Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? (17942 Views)

Bank Cleaner In Ondo Or Cook With House Help In Abuja. / Bank Cleaner Job Or A Guest House Job: Which Is Better / Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by cayorday89(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

If you decide to become the bank cleaner (until you get something better), once you get there see how you can start to wash cars for the older men and women with cars (they pay better) find out how you can make yourself useful to them.
When I was still in the bank there was a woman (cleaner) I loved so much that I engaged her to cook for me during the weekend and apart from what I paid her, she went home with a pot of soup.
When I left the country I asked her to start cooking for my parents. She was so good that the manager gifted her N50k one day. One of the cleaner guys was the one that used to drive me to my village every month to visit orphanages.
So if you decide to be a cleaner, shine your eyes.
Bankers love to wear clothes, introduce several tailors to the bank staff and get a commission on any thing they sew. Don't be too greedy: N200 - N300 per garment is okay
Do you have younger sisters? Can they make hair for the bank ladies? Can they go to market for them? Can they make small chops that the bankers can eat in their cubicle?
Rickmann:

Well, to answer your question, as an OND holder i'd suggest you take the bank cleaning Job for a start. Banks prefer employing OND holders as Tellers and by that, you stand a chance of been absorbed into the system ...should that happen, (level done change be that o grin). All you need do is to be of good behaviour and also keep ur eyes and ears wide open for information regarding recruitment in the branch, you may be lucky.

Remember, prayer is key.

Good luck bro.
These two people have made it easier for you, way to go. And that recruitment by the bank is very important and the only way you can get that is to be in the good books of those that matter in the bank, with time you can also tell them about your qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Goldp5988(f): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders
I just finish my OND,but I planned going for my HND but there is no helper that could help because my both parents are late, and it is just me and my other siblings and I just manage to have ND.

I planned to get a job so that I can save up little to start my HND.

I have search for job but could not get any, so i just got this opportunity and I want to seek your advice on which one I should go for

The bank Cleaner is 17k per month and I will spend #200 daily for transport, the petrol attendant is just few kilometer to where we stay and the basic salary is just 10,000,and #150 for feeding daily.

I am just a bit confused on which one I can choose.

Please no insult, I just need advice...
Thanks.

Your location
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by emekafelix1: 10:43am On Nov 23, 2021
GO FOR BANK CLEANING JOB BUT BE HUMBLE & RESPECFUL .GOD WILL REMEMBER YOU FOR SURE.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by sonssyo: 10:46am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders
I just finish my OND,but I planned going for my HND but there is no helper that could help because my both parents are late, and it is just me and my other siblings and I just manage to have ND.

I have search for job but could not get any, so i just got this opportunity and I want to seek your advice on which one I should go for

The bank Cleaner is 17k per month and I will spend #200 daily for transport, the petrol attendant is just few kilometer to where we stay and the basic salary is just 10,000,and #150 for feeding daily.

Thanks.

petrol attendant for me, at least you can make extra money in the period of scarcity
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by vinehedge: 10:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Brother don't go for HND, It is a waste of time. Take bank cleaner job, save up and learn a better skill.

You will be employable than HND...

I wish someone told me this before I hustled my ass out to get B.Sc which I am not even using now but the skill I learn before entering the school.

If you must go to school, Open university is good

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by babtoundey(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2021
Go for the bank cleaning job. Though I know virtually nothing about it but I'm sure petrol attendant job is not always reliable; you can be retrenched any time and sometimes you don't get up to the agreed amount when there are shortages in calculation. It's stressful, the atmosphere of work is not conducive, majority of the people you meet and relate with daily may not be really endearing. And what more, prepare to work endlessly 5 or 6 days a week. You will be resuming to work as early as 5:30 or 6am and get home very late.

So, I will candidly advice you go for the bank cleaning job.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by joshuaidibia(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

If you decide to become the bank cleaner (until you get something better), once you get there see how you can start to wash cars for the older men and women with cars (they pay better) find out how you can make yourself useful to them.
When I was still in the bank there was a woman (cleaner) I loved so much that I engaged her to cook for me during the weekend and apart from what I paid her, she went home with a pot of soup.
When I left the country I asked her to start cooking for my parents. She was so good that the manager gifted her N50k one day. One of the cleaner guys was the one that used to drive me to my village every month to visit orphanages.
Bankers love to wear clothes, introduce several tailors to the bank staff and get a commission on any thing they sew. Don't be too greedy: N200 - N300 per garment is okay
Do you have younger sisters? Can they make hair for the bank ladies? Can they go to market for them? Can they make small chops that the bankers can eat in their cubicle?

