Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) (51341 Views)

Man Dies A Day After His Traditional Wedding (Disturbing Photos) / White Man Falls As He Carries His Yoruba Bride During Traditional Wedding / Igbo Man And Oyinbo Lady's Traditional Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by LLiKYekoba: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

My evidence of love is welcoming you with opens arms in every nook and cranny of my region, allowing you do business without interference, patronizing your business, making one of your a minister in Lagos. How many point do you need me to make because I got like 200

Are the yorubas doing business in every nook and cranny of Igboland being unwelcomed with unopened arms? Come to my village and see your women selling their agbo peacefully. Kunle is also there with his brothers running their tailorshop while jiving to Obesere's music.

So what's your point really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by christistruth01: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bola146:
Ibadan and party grin grin cheesy they can use lapo money to do party, they don't care sad angry

They can Mortgage their Inheritance to pay for a Funeral Ceremony

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Justwise
Dominique
OAM4J
Mukina2

You guys need to cleanse this nairaland, so ppl can have sense. Tribalism is taking over this platform.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by alanto: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Don't even know what that means. What is the meaning of afonja?
Because you ask and to enlighten others I will
tell you. Afonja was a warrior from ilorin whom fought at a time when the Yoruba nation was going through civil war. He got Fulani mercenary to fight on his side and they betrayed him hence the presence of Fulani in Ilorin but you see the Yoruba has long moved passed it because our people in the whole of Kwara don’t have any problem whatsoever living with other people as long as they know and understand their boundaries. So The word doesn’t make sense if not for your people’s urge for being mischievous.
Afonja doesn’t have anything to do with me as a person. He’s ilorin indigene and I’m not It is the intent of your people when they use the word but don’t worry. If you guys want to remain unrepentant we will match the hate with equal hate. If your intention is noble start talking to your people about making enemies everywhere. If you guys are hated in Nigeria, SA, Ghana and other countries there must be a reason for it. You people should grow up. Even if you achieve your own country. You will need allies, you will need partners, and that’s not going to be people you insult at every giving opportunity. Start thinking wisely for the future. The hate and propaganda emanating from your people is too much. Hate only begets hate.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by cayorday89(m): 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2021
Osagyefo98:
Sophistication.

What I can see here is SOPHISTICATION.

They are sophisticated even in flood.

The beautiful New York of South West.
It's not reasonable to think this way, last time I checked, virtually the whole of Nigeria is suffering from things like this and people like you chose to go Tribal instead of holding the leaders to ransome.
Please have a change of heart and don't rejoice over things that ought to make the masses come together and make sober reflection on the situation of things nationwide.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by ThEGodFaThEr104: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

even you yourself know that, those doing owomida still get hope than your youths that their parents are using for sacrifice in Igbo land

you go dey see burial of 20, 30, 40 people that should be enjoying their prime time. Yoruba have long lifespan than you people, that's one of the reason your people run from village

if you people can used someone abroad, there is nothing you cannot do, if I enter your region I don't sleep with my two years. Dangerous people
Have you ever asked why Google and Wikipedia termed Yoruba people skull miners numero uno?

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Such environment in East... you will find the wedding deserted, but afonja can eat even with poo on the plate... hungry yellowbars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Toluwanise247(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
Tranquillity360:
But all afonja states are more developed than London?

Sufferhisticated pigs in mud water.
YOU are brainless
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Toluwanise247(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Justwise
Dominique
OAM4J
Mukina2

You guys need to cleanse this nairaland, so ppl can have sense. Tribalism is taking over this platform.
God bless you. This attitude can destroy this platform if things continue to go like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Bola146(f): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
christistruth01:

They can Mortgage their Inheritance to pay for a Funeral Ceremony

grin grin grin you know them wella cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tranquillity360: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

Have you ever scold any Igbo man for using the word Afonja? Why do your people have a derogatory name for everybody?
What is bad with the name Afonja?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by feedthenation(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2021
---At least they event can be held in a different location---not a must to go ahead---
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tranquillity360: 3:00pm On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

tell you. Afonja was a warrior from ilorin whom fought at a time when the Yoruba nation was going through civil war. He got Fulani mercenary to fight on his side and they betrayed him hence the presence of Fulani in Ilorin but you see the Yoruba has long moved passed it because our people in the whole of Kwara don’t have any problem whatsoever living with other people as long as they know and understand their boundaries. So The word doesn’t make sense if not for your people’s urge for being mischievous.
Afonja doesn’t have anything to do with me as a person. He’s ilorin indigene and I’m not It is the intent of your people when they use the word but don’t worry. If you guys want to remain unrepentant we will match the hate with equal hate. If your intention is noble start talking to your people about making enemies everywhere. If you guys are hated in Nigeria, SA, Ghana and other countries there must be a reason for it. You people should grow up. Even if you achieve your own country. You will need allies, you will need partners, and that’s not going to be people you insult at every giving opportunity. Start thinking wisely for the future. The hate and propaganda emanating from your people is too much. Hate only begets hate.
Then why are you angry when called a warrior.

