Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

#EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied (847 Views)

Lekki Killings, A Massacre - Bukola Saraki / Alhaji Lai Mohammed: Buhari, Not Saraki Made Me Minister / Lai Mohammed Lied, FG Paid ‘Large Ransom’ To Free Dapchi Girls – UN Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

#EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2021
Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Honourable Federal Minister of Information and Culture, refuting the EndSARs Judicial Panel Report on the tragic extra judicial murder of defenceless protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate by Nigerian soldiers on October 20, 2020, before the release of a White Paper by the Lagos State government shows his anxiety and ignorance.

Why is the Federal Government jittery over the report?
Because, the report indicted the NIgerian Army?
Because, the report showed that Alhaji Lai Mohammed lied by denying that protesters were murdered at the Lekki Toll Gate on the ill fated October 20, 2020?

The most ridiculous response of Alhaji Lai Mohammed was his childish and ignorant mockery of the CNN that has live videos of the Lekki Toll Gate shootings and reports from the communications satellite that recorded everything that happened that fateful night.
The CIA has the facts and the CNN has access to these facts; from all the phone calls and text messages communicated by the Lagos State government and the Federal Government involving the NIgerian Army and the Nigerian Police.

The following were tweets on the eyewitness accounts of the Lekki Toll Gate Killings on October 20, 2020 during the EndSARs protests.

Replying to @Amosxeasy and @iam_YCee
A conversation testimony of someone who was present at the venue proves the bodies were evacuated to remove evidence that's why u dont see any bodies.
Cnn africa
Quote Tweet

Amos X-easy
@Amosxeasy
· Oct 22, 2020
Replying to @Amosxeasy and @iam_YCee
A conversation testimony of someone who was present at the venue proves the bodies were evacuated to remove evidence that's why u dont see any bodies.
Nov 25, 2020, 7:31 AM
https://twitter.com/Amosxeasy/status/1319366157334384643
https://twitter.com/Amosxeasy/status/1319366157334384643
Nov 25, 2020, 7:34 AM
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by HappyPagan: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2021
The place was so dark.. the army came and shot people in the darkness.

In the darkness, the slain fell. In the darkness, their bodies were moved. In the darkness, vans transported fresh corpses across Lagos. In the darkness, the scene was wiped down..in the dark, the family members of the slain remain.

What a thick darkness that must have been.

'Social media isn't real.... But we watched the massacre in the palms of our hands... This government must be liars'
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nonpartisan1: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2021
mumu grin angry grin

no be satellite from CNN grin

illiterates everywhere.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2021
HappyPagan:

In the darkness, the slain fell. In the darkness, their bodies were moved. In the darkness, vans transported fresh corpses across Lagos. In the darkness, the scene was wiped down..in the dark, the family members of the slain remain.

'Social media isn't real.... But we watched the massacre in the palms of our hands... This government must be liars'
As the son of a former soldier in the Nigerian military and had friends who retired as Generals, I am just laughing at Alhaji Lai Mohammed.
A civilian defending military officers sent to to quell an uprising and saying they did not kill anyone is just stupid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by FreeStuffsNG: 10:00am On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

As the son of a former soldier in the Nigerian military and had friends who retired as Generals, I am just laughing at Alhaji Lai Mohammed.
A civilian defending military officers sent to to quell an uprising and saying they did not kill anyone is just stupid.
Maybe you should tell him and his soldier dad to go and read the ballistic expert (usually a trained experienced person with military precision background) who the panel itself independently brought in and read the pathologist report. The problem is that many of you want to solve a problem from answer you copied from the back of the page of the book. We are not going back to those stories again so please don't take us back to Egypt.
They have said people died, they sat for a whole year and came up with names. The problem now is that it turned out that the names are fictitious and they ,in a bizarre manner, do not have friends, family, neighbours, pastors, imams,spouses and even not a social media page!
That's why you guys should divert your focus on unravelling the puzzle since that's where we are now. Even the person who faced the panel in person was declared dead! So who recommended that tax payers be paid to fictitious names and is it right to lie on oath and go scot free?
This is where we are now. You can't say people died and for one year say to investigate it and end up submitting fictitious names and insisting we pay those fictitious names without trace of them or their families