Wisdom overload cool

2 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Ugmama(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

I advise you wait and get teller job or a Direct sales job whuch is better for starters.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by siant: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2021
Supposing you have a mean of sustenance I would have suggested you go and find a better skill to learn and forget doing menial job

I don't know your location, if you're in Lagos or Ibadan, go and find security job they go pay you 25-30k. It is one day work one day off, you will have your off days to learn a skill. Don't waste your time . You can do HND as part time.

Petro attendant, no go get time for yourself

2 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Hypnotise: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2021
cry How or why should someone earn N10k monthly cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by olu77(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

Where art thou located? You may not have to do any of the above with the right connection. What did you study and what is your age?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Johel(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

Petrol attendant
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Ugmama(m): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2021
Streetdreamx:
u be mumu ooo

Big one
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by OdefaGirl(f): 10:59am On Nov 23, 2021
Op, are you a man or a woman?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by bergs2: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2021
Funkybabee:
I'm looking after your health

Cleaner, your back, petrol attendant fuel smell, both hazardous.

God will settle you with a better things

Every job has its hazards: an endless list at that.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by BlackyOne: 11:06am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

I know you probably need the money, but if you can then I'll suggest you learn a technical skill
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Dikaveli(m): 11:11am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

What works for you might not work for others

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Goldie16(f): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

You really spoke from experience. Good Advice

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by moorevic(m): 11:13am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

Which bank pays 17k? my cousin earns 25k at unity bank

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by vickydevoka(m): 11:21am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

U too sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by cromz(m): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.
my bro you don’t deserve a low paying job like this,nobody does!
Try and learn a skill probably driving or something. Save some money and open a POS shop.
Trust me you can’t save anything from these low salaries.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by silibaba: 11:23am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

Which one be no insult?

Choose for yourself biko
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Jh0wsef(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2021
Streetdreamx:
hahaha distant relatives.

Hahahaha
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Rapsowdee01(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2021
Bro...

Go to multichoice.. they take OND guys as customer service agents.

Pay is 35k and they also give Food and Transportation allowance sef

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by silibaba: 11:27am On Nov 23, 2021
cromz:
my bro you don’t deserve a low paying job like this,nobody does!
Try and learn a skill probably driving or something. Save some money and open a POS shop.
Trust me you can’t save anything from these low salaries.
you have said it all, what else can I add?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Bishopsgate(m): 11:29am On Nov 23, 2021
yemite100:
Dear Nairalanders

Thanks.

My humble and sincere advice is for you to accept the bank cleaner offer.

As a former banker, I, like many other staff of the different banks I worked in, often assisted the cleaners who comported themselves well, were courteous and serious with their studies.

I remember one cleaner who we assisted and is today a full staff in UBA

Just be humble and don't be ashamed to let those you see as compassionate know your story, situation, life and education goals. God can use any or some of them to assist you get to your desired destination

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:31am On Nov 23, 2021
Choose none. Wetin you wan use those meagre salaries do?

Better raise some money and start selling food.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Solofresh2: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2021
If you calculate the transport fare for the bank cleaner job in a month, you will later get to find out that their is no difference between the two jobs when it comes to the end of the month.
But I will advice you take the bank job based on my experience.Though,I know nothing about the other job.

If you know you are not the humble type, don't do take the bank job because they will belittle you there as a cleaner and you will wake up as early as 5am in the morning to do your work.After, that they will send you on errands endlessly until you close for the day.

So if you know you have pride naturally, don't bother applying for the bank cleaner job

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by Ikpeabujo(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2021
fine a nice location or big hotel and do runs girl if you are a beautiful girl.........trust me the short run will be more profitable than cleaning and attendance work. how much you you wan save from the two work and you think that can carry with hnd program .....you are not serious
note; take the risk once

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by BeardedMeat(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2021
Shokoloko:

Good one! But which one is 200 to N300 nah!?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 11:39am On Nov 23, 2021
Rapsowdee01:
Bro...

Go to multichoice.. they take OND guys as customer service agents.

Pay is 35k and they also give Food and Transportation allowance sef

Slavery job. Lol.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? by yemite100: 11:40am On Nov 23, 2021
Bishopsgate:

My humble and sincere advice is for you to accept the bank cleaner offer.

As a former banker, I, like many other staff of the different banks I worked in, often assisted the cleaners who comported themselves well, were courteous and serious with their studies.

I remember one cleaner who we assisted and is today a full staff in UBA

Just be humble and don't be ashamed to let those you see as compassionate know your story, situation, life and education goals. God can use any or some of them to assist you get to your desired destination

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FMM Graduate Trainee Programme Placement. Who Else Got Shortlisted? / Nigerian Air Force Shortlists Candidates For Interview / I Got A Job Today Through Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.