship

You talk like an idiot . With the way the world is moving who has time for that . Life is hard
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Elsueno: 11:59am On Nov 19, 2021
uuzba:

Is it not the man that use his prick to go and find the girl and marry?
She dey on her own dey manage herself and the man said, I must marry you.
You don marry now and you no get money to finance the woman.
The woman is complaining about you. And you are angry and complaining that she is complaining about you!
Abeg, go and look for work and money.
Once those are got, all these complaints will stop.

Not married......but almost all the married people can't be complaining of same shyt.... probably SIMple men like u are the cause of these issues grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Advancedman(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

You married calamity it's better conception don't come now until you straighten your family life.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by khreus(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

Been married for only a year but you’ve being experiencing this.

Never ever invest on a woman including your wife at the expense of yourself. It mostly ends in tears

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by rajiedreez: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
mmadu5:

You talk like an idiot . With the way the world is moving who has time for that . Life is hard
hmmm, that you're an idiot doesn't mean that every other person is an idiot too. Mind you I did it and I've been married for almost 10 years now. And I can tell you that that honest conversation I had with my wife before we married worked out for good.
No be everybody no get sense like u. Ajegbodo tonwa enikunra.
Try dey date babe wey get sense pass you since you don't have sense.
Shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Girl Confesses That Her Mother Gave Her Rat Poison To Put In Her Father's Food / My Husband Has Gone To See His Side Chick's Mother / Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.