3 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 24, 2021
When you leave Obigbo and Awkwuzu massacre to be shouting lekki fake massacre, Yoruba will think it has ulterior motive

Leave Yoruba alone and drag Peter obi to set up investigation panel like Sanwolu
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 10:45am On Nov 24, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Maybe you should tell him and his soldier dad to go and read the ballistic expert (usually a trained experienced person with military precision background) who the panel itself independently brought in and read the pathologist report. The problem is that many of you want to solve a problem from answer you copied from the back of the page of the book. We are not going back to those stories again so please don't take us back to Egypt.
They have said people died, they sat for a whole year and came up with names. The problem now is that it turned out that the names are fictitious and they ,in a bizarre manner, do not have friends, family, neighbours, pastors, imams,spouses and even not a social media page!
That's why you guys should divert your focus on unravelling the puzzle since that's where we are now. Even the person who faced the panel in person was declared dead! So who recommended that tax payers be paid to fictitious names and is it right to lie on oath and go scot free?
This is where we are now. You can't say people died and for one year say to investigate it and end up submitting fictitious names and insisting we pay those fictitious names without trace of them or their families

Alhaji Lai Mohammed quoted the portion of the experts that he wanted to quote out of context.

Here is what they said:

Lekki Shooting: Live, military-grade ammunition fired at protesters – Expert

“Apart from the sworn statement by the military spokesperson at the Lagos State Tribunal, the team observed, on examined video material, that the military was firing blank ammunition. This is due to the repeated arming of their weapons to reload, before firing into the air,” he said.

‘Imagery reveals use of live ammunition’
Mr Willie-Harry, however, said examination conducted by the forensic team into the open-source imagery and news reporting, including the social media, showed that “the military fired live ammunition at some point.”

“Along with the individual injuries and medical reports, we are of the opinion that ‘live’ military-grade ammunition, may have been discharged at some point at the Lekki Toll Gate on 20th October 2020, after 21:00 hrs and possibly aimed, at the road surface in front of protesters.”

The expert said the live ammunition hit the “majority of the victims in the lower limbs at much reduced kinetic energy but with enough energy to fracture the long bones without exiting the victims’ bodies.”

He said injuries of this category were recorded around 9:30 p.m according to the time stamp on medical records.

“The team has identified the firearms carried by the military officers, during the alleged incident, as Kalashnikov AK type variants including Chinese Type 56, some with (foldable bayonet) extended. These weapons discharge the 7.62mmx39 Type 56 / PS.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487172-lekki-shooting-live-military-grade-ammunition-fired-at-protesters-expert.html
Nigerian army admits to having live rounds at Lekki Toll Gate protests, despite previous denials
By Nima Elbagir, Katie Polglase, Gianluca Mezzofiore, Stephanie Busari and Jennifer Hansler, CNN
Updated 3:04 PM EST, Sat November 21, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/africa/nigeria-shooting-lekki-toll-gate-intl/index.html

2 Likes

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 10:48am On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:
When you leave Obigbo and Awkwuzu massacre to be shouting lekki fake massacre, Yoruba will think it has ulterior motive

Leave Yoruba alone and drag Peter obi to set up investigation panel like Sanwolu
Is Peter Obi the Governor?
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by FreeStuffsNG: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

Alhaji Lai Mohammed quoted the portion of the experts that he wanted to quote out of context.

