Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? (8350 Views)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2022
sonmvayina:

Explain how a woman became pregnant without a man's sperm.
elated177:

Can you explain how flesh and blood came out of dust of the earth?

Lmao. I’m also curious how this god turned dust to flesh and blood.
What kind of dust?
Did he use top soil or did he dig a hole?
Was the dust from a desert or volcanic eruption?

After grabbing a handful of dust to create the Adam, did god utter some magic words?

A handful of dust + Abracadabra = Adam
A young virgin + !Abracadabra! = Jesus
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2022
sonmvayina:

I wonder why you are using the Hebrew one as a yardstick for all of humanity.

Did you seriously accuse someone of using the hebrew as a yardstick for all of humanity?!

You must have been staring in the mirror when you wrote that.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

If Scripture replaces the Lord, a fundamental commandment in said Scripture is disobeyed.

This lord aimed to bring his chosen savages to goodness and piety but his very first commandment shows insecurity and narcissism instead of anything useful.

This lord gave 10 commandments and 4 of them are about securing his own position. The all powerful magician seemed very insecure. I wonder if he was impersonating another lord. undecided

This lord is similar to an abusive man telling his woman friend not to even look at other men. Lmao

If another man falls within her sight and she doesn’t lower her gaze, she’s liable to be smote when they get home.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Remman(m): 1:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
The purpose is redemption. Man fell from his glory beyond recovery but The Messiah came to redeem man back to his glory.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 2:27pm On Jan 13, 2022
Remman:
The purpose is redemption. Man fell from his glory beyond recovery but The Messiah came to redeem man back to his glory.

What is man’s glory?
How does crucifixion redeem this glory?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

What is man’s glory?
Man's glory is his formation as the one and only creature made in the likeness of God! Genesis 1:26-28
killyaselfie:

Jesus' sacrificial death redeemed man back to that glory and every human that believe in Jesus is restored to that glory! John 1:11-12 smiley
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Remman(m): 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

What is man’s glory?
the book of Revelation says there will be a new heaven and a new earth at the end of everything. It also says there will be resurrection. The glory of man was a state of human being where sickness, war, evil, death and most especially wickedness, etc. (sufferings) was not present. A state where man was in face to face communication with God. When man fell as long as they were on earth, to communicate with God they needed a blood sacrifice to and even suffer before they can get a glimpse of God's attention. And even if you die, there was no way in heaven for human souls. Now, The cruxifition of christ eradicates the need for animal blood sacrifice. His death and resurrection qualifies man for the new earth experience by believing in him. Man will get back to his genuine glorious eternal life of merriment (as Adam before the fall) on the resurrection day.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

Lmao. I’m also curious how this god turned dust to flesh and blood.
What kind of dust?
Did he use top soil or did he dig a hole?
Was the dust from a desert or volcanic eruption?

After grabbing a handful of dust to create the Adam, did god utter some magic words?

A handful of dust + Abracadabra = Adam
A young virgin + !Abracadabra! = Jesus

You seem so sure of yourself. Do you believe spirits exist?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 5:00pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

This lord aimed to bring his chosen savages to goodness and piety but his very first commandment shows insecurity and narcissism instead of anything useful.

This lord gave 10 commandments and 4 of them are about securing his own position. The all powerful magician seemed very insecure. I wonder if he was impersonating another lord. undecided

This lord is similar to an abusive man telling his woman friend not to even look at other men. Lmao

If another man falls within her sight and she doesn’t lower her gaze, she’s liable to be smote when they get home.

Why did you choose this kind of moniker?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2022
elated177:

Why did you choose this kind of moniker?

To encourage martyrdom.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2022
elated177:

Very occultic.

The Scriptures are owned.

I do not know why you think occult is a bad thing. Was Jesus not [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+8%3A9-10&version=KJV]being occultic here[/url], or do you expect buda to cast pearls before swines?

That said, you are entitled to your opinion. My own is that, it is freely given and freely received, and you own it by reading it as a child, as in, without previous opinions and beliefs given to you by those [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2023&version=KJV]Jeremiah[/url] and [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2023%3A13-39&version=NIV&interface=amp]Christ[/url] said, "woe", to.

The links below are for your consideration.

https://www.nairaland.com/4960881/garden-eden-childs-view

https://www.nairaland.com/6795272/reeves-pass#106610434

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2023&version=KJV

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 6:54pm On Jan 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Jesus' sacrificial death ....

Jesus was not sacrificed. He was murdered by an ignorant mob who did not know what they were doing!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26pm On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

Jesus was not sacrificed. He was murdered by an ignorant mob who did not know what they were doing!

Never mind this is too much for your type so stay clear! smiley
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 7:34pm On Jan 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Never mind this is too much for your type so stay clear! smiley

No chance! If it were that easy, your type would have stayed clear yourself.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

No chance! If it were that easy, your type would have stayed clear yourself.

That's why i never quoted you since i bid you goodbye, please stop quoting me! smiley
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by budaatum: 8:02pm On Jan 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

please stop quoting me! smiley

No, thank you.

