Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? (8345 Views)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 10:33am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

Yes, spirit is the alcoholic vapor inside religious and superstitious humans, which makes them act delusional. They call their delusion spirituality.

Tell me a little about yourself.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

Why do you think it’s a fairytale?
How’s the boy?!

You are an atheist, I suppose?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Why do they call certain kinds of alcohol beverages spirits? Do you know?

Vapors from distillation.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 10:47am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

You are an atheist, I suppose?

No, I am not.

The concept of god and the supernatural are nonsense. There is no belief or unbelief needed.
You dismissed my Santa story as a fairy tale without batting an eye so you have an idea what your religious stories sound like.

The exoteric meaning of religious stories are nonsense while the esoteric meaning are clever but nonsense nonetheless.
e.g. Adam and Eve is an allegory of why mankind is subject to the vagaries of the seasons due to no fault of theirs. The story starts in spring and ends in winter and the “Lord God” is the mythical genius of the Sun. But the ones who bamboozle people and turn them into holy slaves have convinced the devout that it’s about some evil principle in them called “original sin”.

Nevertheless, I am an avatar of the Lord God, the True Light.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

No, I am not.

The concept of god and the supernatural are nonsense. There is no belief or unbelief needed.
You dismissed my Santa story as a fairy tale without batting an eye so you have an idea what your religious stories sound like.

The exoteric meaning of religious stories are nonsense while the esoteric meaning are clever but nonsense nonetheless.
e.g. Adam and Eve is an allegory of why mankind is subject to the vagaries of the seasons due to no fault of theirs. The story starts in spring and ends in winter and the “Lord God” is the mythical genius of the Sun. But the ones who bamboozle people and turn them into holy slaves have convinced the devout that it’s about some evil principle in them called “original sin”.

Tell me more about your beliefs.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 11:24am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Tell me a little about yourself.

I have a personal philosophy which entails clarifying information as much as possible in order to reach the right conclusion about matters.
I used to be an atheist until I asked myself “what is god”?

I’ve lived an interesting life such that when Christians say “there are no atheists in foxholes”, I laugh because I was in a “foxhole” when I affirmed my atheism.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Tell me more about your beliefs.

Humanity is the most advanced being that we know of but given the brevity of human life and the chaotic nature of our existence, there ought to be more advanced beings who know more about existence than us.

Life is product of the interaction between the sun and elements on Earth. Life started from non life due to the energy from the sun and conditions on earth.

What we call the universe exists and everything that begins to exist is a reconfiguration of what exists with time being the product of this ongoing reconfiguration.

You live once and death is the return to the state you were in prior to conception, birth, or when you achieved a sense of self. That means nowhere and everywhere because you are part of the whole.

Reason is my watchword. Reason is the true light. Reason is how humans make advancement. Reason is developing your mind so that it’s not cowed by superstition.
European elites subjugated most of the world because they knew to employ reason in advancing their societies while inculcating superstition in their subjects.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 1:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
Jesus is a fictitious character. The entire Jesus story is a facade.

Therefore, based on the above facts, there's a malicious and counterproductive purpose for the fictional characters and false narratives of these foreign extremist ideologies.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
Arriving from planet Pluto! grin

Amujale:

Therefore, based on the above facts, there's a malicious and counterproductive purpose for the fictional characters and false narratives of these foreign extremist ideologies.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by The5DME(m): 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Amujale:

Therefore, based on the above facts, there's a malicious and counterproductive purpose for the fictional characters and faJlse narratives of these foreign extremist ideologies.

What facts?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Jman24(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When someone whose comments comes with substance i'll reply! Ecclesiastes 3:7 wink

grin
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by sonmvayina(m): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2022
The5DME:
What facts?

What did he write ?

Who saw him?

Why are there no record of him in first century correspondence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

What did he write ?
Who saw him?
Why are there no record of him in first century correspondence?
Because he's insignificant to them since he has nothing to do with POLITICS!
I remember a time Ọbáfẹ́mi Awólọ́wọ̀ marked his birthday, a popular artist was paid to perform at the event. Olúwọlé (Awólọ́wọ̀'s) son took the artist by hand to greet bàbá.
In fact bàbá don't know the artist at all!
WHY? Because he has nothing to do with what affects bàbá's emotions: POLITICS! cheesy
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2022
The5DME:
What facts?

You don't know? The ones that's eluding you.

The fact that Jesus is a fictional character and assuming you have any proof to the contrary, kindly provide them here.

I really have no interest in nonsensical gibberish, assuming that's what you intend to spout then you can save it and go and troll elsewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2022
Those foreign extremist ideologically based characters and false narratives serves us no good purpose whatsoever, they are a complete and utter waste of innocent people's sweat blood and tears.

