Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (47234 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by KillamanJoe: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
I feel for you my brother. That’s why I advise my friends not to rush into marriage if you cannot comfortably take care of two ppl. May I ask, is she a graduate? Why can she not apply for jobs. Before I got married to my wife l, we made sure we worked her nysc to Lagos and I drove her to almost all the interviews she had and she finally got a job. By the time we got married, I collected her cv and started sending to better companies and she’s now earning well and doesn’t disturb me for 1 naira. I’m even sure her salary pass my own sef. What I’m saying is, if the business is too hard for her, dust her cv and look for job. Except she’s not a graduate. One more thing , forget about kids for now. Trust me they are more expensive than adult.

18 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by kelacee: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Please I need your advice.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by onelovenigeria(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

am sorry but i need to laugh grin grin cool ....man women are wired that way ....you need to develop the attitude of have money with you for things...don't take from her business expect she give willingly ....it ours and hers i know and you set it up for her....remove your eye from it and look for other ways to get money....and she will be happy and you get peace ...my little advice ...2cent

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by incogni2o: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
Bola146:
Wahala in marriages especially when the foundation is faulty lipsrsealed undecided I'll never advise a idle lady to go into marriage, she must have something little to support her husband at home, she should learn a handiwork or business, instead of spending much on wedding, they can use it for her to start a business and do a low key wedding. If she can't understand your financial condition as an adult and how Nigeria economy is so bad now, I don't know what else she needs. Emotionally she might be disturbed for infertility.

Rubbish rhetorical talk with no point.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

U do Bleep up, u for allow her use her certificate find work. Most men than try to establish dere wives always regret it.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Adeymorla(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
Don't take it to heart. She is just frustrated due to lack of money. Women and money are 5 and 6. Just try to reassure her that things will be okay and that it's just a phase. Women love reassuring. And next time, even if you are angry please eat her food. Both of you shouldn't be angry at the same time.

Now take her to the other room and do the needful�

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Klass99(f): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by danla44(m): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2021
MUST YOU SEEK FOR ADVICE FROM SOCIAL MEDIA?

distinguish:

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:34am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

You guys are going through the storm, you survive this, meaning you made the first phase.

She completes you,doesn’t mean she reasons as fast and as good,like you… Ur are her Daddy now,learn to protect her and her privacy.

Seat her down and play her the film of what’s going on,and then play your own song, let’s get it on.

Make her feel loved, no mater what pains you going through,she also have her own issues to handle.

Eat her food,it’s well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by awa(m): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2021
Bros, I can understand what it feels like. It's hurting when someone who should ordinarily stop you from crying turns out to be the same person that makes you cry.

First of all, I think you should have eaten the food prepared so that you don't develop Ulcer. Pains associated with Ulcer could be exacerbating atimes and I won't wish my Enemy that.

The situation of the country is telling on many families not just yours. The one year delay in arrival of your child should not put you and wife under pressure. You guys should be calming down. The baby might be waiting for Buhari to leave office before his arrival. To me, your baby is a Smart child delaying for now.

You guys should just remain hopeful and don't allow Enemy to scatter your marriage. All is well

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Divoc19(f): 8:35am On Nov 19, 2021
There's time for everything.
A time to fight and a time to makeup.
Try and let it slide by growing a thick skin.
You cannot kill yourself.

distinguish:

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by lomprico(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

your wife not gotten pregnant yet is God's doing. imagine you have a kid now with the present situation? Go and eat that food u left, apologise to your wife for that. Talk to her about the financial crunch. Your marriage is ordained by God. Everything will be alright.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Bamzyriches451: 8:36am On Nov 19, 2021
Marriage is just overated

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by simplepee(f): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2021
You did not eat the food. Ebi ni o pa e..

When I tell girls, stop rushing into marriage because of just love. They say I too like money. Yes, I like money. Reason I have let love rest and buckled up my shoes to chase money, more money and money.. When I am a bit comfortable, I will look for love.

By the time hunger wire you for marriage. And you can't afford basic decent things for yourself, that love will clear from your eyes..

Carry your cross op and continue "managing". Shebi suffer dey sweet una??

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by muheeb01(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2021
Hmmm marriage palaver....love is not even enough in marriage,money more money to make it work,and women nature most of them don't get satisfied easily with anything and forget what you've done before.their endurance level generally na zero except very rare cases...o le te obinrin lorun...no matter what even if you're richer than that,there will still be one problem or the other from her..Don't develop high Bp or unnecessary anxiety cos of marriage...if you do I dey sell correct Agbo...and she will move on in the twinkle of an eye..Do your best and live rest,Qua sera sera.Use your wisdom to digest this.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by lomprico(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2021
e no go better for our rulers.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by skywalker240(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2021
SavageBoy:

Can we also call the nonsense you just typed advice too
Take it or leave it, that guy is saying the bitter truth, maybe youre not that much experienced.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Mayeldah(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2021
Take it easy bro, if you consider what women says to their men when things are not working well in the home, you will just kill person.

vent that anger on making more money and things will ease up.

