Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay (27546 Views)

Volodymyr Zelensky Urges Citizens To Fight, Offers Weapons / U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible / Lithuania Asks All Citizens To Leave Belarus As Global Outrage Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by BrandBrainBox: 5:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Generalwoodz:
So they wants to leave poor delay behind

Who'll fight for delay then?

Would you like to join AMN? Association of Mad Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Mrrich103: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
FOR THOSE THAT ASKED ME FOR A SHOPPPING CODDE

check my signature and attached picture.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by fergie001: 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fryzi:
But what is with war & Africa?
Look at the main issue:

The Tigray used to be a small tribe and force until 1991 when they took over power and dominated every sphere of the Govt. From military to economy to political especially under the late Meles Zenawi. They have held power since then and it was adjudged that they became stronger military-wise but suspended human rights in some situations, kept opposition figures & political prisoners in illegal detention centres, and the unending war with neighbours Eritrea.

Now, when Abiy a former Intelligence Officer for the TPLF (whose father is Muslim and mother Christian) came onboard in 2018, he signed an agreement with Eritrea to end the war, opened the political space, allowed free press, released these prisoners and sought to make reforms to weaken the very powerful TPLF. When he started facing heavy resistance, he formed his own political party in 2019.

It came to a head when he suspended Parliamentary elections due to COVID-19, the Tigrayans went on with the election.
The others like his banning of internet and other tactics reminiscent of past leaders, as they say is history.

reuben81
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by FlipModeSquade(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
notttty:

You will have it worse since you wish for it and trust me they are worse than bandits and Boko Haram n iswap join together. Ask your likes what they saw when they try to do the Lagos style end Sars in abuja. We don't have the resources to waste on cone heads instead we send the rag tag ones that will teach you pigs how to respect elders.
Shut up.

Go and deal with the Bandits and Terrorists rendering millions of your people IDPs..

Shameless TWA.T angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by wink2015(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
Why is some of these western countries and others fond of running away from addressing issues that threaten global peace.

For example, the United States led some western countries to leave Afghanistan in the wake of the Taliban taking over power in Kabul.

Now France and Turkey are requesting their nationals or citizen to leave Ethiopia.

Why can't these western powers call in the United Nation and demand for peaceful way to resolve the crisis in Ethiopia.

Why must they be interested only in picking their own citizen and running away to their respective countries.

Worst of all many African leaders are keeping silent on the crisis involving Tigray and the Ethiopia government.

THE AU Headquarter is in Adisa Ababa and it is worrisome that crisis is happening in a country that has serve to host many african countries issues.

Even if we say in International relations, there are no permanent friends but permanent interest.

Must the rich countries be only interested in partnership for access to mineral resources or other opportunities.

THE CRISIS IN ETHIOPIA VS TIGRAY SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.

If it means creating a state for Tigray the United Nation should start the process of a referendum.

3 Likes

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by clothingonline(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
We don’t pray for way let the world enjoy peace

affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by BabaIbo: 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
notttty:

Walahi Nigeria don't need the national army to curtail ipob. Just send these guys at maraba nyanya and the Okada boys at lugbe una go see blood. Idiots..

You're a big f**l.

You will just open your mouth waaah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by talk2maurice(m): 5:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
fergie0o1:

@AFP

Embassy of Turkey in Addis Ababa

France and Turkey join a list of Countries who have urged her citizens to leave Ethiopia without delay:- Finland, Saudi Arabia, the Hashmite Kingdom of Jordan, Israel and The United States are amongst Countries that have made this call.

After a year of conflict that has left thousands dead, forced more than two million people from their homes and pushed parts of the country into famine, the tide of the civil war in Ethiopia has kept on raging.

Fighters from Ethiopia’s northern region of Tigray and their allies announced that they are pressing south toward the capital, Addis Ababa, after driving government troops from Tigray in June. They have since also pushed east, hoping to seize the road that connects to the port in neighboring Djibouti, which would give them control of a key supply route.

The Ethiopian Government and Tigray People's Liberation Front have been urged to ceasefire and return to the negotiation table.

However, the TPLF continue to approach the Capital, despite calls for dialogue by Jeffrey Feltman and Olusegun Obasanjo, Special Envoys to the Horn of Africa for the US and AU respectively.

When will Nigeria ask her citizens to leave Ethiopia?
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Lisaint(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sad thing is that Ethiopia babes are really really good especially the ones residing at Addis Ababa.

You signature has say it all
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Jmichael1(m): 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
Katakata from one Part of the world to the other.
ALL the Signs of JESUS Christ return are staring us right in face.

LORD JESUS I Pray thee , Count me Worthy to Escape these things that must come to Pass.

Folks, Prepare yourself for Eternity! JESUS Christ is on the way. This Ship is Sinking Fast!

hahahahaha bros e be lyk say u lyk bad news well well..any small tin nah end time.ogbeni change ur mentality ooh

1 Like

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Princedapace(m): 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rugaria:

Every society is tribal. Asians, Europeans, all of them.
What you call tribes in Africa are called nations in Europe or Asia..

