Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House (43778 Views)

Should I Pack My parents Out Or Go To Rent My Own House? / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by TotoGame(m): 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ikem11:

Ya for you nothing wrong cos your heart is dark and evil not to have conscious of knowing " doing anything with a girl of 15yrs is an abuse"

Such a girl can never make a right decision. Her emotions and feelings is playing games with her at that age. So you as an adult manipulating her ignorance for your own evil needs.

Am ashamed of you as a fellow human being

Really!!!! But a big aunty doing that with me when I was 12 wasn't an abuse right

Cus we are talking about a girl here ....it's now an abuse... mtchew!!!
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by gudugudumeje: 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
Send her to go on holidays with very juicy package for her and her mother - the one your wife stayed with. And shortly after she gets there; timely before she can plan to return, you send strong message to both her mother and the girl that you do not want her anymore. That she should not return back to your house. No begging. You are tired of her. And that is when your wife should get to know.

Hold your ground firmly. Or else, she will remain there to destroy your home, your children and your life. God has only shown you the problem. And you have got to solve it once and for all. Gudluk to you; not bad luck she is carrying....

1 Like

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by seanwilliam(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:

Baami do 1k for my Aza wink
where I one see am
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Cheeryfeet: 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

Mind you, from day one I have been dating my wife, this girl has been on my neck, telling me how she will come stay with me in Lagos if I get married to her sister. That would be my greatest undoing as I grudgingly obliged after many persuasion from her Mother as well. After my marriage, she came over to Lagos to join us.

Now, she is very useless to me. She will go to school from 7am to 5pm. After coming back from school, she will take another excuse to go for evening church and come back by 8pm. No help in doing house chores. COOKING, she no sabi.. My turn off about her now is that she can eat for Africa. The little provision I manage stock at home don't go anywhere now.

The last straw that break the camel back is that she always steals my babies food, like milk, biscuits etc.

My wife is in dicey situation because she once lived with the girl's mother for like 15 years back then, and such can't just pursue her away like plague.

Right now I am fighting the urge and anger to mess her up. I have advised her on numerous occasions but it seems she can not learn easily except with hard handling. Everything bad about human traits, she has it; Lies, false swearing and the likes.

Mature minded people in the house, if you are in my shoes, what would you do?

Bros this is Africa o, she is not even 18 yet, flog the hell out of her. It's your house but you sound intimidated by the girl. If you can't flog her , beat her like she's your mate and do it in front of your wife.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by seyz91(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
cheesy
LifeOfTrigga:
Try dey walk around the house naked with your gbola jingling like a bell and your wife go know what’s next to do!

Abeg anybody to credit my acct 1k cry

2001993482 Kuda Bank

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by efighter: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
See her as your Daughter and Train her in the way you would do to your daughter if she was the one misbehaving.

You that have been misbehaving despite the fact that we take you as our younger brother, what have we not said? Have you changed?
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by AntiWailer: 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
See her as your silly sister.

See bro, your wife’s life could have been messed up if they did not accommodate her.

Leave your wife to decide when to send her away. Only her knows when she has fully paid the dues.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Tayor23(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
See her as your Daughter and Train her in the way you would do to your daughter if she was the one misbehaving.
so she should not help with the house chores and should be eating anyhow....You people are just too fake
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by sapientia(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
She is at the peak of her rebellious phase

She is 15

If you are not mentally mature to deal with her, you have 2 options

Send her home

Complain to her mother

Constant checkup from her mother will help her a lot unless village people put hand
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by pongwa(m): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
LifeOfTrigga:
Try dey walk around the house naked with your gbola jingling like a bell and your wife go know what’s next to do!

Abeg anybody to credit my acct 1k cry

2001993482 Kuda Bank

this is a crazy idea but very effective. I would recommend it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Born2Breed(f): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:
I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

Mind you, from day one I have been dating my wife, this girl has been on my neck, telling me how she will come stay with me in Lagos if I get married to her sister. That would be my greatest undoing as I grudgingly obliged after many persuasion from her Mother as well. After my marriage, she came over to Lagos to join us.

Now, she is very useless to me. She will go to school from 7am to 5pm. After coming back from school, she will take another excuse to go for evening church and come back by 8pm. No help in doing house chores. COOKING, she no sabi.. My turn off about her now is that she can eat for Africa. The little provision I manage stock at home don't go anywhere now.

The last straw that break the camel back is that she always steals my babies food, like milk, biscuits etc.

