Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding (22129 Views)

4 Jobs Abroad That Requires No Certification / Engineering Graduates, What Is Your Advice To Undergraduates? / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by ifiokjohn(m): 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olam09:

Yea, is it too much?
See bro let me be truthful to you. The Nollywood you criticize is putting food on a lot of people's table and making them comfortable.

Try to start small.. start with doing Nollywood level movies. From little by little you get to do Nollywood standard movies like "The wedding party, Omo ghetto, King of Boys " etc... From there , many will come to know you and trust you..before you know they will be willing to invest 10-15 million on your movies...if you get 10 people ready to invest that, it is a 100-150 million then. Besides, do you know most of this Nollywood movies I listed above funds were gotten from the bank of industry?.....the bank gave this Nollywood producers because they're well known and they can execute it. But if you are waiting for 500k dollars investment as an upcoming producer, you go wait tire. You have to learn to start small. Producing Nollywood standard movies, get to know the industry, others producers, actors, directors etc. Let the movie you produce at least be in standard like the movies I mentioned above..Cinema standard and then watch your application to the BOI for loan approved.
That's my thought. Reason m.

3 Likes

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by ifiokjohn(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olam09:

Bro that's not your field and i don't think you understand the huge profit movies do generate.. but I'm not talking about Nigerian movies oo.. I'm talking about Hollywood movies..
Start small bro, start with Nollywood cinema standard and before you know even Netflix will contact you...start small and get the network first. To be sincere no one in his right man will give out his 500k dollars to someone without even a noteworthy Nollywood cinema standard movie. That's just the truth.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by QueenVaji: 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Damilare65:
heyy yall don't tell him your ideas oo. he might as well steal itb cheesy happens a lot in China,

can you throw more light or give an example how it happens in China..thanks

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by folake4u(f): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
FuckDModz:
This is how lazy Nigerians steal ideas.

Don't share!

Lmao I thought I was the only one thinking this too. God help us.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by sageb: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
I have written my SOP and submitted to The National Jubilee fellows programme.
I await the announcement of selected graduates
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Dannydrums889: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Tech Want to venture into tech business But did not have a laptop
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Funkybabee(f): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
It's meant for myself nah not for public

Just 1.5m
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by QueenVaji: 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olam09:

sad i been dey look for grant and screenplay contest up and down.. if to say my screenplay na Nollywood style now i would have produced many movie.. to make a movie in Nigeria is fuçking cheap but the boxoffice is very annoying

you sound like a fool dreaming...talking about Hollywood movie and 500k in dollars...wake up u bastard
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2021
I am a talented upcoming artiste, but no money to fund the dream. Also created a product. But no funds to push it into the market

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Olam09(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
QueenVaji:

you sound like a fool dreaming...talking about Hollywood movie and 500k in dollars...wake up u bastard

No future ambition man replan your future i can see it's very bleak.. fool

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Olam09(m): 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2021
ifiokjohn:
See bro let me be truthful to you. The Nollywood you criticize is putting food on a lot of people's table and making them comfortable.

Try to start small.. start with doing Nollywood level movies. From little by little you get to do Nollywood standard movies like "The wedding party, Omo ghetto, King of Boys " etc... From there , many will come to know you and trust you..before you know they will be willing to invest 10-15 million on your movies...if you get 10 people ready to invest that, it is a 100-150 million then. Besides, do you know most of this Nollywood movies I listed above funds were gotten from the bank of industry?.....the bank gave this Nollywood producers because they're well known and they can execute it. But if you are waiting for 500k dollars investment as an upcoming producer, you go wait tire. You have to learn to start small. Producing Nollywood standard movies, get to know the industry, others producers, actors, directors etc. Let the movie you produce at least be in standard like the movies I mentioned above..Cinema standard and then watch your application to the BOI for loan approved.
That's my thought. Reason m.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Olam09(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Start small bro, start with Nollywood cinema standard and before you know even Netflix will contact you...start small and get the network first. To be sincere no one in his right man will give out his 500k dollars to someone without even a noteworthy Nollywood cinema standard movie. That's just the truth.

That's true bro, but the problem I'm having is that there is no inspiration coming for Nigerian fiction stuffs.. i don't maybe because I'm stuck with Hollywood movies.. because I've watched over 500 Hollywood movies including sitcoms. I'm finding it hard to create Nigeria movie.. i pray God give me the inspiron.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by donhackaz: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
OceanEye:
TECH: I am an electrician with a very creative idea on integrating electrical and surveillance systems to achieve an uninterrupted power supply to security devices. This idea has already reached its final stage....