That is what I am saying that Africans must face their reality and restructure their political system to match their nations and allow nations freely align with the ones they wish to. Just watched a video here and saw how a particular nation aligned with Russia same as Monaco and France.

lol, but as typical, black man no get sense. There was a time Europeans were fighting like this until they sat down and spoke to them selves, restructured their nations and boom, they are enjoying et today. Na only black man no dey ever get sense. U will still some people defend our stupidity for real grin

5 Likes

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by MightySparrow: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Are black people really cursed?
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by alizma: 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Sad thing is that Ethiopia babes are really really good especially the ones residing at Addis Ababa.

So make we tell Buhari to make arrangement for safety evacuation of Ethiopian women to Nigeria na, as per giant of Africa and the need to ensure women safety in war zone, especially single women. They are the future of Africa

1 Like

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
seanwilliam:
Oh peace , where are thou.

Contact me I’m buying all kinds of gift cards and funds( PayPal , skrill ) etc

sold.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Rugaria: 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
Princedapace:

That is what I am saying that Africans must face their reality and restructure their political system to match their nations and allow nations freely align with the ones they wish to. Just watched a video here and saw how a particular nation aligned with Russia same as Monaco and France.

lol, but as typical, black man no get sense. There was a time Europeans were fighting like this until they sat down and spoke to them selves, restructured their nations and boom, they are enjoying et today. Na only black man no dey ever get sense. U will still some people defend our stupidity for real grin

European leaders are using their experience in this regards against Africa. You can see the British and The French basically alligning with certain ethnic groups in different countries in Africa, just to dominate the local politics. Proxy colonialism. The English Princes come here and they go straight to the north. France supporting the Hutus in Rwanda an Burundi leading to the Rwandan genocide. The Belgians did same against Lumumba. France, across her West African territories. US department of states calling over Northern leaders to Washington during Jonathan's regime, to school them? Or to reach agreements with them on how to hyjack power.

We can see how that's playing out today with leaders that don't care about the rest of the country because they know they have the support of the big wigs internationally. The diplomatic cover. I just think that western political relationship with Africa has stunted the continents abilities to outgrow some of her basic societal challenges. They know that most African States are fake and can't work as they're constituted, but they will still help to entrench the choas, because the resultant conflicts lead to generational confusions that make these fledging republics very vulnerable to all sorts of neocolonial manipulations..

5 Likes

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by techWriter1: 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
The country is in shambles all courtesy to bad leader like politicians

1 Like

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Princedapace(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Rugaria:

European leaders are using their experience in this regards against Africa. You can see the British and The French basically alligning with certain ethnic groups in different countries in Africa, just to dominate the local politics. Proxy colonialism. The English Princes come here and they go straight to the north. France supporting the Hutus in Rwanda an Burundi leading to the Rwandan genocide. The Belgians did same against Lumumba. Franc xross her West African territories. US department of states calling over Northern leaders to Washington during Jonathan's regime, to school them? Or to reach agreements with them on how to hyjack power.

We can see how that's playing out today with leaders that don't care about the rest of the country because they know they have the support of the big wigs internationally. The diplomatic cover. I just think that western political relationship with Africa has stunted the continents abilities to outgrow some of her basic societal challenges. They know that most African States are fake and can't work as they're constituted, but they will still help to entrench the choas, because the resultant conflicts lead to generational confusions that make these fledging republics very vulnerable to all sorts of neocolonial manipulations..

Yes
That is beacuse naturally, black no get sense. How can u allow external forces do this to u? Can black nations play such politics in Europe? Like I said, there was a time Europeans were fighting brutal wars among them selves but they sat down, had sense and one thing I like that they did is giving nations within Europe great autonomy for those that arent soverignty states yet. But africans never get sense. Same tactics Europeans used from the days of slave trading.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by reuben81: 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
fergie001:

You wouldn't really blame him.....the TPLF said the only way out is for him to resign.....It's power tussle for both of them.
no what happened is the tigray people,are the minority,but has so much power,so the prime minister wanted to reduce they power and the autonomous power they refuse
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by drololaaof: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
This is problem of black people instead of Ethiopia to allow Tigray to go peacefully

1 Like

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by foleskay(m): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Out of the whole matter wey dey d content..na babes ur brain fit grab. Nkan n se yin sir tongue
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by seanwilliam(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
ilduce31:

If you go buy $12 gnf paypal @ 4300. hit me 08082404039. You send first no scamming anyone.
run a check on my nairaland profile before you trade with me. Thanks
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Ezmans: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

LORD JESUS I Pray thee , Count me Worthy to Escape these things that must come to Pass.

Folks, Prepare yourself for Eternity! JESUS Christ is on the way. This Ship is Sinking Fast!
the boys are on there way to addis ababa
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by foleskay(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
The power truly belongs to d people. No govt is above the people. The happenings in afghan and Ethiopia and d french revolution have truly proved that. If people revolts start,no govt of d world has d power to stop it. That's y i just laff when people brag that Nigeria govt is d more powerful than d people. Its seems so BC os over 200 million Nigerians are still in slumber. When they wake up,who be buhari,apc and d govt??

