Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. (59530 Views)

Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Church Girl (Titilope Alabi's Story) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 8:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
grin

9 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2021
This last post got modified. I typed it yesterday with sleepy eyes grin. Now my eyes are clear and I have added a few lines to it. So if you've read it already, you might want to read it again, especially the ending part.

Thank ya for ya patience.

That's the theme of this last post though grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by IZUKWU(m): 9:47am On Nov 29, 2021
Wonderful piece,milady

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by preshman22: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2021
IZUKWU:
Wonderful piece,milady
wonderful shit milady grin

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Ann2012(f): 12:26pm On Nov 29, 2021
An interesting piece

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ann2012:
An interesting piece
Ann2012! Hey ma'am.

How are you doing?

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Joelobioha(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Fantastique madame!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Chibuking1402(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Inspiring piece of writing...I crave to be hearing God speak to me in this manner �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by xaviercasmir(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
I don't usually like Christian romance stories because they tend to be lopsided towards spiritual aspect of life more than the physical side that the romance was meant to be.
But it seems your work is way more balanced than the rest of them.
Kudos

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Ann2012(f): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Rosemary33:
Ann2012! Hey ma'am.

How are you doing?

I’m good ma’am, how are you too?

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ann2012:

I’m good ma’am, how are you too?
great. Thanks a lot for showing here grin

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
xaviercasmir:
I don't usually like Christian romance stories because they tend to be lopsided towards spiritual aspect of life more than the physical side that the romance was meant to be.
But it seems your work is way more balanced than the rest of them.
Kudos
hey, xaviercasmir. I was wondering were you're at grin. How are you doing?

Yeah, I understand your angle, some Christian romance writers don't seem to get the balance between spirituality and the sweetness of romance as they tend to term most things carnal.

I have written some Christian romance stories that people love so much and even none Christians were comfortable with grin (not boasting sha)

I am a romance writer and emotions of the characters are as important to me as every other thing as romance writing is a craft.

So, I hope you'll enjoy this.
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Joelobioha:
Fantastique madame!!!!
aww... Thank you kiss
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Chibuking1402:
Inspiring piece of writing...I crave to be hearing God speak to me in this manner �
don't we all? But I think it's a spiritual journey.

Step by step we will get there.
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Joelobioha(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
Rosemary33:
aww... Thank you kiss
u welcome.. wink
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by xaviercasmir(m): 1:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Rosemary33:
hey, xaviercasmir. I was wondering were you're at grin. How are you doing?

Yeah, I understand your angle, some Christian romance writers don't seem to get the balance between spirituality and the sweetness of romance as they tend to term most things carnal.

I have written some Christian romance stories that people love so much and even none Christians were comfortable with grin (not boasting sha)

I am a romance writer and emotions of the characters are as important to me as every other thing as romance writing is a craft.

So, I hope you'll enjoy this.
Thanks a lot for asking about me. I am good just ghost viewing nairaland sections.
I will surely enjoy this wonderful piece of work because of the way you write. For example the interaction between God and those he chose to interact with explain how God interacts with his children not the so called"you have to fast for 100 years" and always squeezing your face as if to interact with God is by force.
Kudos

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 7:19am On Nov 30, 2021
xaviercasmir:

Thanks a lot for asking about me. I am good just ghost viewing nairaland sections.
I will surely enjoy this wonderful piece of work because of the way you write. For example the interaction between God and those he chose to interact with explain how God interacts with his children not the so called"you have to fast for 100 years" and always squeezing your face as if to interact with God is by force.
Kudos
grin grin grin
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Chibuking1402(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Rosemary33:
don't we all? But I think it's a spiritual journey.

Step by step we will get there.i
Yeah..most times the flesh is always the problem
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 7:04am On Dec 02, 2021
grin

7 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 7:05am On Dec 02, 2021
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Ann2012(f): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2021
Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by sweetonugbu: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Double post. Nne u are many many good

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 12:43am On Dec 03, 2021
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma’am
Thank you too for reading
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 12:43am On Dec 03, 2021
sweetonugbu:
Double post. Nne u are many many good
Thank you so much, nwanne
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Oluwakemisolami(f): 1:00am On Dec 03, 2021
Martha

Seemed I would be having Lunch with Lucky after all.

