Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man (919 Views)

This Single Picture Shows The Harsh But Sad Reality Of Life (photo) / My Ex Is About Getting Married But She Still Loves Me / Nigerian Lady Who Has Been Bridesmaid For 40 Friends, about getting married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by odinson1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Fortunately,more men are Breaking free from their Mental Cages. Marriage may not be a complete scam in Africa YET, but it sure as hell is one if the worse fates a 21st century man will ever meet in the Western world.

I mean,think about it! A Poor, tattered and Unintelligent woman really have no worries,all she just needs is to be a woman,look for any Well to do "Real man" and lock him down with marriage. Maybe in a few decades later,the man dies and she gets to Inherit EVERY DAMN THING He had Ever worked for. All the products of his Sweat and hard labour would go to the woman.
And of course if the woman can't wait for the husband to die soon enough,she can just file for a divorce and collect Half Anyway. I see it as an Absolute win.

But let's take away the Gold-digging aspect and look at other matters shall we?

Another Thing to note is the constant stress,nagging, literal Hell,and Emotional manipulations SOME married men go through. You can't Stay in the Same house with a person who has no control over her emotions and expect to have peace. She will nagg you to death if you don't succumb to her Wishes. This is one of the reasons many men die young. They've endured emotional nonsense for almost half their lives and it seems their poor hearts just couldn't take it anymore. There are of course other disadvantages of getting married today like;
1. She MAY try to cut you off from your friends,close allies and family so she can have you all to herself. I have an uncle who handed his balls over to his wife to hold for him. Today,he and his elder brother are not on speaking terms because of his wife. And don't even get me started on Psquare and their wives wahala (there were rumors about one of their wives being the reason for their "quarrel". I DO NOT KNOW FOR A FACT,I JUST POINTED OUT A POSSIBLE CASE STUDY)

2. most men get married because of the Thought of Endless sex. This is really laughable because most of the time,their wives become lazy and sexually unresponsive to them after their 2nd or 3rd child. So getting married because you want an endless supply of sex is Foolish and very short sighted. And don't forget,that Sexiness you see in her today will fade away before she Hits menopause,or when/if she Gets Fat after her 1st baby.

3. Feminism! The whole purpose of marriage have been defeated by 3rd wave feminism,and it's even worse if you are a Christian or Muslim. I just watched a video today on youtube where a white woman said "breastfeeding of babies is not natural,and women shouldn't be tasked with it as a responsibility" because after all,there are milk formulas children can be given. What is being implied here is that imposing that kind of responsibilites on women is sexist and demeaning. Now tell me if you'd want a woman like that as the mother of your kids. Granted,not all women are feminists,and certainly only a small percentage of women think like that. But...DEM NOR DEY WRITE AM FOR HEAD

I know I will be called all sorts of names like "alfa male", small boy,broke and frustrated, mummy's boy etc. But it's all just shaming tactics and emotional blackmail really,a Logical thinking person wouldn't give in to all that nonsense. So my fellow men,i employ you today to GIVE ME JUST ONE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE THAT IS EXCLUSIVE TO ONLY MEN.

And before you give me "the joy of having children" as your answer,just remember that you can most certainly have kids without getting married

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by isaiah4life(m): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
This won't stop me from getting married.

Marriage sweet abeg if na de right person you waka with down de aisle.

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by odinson1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
isaiah4life:
This won't stop me from getting married.

Marriage sweet abeg if na de right person you waka with down de aisle.

Why do you want to get married though? Just an honest question.

And like I said in my post,DEM NOR DEY WRITE AM FOR HEAD. The "right person" you talked about may be the Devil in disguise and you wont know.

2 Likes

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by ashewoboy(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na kimberlywest ashewoboy wan marrycheesy.

I want to be phvcking her everydaycheesy. sweet girl.
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Magnoliaa(f): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
odinson1:

Why do you want to get married though? Just an honest question.

And like I said in my post,DEM NOR DEY WRITE AM FOR HEAD. The "right person" you talked about may be the Devil in disguise and you wont know.

true. i agree. nobody knows anybody.

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by odinson1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Okay. undecided
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Op you can actually become a Reverend Father, how you take see am? undecided
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by odinson1(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
BABYharder:
Op you can actually become a Reverend Father, how you take see am? undecided

The alternative to being married isn't celibacy or priesthood. I can have all the sex or children I want without Marriage,while still safe guarding my sanity,peace of mind and resources. A married man is at a Disadvantage,while i have all the Advantages
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by BlaqJosh: 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
You're right bro especially from that feminism part, most of this girls don't know what feminism is all about. They will just accept any thing they see on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
This is so true...
Modern day marriages do not favour men...
Buh talk all you want, men wey won marry, go still marry...you get??

1 Like

Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Boogyman557: 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Holly Gram cool HVE a BABY MAMA n rest ur HEAD. WTF MAN
Re: The Harsh Truth About Getting Married In The 21st Century As A Man by Agricmoney(m): 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na God to help men Sha

Anyway, Agriculture is life

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise, Is It Ok For My Wife To Seek Financial Help From Her Ex Boyfriend / I Am Emotionally Derenched And Physical Depressed / My Ex Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.