Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? (43862 Views)

Loan Hack: How To Always Get Your Online Loan Application Approved / How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Sues EFCC N200bn For ‘Defamation, Falsehood’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jetbound:

That's what it should be normally they're supposed to alert the bank so they can be debited automatically. No where in the world is defaulting on a loan a crime. You can't be arrested for it. Person wey no get money to pay back wan pay bail??. But stealing people's data and sending spam messages is a serious offense most Nigerians don't know that. They are taking advantage of defenseless people in this country and you're taking their side. Most of these companies are Chinese and God knows how much data they've stolen from Nigerians and that should be a national security issue. Not everyone has bad intentions in this country and people shouldn't be threated this way.

This is a comment from a sensible human. Analysing the subject from either sides before making a meaningful contribution. Unlike most people that just keep typing nonsense. Not all of these people have bad intention of not repaying, things happen beyond people's control sometimes and they may default against their own honest intention. A lot of people here are just so cruel with their comments and am not really surprised that most Nigerian people that type and comments on things on social networks are just myopic people. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by TheMostComplex1: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
hope4nigeria:
thief, how can you be giving loan with 40%interest in 7days, if you send derogatory message to my contacts, I will never pay again. You and CBN will do nothing as I won't use all my accounts to receive money again

Why are you calling them thieves? Did they force them to take the loan? A loan the give out to those in serious need without background checks? And people get this loans with few minutes after filing the form. They are really helping people even though that the interest is high

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Finewarriboy: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter the bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

I don't understand why some of una go dey borrow money without paying back.

Bullshit
Na ona, loan agent... I receive dix touts texts alot on one unknown person issue... Ona too do, people don commit suicide because of 6k... Oga get sense or get lost

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by blackpanda: 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
omasco922:
They are just unprofessional.
How can you as a loan lender do such thing and expect the borrower to repay. Most borrower has the genuine mind to repay, may be they did not get the money on time. After adding late interest fee, you still go and disgrace him. Now your action has cause damage to him and also the loan company which made their actions childish.

They did it also to me. Since they have don their worst, I block all their number both phone and whatsapp ontill I'm ready to repay. I'm no longer rushing to repay.
And before I repay, they must first send apology messages to all my contact and also remove all the overdues.

I told one that 10m naira is not enough to compensate me for what they have done. She later sail they cannot remove all the overdue that they will remove some amount. But when the time comes they will remove all.

You are part of the problem. Go and pay your loan, it's the responsible thing to do. Lenders won't just rush to embarrass u. It's because u actually refused to pay. They must have given u several warning which u ignored

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by babz11(m): 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
One of the Loan Company called me Today, That One Oyinkansola Took Loan From Their Company That She used me As Guarantor. She Started Threatening Me that The Company Will Put me in Prison If She Did not Pay. I was Like Is this Some Kind Of Joke. Why will Someone use me as Guarantor Without my consent....
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Orangebasket:
Nigerians and one kind foking entitlement sh!t ehn... You waka jeje go meet company collect loan... Then you feel its your right to pay anytime you like.. Forgetting these companies are running a business..and when they now take drastic measures...

You begin run mouth...begin threaten them..begin devise means not to pay... This is why we will never grow...

And now these companies are no more giving loans that easily to people...
A friend of mine that is planning an event due for christamas got denied cause of this same awful behaviour ..

Later mugu dem go begin shout Endsars....End bad governance... criminals!!!

Did the loan companies tell you that all the people that got their loans default? Why are most of you speaking as if it is all the people that got those loans that don't pay back? Loan companies are just cruel and devilish. Things happen and a vast majority of people that patronise them might just have no option left, not that they Waka jẹjẹ to go collect loans! You people should be smart. Do t just comment for commenting sake. These loan people are mostly Chinese companies, and Chinese are just too wicked and cruel. I guess some of you have never worked with them before so you don't know the kind of people they are.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
adonainana:
I will keep repeating myself again and again on this online loan app matter

Please how can anyone or a group of persons come from abroad with millions of dollars in capital and decide the only thing they would rather do is lend unsecured loans without no collateral whatsoever to citizens of a country where poverty in same land mass supercedes anywhere else on planet earth

Like something is wrong somewhere, a country where people kill people in the believ that they will sell their parts or use thier fortune to become rich ( and thier definition of rich not being 100 million pounds or dollars rich ooo)

A country where blood sisters and brothers kills them selves to inherit land that is not worth 10 million naira maximum

A country which has yahoo boys or online fraudsters than anywhere else on planet earth

A company will will come with 100 million dollars and start giving it out as unsecured loans to anyone who has a snalrtphone and can confirm his identity through BVN o wrong now

Imagine someone logging out of his zenith bank app to log into a loan app to apply for a loan, shey common sense cannot even ask the loan company how come zenith bank that has billions of dollars cannot lend you money and why

Sometimes you need street sense to be able to invest in Nigeria and knowing exactly what we give you insane profits and a total waste of time

Sometimes the street sense in doing business is not thought anywhere in school except on the street here in Nigeria

See now the loan app companies are frustrated and are now blackmailing it’s debtors lol after you lose guard finish

The same problem happens in developed countries per loan apps ...so it isn't a Nigerian thing

The UK, for example, eleven years ago, had an issue with similar loan apps/websites (Wonga.com). People were struggling to pay and were owing big time. And that's a developed country with 'good investment profile'.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Adakintroy: 8:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Shows many educated people are not different form agaberos. Education did not cut through their skin hard.

