Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? (645 Views)

Video Of Single Ladies In Wedding Gowns Praying For A Life Partner (pics/video) / One Sentence To Divest Many Single Mums Of Their Panties. / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2021
This issue has been bothering my mind for long, there's single mums everywhere around us, young ladies still in high school are getting pregnant every now and then, they keep having babies out of wedlock forgetting that it will affect their future.

My neighbor's daughter of 16 years still in secondary school died recently after giving birth to a baby boy, her mother is the one raising the child now, she was romancing with a man of 45-50 years (a neighbor as well) which the mother and her siblings all knew about but decided to condone it, the man eventually impregnated her and the unthinkable happened.

You can hardly differentiate between a single mum and a lady without kids because of the way they both dress, some single mums are just too young nowadays and they will never tell you that secret if you are dating them since the kids don't live with them, your mind won't even go there as a young man seeing a very young lady below 20 or early 20s.

Is it poverty or lack of discipline in many homes that is fueling this ugly situation in our society?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Opeyemiextra(f): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2021
There is moral decadence every and it has fueled a lot of things in our society. The role models of most young ladies are morally bankrupt. In our present society, any and everything is acceptable.

Men and women alike also have their fair share of the blame.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
Its lack of discipline from both genders(so stop blaming women alone because babymamas are result of careless and irresponsible men) .People no longer frown at premarital sex,some will boldly tell you they can't marry a lady they've not had sex with.Complicated world.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
There is moral decadence every and it has fueled a lot of things in our society. The role models of most young ladies are morally bankrupt. In our present society, any and everything is acceptable.

Men and women alike also have their fair share of the blame.
You are right, we live in a morally bankrupt society where the pursuit of materialism and sexual immorality is the order of the day, young folks don't even consider safe sex anymore
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
Its lack of discipline from both genders(so stop blaming women alone because babymamas are result of careless and irresponsible men) .People no longer frown at premarital sex,some will boldly tell you they can't marry a lady they've not had sex with.Complicated world.
Both genders are at fault, but females have the bigger share of blame, so many young ladies these days dress provocatively, everything they do is aimed at getting guys attention.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
God1000:

Both genders are at fault, but females have the bigger share of blame, so many young ladies these days dress provocatively, everything they do is aimed at getting guys attention.
Why do you think all ladies dress provocatively because of men?
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Myzubby(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
lack of self control and indiscipline .
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
Iyaebe:
Why do you think all ladies dress provocatively because of men?
Not all ladies, but the vast majority of them, probably due to peer pressure and lack of contentment, they want to have every latest gadget and wear expensive clothes, you own your body and nobody can force you to have sex that will mar your life, we are the products of our decisions
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2021
Myzubby:
lack of self control and indiscipline .
I agree wholeheartedly

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
God1000:
This issue has been bothering my mind for long, there's single mums everywhere around us, young ladies still in high school are getting pregnant every now and then, they keep having babies out of wedlock forgetting that it will affect their future.

My neighbor's daughter of 16 years still in secondary school died recently after giving birth to a baby boy, her mother is the one raising the child now, she was romancing with a man of 45-50 years (a neighbor as well) which the mother and her siblings all knew about but decided to condone it, the man eventually impregnated her and the unthinkable happened.

You can hardly differentiate between a single mum and a lady without kids because of the way they both dress, some single mums are just too young nowadays and they will never tell you that secret if you are dating them since the kids don't live with them, your mind won't even go there as a young man seeing a very young lady below 20 or early 20s.

Is it poverty or lack of discipline in many homes that is fueling this ugly situation in our society?

OP ...
Poverty is not the cause for the rise of baby Mama's....it is simply INDISCIPLINE...
I know that poverty can make a person do things that he/she would normally not do on a norms, buh still it's no excuse...

Have you not seen baby mamas that come from rich homes?? And if poverty is to blame for the rise in baby mama, why don't all poor home have a baby mama??
You see my point

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2021
Favfables1:

OP ...
Poverty is not the cause for the rise of baby Mama's....it is simply INDISCIPLINE...
I know that poverty can make a person do things that he/she would normally not do on a norms, buh still it's no excuse...

Have you not seen baby mamas that come from rich homes?? And if poverty is to blame for the rise in baby mama, why don't all poor home have a baby mama??
You see my point
I understand you bro
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Favfables1:

OP ...

You see my point
You just said it all cool
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Vulcanheph(m): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2021
There are a lot of causes namely;

1. There isn't as much stigmatism on teenage pregnancy and single motherhood as it was before.
2. Most parents are becoming too negligent in raising children with morals.
3. The society is losing it's sense of moralities as a whole.
4. Lack of proper sex education.
5. Peer pressure. Etc
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Candidlady: 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Stupidity lack of self respect/worth lack of exposure poverty greed oloshoism madnes and many more icant list
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by AoifeNightfall: 3:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
*yawn

Mtchewwwwww

Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Vulcanheph:
There are a lot of causes namely;

1. There isn't as much stigmatism on teenage pregnancy and single motherhood as it was before.
2. Most parents are becoming too negligent in raising children with morals.
3. The society is losing it's sense of moralities as a whole.
4. Lack of proper sex education.
5. Peer pressure. Etc
Yeah, the culture of shame has disappeared, many of them engage in bad lifestyle/behaviour and brazen it out.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
Candidlady:
Stupidity
lack of self respect/worth
lack of exposure
poverty
greed
oloshoism
madnes
and many more icant list
Absolutely true.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by fourboys: 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by Quality20(m): 3:28pm On Nov 20, 2021
well I can't relate with what u typed above. Here in the highly cosmopolitan city of Kano in de far north we don't baby mamas, all we have besides normal families is a high presence of broken homes, and divorced ladies
Re: What Is Responsible For The Rise Of Single Mums Today In Our Society? by God1000(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2021
Quality20:
well I can't relate with what u typed above. Here in the highly cosmopolitan city of Kano in de far north we don't baby mamas, all we have besides normal families is a high presence of broken homes, and divorced ladies
The story is different down South, but early child marriage is very rampant in the north, these are all social problems bedevilling us.

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Ever Asked Yourself This Question ? / How Desmond Elliot’s Wife Allegedly Caught Him In Bed With Ghanaian Actress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.