Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,371 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149292 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
I am so happy for this great work from you, more grease to your elbow.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 5:21am On Nov 20, 2011
Refinishing an old stairway can add a great deal of charm to a dead hallway especially the one in the pictures attached. Follow along as we renovate the stairwell and entryway for livability.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
STAIRWELL AND ENTRYWAY RENOVATION UPDATE

The preparatory work for the staircase renovations has started.

Today 22|11|2011

The first, or ‘cleaning up’, phase of the stairwell and entryway renovations here at LSPDC 63 is nearing completion. We have removed all the unwanted junks from the stairway. The whole floors are nearly cleared out as well and awaiting its new makeover. It’s messy work but it’s exciting as well.

The work went so quickly that I didn't have time to snap any pictures. Or maybe I forgot - but really there's nothing much to show you.

Expect to see more construction activities on site from Thursday when major work is scheduled to begin. Work will be taking place simultaneously on the 3 floors.

Tomorrow, I'll be visiting the welder for the fabrication of the new entrance door. The bricklayer will be sealing all the seal-ables and blocking all the block-ables.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
Dear NL Friends,

Sorry it took so long, for me to write this. I can't thank you enough for everything. If it weren't for you guys, I would be in a world of hurt today. I owe you so many thanks.

Most especially to my dear client "Ahanohia" - I wanted to tell you how grateful I am for your help with my recent difficult situation. I was amazed at the level of maturity displayed and appreciative of your insight in these matters. I can look back on this experience as a valuable lesson and continue on with my business as usual.

Thank you for giving me a second chance to create first impression.

@All, make una help us thank our esteemed client for giving us newer jobs.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
@ Ahanohia, I guess we need to learn a great lesson out of your calmness, maturity and ability to move on in life despite different challenges. Thanks. smiley

@NextHome, I am so happy that at the end of the day all went well. More grease to your elbow. smiley
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 1:26am On Nov 30, 2011
Here are the latest images of the work that is being carried out on the stairwell at the LSPDC Reno Site. Work is progressing well…but as you will see from the photos, there is still a long way to go!!

But that said, I'm happy to report that work has been completed on the tread of the staircase and ready for the next step,  figuring out what to put do with the riser.

The initial choice is to screed and paint over but this isn't very flexible and won't achieve a very good finish. Another option is to install 5" x 3' rectangular boards on the riser and paint over,

I think waiting for my client in this regards will be the best option. I can't take a unilateral decision on this.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 1:41am On Nov 30, 2011
Rearranging the wires - the hardest part of the job.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 1:57am On Nov 30, 2011
More

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2011
Easy with those electrical works o, nice work Bros.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Pukkah: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2011
NextHome:

Refinishing an old stairway can add a great deal of charm to a dead hallway especially the one in the pictures attached. Follow along as we renovate the stairwell and entryway for livability.

Do you want to change the railings? Stainless steel won't be a bad idea.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2011
We are not changing the rails. Just minor makeover.

@Spyder880, we are extremely cautious. December is only few hours away.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 3:37am On Dec 05, 2011
Eyes are itching, pls more updates.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 7:22am On Dec 25, 2011
It’s been a record breaking year for NextHome Builders and it is all down to you, our esteemed clients, fabulous readers, the many contributors and industry professionals from all over the world, many of whom I have been lucky enough to meet in person or at least get to know through our Facebook page and other social media platform.

I would like to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I look forward to a lot more inter-action with readers, clients, suppliers and partners in 2012. There are lots of exciting projects in the pipeline, which I know you are going to enjoy seeing here.

I hope you all get what you have wished for and deserve this Christmas. Merry Christmas!