My wife is in dicey situation because she once lived with the girl's mother for like 15 years back then, and such can't just pursue her away like plague.

Right now I am fighting the urge and anger to mess her up. I have advised her on numerous occasions but it seems she can not learn easily except with hard handling. Everything bad about human traits, she has it; Lies, false swearing and the likes.

When raising a young family one must be careful who they admit into their home.

As the man of the house do not hesitate to take decisions that will bring peace into your home.

Send her away like yesterday before you regret it cos no matter what you do for that girl she will still mock you in future with ingratitude.

1 Like

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by MightySparrow: 1:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

Yawning.........

This one pass me. The fellow below may have something to say.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by adelaja70(m): 1:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
My brother My brother! Don't send her packing i repeat don't send her packing.... Unless, you want to invite village people to your house. Bro, apply wisdom... Bro, apply wisdom.... When the time comes she will definitely leave your house.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by NemoDatQuod(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
So you went and got someone who is a minor in the eyes of the Law to do house chores for you and your wife. Will you send your own 15 years old to go and do house chores elsewhere in lieu of living and experiencing a proper childhood? You parade wickedness as kindness.

You are what is wrong with that country. That girl has not done a single thing wrong. She is doing exactly what minors are supposed to do: explore and experience life before adulthood- go to school, go to church, go to whatever other after school club and event there is to go to and come home to dinner and simply help wash up.

Your wife cannot take care of herself simply because she has a baby. If she has any unique circumstances, go and hire an adult caregiver who can either live in or come for some hours everyday. Being married does not automatically translate into making babies. If you cannot afford to make babies, don't make babies.

We will be shouting Buhari, Buhari. But everyone is a significant part of the problem with that country.

[quote author=Sirlancelot post=107778849]I won't bother you guys much. I married my woman last year June during the lockdown. Things were rosy for us as a young couple till we brought in a girl of 15 years from my wife's family to stay with us in order to help my wife with house chores and other things during the time she is heavily pregnant.

1 Like

Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Pegi23(f): 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Don't beat her it isn't good..rather buy a cupboard and start licking your food ingredients/provisions..leave her access to the food already prepared by you or your wife..make sure you feed her 3 times a day oo with enough food tho...open up to her you are fucking managing...
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Testimony1988(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
If she does not want to listen, then discipline her in the hard way.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
More to your wisdom. cheesy cheesy

I agree, if he can address her like his daughter, it will also prepare him for parenthood, who knows, this is like training for him, he can learn and grow from this, this person has come into his life, maybe to prepare him for parenthood.

And he may have come into her life to teach her, to appreciate her parents, and maybe to gain wisdom, that she would need, the wisdom she may not get from her parents.

It could go both ways.

De-escalate the situation, and gracefully, lovingly tell her the rules for staying in your home, perhaps, you and your wife need to tell her together, with love and grace, and make it clear to her, and be kind, come from a place of understanding, taking her experiences and her age into consideration. Kindness means you have to come down to earth and relate with her at her level.

Be genuinely kind and sincere, you make the rules clear, and as you set boundaries, after all she is a Person.

She is not going to stay forever, right, there is no need to be drastic, try the best you can, and if she is not considerate, gracefully send her back home, with all, she needs. (if possible).

Right and the way you address her is important, make sure you and your wife are not in a state of anger, or disappointment or fustration, when you speak to her, do it from a place of understanding, love, kindness, caution, and respect for yourselves, for her and her family or humanity. Your expectations were not met, right, she was supposed to be this perfect helper.

But you do have power over how you are going to treat her right, So treat her with the best care, as much as you can, because you see her like a daughter, and a teenager, who is growing and will become a woman.

Righteousness2:
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
smiley smiley
Simdyofficial:
Hmmm... Get a locker both kitchen and the room you keep stuffs. Let her have access to her meals after been prepared by your wife. As in hide everything. Give her little change to manage once in a while. For her going in and out, Tell her directly you won't take that nonsense else you will take her back. That's all. I have 3 people living with me both from my family and hubby.. Non go near my kitchen or store room.. Don't beat her. Instead of laying your hands on her send her back Abeg.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
smiley smiley
CaveAdullam:
1. Send that little child back to her parents. It's almost impossible to raise a child that's not of your genetic lineage without much regrets, pains and headache. It takes a serious luck to do so and those that eventually turn out to be reasonable and accountable adults are like a pin in a haystack.

