Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

4 Ways To Earn Respect From People - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People (30602 Views)

4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes / Ways You Can Earn Respect From Family And Others / Ways To Earn Respect From Family Members And The Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Kaykaydavid1919: 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Try to make money my Broda even ur enemy will respect u. But d highest of It all is av Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
To earn respect in a carnal way, just have money sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by ppogba: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
Deborah98:
Okay ... Noted good points though but why do people feel if you don't have money you can't and sometimes won't command respect undecided. Is there any synergy btw respect and money that I don't know. And then what of power and authority. As a young lady I wanna know why power intoxicates and what makes people feel they deserve to be respected simply because they occupy one position somewhere.

Not paying too much attention to or not respecting people who do not have money is a problem in every society but only more pronounced in the african setting because we worship money and the holder of it. In other climes too they respect you if you are loaded too. Go and read the story of the founder of the renowned Stanford University and what made him establish the university.

On the issue of power and authority, that one is more psychological. It's part of the human nature.

That is why I am of the opinion that whoever has either money or power or perhaps both and is humble, that fellow is ABNORMAL.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
1, money
2, have sence
3, Think.before you talk
4, have good people around you tongue
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by lomprico(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by KennethEnyi(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kharol1234:
I'm seeing things

This one is a fool o
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Johel(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
binarymachine:

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/10/22/4-ways-to-earn-respect-from-people/

Apt!....minding your business brings about some kinda respect too....I earned respect already but Na money remain. grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by HonestFriend: 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
billynoni:
True, true, true, true and valid points... Now OP, imagine Dangote and that random shoemaker on your street walked in, there's only one chair to sit on, which you're occupying currently, who are you standing up for? Don't lie oooo, answer honestly.
Yeye grin grin
Y u come put op for thite corner?
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Danjikanbauchi: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Don't borrow money from friends

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by BabaIbo: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
OP, you are funny.

Your post may be right but you didn't include the most important of them all which is "Have Money."

I'm a living example.

Few years ago when I was a teacher, nobody GAF, i.e greeting me no be by force, but now that I am a businessman and things are making sense, even people wey senior me well well dey genuflect when greeting me.

Someone around me spent app. 6million naira as donation, launching etc during an harvest, bishop and priest go greet am for him place, that was after appreciating him openly as a special announcement in church.

In summary, in a country like Nigeria, as long as you have money, people will respect you.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by charloski(m): 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
It's the African mentality about money.
The western world don't regard money as an attribute of Respect.

It is just here in Nigeria (Africa).

Deborah98:
Okay ... Noted good points though but why do people feel if you don't have money you can't and sometimes won't command respect undecided. Is there any synergy btw respect and money that I don't know. And then what of power and authority. As a young lady I wanna know why power intoxicates and what makes people feel they deserve to be respected simply because they occupy one position somewhere.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by BabaIbo: 3:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
ppogba:

Not paying too much attention to or not respecting people who do not have money is a problem in every society but only more pronounced in the african setting because we worship money and the holder of it. In other climes too they respect you if you are loaded too. Go and read the story of the founder of the renowned Stanford University and what made him establish the university.

On the issue of power and authority, that one is more psychological. It's part of the human nature.

That is why I am of the opinion that whoever has either money or power or perhaps both and is humble, that fellow is ABNORMAL.

Honestly, you see money has a way of corrupting a humble mind, although they may not be totally rude or harsh but it(pride/rudeness/harshness due to their riches) will show once in a while.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by HonestFriend: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Money is not everything.. Know this and know peace..

90% of those shouting money money are poor... Until they have money dey won't still believe that there re somethings that money cannot afford..

I know people who wen dey speak they command respect.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by ppogba: 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
BabaIbo:

Honestly, you see money has a way of corrupting a humble mind, although they may not be totally rude or harsh but it(pride/rudeness/harshness due to their riches) will show once in a while.

That's why I said anyone who has money or power and is humble is totally abnormal because that is contrary to the thinkable.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by gabpaul: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
HonestFriend:
Money is not everything.. Know this and know peace..

90% of those shouting money money are poor... Until they have money dey won't still believe that there re somethings that money cannot afford..

I know people who wen dey speak they command respect.

Story for the gods grin
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Solofresh2: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
You just summed up Wizkid's personality.
Mumu
As if you have met him in real life.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Lovelife433(m): 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sir Cubana no need all dis nonsense before being respected. D whole matter is get money.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by DaveHarry(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
updatechange:
Money, power and respect...

When u get the money automatically you can easily get power, then you can ultimately buy respect for yourself... Hello?

You can't buy respect!

"If you know your history, then you will know where you coming from."
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Mayeldah(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
updatechange:

When u get the money automatically you can easily get power, then you can ultimately buy respect for yourself... Hello?

Such respects are usually fake.

Loose the money, all the praise singers will disappear.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Ken4agent(m): 3:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
OP is correct......but if u won earn respect when u never get money, then those factors can earn u d respect......but if u get money...u earn d respect auto

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Just have money and you will get all the respect you desreve...

Even your village monarch will bow for you...

Guy make money...

3 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Some are here typing 'If u have money people will give u respect' fr me its a big lie money is nt respect,

no matter hw wealthy u are, u can't buy respect u earn it

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by ppogba: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
BabaIbo:
OP, you are funny.

Your post may be right but you didn't include the most important of them all which is "Have Money."

I'm a living example.

Few years ago when I was a teacher, nobody GAF, i.e greeting me no be by force, but now that I am a businessman and things are making sense, even people wey senior me well well dey genuflect when greeting me.

Someone around me spent app. 6million naira as donation, launching etc during an harvest, bishop and priest go greet am for him place, that was after appreciating him openly as a special announcement in church.

In summary, in a country like Nigeria, as long as you have money, people will respect you.

Very funny.
My guy, pardon the priest and the bishop. If not for the distance POPE himself will go and greet the man.
Bottom line is, in this society you must double your hustle.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by studentwriter(m): 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2021
updatechange:

rip dmx

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by studentwriter(m): 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
[s]
Virus99:
For a society like Nigeria the only thing you need to get respect from people is to have money... plenty plenty money.

Even your Imaam will not start prayer until you come... neither will your Pastor start fellowship without you grin
[/s] says a virus

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by nick50(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
Do not borrow or seek for any kind of help from anybody always make sure u are not cashless

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by KingDash: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
BabaIbo:
OP, you are funny.

I'm a living example.

true.. even last borns wey get money senior go dey call am boss.
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Babastrong(m): 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
In summary, 1. Always say less than necessary. 2. Use absence to increase your respect. 3. Always make people depend on you. 4. Act like king to be treated like one. i knew these right from my secondary school.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by ruzell86: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
billynoni:
True, true, true, true and valid points... Now OP, imagine Dangote and that random shoemaker on your street walked in, there's only one chair to sit on, which you're occupying currently, who are you standing up for? Don't lie oooo, answer honestly.
I will give the chair to whoever is older or weaker between the two.

Money isn't everything bro.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by bepositive11: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
Crystalom3:
While everything op said is right, I'd say he underrate the impact of money.

Money commands respect. We've all seen it. People may hate you but once money comes in they mellow down almost immediately.

That's why with all the the hatred for the west, Islam jihadist still can't reject their dollars

But respect for having money is not genuine. Once the money goes, the so called respect goes too
Re: 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good Topic!
One of the Best Topics recently

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Mother Is At War With Me Help!! / Am I Supposed To Pay For My Wedding? / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.