Not looking forward to it but what would a girl do? Lucky had found a way to convince the MD that he could be of help in the advertising contract we were pursuing.

Trust the smart pant, the MD bought his ideas hook line and sinker. So here I was at the lot, debating which car we should ride off with.

"Yours or mine?" He asked.

Does it really matter? I didn't want to go anyway with Lucky. Not that he was a bad guy, I just didn't want to hear him prattle about resurrecting the relationship we never had the chance to groom.

"Any of them is fine," I replied.

"Mine then. I've been wanting to show it off to someone." With his hand on my back, he led me to a sleek, red Toyota Camry. "It's a 2018 model. Got it last month." He beamed.

"It's nice." I was Impressed truly. Not that it changed anything about the way I felt about him though.

"Just nice? Matty, this car is sexy."

Matty? Was that supposed to be a pet name? I swallowed the sharp responses that were pushing to come out of my mouth, slid into the car and he closed the door.

"You won't regret this." He said as he took his seat behind the wheel.

The lunch or his getting involved in my business?

"I will make sure you have a good time." That answered it.

"We are doing this because we are expected to brainstorm and come up with a winning presentation in case MY proposal is accepted," I stressed the MY because I did it and I wanted the smarty pant to know that. And this brainstorming should have been in the office. But this runaway crush had insisted on a business lunch date. Claiming that good ideas are always birthed over plates of food.

"Brainstorming...yes...sure." He threw me a glance. "So, what do you know about the hotel?"

Truth be told, I knew nothing other than the hotel we were bidding to advertise was a new baby of a larger conglomerate. And they have agencies—two of them—that were already seeing to their advertising and marketing needs.

Their door wasn't open for new bidding. My MD only wanted to leverage the relationship he had with one of the directors to gain entrance.

I said it wasn't possible. My reason? We were still an average firm. The MD said it's possible and I had to make it happen.

His reason? I could get any deal I set my eyes and mind on. I'd done it on several occasions, but this one? I don't know why I wasn't elated about it.

"I can tell you all you need to know about this company and more." Lucky started with an enthusiasm of a kid who thinks he's the smartest in class. "You know I lived in Abuja all my life and my uncle is a manager in one of the subsidiaries?"

I didn't know and wasn't interested. Okay...I was interested, after all, I would be doing the physical presentation if the management of this hotel invites us over and I needed all the information I could get.

"The mother company is called Adbowel groups." I know that already.

"I'm starving, Lucky," I said.

"You are? Sorry, Matty. I want to take you to this nice place I discovered at water lines. Just that it's a little bit far."

Matty, If this guy calls me that name one more time, I swear I would cry.

I was about to roll my eyes when a sudden slice of guilt walked through my heart and I gave him a stolen glance.

I shouldn't be treating Lucky this way. He'd done nothing to me.

Huh...he broke my heart. But he's trying to make amends and there's nothing wrong with that.

Just that what he wanted, I wasn't ready to give.

Would have given him a chance had Micheal not...

Not now Martha.

"We are here." Lucky announce as he veered off the road, to the left and pulled the car into this new place.

Micheal

I am responsible for showing her to you, her becoming yours is strictly your doing.

So, the Lord had chosen to leave the work of finding the lady to me.

What happens to work his purpose out? If it's his will that she be mine, he was supposed to make it easy for me to meet her again. But the Lord was specific with what he told me three nights ago;

I show you business opportunities, soften the hearts of kings for you. I don't do the investment for you.

And his point was? go get your woman, old man.

How do I even do that without raising scandals?

I needed help. Wooing a woman was something I've not done in a long time and now I had to even search for the lady?
Bitting on my pen, I considered taking the next flight to Enugu where she told me she was residing.

But then, the coal city wasn't just a street where everyone would know everyone and going through the fellowship would be a useless venture as we had more than one hundred chapters there so locating the one she attends would be quite a task.