My Brothers and Sisters let's divert that same energy into taking back control of our world.

For me, after taking into regard the actual facts, it was quite easy for me to have dropped anything and everything, any path any concept that isn't wired to our own betterment and to the betterment of our leaders of tomorrow.

It's us today, we are our leaders of today that shall continue to exist tomorrow and into an infinity and beyond, therefore its our responsibility to make our world a better place for us and for our leaders of tomorrow.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2022
How do you reconcile this

killyaselfie:

No, I am not.

and this?

killyaselfie:

I’ve lived an interesting life such that when Christians say “there are no atheists in foxholes”, I laugh because I was in a “foxhole” when I affirmed my atheism.

killyaselfie:

You don't believe "God" exists.

What did you mean here?

killyaselfie:

killyaselfie:

Just so we are clear, distinguish between exoteric and esoteric. Give one or two examples.

killyaselfie:

eg. Adam and Eve is an allegory of why mankind is subject to the vagaries of the seasons due to no fault of theirs. The story starts in spring and ends in winter and the “Lord God” is the mythical genius of the Sun. But the ones who bamboozle people and turn them into holy slaves have convinced the devout that it’s about some evil principle in them called “original sin”.

The story of Adam and Eve is not an allegory. Have you even read it?

killyaselfie:

You mean the sun is your god?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 7:54pm On Jan 14, 2022
Y
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
Its pretty simple, we MUST bin all these foreign extremist ideologies and concentrate our focus on reality.

And the reality here is that our history comprises of agriculture, architecture, arts, commerce, economics, fishing, law, mathematics, medical sciences, metallurgy, mining, philosophy, physical sciences, ship-building e.t.c

These are our bread and butter and not foreign extremist ideologically based rhetoric, those disciplines listed above are the kind of things we MUST return to studying extensively and master (dare i say) better than our parents brilliantly mastered all these disciplines during their time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

e.g. Adam and Eve is an allegory...

An allegory? Yes, totally.

Furthermore the Adam and Eve story is fake, false and counterintuitive, not to mention the entire narrative is wholly misogynistic.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

I have a personal philosophy which entails clarifying information as much as possible in order to reach the right conclusion about matters.

Right thing to do and many do it. It is always the best to gather all the necessary factors before tackling the problem.

killyaselfie:

I used to be an atheist until I asked myself “what is god”?

What did you find out?

killyaselfie:

Which is it, atheist or not?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

Humanity is the most advanced being that we know of but given the brevity of human life and the chaotic nature of our existence, there ought to be more advanced beings who know more about existence than us.

Throw more light on the above.

killyaselfie:

Life is product of the interaction between the sun and elements on Earth. Life started from non life due to the energy from the sun and conditions on earth.

When you say life, do you mean human life or plant life? The origin of life can't be non-life. The origin of life has to be life.

Granted, the Sun is the source of the physical energy in plants. Don't forget that water has its own energy and so does wind. Without water, plants can't survive, and that is even with abundant sun.

As important and incredible as the sun is, it has a Maker. The sun owes it existence and presence to its Maker.

killyaselfie:

What we call the universe exists and everything that begins to exist is a reconfiguration of what exists with time being the product of this ongoing reconfiguration.

Explain more.

killyaselfie:

You live once and death is the return to the state you were in prior to conception, birth, or when you achieved a sense of self. That means nowhere and everywhere because you are part of the whole.

Every human will answer to the One who sent him or her into this world after he or she departs from this present existence.

Every human will always be a product of the spermatozoa of a male and the ovum of a female. So, when the spermatozoa of the male fuses with the ovum of the female, a being is formed. This is the natural and everlasting law put in place by the Maker/Creator.

However, I believe the Maker still plays a role in how that human is formed in that womb. Let this suffice.

killyaselfie:

Reason is my watchword. Reason is the true light. Reason is how humans make advancement. Reason is developing your mind so that it’s not cowed by superstition.
European elites subjugated most of the world because they knew to employ reason in advancing their societies while inculcating superstition in their subjects.

What do you term "superstition".
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by musicwriter(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2022
sonmvayina:
What is the purpose of the Messiah?

Do you believe someone doing miracles is what makes them The Messiah?

* Then, wouldn’t that make Moses, Elijah, Ezekiel, and everyone else that had ever done miracles The Messiah as well?

Do you believe raising someone from the dead is what makes them The Messiah?

* If so, wouldn’t that make Elijah, Elisha, Ezekiel, and others that raised people from the dead The Messiah as well?

Do you believe someone resurrecting from the dead is what makes them The
Messiah?

