Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House (43802 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Solsix(m): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

Mind you, from day one I have been dating my wife, this girl has been on my neck, telling me how she will come stay with me in Lagos if I get married to her sister. That would be my greatest undoing as I grudgingly obliged after many persuasion from her Mother as well. After my marriage, she came over to Lagos to join us.

Now, she is very useless to me. She will go to school from 7am to 5pm. After coming back from school, she will take another excuse to go for evening church and come back by 8pm. No help in doing house chores. COOKING, she no sabi.. My turn off about her now is that she can eat for Africa. The little provision I manage stock at home don't go anywhere now.

The last straw that break the camel back is that she always steals my babies food, like milk, biscuits etc.

My wife is in dicey situation because she once lived with the girl's mother for like 15 years back then, and such can't just pursue her away like plague.

Right now I am fighting the urge and anger to mess her up. I have advised her on numerous occasions but it seems she can not learn easily except with hard handling. Everything bad about human traits, she has it; Lies, false swearing and the likes.

Mature minded people in the house, if you are in my shoes, what would you do?
Ask her to go on a Holiday. Was ur wife not useful to her mom when she was living with her??
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Augedudo: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
I would advise you do the necessary things (chores) for the sake of your young family. later she will realise her mistakes and readjust.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by arleck(m): 2:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
Boss it is not like that,I have two 8 months old boys already,they are eating deep on my pockets as regard feeding,this very girl eat alot as well.She does not render any help for me.i don't see her as maid
Take her back home then. Don't ruin the little girl's future.... Let her enjoy her teenage age! Damn!
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by arleck(m): 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
mastermaestro:

Even if you sounded very harsh, you actually stated facts. Many people don't like reality. She didn't come to be a maid. She came to live an exciting life, something any girl her age craves for. sad
I don't sugarcoat
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
See her as your Daughter and Train her in the way you would do to your daughter if she was the one misbehaving.
Now that you commented like a sane human, did u die? Aren't u Happy now that you are contributing meaningfully to the world?
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Elidrisy20: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
15yr not to small, she fit be small bird with big cage
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by babadee1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

Mind you, from day one I have been dating my wife, this girl has been on my neck, telling me how she will come stay with me in Lagos if I get married to her sister. That would be my greatest undoing as I grudgingly obliged after many persuasion from her Mother as well. After my marriage, she came over to Lagos to join us.

Now, she is very useless to me. She will go to school from 7am to 5pm. After coming back from school, she will take another excuse to go for evening church and come back by 8pm. No help in doing house chores. COOKING, she no sabi.. My turn off about her now is that she can eat for Africa. The little provision I manage stock at home don't go anywhere now.

The last straw that break the camel back is that she always steals my babies food, like milk, biscuits etc.

My wife is in dicey situation because she once lived with the girl's mother for like 15 years back then, and such can't just pursue her away like plague.

Right now I am fighting the urge and anger to mess her up. I have advised her on numerous occasions but it seems she can not learn easily except with hard handling. Everything bad about human traits, she has it; Lies, false swearing and the likes.

My friend, be a man. Call the girl's mother personally and report her. Explain all the problems and difficulties you're facing because of the girl and tell her mother that if the situation doesn't change within three months you will be forced to send her back. Your wife can't help with this cos she's so indebted to the family but you are not.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by oxiide22(m): 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Hmmm... Get a locker both kitchen and the room you keep stuffs. Let her have access to her meals after been prepared by your wife. As in hide everything. Give her little change to manage once in a while. For her going in and out, Tell her directly you won't take that nonsense else you will take her back. That's all. I have 3 people living with me both from my family and hubby.. Non go near my kitchen or store room.. Don't beat her. Instead of laying your hands on her send her back Abeg.
nice one
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by NoToPile: 3:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
Loool

She goes to school
She goes to church
She licks baby milk and snacks.

The major problem you have with her is coz she eats so much.
I don't see much of the problem here except for the chores which she is supposed to help with.