Can I ask that you tell me how to go about this please Lord, I promise I wouldn't bother you again.

No response.

So I went back to check my emails— I was supposed to get a message from the office of the commissioner for lands and property.

Halfway on it, my office phone rang. Someone was waiting to see me.

"Send him in," I said.

"Mr chairman, sir." Chief Olu, one my directors walked in.

"Chief."

"The new hotel...we spoke yesterday." We've been speaking almost everyday about the new hotel. The man had been on my neck over this new advertising agency.

"Why are you hellbent on us considering this new agency?" I pulled my eyes away from my laptop to gaze at the man.

"They will save us a lot of money. How much are you paying these other guys? Compare it to what these people are willing to take." The man walked to my fridge and returned with a bottle of drink and two glasses, Offered me one but I declined.

"These guys are relatively cheap." He said, pouring himself a drink.

"I don't do cheap, I do result."

"And you will get results, my chairman." He sat down on the chair opposite mine. "I've known them for year's..."

"Oh," I arched my brows. "You have a personal interest then."

He almost choked on the drink. "No no no..." Downing his drink, he leaned forward. "Arrr... Okay, Chairman. Yes, There director is a friend, alright?"

Bingo. I knew there was something more to this than this man was presenting. He wouldn't want us to use another agency simply because he wanted to save us some money.

"So, what is in it for you?" I asked. Returning my eyes to the screen.

"What?"

"They must have offered you something."

"No...nothing..."

I allowed some moments of silence while wondering why I should be discussing this with this man in the first place.

I have managers. Heads of subsidiaries whose job description includes decision making—this new hotel already had a manager who Olu should have gone to with this offer.

However...

"Send their proposal to me," I said, hoping to do a back check on them before recommending.

Recommend. That's all I would do, It's left for the members of the management to accept or reject.

"Thank you so much!" The man said.

"I hope they meet my expectations."

Thanks for the post sis. More wisdom,knowledge and abundant blessings. Amen

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Joelobioha(m): 1:49am On Dec 03, 2021
This lucky of a guy ehhn..small small oo...Sister Rosemary daalu oo..nice one... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by preshman22: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2021
I Love Destiny Etiko
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Joelobioha:
This lucky of a guy ehhn..small small oo...Sister Rosemary daalu oo..nice one... grin grin grin
Imela rine
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hi, everyone. Weekends are always busy for me. You know as a working wife and mother.

So please, I will write the next episode this night, hopefully

6 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eight

Martha

I am killing it.

From the looks on these ladies and gentlemen's faces, I needed no one to tell me that I've got everyone in the room eating out of my palms—most of them anyway.

My eyes caught Lucky who was bopping his head like a lizard under the sun.

Why did he even follow me to Abuja? As far as I was concerned, I was capable of nailing this deal...

But as usual, the MD's favourite boy needed to give just one ridiculous reason and the next thing? He's leeched with me.

Well, he's here. Watching me grab a reasonable number of these mean-looking men and women by the crotches. And judging by the way he's staring at me, he must be screaming, Matty, you're a natural In his mind.

Matty... blaa... I hate that name.

"Our team of contact creators and social media managers will leverage social media channels to attract more potential customers..."

"We don't need the extra effort. Our name alone brings customers to us." An elderly man whose moustache reminded me of the wings of a butterfly cut in and that was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard any business manager say.

Seriously? Even google engages in flash adverts on social media.

"Adbowel group is a household name in hospitality and estate business. But Cherry Hill hotel is not..." I still had more words in my mouth when the door swung and someone walked in.

Someone that a skin warming breeze announced his entrance—and a tingling sensation walked through my body as I cast my eyes on him.

Was my breath knocked out of me or was it just...? God! I needed to grab the table so I could steady my shaky limbs.

"We weren't expecting you, Sir." The man that had been sitting on the head chair said, getting up for the man that had haunted my dreams to take his place.

"I wasn't expecting myself to be here either." Laughter erupted in the room as he took his seat and every other person did as well (they all stood up immediately he entered.)

"So, how is it..." He trailed off as he saw me.

