Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,281 members, 7,826,083 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149354 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
Pic 1: Standalone wardrobe under construction (size - 900 x 600mm deep)
Pic 2: Double door wardrobe unit with hanging rail and shoe rack (size - 1200 x 600mm deep)
Pic 3: Double door wardrobe unit with mirror, hanging rail and 3 drawer pack (size - 1500 x 600mm deep)
Pic 4: Kitchen wall unit and top

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2012
MORE PICTURE UPDATES FROM AREPO. grin,GENERATOR 35K(INCLUDING TRANSPORT TO PUMP WATER)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:22am On Apr 01, 2012
DINING ARC AND CONSTRUCTION

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:26am On Apr 01, 2012
LINTEL WORK

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:28am On Apr 01, 2012
BLOCK DELIVERY FOR OUTSIDE GUTTER N GRANITE FOR DECK WORK

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2012
DECK MATERIAL AND ELECTRICAL PIPPING IN PROGRESS

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:31am On Apr 01, 2012
DECKING WOODWORK IN PROGRESS AND IRON BENDING

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:34am On Apr 01, 2012
IRON BENDING CONTINUE,GRANITE OFFLOADING AND CANTILEVER CARPENTARY ONGOING

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by lovetosin: 12:35am On Apr 01, 2012
MALLAM STAIRS AND IRON BENDING

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by tolu10: 5:14am On Apr 01, 2012
@barbus, this is absolutely fabulous and very inspiring. Keep up the good work.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by gtrust: 8:10am On Apr 01, 2012
Brabus, well done!

Tell me: what are those whitish pipes for
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:26am On Apr 02, 2012
gtrust: Brabus, well done!

Tell me: what are those whitish pipes for

Thanks!

Those whitish pipe are concealed PVC conduit pipes for the light fittings, TV points, air-conditions, sockets, voice/data points and home automation as requested by my client.

Electrical conduits have to be planned and laid in place before the first floor slab and the lintel beams are cast. Its not compulsory, though.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Mobiann: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2012
is any one here to help with this
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by dagreen14: 12:42am On Apr 24, 2012
NextHome: In case you are wondering why Brabus is not answering your posts, I guess he must have upset Admin of this site to the point that he has been banned from posting here. Here is a copy of the message from the Admin. The charge is unknown.

Sorry brabus, you've lost your forum posting privileges.

Reason: You have been auto-banned by the antispam bot. You may be unbanned shortly.
Please DO NOT REPOST: your post is still here, just hidden. So sorry!

Well for now, NextHome is Brabus reincarnated.

pls which one is better a built in wardrobe with blocks or the wooden? And how much did you install your wooden wardrobe for
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:09am On Apr 30, 2012
dagreen14:

pls which one is better a built in wardrobe with blocks or the wooden? And how much did you install your wooden wardrobe for

When making a choice between a built-in or stand-alone wardrobe, your personal preference rules i.e. Your preference in terms of space, storage needs and cost matters. The standalone wardrobe can be moved around if necessary while built-in wardrobes are a great way to add a touch of elegance to your room at relatively cheaper cost.
I normally recommend fitted/built-in wardrobe in a very large bedroom and standalone/custom-built wardrobes in smaller rooms. But if you're building a dorm room, a built-in wardrobe is a perfect fit.

To your other question, the installation cost is determined by your preferences (size, design elements,and finishes).
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
BRABUS PLEASE WHEN AM I GETTING MY MONEY BACK?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by nettan: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2012
still on this matter?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Need2Drive(m): 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
ahonohai: BRABUS PLEASE WHEN AM I GETTING MY MONEY BACK?

Brabus, you just got dropped from a project we were planning, and I penciled you down.
PAY AHONOHAI now, haba
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by deliceshop(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2012
[/b][b][/b][b]@brabus: Hello whydid you stop posting the cost you hav spend so far on this Project?

Second you did not tell us what the burget of this project?

This all the expensis you have Posted so far on this project
Project Location: Beachland Estate, Arepo, Ogun State
Reason: Proximity to Lagos (5 minutes drive to Berger, 10 minutes to Magodo, 20 minutes to Allen, Ikeja, 30 minutes to Ikoyi Club, 40 minutes to VI, 40 minutes to Murtala Muhammed Airport)
Land Cost: N7.5m (excluding Agency fee, Omo-onile, and miscellanous)
Land Size: 55 x 120ft

Does the land worth the price? Maybe - I'll post more picture of the neighbourhood later tmrw.