The way papa nnamdi go behave if him borrow you and you no pay back or local money lender go react, that's how many of this so called educated lending companies are reacting. There should be an educated spin to the way they Recoup on it. Am not seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

The ones I know that borrow from these loan apps are chronic debtors that colleagues, friends would never lend money to because they will never pay back

Those are the ones you know. It doesn't apply to all the people that were not able to pay back. Don't generalize.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Froshloaded: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
This fintech companies should employ smart people that will give them smart ideas to curb this..

If I own a loaning app, I will make sure you fill your debit card details down, as soon as money enters your account, my money will be debited immediately.. no need to dey go through all this stress.

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Godbless3(m): 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
The CBN will soon make a law, if you borrow and you don't pay back... Anytime wey money enter the bank account linked to your BVN, them go comot your money with interest sef.

Bullshit

So thats why i should be receiving message/voice/call about another person depth.
Why do they disturb me? I borrow too?
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Cj4charles(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
I hate all these rubbish, pay up your debt and stop all these sympathy attention. The company that gave you the loan are doing their business, they also have bills to settle
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by chloride6: 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
FuckDModz:
They'll keep sending the messages and tracking your bank account until you pay up.

Nigerians are difficult people. Why take a loan when you have no means of paying it back?

Some of these fuc.king bastards have means of paying back, but they would rather receive payment for their pathetic services with another person's account just to pepper the loan company.

The best way to go about this is still imprisonment!
Idiots should be imprisoned if they fail to pay back a non-collateral loan after some time. Then send a message to their contacts that their idiot relative has been remanded in prison with no hope of even watery beans.

I can only shrug my head for you...
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by hope4nigeria(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

Why are you calling them thieves? Did they force them to take the loan? A loan the give out to those in serious need without background checks? And people get this loans with few minutes after filing the form. They are really helping people even though that the interest is high
they are not helping people, they're exploiting ignorant people, how are you helping with 40% interest in just 5 or 7days? Common, you are stealing from poor people and you are calling it help

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Cj4charles(m): 8:20pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit
I swear down, i just hate some Nigerians characters
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Personally speaking, I have no sinparty for the people who come here and yell at loan companies for defaming them and forcing them to commit suicide.

These loan companies did not force you to take their loans. They also made their t and c clear enough...then people come and take loans and refuse to pay, then start crying when their contacts are called.

Before anyone starts...me I once had to take a loan from a loan company(now known as Migo). I needed the loan for 30 days. Migo offered me the loan for 14 days only. If i took the loan, by the time the thing expired, it would be five days to my salary...and problem go start. So, I SUFFERED for five days and then took the loan...and paid back when the salary alat came in.

Even unexpected situations, I have gone through it with Branch, who gave me two days extra. I borrowed to pay off that Branch loan.

The thing is, before you take a loan, read the T and C. If you are sure you cannot pay back...then go to your family, friends, even church or mosque and ask for help. Don't borrow money and refuse to pay. Infact if you do that kind of nonsense aborad, they will send police to come and arrest you eventually, and it would become court case. Plus other sanctions.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by BullyBullies: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
Annie001:

If that is the case Buhari should also be in prison.
Ode
I hope you get into a terrible situation that will make you borrow and not be able to pay back, then you will come back to say this rubbish

Don't mind them. A lot of them commenting are just terrible human beings with great touch of arrogance. Wicked leaders and people in authority that lack empathy in Nigeria are just the reflection of the Nigerian society. Just imagine how they keep saying rubbish as if it's all the people that defaulted that genuinely didn't want to pay back. Hypocrites everywhere. Chinese slaves.

3 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by adonainana: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2021
backbencher:

The same problem happens in developed countries per loan apps ...so it isn't a Nigerian thing

The UK, for example, eleven years ago, had an issue with similar loan apps/websites (Wonga.com). People were struggling to pay and were owing big time. And that's a developed country with 'good investment profile'.

