Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? (63354 Views)

ABSU Girls Rush To Pick Money A Guy Was Spraying At His Girlfriend / Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Moreign001(m): 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
A similar thing had once happened to a very close friend of mine....Up till this very minute,my guy is still trying to build himself up since that heartbreak....... Honestly,this kind thing fit plunge guyman into a state of relegation abi na depression,but you've got to stay on your feet man....

Op, like seriously,you suppose respect that your nigha wey ginger you up with those motivational words, because that's the simplest truth and fact I've heard in a jiffy.....

Moreover,I suggest you should cut all ties with her via communication...I don't support the idea of those advising you to communicate with her through sms only... Please don't, for the sake of your sanity..........Ghost her totally,as if she doesn't exist.....Move on with your life bro...

Las las,wish her well just like you've already done.......Make e better for her......
Thanks bro... I really appreciate..

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by IAMBlesssed(f): 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
She wants to avoid being called evening newspaper by Nairaland guys..Lols

It's well Bro..Marry when you are ready.Dont let anyone pressure you into "doing pass yourself"..

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by NickiSlay(f): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Favfables1:

Yeah you're right...
The generalization is off...
Buh if that's the only thing you saw after reading that post, then your comment is so-so...
Too bad there's no rolling eyes emoji on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
NickiSlay:
Too bad there's no rolling eyes emoji on nairaland

Yeah..
Too bad...
Atleast you know how my eyes was the moment I saw your comment undecided ....

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by deltateam: 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2021
Moreign001:
Hello Guys, Good Morning and a Happy Sunday to you all.

I don't know how concise i can be, but I will try.

I just graduated last 3 months, with my girlfriend who's now my ex, and she's 26yrs of age while I'm 28yr.

We started dating from our 200level till yesterday, (that's approximately 4yrs and counting...).
We were ideal together, we were well known in school, to an extent where her friends and mine kept asking how? And wishing theirs was like ours..

She promised never to leave, and she please everyday that I should never hurt her. At times we jokingly talked about our future kids which is now a never happening fable.

So after we graduated, she travelled to stay with her aunt, we do check on each other everyday.

Last month.. She called, and said her friend needs an advice, that she and her date just graduated, and that another man is asking her out, and she's thinking of dumping her guy since he's not ready, and that the newly known man is ready to pay for her marriage rites.
Immediately I knew she was the one in the story, because I already had several dreams were she left me. I pretended, I told her to tell her friend to "Follow Her Heart".

Last night she called, and said there's something she wants to tell me, I responded, "Is it what I already know?", she asked what? I told her she's getting married soon, and she said yes! I was speechless. I asked her for how long has this been going on, she said it started when she came to stay with her Aunt. We spoke, and I congratulated her, she started crying, I ended the call, sent her a good luck text.

This morning, she called and said she couldn't sleep last night. I asked her why she did it, why she decided to get married, she said she doesn't know. I asked if she likes the guy, she said yes. She couldn't stop crying and was saying I shouldn't leave her, while she's the one leaving me. I was totally down, but I have crazy friends. I WhatsApp a friend, told him what just happened, his words boosted me up. He said, " Support her, we move, no be God leave you". That was enough, but it's hard, really hard to move on without her, and she said the same thing and kept pleading I shouldn't leave her.
Now I'm asking, if I was the one who had left, what would have been the story? That I used her and dumped her, because this has always been used against the guys.
Why are women in a rush to marry? They don't even add value to themselves, I'm now 80% in agreement that marriage is one of the greatest achievement for a woman, maybe in Nigeria.
It seems you never reassured her of your plans for her if at all you had any for yourself.

Women are like flower, she has to move on.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by pussymonger1: 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO ............................................................................................................................................................INFINITIES . I'M A STONER cool
Moreign001:

I just graduated last 3 months, with my girlfriend who's now my ex, and she's 26yrs of age while I'm 28yr.

We started dating from our 200level till yesterday, (that's approximately 4yrs and counting...).
We were ideal together, we were well known in school, to an extent where her friends and mine kept asking how? And wishing theirs was like ours..

She promised never to leave, and she please everyday that I should never hurt her. At times we jokingly talked about our future kids which is now a never happening fable.

So after we graduated, she travelled to stay with her aunt, we do check on each other everyday.

Last month.. She called, and said her friend needs an advice, that she and her date just graduated, and that another man is asking her out, and she's thinking of dumping her guy since he's not ready, and that the newly known man is ready to pay for her marriage rites.
Immediately I knew she was the one in the story, because I already had several dreams were she left me. I pretended, I told her to tell her friend to "Follow Her Heart".

Last night she called, and said there's something she wants to tell me, I responded, "Is it what I already know?", she asked what? I told her she's getting married soon, and she said yes! I was speechless. I asked her for how long has this been going on, she said it started when she came to stay with her Aunt. We spoke, and I congratulated her, she started crying, I ended the call, sent her a good luck text.