Is like calling me Ojukwu,i will proudly answer you.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by christistruth01: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Bola146:

grin grin grin you know them wella cheesy cheesy

I grew up in Ibadan

A woman practically died of hunger

Yet 6 Cows were Slaughtered at her Funeral Ceremony which lasted a whole Week during which nobody in the Area needed too Cook because they were being overloaded with food and drinks from her Funeral Ceremony everyday

People who knew her were just wondering where these her relatives were when she was alive

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Bola146(f): 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
christistruth01:

I grew up in Ibadan

A woman practically died of hunger

Yet 6 Cows were Slaughtered at her Funeral Ceremony which lasted a whole Week during which nobody in the Area needed too Cook because they were being overloaded with food and drinks from her Funeral Ceremony everyday
I have dated one of them, his mother knew nothing than parties, when his son wasn't financially okay she will still demand for money for parties. She can't borrow money because of her kid's school fees but she could take lapo to do party

4 Likes

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:

Have you ever asked why Google and Wikipedia termed Yoruba people skull miners numero uno?

and does Google needs to tell me ritualism is like a culture in Igbo land? I know and need no google to revalidate that for me

1 Like

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
They didn’t even leave all bcoz of one Pomo one meat
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Hkff: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Really
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by BluntCrazeMan: 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
Pọtọ-Pọtọ́ Brown-Roof State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Mide1data: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
HOLY SHIT

Stupid, Brainless and Idiotic people all over NL.

If na Europe , this would be a shame to their entire country. But for 9ja, it is either a shame to the state or a shame to the tribe.

No single person is ready to put their differences aside.

Yoruba- to stupid despite being the most educated tribe.
Igbo- to proud.
Ijaw- I don't even know what to say.
Hausa- To uneducated.

It is better we remain under buhari for the next 10 years, then you will know there is no benefit in Tribalism.

As for me, I blame the LGA Chairman, Seyi Makinde and buhari.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING to this country.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Psalmistproject: 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
alanto:

You mistake our people. I grew up in Enugu with my father. He was an illiterate but made money through hardwork. He runs a transport company then but even as he wants me to attend the best school in the state, he never hesitate to land me to the bush weekends for farm work. He even made me on few occasions do conductor work for him anytime we visit the village with a bus and leaving back to the city. He made me understand I shouldn't give a Bleep about people, that I should trust first in God and then myself. He told me once, "my son stop sleeping like a fool, time will come when they will tell you to sleep you will say ney! I don't want to, work hard, make money, it's those with more money that conjures better juju."
I thought he was hard on me but I got to find out that that is how others were equally trained.

If you see Any Igbo man into crime, especially unintelligent crime, go and check their background, they are the worst trained. Most of the careless children in my street those days are all overseas now.

If you are in Igbo land doing business, you will enjoy business. They Respec the rules of engagement. If one of them goes to look for your trouble, everybody will come after them. Naturally they hate mediocrity. They are the only tribe in Nigeria that will hate a siting governor and give him a name without thinking of what others think or will say. Check any news on any of the low performing politicians from Igbo land and see how they abhor them.

One problem that Igbos have is self worth and self determination. That's why there's a popular adage that says, Igbo enwe Eze." It means Igbo doesn't have a king. They can come together quickly to fight external threat especially the one they see from the same perspective but once things changes everybody to your tent. Igbos doesn't exhibit fear easily, it's in their training and gene.

The same way they mock lazy people among themselves and call out the foolish ones that is how they view others with similar perspective. The hate for Igbos is not that they go to people's land, kill and pillage no they only look to explore opportunities even before the owners of the land realizes such opportunity exist. Funny they will not even behave as ass lickers while they are exploring opportunities in another mans land, they stand tall with the mind, "if you want trouble, no problem, he will not run, highest he will pack his business but he will give you a double dose of the shit you brought. And as he's leaving another Igbo man takes over.

I can tell you so many things that make Igbos special but I know you are concerned about the ones with loud mouth, my advice, contend with them without dragging others into it.
For instance if you have three friends and and one Igbo man with hundred friends is looking for your trouble, it's stupid trying to drag everyone into the fight. You will be outnumbered.