We will still be working hard to bring you more interesting posts, so please don’t forget to look in on a regular basis.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Dec 25, 2011
Merry Chistmas bros, aah! I can smell some turkey meat frying in the kitchen!!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2011
2011 in Retrospect

Luxury Block of Flats
Project Site: Beachland Estate, Arepo
Expected Completion Date: [/b]June 2012
[b]Resumption Date:
January 2012

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 8:56am On Dec 25, 2011
2011 in Retrospect

A Niche in Ogijo

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2011
2011 in Retrospect

Septic Tank

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
2011 in Retrospect

Roofing Project

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
2011 in Retrospect

Geo-Technical Soil Investigation

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2011
Looking forward to a great thread and project in the year 2012.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by mykel09(m): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
bros i liked that suspended ceiling idea how much did it cost you ,id like to install it in my rooms about 55sqm
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by AmAlone: 7:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
NextHome How far on the luxury block of flats??
No show yet??
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 4:34am On Feb 12, 2012
^^^Work in progress, Brabus, bring this thread to live.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by widesheds: 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2012
NextHome, That's a whole lot of projects you have undertaken and have loved to have a look at all of them and especially loved the roofing project, that what caught my attention more than anything else. Looking forward for more of such interesting projects and do remember to keep us posted about the projects you have undertaken.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by caseymoney(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2012
Some bad belle in this forum had discourage Brabus from sharing. I could recall how people turned themselves to a Judge with a law certificate!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hi everybody,

It’s been a while since I last post on this thread and there have been anxious queries - its all for good reasons though. I've been a lot busy this days and never had the chance to go back and update things you were looking at a few months, or in this case, almost a year ago.

I haven’t been checking the stats for hits to this thread lately so I don’t know if I still have any faithful who are looking in periodically for anything new. If there are, thank you and I promise some new topics over the coming days.

So this is what is new,

I do not want to buy vegetables again. Neither do I plan to visit the fish market anymore. Instead, I'm planning to set up a structure in my backyard that breed fish while recycling their water to grow my vegetables.

It's called aquaponics – the combination of aquaculture (breeding fish in captivity as a food source) and hydroponics (growing plants without soil).

Now, you know why I'm busy. Be on the look out for more update on a new thread

Arepo Luxury Flat - Project to resume shortly. Right now, we are getting the materials but before the project resumes. There are interesting pictures I'd like to show on this thread - The Transformed Neighbourhood

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 4:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
Arepo Luxury Flats - The Transformed Neighbourhood

If there is anything special about THIS neighborhood, it is that there is a beautiful orchard and all the residents are good neighbors. Far removed from any heavy traffic flows, this neighborhood is also a place of peace and quietness. Above all, it adds value.

All buildings in the picture below were built within the last 4 - 5 months and they're structurally sound.

The neighbourhood is completely built up. Now we can alter our design to create a balance between monotony and repetition of similar design elements in the community.

People really prefer some compatibility of architectural styles with little or no regards to building type. Now, we know our neighbours - their building style and type and we are going to work with a certain degree of tolerance.

It's very pleasant to stroll down a block of houses with similar setbacks from the street.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 4:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
Good to know you are doing well. Keep the faith.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
Lord Brabus, well done, in the space of 5 months the whole of the neighbourhood changed!!!! Whao!!! that is cool cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by NextHome(m): 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
Arepo Luxury Flats - Streetscape/Drainage Construction Ongoing

A good neighbourhood can foster a feeling of wellbeing not only for the residents who benefit from the help they receive, but also for the contractors who gain a sense of purpose and a way of giving something back to the community.

To improve community appearance, our friendly neighbour is trying to update what is known as streetscape (covering over 200m), which pertains to the area between the main road and the edge of each plot within the coverage area. This will unite the block faces in some way and soften the view which will be created by the street and the sidewalks.

I love this neighbourhood. Not so many people can do this - make life easier for your neighbours.

@atasteve, anything can happen when the cash is flowing.

Update from the site

11/02/2012 - Borehole sunk (38.6m depth)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by omanzo02: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
Good job.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by princeonx: 6:13am On Feb 19, 2012
@nexthomes
what neighbourhood is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.