She's not wayward or disrespectful

Treat her the way you would treat your sister.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by lomprico(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

your house, your rules! if she can't comply sent her packing. you don't owe her or her mother anything, abi you never settle bride price finish? she is not even your wife's blood sister.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by lomprico(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
YourFavorite21:
Report her to ur wife, let her talk to her, then if she doesn't change her ways, send her back home.

the wife knows
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by bizhop01: 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Payback period cool
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

Oga go and manage your home and leave us in peace
When a man gets married in Nigeria
U marry the family also
And disown your own family
Stupid traditions passed to these generation from coward ancestors that were not civilised

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Ekugbeh(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

buh I see no wrong here o sir, save for the milk and biscuits
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
tooth4tooth:
From your statement , the bolded is the remaining avenue that needed exploration.
Exactly.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by perryy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Poverty is a bastard.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by lascos912(m): 3:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
FuckDModz:
Tell her mother that you're a poor motherfuqer. It's not that difficult.

I mean, from your write up, you can barely cater for yourself not to talk of two grown women and an infant.

Send her home and hustle harder.
sense is very far away from you
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Simdyofficial(f): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

Don't take this advice please
hope you know I hate nonsense. Thank you
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by bikefab(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
Send her home bro and damn the consequences. You are too young to be stressed by someone's child who obviously had wrong parenting. That your wife lived with her mother for almost 15 years isn't an excuse to make life miserable for you. Maximum, the gossip and side talk will last for 3 months and everyone will move on after that.

I witnessed almost same thing 2 years back, trust me I know exactly how you feel.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Chevrolet076(m): 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

The future is stealing milk grin grin grin grin
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Lokojatoofar: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Report her to her mom. You the man o not your wife. Personally call her mom and ask her to talk to her daughter. That you have talked to her but she doesnt listen. Afterall when uour wife was woth her mom, she followed rules and regulations at home.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by aku626(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2021
As a man your judgment must be very clear. She’s a teen and she needs a lot of mentoring and guidance, it doesn’t help that you didn’t bring her up so you must out in more efforts to help her be a better person. Please no unnecessary spanking or yelling the last you want is for her to run, be as homely can be let your wife do most of the correction. Your baby will be a teen someday so practice, it’s not easy but may God see you through
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Solofresh2: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

WTF!
What are you waiting for?
Throw the idiot out of your home or do you need a lecturer to teach you that? undecided
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by zakkxx: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
No they talk like woman oo wetin be food!! Just check on her time table in school to be sure she never they visit boy friend!! Live food matter!! Like her chop any thing
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by TenQ: 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

You want matured advice?

Please take it as your liability. In five years tops, she'll be out of your life forever. Don cause a fight you cant end with your inlaws.

BUT

Let your wife give her routine works to do and she should make sure that those routine works are done daily.

You are lucky she has interest in church activities, it would be worse if she has interest her in boys
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Zainabthegirl1(f): 4:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

You’re an in-law to her…there’s little to what you can do or say to her
Let your wife talk to her…
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
You don't discipline her when she does wrong?
Start from there, before she brings pregnancy home.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by kyrianken(m): 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bro your marriage is too young to burden yourself. Your wife shouldn't feel any bad cos she didn't serve the girl's mum in same way this girl is serving you guys.

This Christmas try send her home with gifts and money.
Learn to prioritize your joy and that of your wife ahead of any sentimental assignment.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Hkff: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
How
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by petitejolie(f): 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
She will push u to d wall one day and u will loose ur cool and beat sege out of her body. Then people will call u wicked that u should have taken her back to her home . Better say u and your wife wanna make a long trip as holiday period is approaching so she goes back home for d hols never to return. From there u can tell Dem you will b paying her school fees there so let her enrol in a school at her home.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by SocialJustice: 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

Your family is not safe with that girl. Return her to her parents. Ask her mum to send someone else if she pleases. Else just lock up and get a maid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

He Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually – Wife Tells Police / Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.