Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Marriage And The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage And The Bible (1266 Views)

7 Causes Of Delay In Marriage And How To Avoid Them / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ajibade123:

since marriage is a choice does it mean having sex without being married is cool
Marriage is a choice so also is sex. They are both of them choices to be made in this world. undecided

Jesus Christ never said sex is sin nor did He preach to you against sex. Matthew 5 vs 27 - 29 is instead what He taught and only to His followers. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Ajibade123(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is a choice so also is sex. They are both of them choices to be made in this world. undecided

Jesus Christ never said sex is sin nor did He preach to you against sex. Matthew 5 vs 27 - 29 is instead what He taught and only to His followers. undecided
this sounds sweet cool
Kobojunkie:

this sounds sweet
so there is nothing like premarital sex
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ajibade123:

this sounds sweet cool
this sounds sweet
so there is nothing like premarital sex
Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25. His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. . And we know that Jesus Christ never taught of premarital sex and the lot. Instead what He taught His followers regarding such things is that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, the man commits the sin of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. undecided

So if you are one who claims to love Jesus Christ then you would show this by doing as He commands, and not as you assume it ought to be instead. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Ajibade123(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25. His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. . And we know that Jesus Christ never taught of premarital sex and the lot. Instead what He taught His followers regarding such things is that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, the man commits the sin of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. undecided

So if you are one who claims to love Jesus Christ then you would show this by doing as He commands, and not as you assume it ought to be instead. undecided
make it simpler jare I don't understand
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ajibade123:

make it simpler jare I don't understand
I already did that. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Ajibade123(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I already did that. undecided
I was expecting a Yes/No response probably with some explanation
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
Ajibade123:

Again... Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25. His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. . And we know that Jesus Christ never taught of premarital sex and the lot. Instead what He taught His followers regarding such things is that if a man lusts after a woman in his heart, the man commits the sin of adultery - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. undecided

Re: Marriage And The Bible by chidifrank(m): 1:40am On Jun 09, 2022
Ajibade123:

that woman you had sex with and she is not your wife, you have committed the sin of adultery. Fornication and adultery starts from the heart. every action comes from the heart first. ask me why Jesus Christ said when you look lustly at a woman you have committed adultery and not fornication?
so i can explain to you more.
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kayberg:
It is always good to understand the Bible.
Frontpage material.
Kobojunkie, the man who believes marriage is cursed, I'm waiting for you here on this thread, and the quoted link below:
A. This is how God defined marriage in scripture.
22 The Lord God used the rib from the man to make a woman. Then he brought the woman to the man.
23 And the man said, “Finally! One like me, with bones from my bones and a body from my body. She was taken out of a man, so I will call her ‘woman.’”
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife. In this way two people become one.
25 The man and his wife were naked, but they were not ashamed. - Genesis 2 vs 22 - 24
It is just an agreement between a man and a woman. No special powers or bright lights or spirits are involved. undecided
B. Then, in the next chapter, God curses woman in marriage— note that only woman who are married are implicated.
16 You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.” - Genesis 3 vs 16b
When a person is cursed, that curse does not remain only on that person but impacts everything that person is involved in, right? Well, since the curse on a woman only takes effect if she is in a marriage relationship, what that implies is that marriage, which is an agreement that said woman makes is cursed by extension. The man who enters into a cursed agreement with a woman is what? undecided

Anyways, as I already made clear to you, Jesus Christ affirmed this judgment made by God in the beginning when in His Gospels, He made clear that Marriage has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 & Matthew 22 vs 23 - 30 & Mark 12 vs 25. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kayberg: 7:12am On Jan 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
A. This is how God defined marriage in scripture.
It is just an agreement between a man and a woman. No special powers or bright lights or spirits are involved. undecided
B. Then, in the next chapter, God curses woman in marriage— note that only woman who are married are implicated.
When a person is cursed, that curse does not remain only on that person but impacts everything that person is involved in, right? Well, since the curse on a woman only takes effect if she is in a marriage relationship, what that implies is that marriage, which is an agreement that said woman makes is cursed by extension. The man who enters into a cursed agreement with a woman is what? undecided

Anyways, as I already made clear to you, Jesus Christ affirmed this judgment made by God in the beginning when in His Gospels, He made clear that Marriage has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God - Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 & Matthew 22 vs 23 - 30 & Mark 12 vs 25. undecided

GOD there, cursed the earth, woman (I won't include the serpent here because it's not the point of discussion) and not marriage.