2 Likes

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Rugaria: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Princedapace:

Yes
That is beacuse naturally, black no get sense. How can u allow external forces do this to u? Can black nations play such politics in Europe? Like I said, there was a time Europeans were fighting brutal wars among them selves but they sat down, had sense and one thing I like that they did is giving nations within Europe great autonomy for those that arent soverignty states yet. But africans never get sense. Same tactics Europeans used from the days of slave trading.

I don't think it's a question of not getting sense per se. I think it's just vintage devide and rule running its full course. We also have perculiar instances in Africa where the ethnic groups in power might not be the ones from the resource rich parts of the country. This creates very tricky situations where the need to prolong the existence of the country for as long as possible in order to loot these resources for tribal interests alligns somewhat with the foreign policy goals of the foreign powers... It's a phase really. We're just unfortunate to be here when it is this bad because as time goes on and African States start to produce more educated and skilled population, agitations for change will surely intensify and things might change.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by ephraimubong(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
You look like today’s bread
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by tunize(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2021
NaijaNaWaa:
Obasanjo is negotiating peace for Ethiopia but his own Nigeria is at a bigger war. Their charity begins from abroad.
Ah swear at this junction Nigeria charity big pass am e gat do e own outside yeye politicians we go.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Rugaria: 6:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
foleskay:
The power truly belongs to d people. No govt is above the people. The happenings in afghan and Ethiopia and d french revolution have truly proved that. If people revolts start,no govt of d world has d power to stop it. That's y i just laff when people brag that Nigeria govt is d more powerful than d people. Its seems so BC os over 200 million Nigerians are still in slumber. When they wake up,who be buhari,apc and d govt??

Ethiopia is actually fighting a proxy war with several countries...
It all started with the River Nile dam.. Egypt and Sudan with their western and middle eastern friends..
But I do agree with your general point tho..
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Guyman02: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2021
InoGetJoy:
Their president is now begging for negotiations whereas when there was opportunity to calm tempers he was doing gragra, same thing the useless president of one useless country is currently doing

And he is even a winner of the Nobel prize for peace, he just said he will lead the troops from the front starting Tomorrow, them go kill am like Idris Debby, he thinks he has widespread support
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Focusmind: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
They should withdraw that Nobel Peace Price given to Ahmed Abiye. That Ethiopian president is a big fraud. He under estimated the Tigrayan peoples liberation front, a party that had ruled Ethiopia for much of its past years. He should have threaded softly. See how this has escalated. When you call for war, you hardly knew how it would end.

See the Syrians, from one of the interviews I watched on Euronews, majority of them regreted that uprising and demonstration that started from Alepo against the Assad regime, thinking it was a mere protest. Much of Syria is now in ruins, and they are the most displaced people in the world, running from one country to another as refuge.

President Abiye played into the hands of Egypt's Abdel Sisi and the Sudan's government because of their push back against the mega dam being constructed by Ethiopia. Abiye refused negotiation with those countries as both Sudan and Egypt expressed their reservation about the dam and its consequence on their respective countries.

Abiye is on his, US and their allies are secretly backing the Tigray. The Tigray peoples party was aligned to US against the Soviet during the cold war. The president of WHO, a very popular figure from Tigray, is secretly gathering support for his people, which saw the rebels drove out government forces out of their region and are on an unstoppable match to Addis Ababa. Desperation has already set in for Abiye and he has called all Ethiopian to arm themselves against the rebels. Who does that? Abiye is a gunner. It is a matter of time before the Tigrayan forces capture Adis Ababa.

Ethiopian troops are demoralized and Tigrayans that are in Ethiopian armed forces have absconded as they could not fight their ethnic brothers and moved to join Tigrayan forces, further depleting seasoned commanders within the Ethiopian forces. Abiye is now calling Russia for support but so far, Kremline has not shown any interest.

Carry your cross President Abiye. Next time, reason with your brain

5 Likes

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by InoGetJoy: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Guyman02:

And he is even a winner of the Nobel prize for peace, he just said he will lead the troops from the front starting Tomorrow, them go kill am like Idris Debby, he thinks he has widespread support
Useless people.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Jeremani: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2021
Righteousness2:

If e wan come everywhere go dey scatter abhi?
I keep on telling people that this world isn't ending.
We are the one ending, I believe in God
How old is this world?
How long since Jesus left?
What's taking him this long?
Abhi e need transport?

Sometimes we Christian needs to use our brains.

Our rapture is individually, once ur breath is ceased ur rapture has come.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by notttty(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
BabaIbo:

You're a big f**l.

You will just open your mouth waaah.
You guys are born without iota of respect and that's why we have this cone headed pig that wants to destroy our dear nation. Imagine you trading insult on just a banter. That shows how negative your mind is and why you guys have zero tolerance for human investment. Anu drug region

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rishi Sunak To Become UK PM Tomorrow, After Meeting With King Charles / Barack Obama Is Greatest President Of Our Lifetime - Many Americans Say / Melania Trump Could Be Set To Divorce Donald Trump, Expert Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.