Every woman likes comfort, once it is no more there they change!
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2021
Haakeem:
Your wife must be from igbo or yoruba tribe ah most of them can't bere it with their husband,but once GOD accepts prayer and the husband got visa and flew out from the country without taking his wife, those type of wives would be the one ranting that they were with you when everything was hard,you were with me what?.....my advise is that you continue refusing her food till you faint offgrin
Well said. U were with me giving me headache. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by shedy03(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2021
OP, you are now beginning to know women.
Be patient and keep doing Ur best.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by emerged01(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2021
I wanted to laugh but I had to control myself. What you have here is not an issue.All You need is to be more transparent in dealings with her as regards money. Let understanding be between both of you.
If you know what is good for you stay off the business. No matter what you are not suppose to go near that business. From what you wrote up there,you are indeed killing the business. there is no point setting up business if you guys cant sustain it.

Every marriage get it's own palava o. As I dey here meself dey always strategise how peace go dey dey. As I dey I cherish peace of mind pass anything. Marriage no be for everybody,na for real man and real woman

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by vickydevoka(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2021
Godada:

A man's life is one filled with thankless sacrifices.

A question that begs to be answered should be: how long did you date her? Was she like this back then or were you all caught up in love and forgot to study her more.

For me any woman that nags is a bloody no no.

Guy, I want to believe that a heart to heart talk will ease the tension here.

So have that conversation with her. Life is very hard. She sounds like a child. How old is she? Reason with her though.

It is hell to have a contentious woman as a life partner.

Be strong.
Oga marriage way mama give u wife de last past dating. I came to realize that.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by WibusJaga: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2021

Marriage puts plenty of responsibility on the man; financially & emotionally. Any shortcomings in meetings this responsibility puts the marriage under immense pressure.
Know this & know peace.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Chummynoni(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2021
@OP. No matter what, dont lose your sanity
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Oluwasaudy(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Give the little advice you can give based on his narration....and if you ain't ok with this...maybe you can ask for his address and you can go interview his wife..... Women supporting women since 1402BC
MadamVanessa:
shocked

It's not always right to judge from one sided story, i wish i can hear what your wife have say as regards to the story on ground, so i can give my judgement objectively without being biased.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by seanwilliam(m): 8:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Godada:

A man's life is one filled with thankless sacrifices.
[b][/b]
A question that begs to be answered should be: how long did you date her? Was she like this back then or were you all caught up in love and forgot to study her more.

For me any woman that nags is a bloody no no.

Guy, I want to believe that a heart to heart talk will ease the tension here.

So have that conversation with her. Life is very hard. She sounds like a child. How old is she? Reason with her though.

It is hell to have a contentious woman as a life partner.

Be strong.
and you think he’s not done this countless numbers of time ? And ingrate is and ingrate bro

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by ariesbull: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2021
distinguish:

You married a stupid and ungrateful idiot as a wife..... You don't owe her she should contribute to the family, you have opened business for her and it It left for her to take care of herself

You can't open business for her and still be taking care of her upkeep

You should be careful about... If you develop A high BP or die... She wous move on

Be wise...una never born pikin e be like this... If ụna come born nko

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by EngineerOloye: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2021
Her main concern is probably the conception and may be she feels you are not paying enough attention there. The funny thing is that the more you focus on it, the more it becomes a big issue in the home.
My advice, cheer up ... Keep your countenance happy, read your Bible and trust Gods plan for you. Make the most of the time, before the kids come (build intimacy, trust and enjoy each other). Problems no dey finish o... Even with 10 children sef... Or 10 million.

Use your head... Equation 1. Happy wife, happy life. Almighty Formula: What God cannot do doesn't exist.
distinguish:

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by otokx(m): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2021
Welcome to the Nigerian husband world, it will get worse then it may get better, just hang in there.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Allisgud: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2021
silvoclaira:
@Op I feel for you and the family. Things are really expensive out here and money nor reach.

https://www.nairaland.com/6853192/inflation-women-please-pity-husbands

Please just take it easy on your wife. The pressure on you is the same kind of pressure on her too.

Things are really hard this times in Nigeria, so we only have to be patient and try absorbing all the shocks okay.

I believe you are a good man, your wife is a good woman.

If She is into business which is a daily thing so she should know how tough things are today so you both can work it out better, you both should have a honest discussion of what os on ground today.

Lastly try and be in your best mind and shape, eat food. Take care of yourself and be healthy.

this one wey pikin never enter,maybe pikin go bring money come

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by kelacee: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2021
See if ur job allows u extra time to get something doing as a support to ur existing income. Try and allow her grow her business while you help in bringing food to the table since it is only you both. Satisfy her hunger and manage urs when u don't have much. Try and cut expenditure especially frivolous ones and see peace reign supreme in ur home. Always let her know when you have and when you don't have.

If you do all the above and she doesn't change, return the pressure to her asap.
Make ur wife ur best friend and always share good and bad with her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Husband Has Gone To See His Side Chick's Mother / Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.