2. With such kind of behavior you've spoken about her here, woe betide you at the end when she finally coalesce it with her confederates outside your house.
She will definitely taste from troubled waters outside. That you must be cocksure of. No amount of discipline can you be able to use to correct her because you will not deal with her like your own child and she will see such act of love as hate because you are not her father.

3. If this behavior of hers eventually cumulate into a negative consequence, it will backfire against her and you'll take much of the blame because society will say "you didn't treated her as your child and that's the reason she misbehaved and ended up in her current mess".

4. Send her back to her parents. You can however help/visit her in the little ways you can from time to time why she is in her parents house.

Take this infested wood back to the forest! But if you insist you can cook with it, goodluck!
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
cheesy cheesy, i agree, some clarity is needed, she should know what is expected.

Richy4:
>>> She is 15, she is a teenager...and almost every teenager lies... even their Goodmorning is suspicious... If u doubt me, just google teenagers and lying... smiley

>>>All I have to say is that u should try and regulate her movement before she brings in an unwanted pregnancy...

>>>Go to her school and find out when they usually close from school... Let the teachers know that u will appreciate it if they can send u an email/ SMS upfront informing u anytime there was an extra lessons...so u will know what was keeping her,.

>>>Highlight all the chores that she has to do... church program or not...and reward her for that with some pocket change.. with that, she will stay away from the baby food...

I must say though that It's kinda funny that u opened this thread on crime section... Was it because of the baby food she was ' misplacing'? grin cheesy
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by jaxxy(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

I don’t understand the problem here it is ur house not ur wife’s house or the little’s girls mothers house.

Start by laying down rules in the house and let her know there will be consequences for breaking them. A 15 year old can’t be causing issues in ur house and u are helpless or confused.

2ndly u can call her mom and inform her of her daughters bad behavior and let the mom talk sense into her or u will take necessary action. The gal will be automatically put on notice.

I’m sure when ur wife lived with her mother she wasn’t useless or they would have sent her packing. undecided
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Ikem11(m): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
TotoGame:

Really!!!! But a big aunty doing that with me when I was 12 wasn't an abuse right

Cus we are talking about a girl here ....it's now an abuse... mtchew!!!
Because you were abused then you should abuse others? Oga ibu devil am telling u
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by GistFullGround: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
Plan with your wife, and give the impression that you will be moving to a one bedroom home because your job is not going fine.

Take her to the village and tell her she would be sent for after you guys stabilize yourselves because things are not rosy for you.

Then look for a new apartment without her. Even if she tries to come back, she won't find you guys. Remember, change your phone numbers!
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by obinna58(m): 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

Why don't I see any problem here

She goes to school... Good
She goes to church.... Give her mandate only on Sundays or schedule times with her since helping on chores is very necessary.
She steals......find a means to lock your stuffs in your own house... Yes but be kind to her.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by mastermaestro(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
arleck:

Man f*u*c***k you!!! angry
If you looking for a maid or slave to get one..... The girl isn't a slave or maid, she's happy to come live with her sister, she's now a part of the family not slave.... A 15 year old girl is supposed to do all that. Go to school at 7am and get back at 5pm... As well steal your baby's milk! At some point when we growing up, we all did that. So that shouldn't be something new to you angry angry angry

Even if you sounded very harsh, you actually stated facts. Many people don't like reality. She didn't come to be a maid. She came to live an exciting life, something any girl her age craves for. sad
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Solatium(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

The First mistake you made was to have allowed anyone live with you.
Before my wife started living with me,i told her no one will come and live with us, though she didn't like the idea but it's what I want, even as no 9ne lives with us we still have issues concerning her families visiting us.
Dude if you like yourself insist they take her back to where she is from and be sending them little stipend to take care of things or else Dem go run you down oo
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by IbileIfe: 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

You have never really liked her. So, that is a big issue in your communication with her. Your bias against her will worsen her attitude.
Be polite and respectful and counsel her in the presence of your wife. She will change and be good to your family.
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by Midastorch(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Sirlancelot:

You are a stupid idiotic stingy man....
Re: My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House by holocron: 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2021
OP,

It's like you are secretly craving to ravish that young girl. That is why her every insignificant move is irritating you, just because you know you can't chop her.

Please banish that evil thought from your mind. If you cannot, just confess to your wife and together return her to her parents before you go and rape somebody's child, and then come and go and be blaming devil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mistake Married Women Make / How Do Spouses Whose Partners Live Abroad Cope Sexually? / Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.