Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls (3008 Views)

If Only May Yuledochie Listened To This Advice 2 weeks ago. / MEN!! Stop Being Like This For These WH0R£S!! Learn To HAVE STANDARDS!! (Photos) / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by femi4: 7:49am On Nov 26, 2021
Tobam7302:
I don't know why I am just different from everyone. For most of my life I have always been the quiet one in any group even if I wish I could also be free like anyone else.

And now I am in the university. I am still the same maybe even worse, I am pratically a loner now. The virtual stuff we are doing is not even helping matter at all.

Before I gained admission I have always hoped that university will probably change me, but I am in 200 level now nothing has changed. It's like I don't have that fast thinking to give good replies to conversations (especially Yoruba ). And my friend is like the complete opposite of me; free with everyone, funny, witty with words and stuffs.

I can count the number of things I say per day. I just want to get better than this and meet new people. I am going to be 20 next year, yet no babe or even female friends. Shey I even get male sef talkless of female.

My parents sef are probably hoping for some changes. One of my Granny's last words to me was 'when will you not be shy again'. I just laughed then but it's really serious to me... No day pass without me thinking about this.

I just envy people that are just so fucking good at talking, especially this funny bangers people do ( I am so bad at this. I will probably just bore the person out).

The worst part is the way people treat you like a kid just because I don't talk the way, I am supposed to. I am just depressed. Anytime I go out, I always come back depressed, why?. When I see the quality of conversations people have and how fun and confident they are talking. My friend is probably tired of me. Phone calls sef na trouble. No one calls me except my parents.

What do I do to be normal, how do I live like others and just enjoy life? I have even thought about taking weed to help me that's how desperate I am.

If you have experienced this before please how did you overcome.This is really draining me. I just wanted to let it all out sorry if the post is long.
Seek knowledge. Invest your time in reading and watch interesting movies, events etc, If you love football, go to viewing centres, if you're good academically, teacher others what you know, organize tutorial classes. If you're a Christian, join the Sunday school or choir group in your Church.

Mentioned above are activities that LL make talk, talk and talk even if you are a core introvert.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Moeman: 8:14am On Nov 26, 2021
i used to be like you, the best way to face your problem is just go out and start talking....worked for me though
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by oazeez1991(m): 9:45am On Nov 26, 2021
Tobam7302:

I am pisces
Then without any iota of doubt, u are obviously an INTROVERT. It's ur nature; it's ur identity. Instead of wallowing in self-pity, why not channel those energy in tkin advantage of ur strengths such as creativity, then u follow my suggestion nd other ones u find useful on d thread. U can start 4rm d book I recommended, it gonna help ur situation nd mk u appreciate ur being while guiding u on how 2 cope with ur concern.

Don't mind those condemnin nd claimin u are suffering 4rm low self-esteem or lack confidence whatsoever, most of dem are extroverts nd will neva understand u cos 2 them, everybody ought 2 act d way dey do (like extroverts), any deviation wud mk dem tag u ol sort of names like wat I earlier mentioned. Introverts do understand dem (extroverts) 4 who dey are, but same can't be said abt understandin introverts.

In fact, it's very normal u feel worried over it, an average introvert who is yet 2 discover or understand his/her personality feel same as we are mostly surrounded by these extroverts who tries 2 force dia personality on us by expectin us 2 be just like dem. Dey (extroverts) r d dominatin personality which put dem at a more advantage ova us.