LAND INFORMATION
Flat Topography
Fenced with gate
Title: Survey, C of O (almost ready)
In a gated community

Expensis posted so far

Sunday 12 June - Bush clearing was done for N8,000
Tuesday 14 June- 30 tons Granite was bought for N125,000 (extra N2,500 was paid as dev levy to the estate and settlement of suppliers association)
Tuesday 14 June- 20 ton Sharp sand was bought for N48,000
Tuesday 14 June- 30 ton Soft sand was bought for N36,000
Wednesday 15 June- Peg/Tie-rod/Nail (7,200)
Wednesday 15 June- 1000 blocks was bought @ N130 = N130,000
Wednesday 15 June- 50 bags of cement was bought @ N1,850 = N92,500
Wednesday 15 June- 2,000 litres GeePee tank was bought for N27,000
Wednesday 15 June- N1,000 was paid to transport (Tank, Tie-rod)

Total Amount spent on materials as at Wednesday 15 June stood at N477,000

Thursday 16 June - Bricklayer was paid the sum of N70,000 to start the work (Pegging/Setting out/Excavation)
Thursday 16 June - I paid Aboki N1,500 to level the soil for delivery of blocks
Friday 17 June - Bought 2 bag of pure water for the workmen. N200
Friday 17 June - WASTED N4,500 on an effort to get water to the site. (Rent Generator N3,500, bought fuel N300, Paid Plumber N700). The effort was thwarted as the borehole machine is discovered to be faulty
Saturday 18 June - Paid N1,500 to hire another 2,000 litres tank in preparation for foundation laying on Monday 20th
Saturday 18 June - Paid N3,500 to buy water
Saturday 18 June - Paid N1,500 to carry to and fro the tank

Additional N81,700 was spent, so our total expenditure stood at N551,700

COST UPDATE AS AT 28TH JUNE, 2011

2,000 Blocks @ N130 - N260,000 (We still have 214 blocks left)
93 bags of Cement @N1,850 - N172,050 (Blinding, Block setting and Casting of Foundation Pillars)
30 tons of Granite - N127,500 (Additional N2,500 on it was for estate dev. and supplier association)
20 tons of Sharp sand - N48,000
30 tons of Soft sand - N36,000
16 lengths of 16mm iron rod + - N56,400
Ring, Binding Wire, Transport
and Iron Bender workmanship
Shed Construction - N30,700 (Zinc - N12k, Wood - 8k, Nails - N1.2k, Workmanship - N8k, Transport - N1.5k)
Water (Tank & Gen rentage, plumber etc) N11,000 (Gen Rentage - N3k, Tank Rentage - N1.5k, Water - N3.5k, Tank Transport to & fro - N1.5k, Fuel - N.5k, Plumber - N1k)
2,000 litre water tank - N27,000
Bush clearing - N8,000
Tie rod/Peg/nails for pegging - N8,000
Site levelling by aboki for block delivery N1,500
20 planks for german floor - N20,000 (We used 6 for foundation pillar, now left with 14)
Bricklayer - N140,000
Pure Water (6 bags) - N600

TOTAL COST = N946,750

COST UPDATE FROM FILLING STAGE
Balance b/f - N946,750
13 trips of Laterite @ N14,000 - N172,000
Aboki for filling @2k per tipper - N26,000
70 bags of Cement @N1700 - N119,000
20 ton of soft sand - N48,000
Concrete Mixer/labour - N70,000
Rentage of 2,000l tank/transport - N2,000
Supervision - N40,000

TOTAL SUM AS AT 7/7/2011 - N1,426,750:00

22 bags of cement @N1750 + transport - 38,500
2 trips of water @4,000 - N8000
Carpentary work - N5,000
Labour (filling of hollow block) - N1,500
Transport of 40 bags of cement - N1,600

TOTAL COST FROM SITE CLEARING TO GERMAN FLOORING - N1,481,350:00

My advice to you do not mix project on same post and I think you are a Good guy so keep the good job up and be clare with your clients and deal with them in the Nigeria way cos when they need you they hide and show petty face but when there is problem they will never unerstand so deal like a nigeria and be honest which most nigeria business man and client do not have

God Bless you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by blank(f): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
Thank God i decided to get to the end of this thread.

