Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,281 members, 7,829,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth (37331 Views)

Help! How Can I Save My Kid Brother In-law From Taking meth? / Boys & Girls Caught Taking meth In South-East (Video) / meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Mexicanbreed: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
ikennamadu1:

No dey disgrace your parents for public ...swine
Monkey like u where massacred t LTG
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by PAtoGCFR2034: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
oxygeng:
This write up though meant to be deterrent; is very highly exaggerated. Car batteries; fertilisers etc don't exist as natural elements. So you don't extract things from them directly to make meth crystal; Rather those elements used (series of xcal processes) in making batteries and co. Are also used in formulating meth crystal; but not necessarily have to be converted to batteries and fertilisers first.

Of course. Haha. It's not like they have to go find a match box or go find bathroom cleaner to extract those ingredients. That's a laborious process anyway. Those ingredients are usually obtained separately from warehouses of chemical plants. Or simply bought from a corrupt chemist or lab attendant.

However they are all very toxic substances used in making those products listed. So in order to give people an idea of the toxicity, how else would you explain it ? Asides from maybe petrol which everybody knows, how would you describe red phosphorus or toluene to a layman in a way they would understand that it's not meant for consumption ?

Having said that, the lithium used is almost always taken directly from car batteries
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by PAtoGCFR2034: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Jskelly11:
Methamphetamine I know is expensive, how is the one being sold in Nigeria cheap??

The price is anything from $2 to $20 depending on the grade.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6176405/price-meth-low-3-saskatoon/
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ume1000: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
Oshey Alchemist!!
This is not a SE matter alone it’s the entire nation, What about those yahoo boys smoking Colorado in SW, I was in Ogun state Mid September so I invited this chic to my hotel room I controlled her all the way from Abk so she told me to give her money for smoke which I did, she got to my room it’s wasn’t the regular weed She sprinkled some brown or ash stuff on it I really don’t know what it was but looks more like nyaope, she wrapped a very tiny smoke and she said this shit cost her 2,500 I was unbothered so she only took 3 puffs I swear na so this babe begin drool like new born baby all efforts to snap her out of that realm were fruitless, me I don dey pack my bag the moment she started breathing abnormally Naso babe talk say make I no foh say na the trips dey make her do like that, I just manage shower relax for couch while she was in her trance all the konji wey hold me don clear! Naso she enter bathroom like 3 hours later she wan dey romance me Naso I change am for the babe oo, she apologized and all once 6:30 knack I checked out straight up!

Addiction is a demon, once you are hooked on any substance then you need to seek all the help you can find, our youths needs to do better, Parents should observe their wards and get those with questionable characters the help they need either SW, SE or SS
This is a wake up call to every concerned quarters
Mr counselor when dey carry runs girl well don oh

Who no whether she be underage self
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ume1000: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Blacknote:
Why are folks trying to turn this into IPOB thing This drugs is abused all over the country, down south south there's no day that passes without someone having mental breakdown cuz of crystal meth or Ice as it's called there.
yen yen yen

Oga focus

Look straight

No body call any region name
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ume1000: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Jskelly11:
Methamphetamine I know is expensive, how is the one being sold in Nigeria cheap??
welcome to Nigeria , where hard drugs are subsidized
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by fred04(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
benuejosh:
Now i see why Igbos behave the way they do. They become mentally unstable after taking that dangerous substance.
Keep on hating n we keep on conquering.
As if they started it in the East.
Just know that we don't entertain rubbish over here that's why we are fighting hard to eradicate it. Your brothers do it everyday and that's why are always sleeping at different under bridges
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by PAtoGCFR2034: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Hermes119:
Well OP I don't intend to discredit your post but I must say you are not very knowledgeable in this part of chemistry

Well those substances you listed above are not the components of Crystal Methamphetamine there are are just the reagents employed in its synthesis. The drug could contain some of them as impurities but not as a basic component.

Let me give you an instance,in the synthesis of paracetamol harmful chemicals such as aniline and acetic anhydride are used but the end product which is paracetamol is "edible"

Same applies to meth and every other synthetic drug,the chemical reagents used to produce the drug may be harmful while the end product may be useful to the body,in fact a chemical entity might be very harmful and a little synthetic modification of the entity would produce a very safe and useful compound.

Meanwhile Lithium is a licensed drug

Thanks for your post. You're right and I know there's a process of extracting the meth from the solution and discarding the waste.

But the fact remains that there always impurities. There is no 100% Crystal Meth on the streets or anywhere. Infact you're more likely to find 40% pure meth than you'll find 80% pure meth as they're as cheap as $2 and readily available.

Anyone who ingests meth will invariably ingest these substances as well. This is the best way to explain it to a layman to keep off drugs.
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Powersurge: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
illicit:
shocked

NDLEA should have a CRACK team
Crack ko pack ni. If we do drug test for NDLEA field officers, 90% fill fail the test. Dem be conc baron.