You can not ask me to not oppose you when you missyarn!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Jman24(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i never quoted you since i bid you goodbye, please stop quoting me! smiley

Max has chickened out.
You just realized there was no sacrifice actually. grin
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Empiree: 9:20pm On Jan 13, 2022
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 11:21pm On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

I do not know why you think occult is a bad thing. Was Jesus not [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+8%3A9-10&version=KJV]being occultic here[/url], or do you expect buda to cast pearls before swines?

That said, you are entitled to your opinion. My own is that, it is freely given and freely received, and you own it by reading it as a child, as in, without previous opinions and beliefs given to you by those [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2023&version=KJV]Jeremiah[/url] and [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2023%3A13-39&version=NIV&interface=amp]Christ[/url] said, "woe", to.

The links below are for your consideration.

https://www.nairaland.com/4960881/garden-eden-childs-view

https://www.nairaland.com/6795272/reeves-pass#106610434

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah%2023&version=KJV

I have given the context within which I used the word "occultic".

Budaatum, to me, as long as the righteous path is concerned, any teaching or knowledge outside the scope of the wisdom, teaching, knowledge or understanding of God Almighty, YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, is occultic. Such teaching or knowledge is demonic. It is within this context that the occult is considered evil.

Consider:

Deut 18: 9 When you enter the land YHVH your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to YHVH; because of these same detestable practices YHVH your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before YHVH your God.

Whatever secrets or mysteries the disciples of Yahushua the Messiah received from him, they shared with us.

You are trying to evade the issue at hand.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2022
budaatum:

On the contrary, Yahushua the Messiah came to sacrifice his life for the redemption of mankind. Truly, we are in the last days. The rate at which Satan and the demons are trying to pervert the truth is at all time high.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 11:37pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

To encourage martyrdom.

Aren't you the devil?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
killyaselfie:

There are consequences for these things you said here.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 2:40am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Aren't you the devil?

I am the the Lord of Good and the Lord of Evil. I am beautiful in spring, powerful in summer, beneficent in autumn, and terrible in winter. I am the Lord God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 2:48am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

There are consequences for these things you said here.

I spoke with Santa last week on his way back to the North Pole. I run a reindeer stable north of the Bering Strait and this time of year usually brings traffic, being the Yuletide season and all. Old Santa checked in last week and stayed for about 3 days because Prancer had split hooves that required care. You know, those reindeers are getting up there in age!!
Anyway, Santa said, “people are such a disappointment”. With a sorrowful and anguished look on his weather beaten jolly face he recounted your deeds from the past year. Brother! My mouth was agape as he told me about your behavior, which beggars belief.
How is the boy??!!

It suffice to say, you should expect coal in your socks this Christmas and for the next three yuletides.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by Remman(m): 6:14am On Jan 14, 2022
sonmvayina:

Well the idea might be same but the nomenclature might be different...have you ever thought of that. ?

God allows us to have different go at life before we become like him...that is the purpose anyway.

At the end, everyone will be saved
The idea of hell is absurd.
Jesus Christ being God was the highest preacher of hell in the Bible. He used many illustrations and clarify that although God is merciful, there is condemnation for those who do some particular things or do not believe in him. Even after his death and resurrection, hell was no longer preached as he did. That doesn't mean there's no hell. This judgement we're talking about lies with the Most High God but Jesus also said that he is the judge who would deny that he never knew the end time false prophets who did wonders in his name and would cast them to ETERNAL PURNISHMENT. If there was no hell, trust me, Jesus wouldn't have come because his coming would have been for no purpose.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:41am On Jan 14, 2022
budaatum:

No, thank you.

You can not ask me to not oppose you when you missyarn!

Just in case you notice that i don't reply you! wink
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45am On Jan 14, 2022
Jman24:

Max has chickened out.
You just realized there was no sacrifice actually. grin
When someone whose comments comes with substance i'll reply! Ecclesiastes 3:7 wink
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

I spoke with Santa last week on his way back to the North Pole. I run a reindeer stable north of the Bering Strait and this time of year usually brings traffic, being the Yuletide season and all. Old Santa checked in last week and stayed for about 3 days because Prancer had split hooves that required care. You know, those reindeers are getting up there in age!!
Anyway, Santa said, “people are such a disappointment”. With a sorrowful and anguished look on his weather beaten jolly face he recounted your deeds from the past year. Brother! My mouth was agape as he told me about your behavior, which beggars belief.
How is the boy??!!

It suffice to say, you should expect coal in your socks this Christmas and for the next three yuletides.

Fairy tale.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 10:23am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

I am the the Lord of Good and the Lord of Evil. I am beautiful in spring, powerful in summer, beneficent in autumn, and terrible in winter. I am the Lord God.

Do you believe spirits exist?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 10:29am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Fairy tale.

Why do you think it’s a fairytale?
How’s the boy?!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by killyaselfie: 10:29am On Jan 14, 2022
elated177:

Do you believe spirits exist?

Yes, spirit is the alcoholic vapor inside religious and superstitious humans, which makes them act delusional. They call their delusion spirituality.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah? by elated177: 10:32am On Jan 14, 2022
killyaselfie:

Yes, alcoholic vapor.

Why do they call certain kinds of alcohol beverages spirits? Do you know?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Where Is Audio Jesus To Save The World From Corona Virus? / How To Open Your 3rd Eye / Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.