Moving on.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aventures(m): 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
I am sure i am going to be attacked by some people for be blunt whenever i see things not comforming to engineering standard. The builder/engineer in charge of this project is taking a great chance which is absolutely not acceptable this day because of incesant collapse now are partly due to chances some people took years back. Now my observation as an a trained structural engineer on this project is that the engineer/builder/contractor as the case may be is using a wall load bearing method in building a storey building, the implication in this case is the building load is majorly borne by the block wall, meanwhile the blocks we have this days do not pass the strenght test of blocks we can use for such a method. another implication in this case is that the columns are directly protuding into the slab this can result in what we called a punching shear. Though this method is cheaper but to reduce the chances, the builder here should have introduce some beams at some critical point and also engage well qualified iron bender and fixers cos waht i saw is far from a good job. I am not really out to criticise but please let learnt hw to enlightened our clients, if there budget can build bungalow let them build it and have rst of mind rather than trying to save cost at the expense of structural stability and safety.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:23pm On Aug 29, 2012
Aventures: I am sure i am going to be attacked by some people for be blunt whenever i see things not comforming to engineering standard. The builder/engineer in charge of this project is taking a great chance which is absolutely not acceptable this day because of incesant collapse now are partly due to chances some people took years back. Now my observation as an a trained structural engineer on this project is that the engineer/builder/contractor as the case may be is using a wall load bearing method in building a storey building, the implication in this case is the building load is majorly borne by the block wall, meanwhile the blocks we have this days do not pass the strenght test of blocks we can use for such a method. another implication in this case is that the columns are directly protuding into the slab this can result in what we called a punching shear. Though this method is cheaper but to reduce the chances, [b]the builder here should have introduce some beams at some critical point [/b]and also engage well qualified iron bender and fixers cos waht i saw is far from a good job. I am not really out to criticise but please let learnt hw to enlightened our clients, if there budget can build bungalow let them build it and have rst of mind rather than trying to save cost at the expense of structural stability and safety.

There are beams in critical areas. The pics posted were not the final look of the slab before casting.

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2012
Every time this thread gets a new compliment, my day is brightened! Thank you Mr. Tunde20197, thank you for noticing the work we're doing.

You inspire us to do more

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kuntash: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2012
Brabus, whats Blank talking about?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2012
kuntash: Brabus, whats Blank talking about?

@kuntash, longest time bro. I cannot simply take a pass on your request but you might have to go over the thread again.

How's your project going? TTY on Yahoo! Messenger
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 02, 2012
I have finally reached the end of this thread. I learned a lot tongue. Being that my Papa does this kind of work, I know that Brabus is very knowledgeable, but he has room to improve. You must take everything into account, down to the water your workers will drink on break. When you quote a customer a price, it needs to have room for mishpas that may incur. Lastly, get an iron clad contract for the services provided. I'll be starting my own building project within the next 5 years (either Nigeria or Uganda), but be rest assured I will be onsite every day to manage my contractor. May you continue to grow in your endeavors brother!

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by SUNNIYKE4(m): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2012
coolWHAT DOES IT COST TO BUILD A SIX ROOMS AND PARLOUR/SELF CONT:BUNGALOW IN NIGERIA TODAY?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Zatoka: 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
brabus: Hello All, one thing I'll be doing on this thread is to modify my posts wherever needed so that we can keep the thread clean.

@sunnyjz, I'll mail you later. I'll be setting off to site early today.

@caseymoney, I know smartdraw, visio and all others but  I use ConceptDraw for Mac.

@Sagewood, pls check the Land information above. 55 x 120ft (I'll always keep it updated as soon as real things get started). We are building 3 flats. see the floor plan attached.

@Fhemmy - I'm all out for you today. You love pics, you get some nice ones from the neighbourhood.

@love-tosin, thanks for the opportunity you afforded me.

Hi, thanks for sharing this. I'm I've tested conceptdraw on the advice of author and I am very impressed with it, as this helped me with my floor plans.
PS: No ties to ConceptDraw – except as an infrequent user

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Mobiann: 11:09am On May 22, 2013
will like to say thanks to those that contribute to this nice site, this so call contractors are killing guys out there all in the name of helping them
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Mobiann: 11:34am On May 22, 2013
pls can anybody in the house help i need to roof a 4bedroom flat in Ikorodu
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by azpekuliar: 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
What a thread! Jeez! cheesy

Funny how immediately things went awry around page 43, the praise singers lead by a certain fella with blue fonts all disappeared from the thread. cheesy

I have taken very nice & hard leasons away fron this thread. and I hope this is the case with everybody else who would take the pains to go through.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kkmny81: 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
wow is this the end of this thread. I have been following it up from the start, hoping to see a beautiful edifice at the end of the day as i see in Spyder's threads.
Can anything be salvaged from here? What a lesson i have learnt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.