Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? (45958 Views)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
deepwater:

i understand when you say u are talking from experience.....God be with you and yours!
it will never happen again!!!
Amen sad
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Eriokanmi: 3:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
No issues. Just see a doc
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by eenai(m): 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Even as an adult I still have a little depression on that part of my head. It has never been an issue for me.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:

Learn yes

Not from social media

The baby is barely a month old.

A health problem especially when you do not know can kill in hours.

So seeking advice on health matters for a neonate is not just ignorant it is criminal irresponsibility

Were there no parents before the internet which is barely 30 years old?

Lets not be quick to assume that the OP has not asked her family. Sometimes my doctor tells me stuff and I start asking around because I do not want to only hear from a doctor who knows about it, but from a person who has lived it, who has experienced it, who has felt the fear and anxiety personally
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by benmide(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wrong wrong wrong! Exclusive breastfeeding is key to any infant from birth till 6 months. The breast milk contains 70% water already.

To the mother; just practice exclusively breastfeeding judiciously and see it all close up.

Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.

They taught you to give your baby water?!
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by geezynoni: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
It will close....mafo
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by goodheart01: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
QuickStandard:
It's nothing to worry about. Most babies are born that way, and with time as they grow, it covers up.
However, in my village our parents used to have some native mixtures with native pomade to be rubbing on it for faster closure.

All in all, there's no cause for alarm.

I will say consult you mum or old people around you, instead of consulting a doctor. Doctors will even give it a name that will only scare you

Most babies aren't born that way. Sunken fontanelle is usually a sign of dehydration. Babies are only born with a soft or open fontanelle as u may call it but not with a depressed one.

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Lets not be quick to assume that the OP has not asked her family. Sometimes my doctor tells me stuff and I start asking around because I do not want to only hear from a doctor who knows about it, but from a person who has lived it, who has experienced it, who has felt the fear and anxiety personally
Why not go to the market to ask for advice?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by awapp: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Apply baby oil on that spot every 4 hours....

Happened to my baby too
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Jorge91: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
it’s normal for newborns.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by izubext007: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Is this the child?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
aspabay:

Do you know what File Photos means?

grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by SATANlST: 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
may una dey speak simple english abeg. say the middle of him head soft, that way a faster solution can be gotten . which one be sunken fonetellele angry
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:
lol, what do you think happens to kids of women whose breastmilk cannot come out? Or who lost their mothers, or were abandoned at birth? grin
The newborns drink water from day one and they survive

What about the ones that are doing exclusive breastfeeding? Water is not included.

No one has said some children don't survive on formula and water. Not all women breastfeed. It's best for the op to go to a hospital to get info from a doctor.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:
lol, what do you think happens to kids of women whose breastmilk cannot come out? Or who lost their mothers, or were abandoned at birth? grin
The newborns drink water from day one and they survive

Right.

I can see the reason Africans have low IQ..
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:
Why not go to the market to ask for advice?

I actually don't discriminate about the occupation of the people I ask advice from, so yes I also talk with people who conduct business in the market.
The bible says "in the multitude of counsel, there is safety"
There is nothing wrong with asking people what to do as long as long as she also seeks advice from a medical practitioner. When I was a child I had a severe case of Genu Varum. ALL the doctors that my mother met were ready to have me operated on by an orthopaedic doctor. It was people (social media of our time 70s and 80s) that told her where to go. Some herbs and oils were applied on the legs and they straightened perfectly.
The only evidence I have of bow-legs are my pictures as a baby
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by alizma: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
Abeg this is a minor case, show it to your mother-in-law or you own mom
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
I only came to check what the name is all about........What do I know best if not Architectural drawings and construction works....
Check my signature for details .......

As for the kid.....the qualified Doctors here will speak for me....
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Commanderinpips: 3:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
Just apply palm canel oil on the spot it will close up, talking from experience.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by treatise: 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

File Photos

the big term you used confused me; this is normal thing na. All kids I have come across had it , it covers up with time. You have to make sure the spot is not exposed to cold conditions or you may always apply mentholatum after bathing the baby . No cause for alram.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by chudisco(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Sunken fontanelle is a sign of dehydration, so give the baby water, if it's still sunken then go to the hospital
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Zikachat(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Wait is that French
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

I actually don't discriminate about the occupation of the people I ask advice from, so yes I also talk with people who conduct business in the market.
There is nothing wrong with asking people what to do as long as long as she also seeks advice from a medical practitioner. When I was a child I had a severe case of Genu Varum. ALL the doctors that my mother met were ready to have me operated on by an orthopaedic doctor. It was people (social media of our time 70s and 80s) that told her where to go. Some herbs and oils were applied on the legs and they straightened perfectly.

Hmmm why not say you had a case of bow legs........Genu Varum sounds like one Arsenal player to me.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Right.

Dear, you are also African too

You can still prove your point without being insultive.

You did not answer this question: What do you think happens to kids of women whose breastmilk cannot come out? Or who lost their mothers, or were abandoned at birth?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by haiti007(m): 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:

I think it's too early to give water to a 2 weeks old baby....
Enough breastfeeding will do.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by FILEBE(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nilx:
It will close up over time. Our last born had it and that alone stop me from carrying her cuz different thought be running through my mind whenever I see that shit breath

Different thought like what?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Germi9: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
Okay dont be scared i have seen such cases it will surely close up it is the tender skull of the baby that is still developing it will pump up in mo time pls dont feed him with medication please and please it will disappear
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by EkoErrands: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

File Photos

If its sunken at any time in the day...the baby need to be fed. He or she is hungry. You can use that a s a cue...its nothing to worry about
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
No
Shokoloko:

Your biography will make a good book not doubt but it is not relevant here

The point s simple

Health Advice is best obtained from professionals.

This is especially the case for a child that is so young
Getting advice from professionals s common sense not discrimination

Everything else is foolishness
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Right.

What is the REASON
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Olam09(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

File Photos

It's a normal thing.. just make sure you're careful with the baby and never let anyone touch that delicate place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Drinking Too Much Water Can Be Deadly For You / 501 New COVID-19 Cases, 210 Discharged And 8 Deaths On June 13 -(2460 Tested) / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.