They occupy a greater percentage of social media space. Attend to them per individuals as they bring their foolishness to bare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by alanto: 12:15am On Nov 21, 2021
Psalmistproject:

You mistake our people. I grew up in Enugu with my father. He was an illiterate but made money through hardwork. He runs a transport company then but even as he wants me to attend the best school in the state, he never hesitate to land me to the bush weekends for farm work. He even made me on few occasions do conductor work for him anytime we visit the village with a bus and leaving back to the city. He made me understand I shouldn't give a Bleep about people, that I should trust first in God and then myself. He told me once, "my son stop sleeping like a fool, time will come when they will tell you to sleep you will say ney! I don't want to, work hard, make money, it's those with more money that conjures better juju."
I thought he was hard on me but I got to find out that that is how others were equally trained.

If you see Any Igbo man into crime, especially unintelligent crime, go and check their background, they are the worst trained. Most of the careless children in my street those days are all overseas now.

If you are in Igbo land doing business, you will enjoy business. They Respec the rules of engagement. If one of them goes to look for your trouble, everybody will come after them. Naturally they hate mediocrity. They are the only tribe in Nigeria that will hate a siting governor and give him a name without thinking of what others think or will say. Check any news on any of the low performing politicians from Igbo land and see how they abhor them.

One problem that Igbos have is self worth and self determination. That's why there's a popular adage that says, Igbo enwe Eze." It means Igbo doesn't have a king. They can come together quickly to fight external threat especially the one they see from the same perspective but once things changes everybody to your tent. Igbos doesn't exhibit fear easily, it's in their training and gene.

The same way they mock lazy people among themselves and call out the foolish ones that is how they view others with similar perspective. The hate for Igbos is not that they go to people's land, kill and pillage no they only look to explore opportunities even before the owners of the land realizes such opportunity exist. Funny they will not even behave as ass lickers while they are exploring opportunities in another mans land, they stand tall with the mind, "if you want trouble, no problem, he will not run, highest he will pack his business but he will give you a double dose of the shit you brought. And as he's leaving another Igbo man takes over.

I can tell you so many things that make Igbos special but I know you are concerned about the ones with loud mouth, my advice, contend with them without dragging others into it.
For instance if you have three friends and and one Igbo man with hundred friends is looking for your trouble, it's stupid trying to drag everyone into the fight. You will be outnumbered.

They occupy a greater percentage of social media space. Attend to them per individuals as they bring their foolishness to bare.
Did you notice you didn’t address anything from what I said? You are telling me how great Igbos instead of addressing the hate issues I brought before you. With a good conscience are you saying you are not seeing everything going on nairaland and who’s the mischievous one?
Doesn’t matter though.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 4:54am On Nov 21, 2021
If care is not taken, the flood must have mixed with human faecal waste because most people in that Ibadan don't have toilet. They practice open defecation. It's a place I have been and I know how Yorubas live their lives there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 5:03am On Nov 21, 2021
alanto:

Since Afonja was a warrior, why are you angry being called same? Is like calling an Igbo man Ojukwu, Kanu or Biafran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 5:10am On Nov 21, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

covid 19 your Igbo people too were suffering, they were queuing for wrap of apu and egusi

Yoruba people matter go kill you people one day, no wonder you people hardly live long over there
It's akpu not apu. Kp is Igbo while only P is Yoruba for Kpii sound. Stop misspelling Igbo words. It's like me now writing Epe (Yoruba) in Lagos as Ekpe (Igbo).
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 5:20am On Nov 21, 2021
Abeg, Afonja and Omo Igbo, Omo iboe, Omo nna.... which is more derogatory??

How Yorubas denigrate Igbos on this forum only to turn around and cry foul when served same dose is very annoying.

You call Igbos all sorts of unprintable names ranging from baby factory, erosion poto poto region, drug pushers, economic refugees etc yet we laugh it off and not take it to heart.

But when you're called Afonja, brown roof dwellers, open defeacators, algae soup ewedu eaters and tribal mark scratch face miscreants.... you will start fuming and frowning ur face.

You can't be complaining about something you are guilty of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Tomek09(m): 5:36am On Nov 21, 2021
LLiKYekoba:

Are the yorubas doing business in every nook and cranny of Igboland being unwelcomed with unopened arms? Come to my village and see your women selling their agbo peacefully. Kunle is also there with his brothers running their tailorshop while jiving to Obesere's music.