Here is what they said:

Nigerian army admits to having live rounds at Lekki Toll Gate protests, despite previous denials
By Nima Elbagir, Katie Polglase, Gianluca Mezzofiore, Stephanie Busari and Jennifer Hansler, CNN
Updated 3:04 PM EST, Sat November 21, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/africa/nigeria-shooting-lekki-toll-gate-intl/index.html

You are not addressing the point sir but quoting CNN here. Please who is Nathaniel Solomon?
Who inserted falsehoods into the report and why is it a big deal to own up to lying on oath or provide evidence of the dead fictitious names in the report. Anything short of this is playing to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by ba7man(m): 10:56am On Nov 24, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

You are not addressing the point sir but quoting CNN here. Please who is Nathaniel Solomon?
Who inserted falsehoods into the report and why is it a big deal to own up to lying on oath or provide evidence of the dead fictitious names in the report. Anything short of this is playing to the gallery.
Everytime they have the opportunity to provide evidence of the dead at the toll gate, to shame the Govt, it's lies, fake names, useless prayers, daft questions, unrelated points, character assasination, insults and emotional outbursts is all they offer.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

The percentage of errors is like 10% of the total Report.
Alhaji Lai Mohammed should have waited for the Lagos State government to release their own statement on the Report.
But since both him and the government of the national ruling party have lost credibility and accountability on the political crisis in Nigeria, majority of Nigerians will not believe them.

Personally, the Lekki Killings cost me the prospective relationship with a beautiful woman who was in charge of the logistics for the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate. I had prior intelligence knowledge of the Nigerian Army storming the place and told them to leave, but they refused to listen and turned against me. The soldiers were sent to quell an uprising, because the ulterior motive of the sponsors of the EndSARs protests was to propel the momentum to overthrow the administraton of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by joyandfaith: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Femi falana, ebun adegorunwa, dele farotimi etc are igbo. All the injured and slain ones are igbo too.
Nonsense.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by joyandfaith: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

Alhaji Lai Mohammed should have waited for the Lagos State government to release their own statement on the Report.
But since both him and the government of national ruling party have lost credibility and accountability on the political crisis in Nigeria, majority of Nigerians will not believe them.

Personally, the Lekki Killings cost me the prospective relationship with a beautiful woman who was in charge of the logistics for the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate. I had prior intelligence knowledge of the Nigerian Army storming the place and told them to leave, but they refused to listen and turned against me. The soldiers were sent to quell an uprising, because the ulterior motives of the sponsors of the EndSARs protests was to propel the momentum to overthrow the administraton of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Did woman survive the massacre?
Youths refused to back down because they were not convinced that FG would fulfil its promise. And truly, police are back in the streets with normal extortion and killings.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by FreeStuffsNG: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

But since both him and the government of national ruling party have lost credibility and accountability on the political crisis in Nigeria, majority of Nigerians will not believe them.

Personally, the Lekki Killings cost me the prospective relationship with a beautiful woman who was in charge of the logistics for the protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate. I had prior intelligence knowledge of the Nigerian Army storming the place and told them to leave, but they refused to listen and turned against me. The soldiers were sent to quell an uprising, because the ulterior motives of the sponsors of the EndSARs protests was to propel the momentum to overthrow the administraton of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Please don't deflect us to innuendos sir. If you know anyone who died at Lekki , you had one whole year to go report at the panel. The issue is that you are not being fair and honest if again I need to remind you that right now we have fictitious names in the report and being requested be paid tax payers money. Should we just accept the falsehoods?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

Femi falana, ebun adegorunwa, dele farotimi etc are igbo. All the injured and slain ones are igbo too.
Nonsense.

You mean Igbo lives are inconsequential in Nigeria? When will you protest the killing of over 1000 Igbo youth in Awkwuzu River or 10,000 deaths in Obigbo massacre?

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

Is Peter Obi the Governor?

He was the governor, the present government in Anambra give no fuxk too meaning the death is nothing and he knows dem no born you well to protest
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

Did woman survive the massacre?
Youths refused to back down because they were not convinced that FG would fulfil its promise. And truly, police are back in the streets with normal extortion and killings.
She survived and said she was leaving Nigeria and would never return.
She said I was insensitive and unconcerned about those who were killed.
She had enough footage of the tragic incident for a film, because she is a filmmaker from a rich family.
I was not insensitive, but only wanted to be protective, because I cared and really liked her.
They were all declared wanted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:

You mean Igbo lives are inconsequential in Nigeria? When will you protest the killing of over 1000 Igbo youth in Awkwuzu River or 10,000 deaths in Obigbo massacre?
My brother, I am more Igbo than you.
But I will not disclose my identity in a public forum.
Northern NIgeria is going to fall to the ISWAP with the support of majority of the Muslims. They want an Islamic State.
See the attached map.

