Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. (59545 Views)

Line In Between: An Interracial Christian Romance. / The Church Girl (Titilope Alabi's Story) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Oluwakemisolami(f): 12:25am On Jan 25, 2022
Aunty Rosé.. you are a darling..
Thanks for the update kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by greatlinda(f): 2:49am On Jan 25, 2022
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by gal10(f): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2022
People get gift oooo!!! See writing na����

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by YoungBrymo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Aunty Rose you are doing a great job. Love every piece of this awesome story. Gracias!!!!!!!!!! Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gracias!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Lilly4endu(f): 6:34pm On Jan 25, 2022
tongue tongue Oliver twist, thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Ann2012(f): 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2022
Chai… I want more ooooo

Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Ifyliss: 2:46am On Jan 26, 2022
Thanks for the update dear..
Rosemary just be whining my nipple��

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Liz23(f): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2022
grin grin
Ma'am I bow in respect,
I'm so into this story that when I refresh and there's no update,I become moody.
Thanks for sharing your gift!

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 12:44am On Jan 29, 2022
This few days has been so busy for me as I'm working on my latest book that will be coming out in the 28th of February "Many Water."

I'll post the next chapter of this tomorrow, please.

2 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 12:45am On Jan 29, 2022
Mehn, see as una dey show me love, thank you to everyone who is reading this story. I hope it excite and equally gives value.

4 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Oluwakemisolami(f): 6:13am On Jan 29, 2022
Rosemary33:
Mehn, see as una dey show me love, thank you to everyone who is reading this story. I hope it excite and equally gives value.

You worth am my sister...
Thanks for bringing us into the knowledge of hoe God works.
Reading your story gives me courage say even if i dey chop, baba God go still dey follow me talk and nobody is beyond redeemeable...
Kudos ma'am

By the way, update pls

2 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Mizprettyberry: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2022
Rosemary33:
This few days has been so busy for me as I'm working on my latest book that will be coming out in the 28th of February "Many Water."

I'll post the next chapter of this tomorrow, please.
well done, nice writeup, enjoying every bit of your writing

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Blesstar(f): 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
Rosemary33:
Thank you too for sharing this wonderful book with us FOR FREE. cheesy
May God bless the work of your hands and prosper you abundantly.
More ink to ur pen my darling Rosemary.��
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by silverlinen(m): 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2022
Okay Rosemary i want to list my complaints

1. Why do you have to put up something breathtaking as this

2. Now you're making me review my relationship with God

3. You got me wanting more of these

4. I really hope to get know you personally (albeit if allowed)

5. Where did you get this

I get plenty complaints oo buh make i hang boot for these ones first
I go continue later....I must appreciate you for these cos I'm kinda trying to retrace my steps GRACIAS

1 Like

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by guyXander(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2022
Rosemary33:
A true-life event inspired story.

One

I wasn't looking for a man.

Okay. The truth was... Men weren't looking for me. Not any more.

I was one of those ladies you could call, "Old maids." However, I wasn't old— not in that sense. I was beautiful, slender, could pass for a twenty-eight year old even though I was thirty-nine. And I wasn't a maid.

I've got a good job, my own house and a car. Those were supposed to attract men to me, right?

They didn't.

There was a time I used to get those attentions (I was a head-turner...still is). I guess men got tired of my face and decided to seek after younger women.

How did I know it was my age that scared them? They would always dump me a few weeks after revealing my age to them. And I couldn't lie either.

I was a good Christian (Still am) and didn't want to play games to hook a man... So there... Back to my story ��

I stopped trying to get a man and channelled my energy into building a career and strengthening my relationship with God. I wasn't going to bear a grudge against God for not giving me a husband.

Yes, It hurts to have your younger ones bring their kids for you to babysit while they galavant with their spouses.

Your friends alienate themselves from you because they are now married and you are not, and only remember to call you when they need financial support.

To become a godmother to countless children while men avoid you like a plague once you mention marriage, so there was no hope of having your own kids.

Yes... It hurts like hell but I wasn't going to take it out on God.

It's six years since I took the decision not to pray for a husband and gradually, the desire to be with a man dispersed like mist in the cloud.

And the Lord kept promoting and prospering me (who was I to complain?)

Then, one morning, I heard the Lord say to me. "I am going to give you a man after my heart."

Me: *looked around to know if there was someone with me in the kitchen, but there was none.*

God: "I am going to give you a man after my heart."

Me: Father, I hope you are not talking to me.

God: *for the third time* "I am giving you a man after my heart."

Me: Don't tempt me, God. You know I love you with or without a man so don't play this game with me.

The conversation ended and I left for work.

Fast forward to two weeks later. I was in a Christian organisation's national conversation (name of the fellowship withheld) got me the front seat, a few feet from the podium and was enjoying a great moment of worship when the speaker for the night mounted the pulpit.

A slender, handsome, fair-skinned with pink lips, soft-spoken man that should be in his early fifties.