This morning, she called and said she couldn't sleep last night. I asked her why she did it, why she decided to get married, she said she doesn't know. I asked if she likes the guy, she said yes. She couldn't stop crying and was saying I shouldn't leave her, while she's the one leaving me. I was totally down, but I have crazy friends. I WhatsApp a friend, told him what just happened, his words boosted me up. He said, " Support her, we move, no be God leave you". That was enough, but it's hard, really hard to move on without her, and she said the same thing and kept pleading I shouldn't leave her.
Now I'm asking, if I was the one who had left, what would have been the story? That I used her and dumped her, because this has always been used against the guys.
Why are women in a rush to marry? They don't even add value to themselves, I'm now 80% in agreement that marriage is one of the greatest achievement for a woman, maybe in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by AroOkigbo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2021
luvmijeje:

If I find someone I love and who love me in return, I won't mind waiting forever for him. Because those kind of relationship are rare. But heeeeee.... She is not me.
Don't make the mistake of "waiting forever". Men see ladies to love everyday. ..reason for the so many disappointments you read everytime.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by CUMIN: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
IdreamOfUnicorn:
After four years of being with her you don't have intention to marry her and you expected her to stay put? You want to turn her to lord of the rings

He had the intention of marrying her but they both needs to find their foot first. She forgo finding her foot for marriage.

He can do less in this circumstances.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by DanteSilva(m): 5:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Bro no be God leave You, you will be fine though it will take time but let her go, she's made up her mind up.
This kind thing de pain sha.

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Uniquisite: 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2021

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Uniquisite: 6:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by DrObum(m): 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
luvmijeje:

If I find someone I love and who love me in return, I won't mind waiting forever for him. Because those kind of relationship are rare. But heeeeee.... She is not me.
You're probably between 18 - 21 years.

Right or wrong?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Uniquisite: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2021

21 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by flokii: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
That's the sad reality with ladies.. they graduate and then ditch their boyfriends for guys they hardly know, rushing into marriage.. there are so many guys like that who are victims of this trend but you won't see women call it "use and dump", instead they'll tell you they went for the available option ready to settle down.

@Op I'll advice you to move on and close her chapter.. get your acts together and look out for pretty ladies you can start something with. She'll still call that she wants to see you and all, don't ever give her the chance cos she'll look for every means to trap you emotionally and keep you on the side for sex and other favours.
She lost a good guy, she is the loser.. so get your acts together and look at the brighter side.

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by aimmoney9: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
IdreamOfUnicorn:
After four years of being with her you don't have intention to marry her and you expected her to stay put? You want to turn her to lord of the rings
Clarence Peter's girlfriend of 15 years is still with him, 4 years is the warmup stage.... grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by gift2xl: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
Op I will answer your read, when u begin to mensurate.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by sureteeboy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Moreign001:

We started dating from our 200level till yesterday, (that's approximately 4yrs and t achievement for a woman, maybe in Nigeria.
I'll advise you sever all ties with that lady with a very powerful chainsaw.
It's going to look hard at the beginning, but you'll definitely get over her. Should you keep in touch with her, she's bound to start comparing you with the new man sooner than later,especially if she sees some imperfections in the man

25 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Gidoco: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Their value diminishes rapidly once they clock 25

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Why then is she telling you not to leave her when she's the one leaving?

Could she be trying to bring Okafor's law into the play?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by yinkeys(m): 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
They understand their peak
It’d be harder for a lot of them past 30

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Tutor72: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
AroOkigbo:

Don't make the mistake of "waiting forever". Men see ladies to love everyday. ..reason for the so many disappointments you read everytime.
Bad Guys never show her pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by gurunlocker: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Na man you be... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Ladycewhy(f): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
So you will waste their time like one idiot wasted a girl's time for 13 years all in the name of dating only to end up impregnating another girl abi? undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
Moreign001:

Because a woman has a limited time to get pregnant and have children

Once a woman passes 35, it can become more and more difficult to have a child. The 'prime' childbearing age is in a woman's 20's. If a woman passes 30, problem starts. And if it reaches 35...it gets worse.

Some women even have 'premature menopause' by the time they reach 35, if not earlier.

Thank God for IVF...but that thing does not work immediately...it can be several rounds before there is success.

For us men, we can get a woman pregnant at the age of 90 self. We don't have the equivalent of menopause

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by UnknownT: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
This kind one go come give you farewell fuckkk and end up getting pregnant and now pin it on the husband. The man will now cater for a child that isn't his

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by loadedvibes: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lol
Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by TheExclusive: 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
A relationship lasting up to a year that is not talking about marriage is a complete waste of time.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Women In A Rush To Get Married? by revived: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
E go be

But Omooooooooo E Be Things Oooo

For the fact that you both dated for 4years and she left you in few months is shocking

Walahi plan is always good

I no dull myself again like this

If your cl fit open crypto dot com dm make we run Christmas funds

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Guys, What Will You Do If This Chic Slaps Your Girl? (Photo) / Belgian Man Gifts His 21-Year-Old Kenyan Girlfriend ₦500 Million (Photos) / Grinding Goes Wrong! Lady Destroys Man's Private Part All In The Name Of Dancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.