So what's your point really?
Thank you bro. They full my town Awka as well doing fashion and tailoring work. Their ladies are largely seen in Onitsha going about their mobile agbo business peacefully. I don't know why Yorubas think they're accommodating more than Igbo?? Many of their men are jettisoning their own people just to marry Igbo maidens without stiff opposition from the girl's family and kindred back home yet Igbos are not receptive. It's well. Try and jokingly tell a Yoruba girl you want to marry her and see her reaction. Her first word to you is that her people won't welcome the idea because you're omo yi.bo or omo iboe as they usually say derogatorily. This is not mere assumption. I experienced it first hand in Ibadan. I learnt a lot about Yorubas—Lifestyle, People and Culture during my stay in Ibadan. I studied them like book so there's nothing a Yoruba boy or girl can brag about without me knowing the true picture of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by tunnex190: 6:21am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:
Ibadan and party grin grin cheesy they can use lapo money to do party, they don't care sad angry

The topic says Oyo state. Not Ibadan. This could be other cities in Oyo state

Also, flood is everywhere in this part of the world. This is just an unexpected event that can't be controlled. Come to PH and see a fenced nice edifice with high level of flood inside the compound.
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by Psalmistproject: 8:12am On Nov 21, 2021
alanto:

Did you notice you didn’t address anything from what I said? You are telling me how great Igbos instead of addressing the hate issues I brought before you. With a good conscience are you saying you are not seeing everything going on nairaland and who’s the mischievous one?
Doesn’t matter though.

Nairaland is no man's land bro! In real life do you think Igbos will perform how they have economically if they have been hating on communities they're doing business in? Read the news, have you heard that they have ever abused or do the things you are angered about that they freely do on nairaland?? The answer is no!! Do you know that they're the only ethnic group you can find in every village across Nigeria? Go and check the ones in your village, do they behave like what you are blindly trolling on nairaland? No bro! If they do they won't get far as they have. But those individuals when they come to nairaland can easily show their hate for the fun of it. It's just a game of who get mouth pass. When I started following nairaland, I usually see how Igbos are being disgraced on the forum. And the ones there at that time couldn't even construct a simple sensible sentence. You can go back to early threads on nairaland. I have to sign up so I can at least add a voice but just like me, maybe other concerned decided to come on board but are not bridled.

I took time to tell you how Igbos are raised so you can know how to better deal with them in peace or at wars.
Most of the people you are throwing tantrums with might even be a fellow business associate that rapports beautifully with you in real life but seeing nairaland provides great cover, they can be as rude as they come cause they have nothing to lose.

Know this things and know peace!!
Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by alanto: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Nairaland is no man's land bro! In real life do you think Igbos will perform how they have economically if they have been hating on communities they're doing business in? Read the news, have you heard that they have ever abused or do the things you are angered about that they freely do on nairaland?? The answer is no!! Do you know that they're the only ethnic group you can find in every village across Nigeria? Go and check the ones in your village, do they behave like what you are blindly trolling on nairaland? No bro! If they do they won't get far as they have. But those individuals when they come to nairaland can easily show their hate for the fun of it. It's just a game of who get mouth pass. When I started following nairaland, I usually see how Igbos are being disgraced on the forum. And the ones there at that time couldn't even construct a simple sensible sentence. You can go back to early threads on nairaland. I have to sign up so I can at least add a voice but just like me, maybe other concerned decided to come on board but are not bridled.

I took time to tell you how Igbos are raised so you can know how to better deal with them in peace or at wars.
Most of the people you are throwing tantrums with might even be a fellow business associate that rapports beautifully with you in real life but seeing nairaland provides great cover, they can be as rude as they come cause they have nothing to lose.

Know this things and know peace!!
The only person changing and distorting history here is you.
What about the hate against Ikwerre and Ngwa that are your own kind? What about Ijaw, Itshekiri, Hausa, Edo. You have issues with all these people too. Including people in faraway ghana and SA.
Did Yoruba start it too?
Now let’s do a survey you and me.
Dig out a post prior to 2011 where Yorubas were insulting the igbos. It was you people that started it when you were insulting Yoruba elders for talking to GEJ about marginalization.
I will also show you a thread that date back 2012 where igbos were using propaganda against one another because Abaribe and OUK. That one doesn’t even have anything to do with Yoruba. I will attach some screenshots.
Let me tell you if the hate is fully nutured to maturity who do you think will lose the more? Is it the Yoruba that you claim sell agbo in Aba or the igbos that sells electronics in Alaba?
Think. Think. Think.
Your problem is not having in-depth thought of situation. If you had done this. Your elders will not need to beg Buhari for MNK. Think.
Please defend the screenshots and tell me how they are responding to hate made by Yorubas against them. The only person making peace on that thread was a Yoruba man by the moniker aljharem or something like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Wedding Held In Middle Of Flood In Oyo State (Pictures) by absoluteSuccess: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:

Why will they be bothered in the first place?
You have your son as vice President yet your people are still eating ekute and lizards for food.
Suffering and smiling.

You sef, na only God go 4give you.

Receive amotekun beatings there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Twin Sisters Wed The Same Day (pics) / Kenyan Millionaire Javan Bidogo Wed's Two Friends Same Weekend. See Photos / Drunk Comedian Climbs A Palm Tree At A Burial In Okigwe, Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.