When I say handsome, this man was super handsome down to his smiles and the most attractive thing about him was that he was oblivious of his looks.

A widower for more than seven years. and with two grown kids, that stay abroad. (He was the national president of our Christian organisation so we know his story)

This sexy-as-an-angel son of the most high was a multi-billionaire with hotels all over the country and moved with a security entourage.

Enough of describing him... Back to my story ��

I watched him lay on that altar as the worship was going on, rolling and praying for minutes. When he stood up and was about to start preaching, the Lord said to me:

God: Here he is.

Ah ah nau. God if you are a joker, this one is too expensive. Baba no dey do this kine thing abeg.

Preaching started...

A few minutes later, he said again.

God: I will make him come to you.

Okay. Now, this is serious. Uncle God... If I don't know your voice, I would have said the devil has started ministering. Mana Biko, stop this expensive joke...

I've not even been anywhere near this man—Ever! He didn't know me... Yes he was our president but for the "wee donkeys of Nazareth's sake," the fellowship has over five million members, this man resided in Abuja and I resided in Enugu, attending a branch where this man had NEVER VISITED!

As these things were going on in my head, Mr handsome son of Jehovah abruptly stopped speaking.

For about three minutes he stood there, with mic in his hand and eyes closed. Then suddenly he turned toward my direction and cast those eyes on me.

Even seated on the front roll, I was still a little far from the podium but I felt that gaze to my bones.

His eyes, piercing smokey dark orbs, locked with mine and I swear I could pick my heart from my mouth that minute.

He saw me!

This man noticed me!!

What he did next sent jitter down the pit of my stomach and flutter coursing through my skin. I saw an almost imperceptible smile walk up to his lips and he gave a slight nod before tearing his eyes away to continue the ministration...

We're inviting writers to a our WhatsApp writers community. Text me on WhatsApp on this number: 0.9.0.2.9.8.4.0.3.0.5
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Blesstar(f): 8:42am On Jan 31, 2022
Rosemary you promised to update yesterday naw..
I've been refreshing the page every hour but no luck.. cry
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2022
grin

18 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Mizprettyberry: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Oliver ask for more! Welldone
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mizprettyberry:
Oliver ask for more! Welldone
grin grin grin
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 4:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
Blesstar:
Rosemary you promised to update yesterday naw..
I've been refreshing the page every hour but no luck.. cry
Forgive me o, I was so tired to complete it. But it's posted now
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 4:17pm On Jan 31, 2022
silverlinen:
Okay Rosemary i want to list my complaints

1. Why do you have to put up something breathtaking as this

2. Now you're making me review my relationship with God

3. You got me wanting more of these

4. I really hope to get know you personally (albeit if allowed)

5. Where did you get this

I get plenty complaints oo buh make i hang boot for these ones first
I go continue later....I must appreciate you for these cos I'm kinda trying to retrace my steps GRACIAS
grin grin

Let me answer as much as I can o

1. Sorry o, I didn't mean to make it so nice like this grin

2. That's great

3. Ask and you shall receive

4. Maybe, one day. But I don't talk as much as I write grin so you may find me boring.

5. Fresh from my head. The characters are inspired by two people I know, but the story is fresh from my head every day.

Gracias kiss
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
Blesstar:

Thank you too for sharing this wonderful book with us FOR FREE. cheesy
May God bless the work of your hands and prosper you abundantly.
More ink to ur pen my darling Rosemary.��
Amen!!!
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Oluwakemisolami:

You worth am my sister...
Thanks for bringing us into the knowledge of hoe God works.
Reading your story gives me courage say even if i dey chop, baba God go still dey follow me talk and nobody is beyond redeemeable...
Kudos ma'am

By the way, update pls

Na so, nobody is beyond redemption smiley
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by silverlinen(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Rosemary33:
grin grin

Let me answer as much as I can o

1. Sorry o, I didn't mean to make it so nice like this grin

2. That's great

3. Ask and you shall receive

4. Maybe, one day. But I don't talk as much as I write grin so you may find me boring.

5. Fresh from my head. The characters are inspired by two people I know, but the story is fresh from my head every day.

Gracias kiss
And now I'm asking
I go out our meeting for prayer.. lol
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Patnelly: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2022
This story is sensational and intriguing. You are an incredible writer Rose. God bless and continue to endow your writing prowess. More ideas to turn brain�
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Oluwakemisolami(f): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Aunty Rose ��� Mary Biko come and update na....
Thanks in advance kiss kiss
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by horhizah(f): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
Sisi I go appear for your dream o. Please we need update.
Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Rosemary33: 11:17pm On Feb 04, 2022
grin

15 Likes

Re: The Church Girl Christian Romance. A Short Story. by Blesstar(f): 12:04am On Feb 05, 2022
first to comment.. Yayyy grin
Thanks for the update Rosemary cheesy
God will surely make a way for them

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Lupita Nyong'o's Outfits Recreated By Little Girls / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.