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

My brother, I am more Igbo than you.
But I will not disclose my identity in a public forum.
Northern NIgeria is going to fall to the ISWAP with the support of majority of the Muslims. They want an Islamic State.
See the attached map.

I'm not Igbo live and let's other live, practice it please

Leave Yoruba to sort themselves out
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Please don't deflect us to innuendos sir. If you know anyone who died at Lekki , you had one whole year to go report at the panel. The issue is that you are not being fair and honest if again I need to remind you that right now we have fictitious names in the report and being requested be paid tax payers money. Should we just accept the falsehoods?
I was not at Lekki Toll Gate.
I stopped supporting the EndSARs protests when they refused to obey the curfew.
That was the last straw.
What happened is called "Operation Nagode Everywhere".
Soldiers understand that.
The EndSARs protests were meant to topple President Muhammadu Buhari.

Premium Times knew those who were killed and met their bereaved families.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by IbileIfe: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:

I'm not Igbo live and let's other live, practice it please

Leave Yoruba to sort themselves out
My father was an IFA priest.
My mother was Igbo
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by BecomeALandLord(m): 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
I fear who doesn't fear this Lai Mohammed
My Goodness..!!!

We are real estate professionals
Contact us for genuine lands/houses in choice locations.
Check out signature
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by FreeStuffsNG: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

I was not at Lekki Toll Gate.
I stopped supporting the EndSARs protests when they refused to obey the curfew.
That was the last straw.
What happened is called "Operation Nagode Everywhere".
Soldiers understand that.
The EndSARs protests were meant to topple President Muhammadu Buhari.

Premium Times knew those who were killed and met their bereaved families.

Like Nathaniel Solomon? If only you know how Premium Times would have exposed the government if it was FG that provided those fictitious names. We have gone beyond innuendos sir.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by joyandfaith: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Most of people that killed or injured during lekki invasion were yorubas. If igbo and other tribes care about yoruba lives. Good. If they don't care about their lives, we can only advise them.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by xelly: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
HappyPagan:

Stop fooling yourself. Phones have torchlight, Cars have headlamp.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by HappyPagan: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
xelly:

Stop fooling yourself. Phones have torchlight, Cars have headlamp.
Yet nothing was seen.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by plaindealer: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
The CIA has the facts..... grin grin

KGB nko? grin grin

Comedians..
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Max24: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Assuming without conceeding that there were errors in the report, are you saying we should discard the report? If the panel made error over Nathaniel Solomon and right with others we should ignore all? How are we sure the error was not planted by same people in government hoping to rubbish the panels work. We all know what Nigerian Security can do when holding a gun. I don't even need the panel report or CNN to guess what transpired that day. We have all been witnesses to how intoxicated they get when holding guns. You people are just deceiving yourselves. We all know the TRUTH.
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

Most of people that killed or injured during lekki invasion were yorubas. If igbo and other tribes care about yoruba lives. Good. If they don't care about their lives, we can only advise them.

Igbos are 60 percent of people killed in fake lekki massacre, it its true then I beg to ask why did igbo migrated from Abia and Imo to come and protest in Lagos when the same protest is going on in their states
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
IbileIfe:

My father was an IFA priest.
My mother was Igbo

Many Ibos can't now pretend to be Yoruba now
Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by joyandfaith: 4:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Igbos are 60 percent of people killed in fake lekki massacre, it its true then I beg to ask why did igbo migrated from Abia and Imo to come and protest in Lagos when the same protest is going on in their states

Check the list again and cure your ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #EndSARS Lekki Killings: Alhaji Lai Mohammed Lied by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
joyandfaith:

Check the list again and cure your ignorance.

I don't have time for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diversed As Nigeria?? / Goodluck Jonathan Is Going To Be The President 2023!! / Breaking: Nwajiuba First To Resign As Buhari Awaits Malami,amaechi, Ngige,Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.