Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? (46024 Views)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by descarado: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2021
Londonpraise:
It will close up at the right time always cover up the baby to avoid cold...
My baby's own closed up after a year and 2 months
It can take time. When my child's own started closing up, that spot was looking like a bump.
Shuuuu. That was what worried me.
Was told to let it be as it will even out. Didn't know when it did that.

Sure it can be frightening.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by sultan003(m): 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos

Dehydration!!!!
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by iamL(f): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nilx:
It will close up over time. Our last born had it and that alone stop me from carrying her cuz different thought be running through my mind whenever I see that shit breath

U make me laugh seriously.
I experience same with our last girl, seeing that place beating was fascinating for me then.

Op I don't know if there should be any concern but our last born had same idsue and my mum applied native stuff because they said it shouldn't take too long to cover.

I have learned the name today.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

I'm still here hun. Not going anywhere except you want to leave.

Yes, I am happy to sit on a fence sometimes

Lol I've called you out on your BS.

If you were sitting on a fence all along, you shouldn't have got involved.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by nickyvil: 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by easynett(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
I think the person only google related pictures to show what she's trying to find explanation for. She decided not to use her real baby face. Except white have started using nairaland
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Lol I've called you out on your BS.

If you were sitting on a fence all along, you shouldn't have got involved.

I'm free to get involved nd not take sides. Its perfectly legal.

Also I make mistakes, and I am not afraid of being called out. Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough. I'm not going to believe hook, line and sinker but I can start my research from that

Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough? I believe aribisala0 has been requesting for your reference and I don't see anywhere that you showed it to him. You asked me for a reference and in minutes I supplied it.
Where is your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough?

One of the worst things that one can do in the 21st century is to make a claim without reference (true or flawed) to back it up.
And I can bet that you, my dear, do not have a single reference for your statement. I might be wrong, but I am confident enough to bet on that. And confident enough to know that you will not respond to this reference question. You will most likely reel out an insult or change topic.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Is like pouring granite, sand , cement and water together in a formwork. It wl take few days to settle.... Is a matter of time...her head go soon correct
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by nickyvil: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by drlateef: 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Usually a sign of dehydration in babies. Also malnutrition.

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

I'm free to get involved nd not take sides. Its perfectly legal.

Also I make mistakes, and I am not afraid of being called out. Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough. I'm not going to believe hook, line and sinker but I can start my research from that

Could you put up your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough? I believe aribisala0 has been requesting for your reference and I don't see anywhere that you showed it to him. You asked me for a reference and in minutes I supplied it.
Where is your reference showing that Africans do not breastfeed their babies enough?

One of the worst things that one can do in the 21st century is to make a claim without reference (true or flawed) to back it up.
And I can bet that you, my dear, do not have a single reference for your statement. I might be wrong, but I am confident enough to bet on that. And confident enough to know that you will not respond to this reference question. You will most likely reel out an insult or change topic.

Hold up right there. Scroll up before you start blabbing at the mouth.

I already supplied reference to aribisala. Scroll up and zip it.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

Hold up right there. Scroll up before you start blabbing at the mouth.

I already supplied reference to aribisala. Scroll up and zip it.

You did not, hun. You didn't.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 6:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

You did not, hun. You didn't.

You sure about that? grin
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

You sure about that? grin

You did not, hun. You didn't. While I commend you for searching out a paper written by an African, your paper was about Exclusive Breastfeeding and not breastfeeding.
The paper also does not link breastfeeding to IQ

This is your statement : " I'm not being insultive. Breastfeeding is crucial in kids and Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low."

Once again, do you please have a reference to substantiate your claim that "Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low"
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by femi4: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
lol it will close up naturally with time. Fear not
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by femi4: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.
Jesus! Dehydration ke? This is wrong. You don't even introduce anything to them apart from breast milk in their first few weeks

2 Likes

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Truvelisback(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nawa ooo, na which kind DECIMAL POINT be that?

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

You did not, hun. You didn't. While I commend you for searching out a paper written by an African, your paper was about Exclusive Breastfeeding and not breastfeeding.
The paper also does not link breastfeeding to IQ

This is your statement : " I'm not being insultive. Breastfeeding is crucial in kids and Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low."

Once again, do you please have a reference to substantiate your claim that "Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low"

So how did you know the paper was African and you say I posted nothing?

Shifting the goal post now are we? You're really desperate at this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2999888/amp/How-breastfed-babies-earn-age-30-Babies-fed-mother-s-milk-year-higher-IQs-spend-longer-education.html

Satisfied? Now shut it and be gone.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by sonofElElyon: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
It think it will disappear with time all new babes have holes up there,it's seems not only Nigerians are on NL the baby is white and obviously not a Nigerian..