And I never said marriage has anything to do with the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Jan 17, 2023
Kayberg:
GOD there, cursed the earth, woman (I won't include the serpent here because it's not the point of discussion) and not marriage.

And I never said marriage has anything to do with the kingdom of heaven.
Marriage was, in the beginning, planned by God to be according to His Will --- as He gave spouse to Adam, so also He wanted to give to each man a spouse of His design. But after man fell, God's curse on marriage meant that Marriage ceased to be according to God's Will but of the will of men. God forsook the marriage of men that is why marriage is not of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On May 19, 2023
HussenAdul:
■ There is no need to ague with u cos ur naive is embarrassing. God never cursed marriage. There is no where God replace marriage with same sex. [b]God never washed off his hand in procreation or child bearing. He is God, if He is against that, he has the power to make every man impotent & every woman barring. If God doesn't want his creation to multiple and fill the earth, he can wipe off the whole earth in just a moment.
God sent Jesus to redeem the his people. Jesus couldn't give birth because He is God The Son who created the world already. We all are his creation. (God cannot marry or mate human). So if God doesn't support multiplication of human, he wouldn't have come or sent his son Jesus. He would have ended the world/earth
■ U being a gay, homo, lesbian or sodomy is not a grantee for foolishness or stupidity. Ur are talking half of the population is that not foolish analogy? Why can't u imagine the whole populations become gay, homo or lesbian like u, how will the earth multiple as God demanded? What benefit or satisfaction do u find in ur fellow Man's anus?
1. Why do you assume that God has to do things exactly to the level of your understanding though? God clearly cursed marriage and childbearing in Genesis 3 vs 16 when he cursed women in marriage and in childbearing meaning that all women in marriage are cursed and all women who become pregnant are cursed by God. So, kindly explain to me how you don't accept God's curse as stated in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, yet you still claim you believe in God. undecided

2. a. Redeem people from what exactly?

b. Jesus Christ could not give birth because He is the son of God? Where is this stated in scripture for crying out loud? The ones indicated in Genesis 6 who came down and mated with the daughters of men were they not Sons of God as well? undecided

3. Well, God told you Himself that He created some Eunuchs, caused some to become Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to some to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom, surely, even God designed the system in such a way that not all will procreate in the end. undecided
Re: Marriage And The Bible by HussenAdul: 6:30pm On May 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why do you assume that God has to do things exactly to the level of your understanding though? God clearly cursed marriage and childbearing in Genesis 3 vs 16 when he cursed women in marriage and in childbearing meaning that all women in marriage are cursed and all women who become pregnant are cursed by God. So, kindly explain to me how you don't accept God's curse as stated in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22, yet you still claim you believe in God. undecided

b. Jesus Christ could not give birth because He is the son of God? Where is this stated in scripture for crying out loud? The ones indicated in Genesis 6 who came down and mated with the daughters of men were they not Sons of God as well? undecided

3. Well, God told you Himself that He created some Eunuchs, caused some to become Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to some to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom, surely, even God designed the system in such a way that not all will procreate in the end. undecided
Also remember what he did to ur forefathers & role models in Sodom & Gomorrah
Re: Marriage And The Bible by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On May 19, 2023
HussenAdul:
□ Also remember what he did to ur forefathers & role models in Sodom & Gomorrah
Sodom and Gommorah were not my forefathers. So, try to resist the urge to deflect abeg! undecided

3. Well, God told you Himself that He created some Eunuchs, caused some to become Eunuchs in this life, and gave special permission to some to live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom, surely, even God designed the system in such a way that not all will procreate in the end. So, clearly, even God is not with you as far as 100% procreation, so where do you lot get these ideas from and why do you try so hard to push them on God? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If A Man Has Two Wives..? / What Is Religion? / God Has Done Me Well In 2006, What About You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.