1 Like

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by cayorday89(m): 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
where did I state that’s she’s an olosho, you can do better my niqqa, I never said anything about olosho
Sorry for been too forward on that, which ever name she might be tagged, at least you get my message, requesting for this girl's is one of the pre-requisites to the abuse of drugs. Hope you get my message though.
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by millionboi(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nonexisting:
If you are still under 35 and not doing any of those, I'd be scared to have anything to do with you.
who u help.....go to hell
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by millionboi(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nonexisting:
Who is talking about hard drugs? I smoke weed in my own house, not a rented house and I drink as well. That hasn't stopped me from doing my work effectively and that hasn't ruined my life either. A man who doesn't drink, doesn't smoke and doesn't talk about women, I'm sorry I can't have him as friend because we can't connect well. When I want to discuss business, I have a different set of buddies for that.
datz y u think everybody must b like you?
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Bigheart042(m): 6:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
benuejosh:
Now i see why Igbos behave the way they do. They become mentally unstable after taking that dangerous substance.

When u see comment as this...know is coming from people who are born to rule in Nigeria yet remained the most poorest tribe in Nigeria
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Kenny242(m): 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
PAtoGCFR2034:
I am posting this here incase you know anybody who takes this drug. If you actually know what goes into making (cooking) crystal methamphetamine, you will likely not touch it unless you've thrown caution to wind and hellbent on ruining your system. Meth is not a natural substance from plants like marijuana. It is completely artificial.

This is for educational purposes , to inform the youth who may, out of ignorance, be lured into consuming this substance. This is not intended for use by any misguided individual for nefarious purposes.

meth is the solidified form of methamphetamine. They are usually white like ice crystals, hence the name crystal methamphetamine. Or crystal meth. There's an active ingredient in the meth which is used in medicine , but the process of creating the meth itself requires the addition of dangerous substances.

The components of meth are as follows:

1. Pseudoephedrine (the medicinal active ingredient used in cough/cold medicines )
2. Lithium (from car batteries)
3. Red phosphorus (from matchboxes , fireworks, flares, or explosives)
4. Sulfuric acid (found in toilet/bathroom cleaning fluid , it is highly corrosive)
5. Anhydrous ammonia (used in fertilizers)
6. Toluene (found in car brake fluid)
7. Acetone (used in nail polish remover)
8. Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda, used for making soap, dyes, explosives etc)
9. Hydrochloric acid (chemistry students know not to mess with concentrated HCL acid in the lab)
10. Petrol ( needs no introduction )

All these dangerous substances have a certain effect on the system . For instance , have you ever tasted or inhaled petrol while transferring from jerry can to car using a hose ? You noticed a certain lightheadedness like a high feeling, right ? Some people found a way to mix all these substances together and it turned to solid form. (That's if they did not die from explosion while boiling it).

You don't have to be told what these substances can do to your body.

Now that you know what crystal meth is made of, would you knowingly go ahead and ingest it ? Warn others and save a life.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/crystal-meth-what-you-should_know#2

https://www.justice.gov/archive/olp/methawareness/

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/meth-addiction/dangers-methamphetamine-ingredients-made/

M
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ifelawboy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
PAtoGCFR2034:
I am posting this here incase you know anybody who takes this drug. If you actually know what goes into making (cooking) crystal methamphetamine, you will likely not touch it unless you've thrown caution to wind and hellbent on ruining your system. Meth is not a natural substance from plants like marijuana. It is completely artificial.

This is for educational purposes , to inform the youth who may, out of ignorance, be lured into consuming this substance. This is not intended for use by any misguided individual for nefarious purposes.

meth is the solidified form of methamphetamine. They are usually white like ice crystals, hence the name crystal methamphetamine. Or crystal meth. There's an active ingredient in the meth which is used in medicine , but the process of creating the meth itself requires the addition of dangerous substances.

The components of meth are as follows:

1. Pseudoephedrine (the medicinal active ingredient used in cough/cold medicines )
2. Lithium (from car batteries)
3. Red phosphorus (from matchboxes , fireworks, flares, or explosives)
4. Sulfuric acid (found in toilet/bathroom cleaning fluid , it is highly corrosive)
5. Anhydrous ammonia (used in fertilizers)
6. Toluene (found in car brake fluid)
7. Acetone (used in nail polish remover)
8. Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda, used for making soap, dyes, explosives etc)
9. Hydrochloric acid (chemistry students know not to mess with concentrated HCL acid in the lab)
10. Petrol ( needs no introduction )

All these dangerous substances have a certain effect on the system . For instance , have you ever tasted or inhaled petrol while transferring from jerry can to car using a hose ? You noticed a certain lightheadedness like a high feeling, right ? Some people found a way to mix all these substances together and it turned to solid form. (That's if they did not die from explosion while boiling it).