Meanwhile yabatech has extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to help you throughout the Admission process,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022

File photo.. check again
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
1Sharon:

So how did you know the paper was African and you say I posted nothing?

Shifting the goal post now are we? You're really desperate at this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2999888/amp/How-breastfed-babies-earn-age-30-Babies-fed-mother-s-milk-year-higher-IQs-spend-longer-education.html

Satisfied? Now shut it and be gone.

you said you had posted a paper to substantiate your claim that Breastfeeding is crucial in kids and Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low."
I had to read the paper first to know if it actually substantiated your claim which it did not

1. You first paper states that African women practise very low levels of EXCLUSIVE breast feeding
2. The second paper states that Breastfeeding is crucial for IQ
3. Do you have a paper stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE ). Remember that your comment is "africans don't breastfeed long enough". Exclusive breastfeeding and breast feeding are two different things. Just like "working" and "working from home" are two different things .
Do you have a reference stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE breast feeding)
If your comment was African women do not practice exclusive breastfeeding long enough, you will see a lot of claims online that agree with that. I MIGHT even agree with that.
But your claim was "africans don't breastfeed long enough"

I predict she will run away as she has no references for that
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Judgesledge(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
It think it will disappear with time all new babes have holes up there,it's seems not only Nigerians are on NL the baby is white and obviously not a Nigerian..

Meanwhile yabatech has extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to help you throughout the Admission process,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022
picture used for the post is a file photo, illustrative purpose I guess
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Tenaj: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Your baby may be dehydrated because the major cause of sunken fontanelle in babies is Dehydration (you can look out for other symptoms of dehydration like sleeping too much or crying with little or no tears).

You should breastfeed the baby at regular intervals.

You should also visit the hospital (ASAP) so the exact cause can be known and treated.

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by christistruth01: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
It will Heal by Itself

Make sure the Baby gets good quality milk
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
femi4:
Jesus! Dehydration ke? This is wrong. You don't even introduce anything to them apart from breast milk in their first few weeks
There is no contradiction between Breast milk and dehydration
If the child is dehydrated breast milk is the fix not water.
There is no law that says water is the only fix for dehydration
Having sad that we have no way of knowing that the "diagnosis" of sunken fontanelle is right . Assuming it is right Dehydration" is just one of many possibilities.
The child needs to be examined by a professional
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

File Photos
Its normal my baby got it as well. I simply apply oil there
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
sultan003:

Dehydration!!!!
No be only dehydration
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
femi4:
google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by MercyBam(f): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
There's nothing to worry about. It's a sign of dehydration in babies. If you're on exclusive breastfeeding, breastfeed him/her more when you see it sunken. If you're not on EBF give your baby water.

Congratulations.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Divoc19(f): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Phoenixk: 8:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
Get silverbird eucalyptus oil and be dropping it on the fontanelle every morning it will start closing up and fast too
Tested with my Baby and it worked perfectly
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by 1Sharon(f): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

you said you had posted a paper to substantiate your claim that Breastfeeding is crucial in kids and Africans don't breastfeed long enough and it's possibly why the IQ is low."
I had to read the paper first to know if it actually substantiated your claim which it did not

1. You first paper states that African women practise very low levels of EXCLUSIVE breast feeding
2. The second paper states that Breastfeeding is crucial for IQ
3. Do you have a paper stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE ). Remember that your comment is "africans don't breastfeed long enough". Exclusive breastfeeding and breast feeding are two different things. Just like "working" and "working from home" are two different things .
Do you have a reference stating that African women practice low levels of breast feeding (not EXCLUSIVE breast feeding)
If your comment was African women do not practice exclusive breastfeeding long enough, you will see a lot of claims online that agree with that. I MIGHT even agree with that.
But your claim was "africans don't breastfeed long enough"

I predict she will run away as she has no references for that

Dolt. Exclusive breastfeeding and breastfeeding can be used interchangeably.

When people mention breastfeeding you damn know what they mean.

If exclusive breastfeeding is not enough. That means breastfeeding overall is not enough.

I thought you were sitting on a fence?

You're really desperate at this point. Seriously just fvck off.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Grucho1(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
....water is not advised in the first 6months of life except indicated by a physician

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Young People Are Now Bizarrely Getting High On Condom Aroma / Mercyships Surgically Transforms The Life Of A Boy (Before & After Pics) / 5 Incurable STDS & How To Stay Healthy If You Have One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.