Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay (27541 Views)

Volodymyr Zelensky Urges Citizens To Fight, Offers Weapons / U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible / Lithuania Asks All Citizens To Leave Belarus As Global Outrage Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by nokspos: 4:26am On Nov 24, 2021
only mouth cheesy
fernandoc:
Very soon Biafra own go start. Don’t say you weren’t aware.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by foleskay(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Now you are mistaking me for your dad.
Yio ba epon baba e
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Guyman02: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2021
Focusmind:
They should withdraw that Nobel Peace Price given to Ahmed Abiye. That Ethiopian president is a big fraud. He under estimated the Tigrayan peoples liberation front, a party that had ruled Ethiopia for much of its past years. He should have threaded softly. See how this has escalated. When you call for war, you hardly knew how it would end.

See the Syrians, from one of the interviews I watched on Euronews, majority of them regreted that uprising and demonstration that started from Alepo against the Assad regime, thinking it was a mere protest. Much of Syria is now in ruins, and they are the most displaced people in the world, running from one country to another as refuge.

President Abiye played into the hands of Egypt's Abdel Sisi and the Sudan's government because of their push back against the mega dam being constructed by Ethiopia. Abiye refused negotiation with those countries as both Sudan and Egypt expressed their reservation about the dam and its consequence on their respective countries.

Abiye is on his, US and their allies are secretly backing the Tigray. The Tigray peoples party was aligned to US against the Soviet during the cold war. The president of WHO, a very popular figure from Tigray, is secretly gathering support for his people, which saw the rebels drove out government forces out of their region and are on an unstoppable match to Addis Ababa. Desperation has already set in for Abiye and he has called all Ethiopian to arm themselves against the rebels. Who does that? Abiye is a gunner. It is a matter of time before the Tigrayan forces capture Adis Ababa.

Ethiopian troops are demoralized and Tigrayans that are in Ethiopian armed forces have absconded as they could not fight their ethnic brothers and moved to join Tigrayan forces, further depleting seasoned commanders within the Ethiopian forces. Abiye is now calling Russia for support but so far, Kremline has not shown any interest.

Carry your cross President Abiye. Next time, reason with your brain

Succinctly captured, I can't believe how stupid African leaders behave, it's like a southern president thinking you can push out Fulanis from the country after the high level of nepotism so far put in place by Buhari without applying tact and diplomacy, after Buhari has entrenched them in all our security apparatus. Imagine the amount of weapons in the hands of Fulani bandits alone who are non state actors and the official arms under the control of Army commanders of Fulani extraction, that's how it is with Tigray.

Obasanjo was able to deplete the officer core of the North to achieve a balance during his tenure by sacking all senior military officers that have held political appointment across board including Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc which didn't raise much eye brows, that's tactical leadership
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Biafrarep(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Ethiopia and Nigeria are among Africa's most populous nations, complete with mass poverty, diverse religions and ethnicities. Believe it or not, Nigeria is also going to face cataclysmic upheavals that would be worse than whatever Ethiopia or any African country has experienced. It has started in the North, is gradually creeping into the East and would eventually envelope the rest of the country.

The finances of the country is already in tatters, poverty is spiking, insecurity and hopelessness has pervaded everywhere now yet the government is worsening it all with insensitive policies that are impoverishing the people more. Maybe, there is nothing else they can do but believe me, if we continue at this pace and they eventually remove the so-called subsidy by next year, there is going to be uncontrollable anarchy.

I have not really been enthusiastic about traveling to stay abroad, but I'm now desperate to leave this country ASAP. Then I will rent a place for my immediate family in Ghana.

Just like Ethiopia, Nigeria is gone too. From middle of 2022 and 2023 is going to be catastrophic for Nigeria, and general elections may not even hold. What makes it the more scary is that Western powers will equally evacuate their citizens and watch us annihilate ourselves undecided undecided
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by Focusmind: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Guyman02:

Succinctly captured, I can't believe how stupid African leaders behave, it's like a southern president thinking you can push out Fulanis from the country after the high level of nepotism so far put in place by Buhari without applying tact and diplomacy, after Buhari has entrenched them in all our security apparatus. Imagine the amount of weapons in the hands of Fulani bandits alone who are non state actors and the official arms under the control of Army commanders of Fulani extraction, that's how it is with Tigray.

Obasanjo was able to deplete the officer core of the North to achieve a balance during his tenure by sacking all senior military officers that have held political appointment across board including Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa etc which didn't raise much eye brows, that's tactical leadership

Exactly, I like your narrative using Nigeria's situation. Obasanjo was tactical with that purge in the military and brought semblance of balance. It would take decades to undo what Buhari has done.
Re: France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay by atiku07(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Pidginboss:
Ethiopia a military power house in Africa, is about to fall to an army that are, a mare tribesmen some months ago. The Ethiopian president is calling all able body men and boys to arm themselves and defend it's capital. The world is begging the rebels to hold on because from all indication Adis-Ababa will fall. Could this be another Afghanistan? Time will tell.

What u seems not to understand is the the bulk of Ethiopian army armunition are located in Tigray region just like bulk of naija armunition is located in the north so as it stands now he go hard. Also bulk of the Generals are of tigray origin, to be sincere with u the present prime minister no try at all he messed up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bernie Sanders, US President In Waiting - Mr Rights / Rishi Sunak To Become UK PM Tomorrow, After Meeting With King Charles / Barack Obama Is Greatest President Of Our Lifetime - Many Americans Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.