You don't have to be told what these substances can do to your body.

Now that you know what crystal meth is made of, would you knowingly go ahead and ingest it ? Warn others and save a life.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/crystal-meth-what-you-should_know#2

https://www.justice.gov/archive/olp/methawareness/

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/meth-addiction/dangers-methamphetamine-ingredients-made/

Eyin ore mi ni 'ilenaira'. E je ki a ma promote meth yio. Moma make sure pe ma try e ni next week.
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by tillaman(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
komodapson:

Have you lived in SA before?
you are asking cause of NYAOPE right ?? Yeah I spent de months there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by tillaman(m): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
cayorday89:

Sorry for been too forward on that, which ever name she might be tagged, at least you get my message, requesting for this girl's is one of the pre-requisites to the abuse of drugs. Hope you get my message though.
yeah i get your point my bro but she’s someone I’ve known during my service year so we just decided to hang even though i was unaware she has started smoking sef!
I’m just glad things didn’t turn out bad that said day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by tillaman(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
ume1000:
Mr counselor when dey carry runs girl well don oh

Who no whether she be underage self
Again she’s not a runs girl, she’s someone I kick it with during my service year back then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ume1000: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
Again she’s not a runs girl, she’s someone I kick it with during my service year back then
so yo kicked it with a drug addict

You do realize you are an accomplice

In legal term you are an " accessory after the fact"
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by tillaman(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
ume1000:
so yo kicked it with a drug addict

You do realize you are an accomplice

In legal term you are an " accessory after the fact"
my bro, even though I owe you no explanation but she was never this way when we were kicking it, she changed all of a sudden

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by OutisComputers7: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
Oshey Alchemist!!
This is not a SE matter alone it’s the entire nation, What about those yahoo boys smoking Colorado in SW, I was in Ogun state Mid September so I invited this chic to my hotel room I controlled her all the way from Abk so she told me to give her money for smoke which I did, she got to my room it’s wasn’t the regular weed She sprinkled some brown or ash stuff on it I really don’t know what it was but looks more like nyaope, she wrapped a very tiny smoke and she said this shit cost her 2,500 I was unbothered so she only took 3 puffs I swear na so this babe begin drool like new born baby all efforts to snap her out of that realm were fruitless, me I don dey pack my bag the moment she started breathing abnormally Naso babe talk say make I no foh say na the trips dey make her do like that, I just manage shower relax for couch while she was in her trance all the konji wey hold me don clear! Naso she enter bathroom like 3 hours later she wan dey romance me Naso I change am for the babe oo, she apologized and all once 6:30 knack I checked out straight up!

Addiction is a demon, once you are hooked on any substance then you need to seek all the help you can find, our youths needs to do better, Parents should observe their wards and get those with questionable characters the help they need either SW, SE or SS
This is a wake up call to every concerned quarters

That's Herion(Thailand) and it's worse than meth. They take it Wrongly in Nigeria. Should be boiled and injected
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by komodapson(m): 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
you are asking cause of NYAOPE right ?? Yeah I spent de months there

Yeah....I thought as much...
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ume1000: 11:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
tillaman:
my bro, even though I owe you no explanation but she was never this way when we were kicking it, she changed all of a sudden
you gave her money to buy the said drug

Don't even know which is worse
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by engrchykae(m): 11:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
illicit:
shocked

NDLEA should have a CRACK team
do you really think ndlea cares?
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by dannyspeejay(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2021
Can't say enough
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Ochelyko1: 12:26am On Nov 25, 2021
benuejosh:

is it the same drugs the fulani herdsmen, bandits, bokoharam and even the armajuris are taking? bcus am sure thats what u even took for u to think like an ass hole
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by ghettochild(m): 12:28am On Nov 25, 2021
After marketing it here in SA..
They have taken it back to their own aboard...
Now they getting a taste of their own medicine
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Nobody: 12:47am On Nov 25, 2021
Breaking bad
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 1:33am On Nov 25, 2021
benuejosh:

Must you behave like a fool you're by calling ipob.
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by benuejosh: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Okwuapkunaonu:

Must you behave like a fool you're by calling ipob.
i pity your entire generation. That drugs will destroy your generation if you are not careful.
Re: The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 10:48pm On Nov 25, 2021
benuejosh:
i pity your entire generation. That drugs will destroy your generation if you are not careful.

Pity your useless parents that couldn't give you the quality life and education that will help you in life. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Grinding Machine Removes Student’s Testicles In Bauchi / Coronavirus: Chinese Nationals Ihedioha Hired Abscond From Project Sites In Imo / SHOCKING PHOTOS: Girl Suffers Burns After Transformer Explodes At Epe,lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.