* Then, wouldn’t that make Lazarus, the Shunammite Son (2 kings 4:32-37),and others that resurrected from the dead The Messiah as well? Furthermore, since we all will be resurrected on The Last Day (Isa 26:19; Dan 12:2; Ezk 37:12-13), wouldn’t that make everyone of us The Messiah?

If you were to define “What is the purpose of The Messiah, What makes The Messiah The Messiah,” what would your answer be?

The concept of a messiah has been around for at least 5,000 years before anybody heard of Jesus. It's one of the most ancient spiritual concept.

A messiah is a principle NOT a person!!

Horus was called a Messiah before Jesus.

Buddha was called a messiah before Jesus.

Krishna was called a messiah before Jesus.

Mithras was called a messiah before Jesus.

Hercules was called a messiah before Jesus.

Zoroastra was called a messiah before Jesus.

Tammuz was called a messiah before Jesus.

The list is endless.........there are at least 16 historically verified such messiahs known before anybody heard of a Jesus.

That's why Paul said in your bible "but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness" because it was indeed a stupid thing to call someone a messiah 2,000 years ago. Nobody took Paul seriously since there were already hundreds known older messiahs and saviours before Jesus.

God is an African concept because we created God, Yahweh, Allah. If you want to understand where the concept of messiah came from, you must first understand Satan and how white people blackmailed Africans to create a new fraudulent messiah Jesus. See What's Satan? What's Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Just in case you notice that i don't reply you! wink

Of course I notice that you are indeed replying me, Max. You can't help but love.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

On the contrary, Yahushua the Messiah came to sacrifice his life for the redemption of mankind. Truly, we are in the last days. The rate at which Satan and the demons are trying to pervert the truth is at all time high.

The only thing I am perverting is your belief, which you received instead of finding after you had asked and knocked and sought with your own heart and soul and being and mind and all other senses the Lord thy God hath given thee.

If you were there shouting "Crucify him! Crucify him!", would you be telling me you sacrificed him for your sins, or he let you sacrifice him for your sins?

The mob crucified him. It is written very clearly in the book!. He was even like, "[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2022&version=KJV&interface=amp]what the fuq[/url]", before accepting his faith.

Not understanding this would stop you realising 'we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against a spiritual wickedness in high places'.

But, O! My bad. buda is occult.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

This lord aimed to bring his chosen savages to goodness and piety but his very first commandment shows insecurity and narcissism instead of anything useful.

This lord gave 10 commandments and 4 of them are about securing his own position. The all powerful magician seemed very insecure. I wonder if he was impersonating another lord. undecided

This lord is similar to an abusive man telling his woman friend not to even look at other men. Lmao

If another man falls within her sight and she doesn’t lower her gaze, she’s liable to be smote when they get home.

Lol!

I personally forgive us, for we had only evolved a little when we wrote it and have evolved only so far now we read it, and are yet to understand that we must evolve as God evolved to Jesus.

You may notice [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A38-48&version=NIV&interface=amp]the corrections[/url] and the reminder by Christ, that we must not live by only one book or we shall become malnourished.

Thankfully, there's thousands of years ahead of us.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
musicwriter:

because it was indeed a stupid thing to call someone a messiah 2,000 years ago. Nobody took Paul seriously since there were already hundreds known older messiahs and saviours before Jesus.

God is an African concept because we created God, Yahweh, Allah. If you want to understand where the concept of messiah came from, you must first understand Satan and how white people blackmailed Africans to create a new fraudulent messiah Jesus. See What's Satan? What's Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

There was no Adam.

There was no Eve.

There was no fruit.

There was no Eden.

There was no Satan.

There was no God.

There was no snake.

There was no anything. Its an allegory used to teach a lesson. And the lesson is that you should always choose KNOWLEDGE.
https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

Don't you just love Knowledge seeking Eve that wasn't!

And thanks.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
The Christian bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
Amujale:

So asserts Amujale.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2022
budaatum:

So asserts Amujale.

Dude cease quoting me, I don't converse with schizophrenic lying trolls.

Then you will come back later and admit that what was said is indeed factual. I'm not interested in your senseless games.

You're a schizophrenic troll, now go and troll elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Amujale(m): 11:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 12:45am On Jan 15, 2022
elated177:

Every human will always be a product of the spermatozoa of a male and the ovum of a female.

Except in the case of our Lord Jesus Christ, right?

elated177:

As important and incredible as the sun is, it has a Maker.

For the Bible tells you so.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 12:46am On Jan 15, 2022
You keep commanding buda, o you so powerful Amu.

Amujale:

Dude cease quoting me, I don't converse with schizophrenic lying trolls.

Then you will come back later and admit that what was said is indeed factual. I'm not interested in your senseless games.

You're a schizophrenic troll, now go and troll elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Where Is Audio Jesus To Save The World From Corona Virus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.