I pray it comes out well
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by VTJN(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
siofra:

Go for it dear. Please do. You will never regret it.
Funding is the only hindrance. I'm always eager and forever ready to kickstart the busines

Thanks for the encouragement

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by DankemzI(m): 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
ifiokjohn:
I want to build a top class bar in a nice location in Abuja. This is like my beloved project. Sometimes when I watch movies and I see some really nice bar and restaurant I'm well moved. But we'll, right now I'm still in school but I'm certainly planning towards it. God help me.
The plan is actually to start from Abuja ...maybe build 2 or 3 in Abuja then as we grow I extend it to others states...for eg,, Akwa ibom, Rivers , Enugu, Owerri, Lagos, Ogun Calabar, and Asaba.

I'm not pushing towards northern states cause of HISBA but if I should choose one...then it will certainly be Jos

Brother when you're ready I'll design the interior of your 5star Restaurant/bar for free! It saddens my heart that Akwa Ibom is the home of foods yet we don't own world class restaurants and bar, why? Look at Ibom air we can replicate that in all spheres of life

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by feelalrite: 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
I want to set up a CSR company where I'll help other companies to carry out their CSR
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by HRHQueenPhil(f): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Historicalee:

What's that creative idea of yours that needs funding?

This idea could be in any of these sectors:
Tech
Education
Community Development
Entertainment
Public Health.

I want to create an app were U can place 10 sensors on the things important to u like glasses,earpiece,phones,laptop and human beings and find their location wen u are looking for it or dem
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by vikkogg: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yankee101:

Double your money there if you're that good

The money your father gave to me abi?
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by GOCEO: 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2021
Hamnas:
And they establish uni for only you and family oga pack well. And they establish uni for only you and family oga pack well. And they establish uni for only you and family oga pack well.
I don't feel like exchanging words with an illiterate like you, I only blame the pharmacy profession for allowing tout like you, to mess n deal with human life omo get out, if you think studying drugs is easy, why not look for admission n study it in the university instead of polluting our health care don't worry, we are coming for ur likes soon, don't quote me BK rascal
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by YhubieIsidore(m): 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
1.. I'm a Pharmacologist, I'd love to research on a potent anti-HIv abilities of certain plants.

2... To research on alternative building materials example light steel and foam as a possible replacement to concrete.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Darmee931: 10:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
My idea is to farm sustainably and own a YouTube channel where I can practice and teach people recipes for cooking and baking different foods from around the world. I love trying out new recipes, getting them right and sharing the results with others. Capital is the main problem right now. To get all the basic kitchen equipment required to start.
The farm is because I love producing some of my ingredients myself and using them in recipes. I farm a bit, right now, but it's very small. I get some ingredients like pepper, vegetables, cassava, corn and homegrown yam using farm rotation. It's nice to write this down. Makes the idea more real. Thank you for creating this thread.

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Yankee101: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
dancok:
pls how much can i get that full color separation printer.
It's a big project and requires skilled print men
I'll recommend you design ypurself and subcontract the print job for now

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by bot227(f): 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Have got two.

To open a standard early child school.

Have got an idea on how to process some food and sell it in large quantity
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Gkemz: 11:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
Since my system power IC circuit on the motherboard got damaged which I've fixed couple of times before it finally packed warranting motherboard replacement, I've been in need of a workstation to ease my python programming coding, app development, crypto.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Riscawendy(f): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
I need a car, l want to start bolt driving business, l need a car. I also need money for my event business.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by shadfoye: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
TECHNOLOGY:
Proffer solutions to Nigeria Electricity problems through Solar power system Technology.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
dancok:
the 80k is it used or new?

It is Tokunbo i.e. German used.
New ones are higher in price and not easily obtainable in Nigeria except one orders from abroad.
Samples are below.

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by Myzubby(m): 11:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
someone wants to give me a paid tutorial on web design and web development and a free ebook even a wenbiteI can subcribe to access every material I need but there is no laptop and android phone

and tech has been my passion

also I have a good understanding on gadgets importations from western country like US and also from CHINA.
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by KayCee92(m): 12:32am On Nov 22, 2021
grin
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by ifiokjohn(m): 1:15am On Nov 22, 2021
DankemzI:

Brother when you're ready I'll design the interior of your 5star Restaurant/bar for free! It saddens my heart that Akwa Ibom is the home of foods yet we don't own world class restaurants and bar, why? Look at Ibom air we can replicate that in all spheres of life
Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by ifiokjohn(m): 1:16am On Nov 22, 2021
Olam09:

That's true bro, but the problem I'm having is that there is no inspiration coming for Nigerian fiction stuffs.. i don't maybe because I'm stuck with Hollywood movies.. because I've watched over 500 Hollywood movies including sitcoms. I'm finding it hard to create Nigeria movie.. i pray God give me the inspiron.
start by opening your mind. Start by watching Nigerian movies...I don't mean all this African magic epic own o. I mean cinema standard ones. Open your minds...watch them and then you'll see
Re: Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding by ifiokjohn(m): 1:17am On Nov 22, 2021
Olam09:

Thanks bro
uwc

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / My Boss Is Terribly Corrupt. Should I Blow The Whistle? / My Experience With The Rude Female Employees At Visafone Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.