Yes, he saw me! And I swear I could see surprise and something else—something he clouded almost immediately, in his eyes.

I suddenly felt inadequate in my plain knee-length corporate gown. The new dress I wore the day I met Lucky at the car park would have been perfect.

"Matty...matty..." Lucky tugged on my dress, pulling me out of shock. "You are staring too much."

I didn't realise how quiet the room had gone and that I had multiple pairs of eyes on me until Lucky pulled me out of my stupor state.

Snatching my eyes away, I settled them back on the slide behind me while nursing the embarrassment that was gnawing my stomach.

"How is it going?" I heard him ask.

"The lady can sell freezers to the Eskimos." Someone replied.

"She's that good huh?"

"There is nothing special about what they are offering. We have agents handling our promotions, I say we stick to them, sir." The man with the butterfly moustache said.

A short silence beat.

"So, miss..." Really? He was going to pretend he doesn't know my name now? Right...

"Mrs Martha Nkemdili, sir." He arched his brows and relaxed on the chair, stroking his jaw. "Head of marketing, Brighton advertising agency."

Can we do a rewind back to when this sexy angel walked in? He was in jeans and a Tee-shirt. And oh mary mother of God, jeans and shirt had never looked good on a man like it did on this tall, fit son of God that seemed to have grabbed my heart.

"Their firm is a small one." The same man that has been antagonising me, chipped in. "Let's deal with firms that are known."

"We may be small..." A quick look at Micheal's face and I suddenly felt like bitting his perfectly shaped nose off. The silver fox had his lips puckered in a suppressed laughter and I think I knew why.

The look on his face spoke loudly, Obviously, little woman. You are small.
"We may not be a very known firm, but we are a group of goal-oriented people and our clients have never felt disappointed. Our records speak for us."

The proposal presentation ended twenty minutes after and they promised to get back to us.

"Miss Martha?" He called out as I busied myself with gathering my things.

"Huh?" I've missed that voice. The way he calls my name as if he would be doing a great wrong if he doesn't pronounce it right.

"A word with you, if you don't mind." I hope he didn't hear the sound of my heart thumping to a happy dance.

"I...uh... It's okay, sir." A word wasn't going to be enough, let's talk till there are no more words left to say.

"What is wrong with that guy?" Lucky whispered impatiently beside me. The room was empty except for Micheal, Lucky and me. And I guessed Micheal was waiting for Lucky to leave too.

"Which guy?" I asked Lucky, feigning ignorance of what he was talking about.

"The one seated over there, throwing glances at us from the crown of his eye...he's coming over here."

My eyes whipped up and I saw him walking towards us.

Can this damn heart stop racing? I had to act right... But lady jittery had decided to shake hands with me.

I needed to fix my eyes somewhere, anywhere but his face!

Not even on his body, because his masculine frame would make me sin in my heart.

"I, you did great." He was standing before me now, the only thing separating us was a chair I deliberately place before me as a shield.

"Thank you, sir." Lucky and I echoed together.

If he suspected anything going on between Lucky and me, it didn't show on his face.

"Have Lunch with me..." Running his tongue over his lips—an action I wished I didn't see because daughter of Zion was suddenly longing for a kiss—he held my gaze daring me to turn him down. "Please," he added.

"Actually sir, we have to head back to our...hotel so we can..."

"Let the lady talk." He cut Lucky off, then turn back at me. "What do you say, little woman?"

"I will have lunch with you, sir." He smiled, a smile that turned my heart into a sweet pudding.

"But Matty! We have to..."

"I will go with him." Oh God, I could feel fireflies in my stomach. This tall man was doing something inside of me.

Dear Lord, I can see what you are doing.

18 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Blesstar(f): 12:43am On Dec 06, 2021
awwn... love is flying in the air...
Beautiful story Rosemary. can't wait for the next episode

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by vetrovialMan(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bia Rosemary take ya tym dia, you can't be having a grown ass man re-reading your write up from first word to last dot while waiting for an update. Must have read it four or five times daily since your last update. wink Nice work, keep it coming

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.