People don’t kill themsleves for money rituals in the Uk, people don’t kill thier parents and siblings without thinking twice because of money in the Uk

Do you know how many friends in this Nigeria that might consider killing his other friend without thinking twice so as to avoid paying his a debt owed to him for instance. It happens all the time

Nigeria has a poverty problem and a serious money problem so serious you could lose your life because of money wey no reach 10k dollars

All wonga did was give out loans at impossible interest rates and abysmal interest rates, before it was shut down there were Lon companies and after it was shut down there are still loan companies operating in a better climate where an electronic credit score can easily decide who gets what or not

Nigeria is the other way around, someone can see 2 million naira in your bank account today and if you are not careful you could be killed or kidnapped because of it, shey na the type of people you wan dey give unsecured loans to be that
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by aktolly54(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
Elsueno:

U never jam debtors they all make same excuses... something came up blah blah...U are supposed to pay IMMEDIATELY u get the money on d said date, that was the agreement!
Though loan companies & bank loans are wicked devils too
loan company should have office everywhere and their debtor can bring valuable things to their office until he repay the loan. There are some people who is decent and won't mind to bring land document or valuable item to their office for assurance that they(debtor) are not running away. Na things wey bend turn some people to debtor, some have a good reputation but things just change and turn things upside down

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
hope4nigeria:
they are not helping people, they're exploiting ignorant people, how are you helping with 40% interest in just 5 or 7days? Common, you are stealing from poor people and you are calling it help

Well, the poor people can avoid borrowing from the loan sharks.

After all, loan apps like Carbon, Branch., et al don't come and force you to borrow from them. Some will even refuse to give you money (I have a permanent beef with Sokoloan because they refused to lend me cash...despite having a intention to pay back). They offer you money, but tell you from the onset what the t andc are.

And if you know you cannot pay back on the day, do like some have done, and DON'T TAKE THE LOAN. Go to your church, or mosque, and ask for help (and if they don't give you, change church self).

2 Likes

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by sangresan(m): 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

Who will believe this if not gullible folks like you?

Most of the these loan companies aren't registered with the Credit Bureau.

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit
That can't possible, after those online deduct there money, they will continue deducting it
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by ultimateprof: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
There is hunger in our country, people borrow to eat than to invest. Tufiakwa! PMB till 2040.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Richyblack1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
Abeg where can i borrow 30k online its ugent
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by justking(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
Nawa o{o
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
adonainana:

People don’t kill themsleves for money rituals in the Uk, people don’t kill thier parents and siblings without thinking twice because of money in the Uk

Do you know how many friends in this Nigeria that might consider killing his other friend without thinking twice so as to avoid paying his a debt owed to him for instance. It happens all the time

Nigeria has a poverty problem and a serious money problem so serious you could lose your life because of money wey no reach 10k dollars

All wonga did was give out loans at impossible interest rates and abysmal interest rates, before it was shut down there were Lon companies and after it was shut down there are still loan companies operating in a better climate where an electronic credit score can easily decide who gets what or not

Nigeria is the other way around, someone can see 2 million naira in your bank account today and if you are not careful you could be killed or kidnapped because of it, shey na the type of people you wan dey give unsecured loans to be that

at the bolded...the same thing is happening in Nigeria too.

Plus they give loans at such abysmal rates because they are giving the loans sans collateral. If they took a collateral, they won't need such high rates...but most of their target customers don't have the kind of collateral they had.

Plus, loan companies don't force poor Nigerians to borrow from them. And they always tell you you must have the means to pay back before borrowing. They all do.

Me, I have refused to borrow from loan apps when I know I have no means of paying them back, including one time where I went ungry for a few days rather than borrow from a loan app because I knew I won't meet up with their payment day if i took the loan at that time.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by HazzanTazzan(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
LongBig:
Why pay back when a collateral damage have been done? If they insist on getting back their funds tell them to go do damage control. Simple!
If I paid back the loan at agreed time, they won’t damage your reputation...

You lot are so hard to help... ure claiming collateral damage when ure the cause of the whole damage they did to your image by refusing to pay...

Nigerians are just shameless

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by peeps4u: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

Banks already have the power to deduct their money from any bank acct owned by the indebted person. The truth is that these mushroom loan platforms arent regulated, they arent backed by such law, hence their resorts to cheap blackmail to get their money back

1 Like

Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by udemzyudex(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
LongBig:
Why pay back when a collateral damage have been done? If they insist on getting back their funds tell them to go do damage control. Simple!

You resemble person wey go dey owe person money.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by nautybride: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
AK481:

I know a plumber using the wife bank account to receive payment for 4 years now.

grin Wise man! But his chicken will come home to roost one day!
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by treatise: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Bullshit

Global Standing Instruction(GSI) is already in place but I know it's been applied selectively.
Re: Online Loan Operators; After The Defamation, What Next? by Jetbound: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Paperbag:

When you kept clicking (accept and allow) what did you think you where doing ??

You already agreed they can make use of your data at will , messages ,contact n so on ..

Lol, you think they are stupid ?? grin

These apps have terms of agreement with consequences if you don't repay in time. I'm sure stealing from people's phone is not one of them. If this was a civilized nation a class action suit would have put them out of business already. Downloading user data is also illegal in china. Those companies are here to exploit africans

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.