Just in case u couldn't get 2 access d book by Susan Cain, u may WhatsApp me on d number attached 2 my signature so I can share u d PDF. Also book like, 'WHY U ACT THE WAY U DO?' and 'HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE' by Dale Carnegie, books like those wud help u nd guide u on how 2 cope as an introverts. Got pdf of dose books on my archive.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by zed7: 9:55am On Nov 26, 2021
You're suffering from low self esteem. Your shyness and being quiet is not the issue.
You just have to find a way to build your self confidence. Loads of quiet and shy people have friends.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by purefacti(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2021
i use to be like op let's say 6 years ago and 1 of the reason is that i have access to phone early so i did rather wish to be alone so that I can enjoy my games and the rest of the stuff with out disturbance but after my secondary school i picked up this is how I did it
i simply faced my fears i just forced myself to be doing it everyday like greeting strangers or making funny compliments plus I read alot of books to be versatile books like novel,comic, current affairs so that I will be able to contribute to conversation and now I can switch as I like introvert extrovert
extrovert introvert
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by jericco1(m): 11:09am On Nov 26, 2021
You just need to build yourself from scratch
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Mianemol(f): 2:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Interact as much as you can without fear of looking stupid when you are self conscious of what you say (like will they say shut up, will they ignore ) that's when you tend to keep quiet Bring up random questions, random gists can initiate conversations..
Tip don't start serious with hi might be caught up looking for what next to say
You could start with compliments i.e I love buying cloth when I have money etc you could get a response of where do you buy them...the conversation flows
To initiate more conversations its as polite to ask can we talk some other time? It goes on like that
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Figger(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Tobam7302:
I don't know why I am just different from everyone. For most of my life I have always been the quiet one in any group even if I wish I could also be free like anyone else.

And now I am in the university. I am still the same maybe even worse, I am pratically a loner now. The virtual stuff we are doing is not even helping matter at all.

Before I gained admission I have always hoped that university will probably change me, but I am in 200 level now nothing has changed. It's like I don't have that fast thinking to give good replies to conversations (especially Yoruba ). And my friend is like the complete opposite of me; free with everyone, funny, witty with words and stuffs.

I can count the number of things I say per day. I just want to get better than this and meet new people. I am going to be 20 next year, yet no babe or even female friends. Shey I even get male sef talkless of female.

My parents sef are probably hoping for some changes. One of my Granny's last words to me was 'when will you not be shy again'. I just laughed then but it's really serious to me... No day pass without me thinking about this.

I just envy people that are just so fucking good at talking, especially this funny bangers people do ( I am so bad at this. I will probably just bore the person out).

The worst part is the way people treat you like a kid just because I don't talk the way, I am supposed to. I am just depressed. Anytime I go out, I always come back depressed, why?. When I see the quality of conversations people have and how fun and confident they are talking. My friend is probably tired of me. Phone calls sef na trouble. No one calls me except my parents.

What do I do to be normal, how do I live like others and just enjoy life? I have even thought about taking weed to help me that's how desperate I am.

If you have experienced this before please how did you overcome.This is really draining me. I just wanted to let it all out sorry if the post is long.
all u need is weed, roll that sh1t, light that sh1t and smoke that sh1t, come back here and give us testimony.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Internet22: 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
You are not alone in this situation I'm one of the living testimony to this, I'm an extreme introvert people hardly see me outside.
But one things that's helping my situation whenever I find myself around people is that I always move to where people gathered making conversations, I listen well and try to make my contribution.
I love football, music, Tech, wrestling, boxing, UFC, and anything related to Space. So I always try to make conversations in this areas that I'm good at among people.
But any conversation about personal life, I really suck at that grin
And I've seen improvement since I started working again and seeing people everyday.
My advice is, try to make conversations on areas you're good at, you may even start watching football or other outdoor sports, they'll really help your social life.
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by xarm(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
Read 'how to win a friend and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Also read 48 law of power by Robert Greene and the subtle art of not giving a f.ck by mark Manson. Attend school party and make sure you drink at least 2 trophy, and dance your sorrow away
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Tobam7302: 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
larryking540:

all because of peer pressure,my guy face your book look for a group reading partners mix with both male and females ,which course are u studying by the way
Physics
Re: I Am Tired Of Being Like This. Advice Me Pls by Ayojideonline(m): 3:58am On Nov 27, 2021
Tobam7302:

This is not something you should worry about much unless you have bad and destructive habits attached. Concentrate more on being productive, Independent and have more freedom, especially productively making money, Get a skill, be good at it .......Then gradually network with like minds..You need to network to make more income ....This is gradual. This is a phase of your type of nature. Just try to understand yourself, yes it is okay to ask questions... You are not like others....don't force it ....Just discover yourself more positively, Worry less, it doesn't solve any problem, but your skills will....then you will confidently express to more people .....You will have more peace of mind and be able to freely relate with anyone! .....Try it, Good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Men Like Big As* But Here's What No Man Can Resist / Please Recommend Sex Manpower Drugs For Me / Bad News!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.